NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > VUALT
User Name
Password

Old 2nd November 1999, 16:42     #161
Bringoutyerdead

Alright, I think I'm still ok

I spoke to Graham Edwards (not to me confused with Graeme Day of Ansvar), and he has told me that there is no way they are paying for the repairs. I told him that I had a letter that says they accept liability and they I was to cancel court proceedings.

He said it didn't matter, they were changing their mind and that was final. I then told him that Ane Sauaga (the lady who sent me the handwritten letter from NZI) had told me in person that she had authorised the repairs to go ahead at NZI's expense and Graham claimed he knew nothing about that.

I then told him I was going to call Ane and clarify exactly what she said to me, and Graham told me *no*. I was not to contact Ane under any circumstances, because as Team Manager he was now handling the issue.

The truth was that he was just trying to stop me from uncovering them- he knows they screwed up by authorising the repairs when their insured didn't want them to. And now he's trying to shift the burden on to me, which isn't gonna happen.

As it turns out, there *was* a letter of 18 October, it was the letter admitting liability on their behalf.

Unfortunately I binned it

I mean, I read it, thought 'it's over' and binned it. Now they fucken turn around on me and say they're changing their mind.

Bearing in mind Graham had told *me* not to talk to Ane, I got the old man to do it instead she faxed us a copy of the 18/10 letter and that's that.

I really don't know what to say about this whole mess. It's $1,000- but Mr. O'Neill seems to be treating it like war.

So if he wants war, he'll get it.

Old 2nd November 1999, 16:51     #162
Morpheus

Oh man, will this ever end?
keep us posted BOYD

Old 2nd November 1999, 17:26     #163
Juju
get to da choppa

This is getting beyond stupid... what some people will do eh?

And re: Pulse braking... Ive done a proper skid course thingy (on grass , and well i knew i would stop before hitting the taxi, so i didnt bother. But whenever i do lock up, or heavy breaking (usually the latter I pulse brake...

Old 2nd November 1999, 17:33     #164
Bringoutyerdead

More news

I've spoken to my panelbeaters, and they say they've got final authorisation from NZI to go ahead with the repairs at their expense. He's gonna put it in writing for me in the morning. BTW- just for fun, I mentioned the name Graham Edwards to him and he laughed; apparently he's a bit of a wanker of course, I already knew that.

I just got a call back from Graham, and it was more of the same. NZI has changed it's mind. 2 weeks ago I got a letter saying they admit liability. I get a phonecall from NZI saying they've authorised repairs, my panelbeater says 'bring it in'.

So I take it in, it gets fixed.

Now, a week later, NZI is turning around and changing it's mind?!?! I'm sorry, they can't do that.

I told him it was ridiculous for them to say it was ok for me to take my car in, that they would pay the costs, and then to turn around and say they changed their minds.

You can't *admit* and then change your mind you either admit it, or you don't. They already have, and it's not something you can just go back on.

Graham told me that it didn't matter, because NZI was not going to pay the account. His exact wording was "whether it's right or not, we are not going to pay the account".

Riiiight.

The guy is full of shit. Up until now, I thought that NZI had handled itself reasonably well; considering the fact that their client has been a vindictive asshole.

Now, however, it seems they are just as full of shit as Mr. O'Neill himself. If Mike does make a claim to the Disputes Tribunal (yeah right, he's gotta be suicidal), then I'll take a great deal of pleasure in showing the Referee just how shady the two parties have been in settling this matter.

More to come, no doubt

Old 2nd November 1999, 17:36     #165
Bringoutyerdead

One more thing:

I asked Graham if he seriously expected me to pay for the repairs after all of this and he said "it might be one of the results, yes".

My reply was "I don't think so, Graham".

If you're thinking of joining NZI, think twice. This is the sort of person who is representing you.

Old 2nd November 1999, 17:55     #166
Reality
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

BOYD I just wanted you to know I am another reader of this board who has followed your story from the beginning and I fully support your stand. I hope and believe you will win.

Old 2nd November 1999, 17:56     #167
Heresy
yawn.

