NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 9th October 2008, 13:22     #4001
Haydos

Harry Harlow loved to play with macaque.
Old 9th October 2008, 13:28     #4002
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asriel
Awesome Cheers
's all good

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 9th October 2008, 13:31     #4003
Lightspeed

I want pancakes.
Old 9th October 2008, 13:32     #4004
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
But if you can't afford the original... don't pretend. That's just lame in extremis.
AC Cobra replica kits (which are a BETTER car in pretty much every way over the original + shitloads cheaper) say you're wrong.

Old 9th October 2008, 13:33     #4005
crocos

muh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Undrawing
then when they hit 30 they get real deep! You have you ask "how deep are you, dear?"
Well surely that depends on how many excessively well hung partners they've had, surely?

Old 9th October 2008, 13:53     #4006
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
AC Cobra replica kits (which are a BETTER car in pretty much every way over the original + shitloads cheaper) say you're wrong.
Replicas of (very) limited cars are a bit different from 'common' cars, which have replicas of them.

The 1UZ powering that Lambo would probably smoke the real deal also. But its not the real deal. Replica Ferraris, Lambos are lame max.

Replica Lotus 7s, Shelby Cobras, etc - are awesome as hell.
Old 9th October 2008, 13:55     #4007
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodDonor
ebay has for sale the car from Ghostbusters

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=150301618614
Friggen awesome. If I won Powerball I'd pay whatever it took to get that car to NZ
Then I'd feel like I have to get a KITT replica as well, maybe a black GMC van with a red stripe...
Old 9th October 2008, 13:57     #4008
p01s0n

Would you also complete the set with the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile?
Old 9th October 2008, 14:03     #4009
Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydos
They just look ugly. If I was spending $120k on a car, I'd probably look for a second hand Audi R8 or finance the other 120k and buy it new.
The R8 is I believe (IIRC it's > 4sec 0-100, I cbf checking exact time) over a second slower 0-100 than the GT-R. I quite like the look of the GT-R as well. I love Audis and am plotting an RS4 at some stage, but paying that much of a premium for a car that's slower would grind my gears.

Looks are all about preference though. I hate the back rear side view of the R8, front view it's lovely though. The GT-R looks purposeful/mean front to back.
Old 9th October 2008, 14:10     #4010
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
maybe a black GMC van with a red stripe...
... and Hire Laurence Tureaud to drive around in it with ya?

Old 9th October 2008, 14:27     #4011
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
... and Hire Laurence Tureaud to drive around in it with ya?
I hadn't thought of that, but yes - what a thoroughly fucking awesome idea. I'm sure he needs the money, and $500,000 ought to be enough to keep him on retainer. He could be my bodyguard as well and would be required to say things like "I'm tireda yo jibba jabba!" and "Ah ain't gettin on no plane!" to anyone that comes within spitting distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
Would you also complete the set with the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile?
You're an Oscar Meyer Weinermobile
Old 9th October 2008, 14:46     #4012
Baal

WEINERMOBILLLLLLLLLE
http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=CNlGvSRpSck
Old 9th October 2008, 14:51     #4013
caffiend

Quote:
Yeah - they look really good, often have amazing build quality and as you say perform better etc etc... but if you had a kit parked next to a real original... and you knew which was which... you'd lust after the original, wouldn't you?

And I know that doesn't make sense... but it's not supposed to. It's why I still think the F40 is the best car on the planet even though it would now get creamed by top end Audis let alone everything else in the current Ferrari stable.

It's why I've never liked the Bugatti Veyron. Totally respect the engineering feat, and its statistics - they're amazing. But to me it has no soul... no indefinable, unquantifiable, unscientific quality that makes something truly appealing. When I see a Cobra on the road I go "Awesome! A cobra!"... but if I know its a replica it suddenly loses the gloss. If I found out it was an original I'd probably need to change my pants.
Old 9th October 2008, 15:01     #4014
p01s0n

People don't drive legit cobras on the street, you tool.
I don't blame them, they tend to crack the 3million price tag at auctions easy.
Old 9th October 2008, 15:04     #4015
Havs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydos
Well you do have a point there ...
Holy hell in a hand basket ... did I just get Haydos to admit he is full of it...

