NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 15th February 2022, 19:49     #41
StN
I have detailed files

Ahh - the son just sent me this link. Media video aggregation from Stuff and Herald overlaid with a facebooklive comments and audio feed.

Love the bit where they linked to a page that instructs them to submit an opt-out option to NZTA so their details are not linked to a number plate. Yeah, that will stop speed cameras and ownership tracing by legitimate law enforcement - not just stop stalkers going to the post office and getting your home address.
Old 15th February 2022, 20:02     #42
StN
I have detailed files

Oh God - that was one of the more sane suggestions. Someone snapped a Flight Explorer type image showing (shock, horror) a plane approaching Wellington, and it was *really big* because martial law, and carrying tanks and stuff.

And the weather on the weekend? That was HAARP...
Old 15th February 2022, 20:13     #43
StN
I have detailed files

Cameron Slater!!!!!!!

Hunting out white supremacists since ages ago...
Old 18th February 2022, 14:11     #44
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff
Protesters occupying Parliament’s forecourt and surrounding streets have stepped up their level of control of the area, with little apparent pushback from police.

Security guards posted by the protesters on all the entrances to the Parliament forecourt and front lawn are now controlling access to and from the front of Parliament grounds, asking journalists and the police themselves to steer clear.

A new barricade has also been erected on the alleyway that links the back of Parliament, which the protesters do not control, and the front forecourt.

Cars have been added in the last 24 hours along Hill Street and Bowen Street.
WTF. Is it not seriously at the point that the army just starts towing the vehicles. Who gives a fuck if the vehicles are damaged.
They have had their fun and games, but expanding their footprint and hiring security guards.
Old 18th February 2022, 14:12     #45
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Look we only take those measures when it's darkies doing the protesting, most of these freedom-loving patriots are white.
Old 18th February 2022, 14:55     #46
blynk

Double Post
Old 19th February 2022, 16:01     #47
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Its beginning to stink in Wellington site... maybe its rotten hay? Not a human smell, more like farm/rubbish dump. I dont think the sun is helping things. I can't imagine people living amongst that for too long.
Old 21st February 2022, 10:41     #48
StN
I have detailed files

Still waiting for the grumpy Trev meme encaptioned "Get off my lawn!".
Old 21st February 2022, 15:56     #49
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Its beginning to stink in Wellington site... maybe its rotten hay? Not a human smell, more like farm/rubbish dump. I dont think the sun is helping things. I can't imagine people living amongst that for too long.
These are people who are throwing their own feces at the police, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't mind the smell.
Old 21st February 2022, 19:35     #50
_indigo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge
These are people who are throwing their own feces at the police, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't mind the smell.
Damn. I thought I had a solution when I came up with airdropping significant quantities of expiring fish, possibly anchovies, on them every day until they left.

As a bonus it's non-violent and counts as food donation.
Old 21st February 2022, 22:34     #51
The Edge

https://www.change.org/p/freedom-gro...t-the-majority
More people have signed this than what are at #clownvoy2022.
Old 22nd February 2022, 10:43     #52
MadMax
Stuff

This is what we need: https://half-life.fandom.com/wiki/Combine_Smart_Barrier
Old 22nd February 2022, 10:45     #53
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by _indigo1
Damn. I thought I had a solution when I came up with airdropping significant quantities of expiring fish, possibly anchovies, on them every day until they left.

As a bonus it's non-violent and counts as food donation.
I was thinking something similar: taking a bread bag of dog poo and quietly dropping a poop here n there as you walk around.
Old 22nd February 2022, 13:40     #54
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Your convoy soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grRK7nIKCkI
Old 22nd February 2022, 15:36     #55
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Nothing to see here, everything fine

https://twitter.com/shuffletea/statu...24590538706944

But it's ok everyone, committed altruist and avoider of the spotlight Winston Peters has arrived to sort it all out

https://twitter.com/winstonpeters/st...63341042647043
Old 22nd February 2022, 23:29     #56
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Police pepper spray their own, claim an "acid attack". Video footage reveals the truth.

The "poo flinging" is being denied by the protestors, and as far as I know, the Police don't know who did it - even though there are large numbers of Police ready to pounce. They would have to be in the vicinity of the person for him to throw it, and could be identified by having shit on his hands or wiped on his pants. No one was caught brown handed.

The guy in the car is a muppet, and apparently was not connected to the protest, just an unhappy guy in general. Police got him, because of course they did, it actually happened.