Ahh, finally something to fuel this ongoing saga, hooray for BOYD!

Old 2nd November 1999, 18:31     #168
LordP

Oh my, this is getting interesting. Reckon some other parties might be interested in hearing about this - Student Radio for example ...

Old 2nd November 1999, 18:36     #169
Bringoutyerdead

I've thought about that sorta thing, LP (writing to the Herald, Uni mags etc)- not sure how I can word it without making it too long

Still, doesn't mean I've ruled it out. I reckon people ought to know about these wankers. God knows how many poor souls have had to deal with Mike O'Neill/Graeme Day/Graham Edwards over the years.

Old 2nd November 1999, 19:09     #170
S1:Carnage

BOYD, you need to go to Fair Go man.... that'd rule, you could like, give NZI a real hard time and lots of bad publicity over this.

Old 2nd November 1999, 19:12     #171
S1:Carnage

hmmm, i wonder if we could take Telecom to Fair Go over this 0867 thingee, i was at the Apple Roadshow in wellington today, Apple Computer had all of it's associated companies there in little boothes showing their stuff, the Xtra booth was left very empty, almost noone went to it.... hehehehe.

Old 2nd November 1999, 20:46     #172
Noodles
Wireless Slacker

Wow, just when you think it's over, along comes some more, i'm reading this tread everyday with interest. I hope you nail this guy, screw over NZI and get your car fixed.

I do recommend state insurance though BOYD, if you do change, i had a accident just over 2 years ago, (my fault) and i'm still yet to pay the excess ($500) on my 3rd party, go state, you rule =)

Old 2nd November 1999, 21:59     #173
Heresy
yawn.

Yeh man State are cool, I mean you've all seen the ad where they pay out coz that guy got rear-ended by aliens right?

Old 2nd November 1999, 22:54     #174
EB

Sounds like this guy needs an attitude adjustment. If this still goes to district court (yeah right, there's so much dirt on him being a bastard and failing it'd be sheer madness to go that far, he's most likely bluffing) then I'll still be happy to come to a group meeting outside courthouse to show support

Old 2nd November 1999, 22:56     #175
Gozu-Tech0rz

Augh, still more st00pid ness going on. Good luck BOYD, youd have to have a strong personality to take this kind of shit
[email protected]
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~gozu

Old 3rd November 1999, 06:15     #176
Noodles
Wireless Slacker

Heresy, i asked them if they paid out if an alien crashs into my car, and they said they would. Unlike old NZI (Party at Kelly Brown's) do not pay out for damage caused by a party. And i can't remember NZI's other ad, but i don't think they pay out for that one either.

Old 3rd November 1999, 06:21     #177
Noodles
Wireless Slacker

That's what the other ad is...when the kea's attack the car, yea, they don't pay for that either, bastards

Old 3rd November 1999, 10:27     #178

Yeah NZI sucks for sure. From what I remembered a year ago, there was a case where NZI refused to pay for a burnt down house and accused the owner of setting the fire.

Yeah right, who would set fire to their own home

Old 3rd November 1999, 10:44     #179
Reality
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

From time to time people do set fire to their own homes, in order to try and get the insurance money. There was one very prominent case about 2 years ago where a NZ Policeman set fire to his own house, and for quite a while people did believe that it was a genuine accident, but then he got found out.
But it is more common to attempt a car insurance scam. And a lot easier I would imagine. Anyway, if you have a claim of any kind, don't be surprised if the insurance company tries to look after itself. If they always paid out on claims without checking if they are genuine, well of course people would be regularly writing off their possessions and claiming the insurance, especially in cases where they are unable to sell the car/house/etc.

Old 3rd November 1999, 15:01     #180
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

this is hard case allright . I cant belive a company can approve repairs then change there mind? . That ili skank of a chick and her old man should just pull there heads in.

Old 3rd November 1999, 15:29     #181
Bringoutyerdead

That's exactly what I'm saying, W

Anyway, I gave the old man the file I'd put together on the whole thing; and he's already pulled a meeting with the head of NZI for tomorrow so poor old Graham is gonna come in for a roasting I hope.