Medal please.
Old 9th October 2008, 15:05     #4016
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
People don't drive legit cobras on the street, you tool.
Whoa, calm down, car guy!
Old 9th October 2008, 15:10     #4017
p01s0n

Careful or Ill call you a tool also.

Its a double edged blade that one, getting called a tool AND being lumped in with caffiend.
Old 9th October 2008, 15:13     #4018
CCS
Stunt Pants

CALM DOWN BEFORE YOU GET CAUGHT MASTURBATING ONTO A COBRA REPLICA WITH A ROTARY IN IT!!!!!!1
Old 9th October 2008, 15:17     #4019
p01s0n

Nar, it'd have to be a twin turbo LS1 for me to get off on that one.

Lotus/Caterham 7 with a 13b turbs would prob get that treatment tho.
Old 9th October 2008, 15:28     #4020
caffiend

Why the hate, p01s0n? Of course people drive original Cobras on the road. Granted it would be extremely motherfucking rare, but the last time they held a Mille Miglia in Italy... on public roads... they had several original AC Cobras... as well as the priceless Mercedes Benz 300SLR driven by Stirling Moss. And they've had real AC Cobras running in the Gumball as well...
Old 9th October 2008, 15:46     #4021
p01s0n

It ain't hate, I just enjoy posting with a novelty of aggressiveness out of boredom/idle mind. You can choose whether to get all tied up over what some guy said on an internet message board, or not.
Old 9th October 2008, 15:54     #4022
Stalk3r

Quote:
Yeah - they look really good, often have amazing build quality and as you say perform better etc etc... but if you had a kit parked next to a real original... and you knew which was which... you'd lust after the original, wouldn't you?

While i see what you're getting at and to a point i agree i also have to disagree. A lot of the time with the kit cars so much more care is taken putting them together than people actually think the kit is the real one, and don't get me wrong im not talking about the "sellotape these fiberglass guards onto your mr2 and presto you have an F40" type kits but the proper built from the ground up style like the AC cobra kits and the Stingy kits some people spend a hell of a lot of time and effort building them and a lot of the time over engineer and tweak things to make them sit better, handle better and overall look like they've been built better

also a lot of the time people don't built/drive kit cars because of the money, sure they're cheaper etc but some people just like the hands on feeling and accomplishment of building something themselves with their own hands, having a car that looks like a kick ass car you like is just an added bonus

but in a way you're right, the other half of the people stick them together with a mig welder blu-tack and sellotape and try and pass them off as "yea check it i gots me some heritage"
Old 9th October 2008, 16:12     #4023
caffiend

Quote:
It ain't hate, I just enjoy posting with a novelty of aggressiveness out of boredom/idle mind. You can choose whether to get all tied up over what some guy said on an internet message board, or not.
Pistols at dawn motherfucker.
Old 9th October 2008, 16:15     #4024
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Penises at dawn motherfucker.
Duelling banjo strings!
Old 9th October 2008, 16:41     #4025
caffiend

I think you may have a slightly wrong interpretation of 'cock-fighting', CCS.
Old 9th October 2008, 16:43     #4026
CCS
Stunt Pants

Really? You weren't going to compare dick size?
Old 9th October 2008, 16:46     #4027
caffiend

Not real ones. Just e-peens. Which is fine, because you're not going to be there. If you were it wouldn't be much of a contest really.
Old 9th October 2008, 16:51     #4028
CCS
Stunt Pants

Because my cock is so immense? You're right, wouldn't be a fair fight.
Old 9th October 2008, 19:40     #4029
cyc
Objection!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4721372a11.html

I have no issues with suspension on full pay before he's found guilty but if the incompetent morons at the Police don't squeeze every last cent of that pay out of this prick, they can take a hike.
Old 9th October 2008, 20:10     #4030
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baal
The R8 is I believe (IIRC it's > 4sec 0-100, I cbf checking exact time) over a second slower 0-100 than the GT-R. I quite like the look of the GT-R as well. I love Audis and am plotting an RS4 at some stage, but paying that much of a premium for a car that's slower would grind my gears.