I think they underestimate how unreasonable and stubborn Jacinda will be, so they're insisting on staying put, although I don't know if it's a wise decision since the Police don't want to be shown to be as ineffective as the vaccine.
Old 23rd February 2022, 08:33     #57
blynk

So someone standing a potential a few rows back in a protest and throws shit at police. You expect the police to barge in there to grab the person.
I could see that going well.

Quote:
Police pepper spray their own, claim an "acid attack". Video footage reveals the truth.
Care to provide some links around an "Acid attack" and the video footage?
Old 23rd February 2022, 09:05     #58
The Edge

I'd be interested to see too, I've never heard of the Police pepper spraying themselves before. Sounds like more conspiracy bs to me.
Old 23rd February 2022, 11:28     #59
fixed_truth

Anti-protest propaganda!!!

The sooner these filthy muppets are gone the better. They made their point, time to go. Sometimes democracy doesn't give you want you want but you don't shit the bed until you get your own way.
Old 23rd February 2022, 12:25     #60
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

"Acid Attack" narrative (I admit I haven't listened to that particular interview or whatever, but something about potential acid attack - headlines are all we need to read :P)

Andrew Coster says he's not aware of pepper spray being used

Twitter video showing Officer using pepper spray, and another officer out of frame then walks in with stinging eyes from the direction it was sprayed, in a windy city

There is a deliberate effort to portray these people as dangerous, when they're actually just concerned people who don't follow the TV/Government narrative. That itself is not a crime, but we seem to be deeming anyone who does not agree with the Government to be a "dangerous Nazi" (not realizing the hypocrisy of that description), and you could make the case that thought-crime is here already.
Old 23rd February 2022, 14:59     #61
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

A little bit of eye gouging, to get some better work stories

I'm sure some of you will celebrate sending in the bullies to attack these protesters. They "deserve it", you will say. They should just go home. People have had enough. Maybe you think that, and maybe many others do. But many others DO support them, and have had enough of the nonsensical and illogical, unscientific mandates. They have a right to protest, and protests often cause disruption. That's the nature of the game.

I personally think it WOULD be better if they cleared up and left of their own accord while they still have the support of the public, now that their point has been made. If I was wanting to be a hero as LS has claimed, I'd be there with a tent. I'll admit I'm too much of a coward to add to my criminal record and get mistreated by Police again. I'm hoping to be able to leave the country at some point, and I'd like to be able to say my charges are historic to any country I wish to enter. I've actually got something left to lose. But others don't, and I do not get to dictate to others what they must do, and if they think they can change the PM's mind and get their jobs back by staying put, that's their opinion.

They've opened the discussion among the public, and some people are now feeling more free to voice their discomfort with the rules that they felt awkward for saying before. It has become awfully tribal, and no one's listening to anyone else, but it's a start and if anything, we can see that things are broken in their current form.

Does it really justify the use of violence - not the modern verbal violence where you use the wrong pronoun, but the traditional actual violence that physically harms you - just because the PM doesn't want to talk to them?

The man is double vaccinated [not boosted, so clearly an anti-vaxer that doesn't believe in science], and he's done what the Government told him, but he is still supporting other people's rights - to refuse medical treatment and to protest. More of a hero than me. So, naturally, we gouge his eyes. I say we, because most of us are not demanding it ends. We just watch, and pick a side, and pretend it's not affecting us personally.

What were the Police actually hoping to achieve by sending in the riot squad? There was no riot. But there became something like one when they showed up. If there were football hooligans fighting in the street, OK, deal with them, and stop the violence with a bit of violence. But a bunch of people protesting? That's not Policing, that's just heading down the slope you ridiculed me for pointing out much earlier.
Old 25th February 2022, 20:51     #62
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Thumbs up

Police vaccine mandate gone.

Bill of Rights respected.

Protesters gave the Police a round of applause when they heard the news.
Old 25th February 2022, 22:49     #63
blynk

Just like we know that the majority of the protesters are there as a peaceful process and the minority are causing the issue, the same is with the police.

The majority are fine but you will still have some that are not.
There was video from a few days earlier where you could see a scuffle at the police line and one of the cops looked like he was about to do something, but the policeman next to him sort of grabbed him and pulled him back into line.

I'm also sure that a lot of us here would not be able to handle the amount of abuse that some of these cops see.
Old 25th February 2022, 23:01     #64
blynk

Quote:
Police vaccine mandate gone.

Bill of Rights respected.