Once that's sorted, hopefully the only remaining matter will be the complaint to the Insurance and Savings Ombudsman.

Old 3rd November 1999, 20:53     #182
Boofhead

Is this to be another victory for BOYD in his epic struggle against the tides of Vampire Insurance Agents From The Demon-Pits Of Hades?

Old 3rd November 1999, 23:48     #183
Bringoutyerdead

It seems the enemy is slain, Boof

Got in touch with the ultra-big cheese absolute tip-top bloke in charge of NZI and explained to him exactly what's gone on.

I'm not supposed to repeat any of it, but suffice to say that he was embarrassed about the actions of a junior member of staff; and that the matter would be handled.

Poor old Graham is gonna have a rough morning tomorrow

Old 4th November 1999, 00:03     #184
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Don't be so sure, BOYD.
Junior NZI boy is set to have his arse reamed by Senior NZI man.... nothing to lose by making something else up..... In for a penny, etc.

So *be* careful... obviously you are, but it aint over 'til the fat chick sings....

Keep on truckin'

Old 4th November 1999, 08:24     #185
IceMan

Hey Boyd, whats the name of the Lawyer your dads using at Russell McVeagh????

Old 4th November 1999, 12:54     #186
Bringoutyerdead

No lawyers... I was just a bit over-psyched (read: worried the situation would get crazy) when I wrote that. I can ask him, it wouldn't matter though; they aren't gonna be involved.

Why? Your old man work for the firm? hehe They are his company lawyers, for Darroch Ltd. But from what I gather, they're on pretty friendly terms. So if he does, mention the name- maybe they know each other

Rince: You're right, but then again I'm not gonna worry. Everyone involved in this who's heard me make mention of the name Graham Edwards has laughed and told me what an infamous wanker he is. Hard to shake off that kinda reputation I'd think, fingers crossed eh?

I think I'm gonna sit down and have a nice cold one when this is all over

Old 4th November 1999, 23:05     #187
Erazhure

why wait?
Alcohol is good...
start now

Old 5th November 1999, 10:33     #188
Painty

Well done to you BOYD. I have been quietly following this and have been impressed with your maturity and perseverence.

BTW its not NZI who do the "Kelly Brown" and "Kea" ads, its AMI.Having been with both state and AMI, I wouldn't touch State with a barge poll. State may have the cheapest rates but they are the hardest to squeeze money out of. IN a recent Consumer poll AMI rated the best (they are more exzpensive but do pay out no questions - been there done that) and State rated worst . The most memorable comment was from a State customer who stated "I felt that no stone had been left unturned in tryig to avoid paying out my claim". I have a relative who works for State and that have a very high level of fraudulant claims (probably because the people who can only afford State are the sort to try and rip them off). Basically everyone who insures with State gets tarred with the same brush. I have foudn AMI to be more expensive but when I had a fender bender, they were only interested in getting my car fixed, whether or not it was my fault. If you can afford them, I would go AMI. (as rated by Consumer also)

Old 5th November 1999, 13:54     #189
OLL

State have payed out happily on both our claims in the last year...not_a_problem

Old 5th November 1999, 13:55     #190
Bringoutyerdead

I definitely recommend AMI to anyone reading this who is looking for cover. The work they've done helping me suss out this mess (and let's be fair, I am only on 3rd party cover- they don't *have* to do squat for me), is really quite incredible.

AMI baby

Old 5th November 1999, 16:48     #191
Bringoutyerdead

Rince: Just got a formal apology from Graham Edwards over the phone, looks like it worked

Well, once again it looks like this whole thing is coming to a close. If it flares up again you'll hear about it

And if I can publish any details about the complaint to the Ombudsman then I'll do so as well...

In the meantime, be aware kids not only are there idiots around; but some of them are quite agressive too!