Looks are all about preference though. I hate the back rear side view of the R8, front view it's lovely though. The GT-R looks purposeful/mean front to back.

Wait wait, he's another one of those people that think that just because *they* don't think a car looks good that they must simply be an ugly car?

I've had a thing for GT-Rs for years, and I think the R35 more than lives up to the legacy. The fact that it's "cheap" just adds to the appeal. I saw one on a car yard a few months back and the look and lines are perfect for it. It's low and menacing and it performs like a much lighter car without looking as small and frail.

a flickr set
Old 9th October 2008, 20:43     #4031
crocos

<ooga-shakka, ooga-shakka, ooga-shakka, ooga-shakka>

When the night, has come
and the land is dark
And the computer
emits the only
light we see

I will surf
I will surf
though not link farms
just as long
as there is
more net to surf

So come on, Come on, surf
with mee-eee ohhhohhh oooh now surf
surf with me
Just as long
as there is
more 'net to surf

Old 9th October 2008, 20:43     #4032
xor

Just looked up once were warriors on imdb and this is what the plot says
Quote:
Originally Posted by some dumb american
A family descended from Maori warriors is bedeviled by a violent father and the societal problems of being treated as outcasts
Old 9th October 2008, 20:44     #4033
Helious

WHITE POWER!
Old 9th October 2008, 20:48     #4034
Jonas Undrawing

i loved some of the shit that came out of america when Once Were Warriors hit their cinemas. particularly, i recall the Phil Donahue talk show where audience members were getting on the mic and saying shit like "I was appalled! I thought they wore grass skirts and that sheep walked down main street."
Old 9th October 2008, 22:03     #4035
[WanG] Wandarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havs
Holy hell in a hand basket ... did I just get Haydos to admit he is full of it...

Medal please.
no, he was talking to someone else.
Old 9th October 2008, 22:10     #4036
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
<ooga-shakka, ooga-shakka, ooga-shakka, ooga-shakka>

When the night, has come
and the land is dark
And the computer
emits the only
light we see

I will surf
I will surf
though not link farms
just as long
as there is
more net to surf

So come on, Come on, surf
with mee-eee ohhhohhh oooh now surf
surf with me
Just as long
as there is
more 'net to surf
Is that some sort of Blue Swede/Ben E. King mashup? In text?
Old 9th October 2008, 22:43     #4037
zeekiorage

New terrorist weapon: A wireless mouse

Quote:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news...ectid=10536660

Qantas probe laptop link after 300 foot [sic] plunge

Passenger laptop computers are now being investigated as a possible cause of the Qantas mid-air emergency off Western Australia on Tuesday.

In July, a passenger clicking on a wireless mouse mid-flight was blamed for causing a Qantas jet to be thrown off course, according to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau's monthly report.

Safety investigators will now ask passengers if they were using any electronic equipment at the time of this latest incident.

"Certainly in our discussions with passengers that is exactly the sort of question we will be asking - 'Were you using a computer?'," The Courier Mail quoted an Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) spokesman as saying.

The ATSB said the pilots received messages about "some irregularity with the aircraft's elevator control system", before the plane climbed 300 feet and then nosedived.

Old 9th October 2008, 23:11     #4038
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Crap, that'll teach me to fire up my SHC (Small Hadron Collider) in-flight...
Old 9th October 2008, 23:22     #4039
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
Crap, that'll teach me to fire up my SHC (Small Hadron Collider) in-flight...
Hmm... In my day we just called it getting into the mile high club.

Oh wait: You said small...

Old 10th October 2008, 09:35     #4040
JP

Shit, I think I just found a new hobbie. Trolling retards on the gameplanet forums. It's like, you know when you're raging at Haydos, but you can't quite get the upperhand because he's so stubborn, but also smart enough to argue. Well the gp'ers are dumb as shit but just as stubborn. It's fucking great. Like boxing toddlers or something.