NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > ISP and Telco discussion
User Name
Password

Old 18th April 2019, 12:50     #1
StN
I have detailed files

Very angry Vodafone Clearnet Paradise...

Who remembers when the Government said we could replace (for a one off low fee) our tatty old folded cardboard drivers licenses with a new plasticised paper one that would last your lifetime without needed to be renewed? and then a few years later the whole system got replaced with a credit card sized instance that expires every ten years - and costs each time.

A lifetime was shortened to a few years.

Now it seems that indefinitely has been truncated to - hmmm - just under about 2 years?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12223399

Now I have to find all of my mail received recently that was sent to my paradise address and try to see if I can alter the account settings in some far flung system that I possibly signed up for last century to point to a new address because indefinite forwarding is about to be stopped.

Old 19th April 2019, 09:06     #2
The Edge

Looks like the new guy is running the broom over the entire organisation fairly rapidly.
Old 19th April 2019, 17:24     #3
MadMax
Stuff

Our Vodafone account manager is awesome however he's yet to return my query when I asked him to clarify their statement on their website simply stating they'll be 'closing' those email services. When you've got a large customer base you kinda need to know.

I grabbed this screenshot off their website in February:
Old 20th April 2019, 18:45     #4
The Edge

What you need to know

From 21 August 2019, we’re closing our email service. This means your email address will stop working and you won’t be able to send or receive emails with it.

Since we launched our email service almost 20 years ago, email functionality has come a long way. We know our email service is no longer delivering the sort of experience that Kiwis need, which is why we are closing this service.

We’re really sorry for the inconvenience, but we genuinely believe this is the right decision to ensure you stay connected now and in the future.

So if I understand this correctly, the e-mail addresses will be 100% closed, login will be deactivated and any e-mails sent to them will bounce.
Old 23rd April 2019, 14:27     #5
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

adieu abnzg@pnn
Old 23rd April 2019, 14:28     #6
Cyberbob

RIP cyberbob@pnn
Old 27th April 2019, 10:26     #7
StN
I have detailed files

<EOL> Stoolie@pnn
Old 28th April 2019, 17:09     #8
Macca@Work

Yeah well Jason Paris what can I say.He worked under Moutter(?SP) but didn't radically change things in any real or meaningful way.I am still gob smacked at some of the dumb things telco ceos do to their staff and customers.They obviously don't view mistakes of the past as any type of learning experience.

Old 28th April 2019, 19:41     #9
Farmer Joe
Word To Your Motherboard!

Shit, RIP tama@pnn & farmerjoe@pnn. I must've set those up in 1997, 22 years ago.
Old 29th April 2019, 19:00     #10
The Edge

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/112...former-staffer
Old 30th April 2019, 10:02     #11
Macca@Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
"Vodafone's current approach was to handle routine calls from the Philippines and to manage the "hard stuff" such as technical support in New Zealand, he said.

But its Philippines operation had been regarded internally as a bit of a "soft touch", he said.

"I came across one customer in Wellington who hadn't paid bills since 2015, because he just rang up and complained."