Hey Raz, might take your advice heh, it's been a good afternoon after all

Old 5th November 1999, 17:14     #192
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

BOYD, you gave me a hell of a fright when you said you'd binned that letter of 18 October. Thank god you got a copy faxed over. Just remember the corporate creed... If It's Not In Writing It Never Happened. That also applies to this "formal" verbal apology... it ain't formal if it ain't on paper.

For further information, see also "No Backup - No Sympathy" © Stephen Judd, University of Waikato IT Helpdesk, 1995)

Old 5th November 1999, 19:09     #193
Bringoutyerdead

I know exactly what you're saying, Ab. I've been pretty diligent about the whole thing since it began, and I'm not actually entirely certain I *did* bin it; but I certainly can't find it. If I did (probably), it was because I felt like it was over, my car was fixed- I had it back. And that at the end of the day, is the goal of the whole exercise.

As for this apology, I shouldn't have called it a formal apology; I'm expecting something in writing tomorrow but he certainly changed his tone from yesterday

Old 6th November 1999, 16:12     #194
Gekko

Shot man!

I wonder what life at work for Graham's gonna be like?...hmmmm

Old 6th November 1999, 17:31     #195
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

From the first thread I have all BOYD's posts. I have cut out everyone's else comments, and also things like "Yeah, I agree, etc" from BOYD himself. So what is left, hopefully, is the whole story... and with BOYD's permission I'll publish it...

Old 7th November 1999, 02:46     #196
Bringoutyerdead

Rince: Not sure about that, depends on what you're thinking of publishing and where make sure you fill me in before doing anything, of course you already knew that being the obviously intelligent fellow that you are

To be perfectly honest with you, there are perhaps (only perhaps) one or two things I might have kept to myself.

At the end of the day, I think NZI has shown itself to be reuptable (one small exception with a junior staff member is hard to prevent, and really is an internal matter), and they certainly don't deserve any negative publicity- and I don't endorse any whatsoever. The matter was handled admirably, and everyone else there whom I've dealt with has been amicable at the very least.

Ansvar, on the other hand...

I trust you guys with what I've told you- mostly because there's nothing wrong with it (and also because you guys seem like a bunch of top blokes and gurlies ), but even so- it isn't a matter I'd necessarily want publicised, unless I get a chance to see it first and make a decision then.

I'd appreciate it if we could keep the matter right here in the forum. Once everything (and I mean *everything*) is settled, then I'll have a think about it.

You guys seem to think it's drama-worthy, I'm a little more skeptical than that

Old 7th November 1999, 04:12     #197
OLL

BOYD: Of course. But it would be interesting if you and Rince got together and bashed out "The Story", even if you just posted it here

Old 7th November 1999, 04:14     #198
OLL

Er, by "got together" I meant in the online sense...you ARE at opposite ends of the island after all

Old 7th November 1999, 09:26     #199
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Basically - its everything that has been posted here so that if you wanted to read a 'horror' story you can.... without worrying about the rest of us giving you words of encouragement.

It's amazing what you've been thru in the last 6 weeks when you read it all in one hit...

Either way - My contact details are available on my Profile Page... so feel free to drop me a note. (By doing this I've cut it down from 176kb to a mere 29kb )

Old 17th April 2000, 16:45     #200
Boyd-Work
Frank's Pickle Barrel Ass

Post 18/F Drivers: Part Deux

Not sure if any of you guys remember this, but on the 23rd of September of last year; a young lady reversed along a dual carriageway while I was turning behind her, causing extensive damage to my front driver's-side fender.

If you remember that much, you'll remember that there were some pretty dodgy dealings surrounding the whole affair.

I know there are at least a couple of you, because every now and then someone will ask "hey boyd, what happened with your car?". Well, I can't tell you just yet, but I will be able to this time tomorrow.

As far as I was aware, at the beginning of this year, the matter was settled. But around the 20th of February, I got a summons from the Small Claims Court telling me all about the claim that she (the young woman who'd hit my car) had filed against me.

Well, the hearing is tomorrow morning.

So ummm, wish me luck and all All things considered, there is no WAY I should ever lose this thing.

Will let you guys know what happens tomorrow at lunchtime *fingers crossed*