Protesters gave the Police a round of applause when they heard the news.
Very interesting outcome. A bit weird they said this is only for the Police & Armed Forces. I haven't looked to see if there was a reason for that. But it definitely sets precedent.
As per my comment above regarding the infection rates - after the first couple of weeks of covid actually been entrenched in NZ, I think we are at the stage in the pandemic that we don't need the mandates.
Masks, yes still for NZ. Distancing rules, yes.
But the vaccine has had a greater effect on the previous strains, and with 96% vaxxed then that should be enough.

I will keep using data though to see if it does remain the same and along with that, am happy to change my opinion on that.

I don't overall disagree with what the government has done up until this point, and I do still disagree with antivax, and a lot of their arguments, with them more being along the lines of
Anti Science
Anti Government
Conspiracy Theorists
or just clueless housewives that sit on the internet all day
Old 26th February 2022, 01:05     #65
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...cine-exemption

https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...2-4f9d3a98fa84

Religious reasons is spurious at best, but fuckwits gonna fuckwit.

The ruling is fairly narrow, the judge makes some specific notes about it and why it's particular to police and defense.

Last edited by sidbo : 26th February 2022 at 01:08.
Old 26th February 2022, 10:28     #66
The Edge

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/300...m-from-illness
Real switched-on lot there
Old 26th February 2022, 11:51     #67
blynk

Maybe we can build them a faraday cage and drop it over them.
It can protect them, and it would create an added bonus that they couldn't make these stupid tweets
Old 26th February 2022, 12:37     #68
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

A tin foil hat DOES stop transmissions (although "amplifies" 1.2GHz and 2.6GHz according to experiments, trust the science), and there have been zero severe adverse effects reported, so technically, it's safer and more effective than the current vaccine at achieving its intended purpose

That there is no targeted transmission to stop may be irrelevant: we were all isolating and wearing masks when our communities had zero cases, so were we paranoid nutcases for 18 months? (I say yes) Is taking preventative measures when there is no evidence of something to prevent a stupid position to take, or is it not? Be consistent.

[Of course, I'm just illustrating a point, I do not promote or encourage the use of tin foil hats, nor do I think those people with hats are smart people. I'm saying we all behaved somewhat irrationally recently. I don't expect genuine debate on the pros/cons of a tin foil hat, or even quarantine. It's just a light hearted comparison. Stop frowning, get your smile on. We're still alive.]
Old 26th February 2022, 13:04     #69
The Edge

Quote:
We're still alive
...which is (in part) because of the very lockdowns you're complaining about. Ditto the vaccines.
Old 26th February 2022, 14:23     #70
blynk

Quote:
[Of course, I'm just illustrating a point, I do not promote or encourage the use of tin foil hats, nor do I think those people with hats are smart people. I'm saying we all behaved somewhat irrationally recently. I don't expect genuine debate on the pros/cons of a tin foil hat, or even quarantine. It's just a light hearted comparison. Stop frowning, get your smile on. We're still alive.]
True, but that goes both ways. They want to protect themselves because they believe the government is putting equipment that will harm them.

But then they won't listen to scientist talking about protection.

If the majority of scientists came out and said that the amount of radiation caused be X, Y, Z is having a major impact on our brains and could cause a large number of people to die, and that tin foil hats are the way to go, then I will be wearing a tinfoil hat.
Old 26th February 2022, 16:15     #71
_indigo1

If the tinfoil hat is a parabolic shape over ones head, and the cell phone is located below it near the hip region; does this not mean that the hat would be acting as a concentrator or at least a reflector of upward bound cell signals into the head/brain?
Old 26th February 2022, 21:29     #72
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

So the Auckland march was pretty epic. My Mum's response when she saw it on the news: "Holy fuck!"
Old 27th February 2022, 00:48     #73
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Mandates Gone By March 1st - Freedom and Rights Coalition

I'm not sure how appreciative my small town supermarket will be if I rip down their COVID QR codes and start walking around unmasked telling them "it ends now". I'm not an anonymous shopper. I don't want to upset people and force them to stop them complying, that doesn't seem like a consistent position.
Old 27th February 2022, 08:03     #74
The Edge

No date has been set for mandates to be removed, that's the date Brian Tamaki wants; maybe it's his birthday and he wants a nice present? Anyway it would be stupid to remove them when we haven't even reached the peak anyway.

In actual news (not wannabe news consisting of press releases from some nobody dressed up as news), the PM has committed to removing them, and gives the impression it will be in 3-6 weeks, once the current stage of the pandemic has peaked.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...-auckland.html

Last edited by The Edge : 27th February 2022 at 08:07.
Old 27th February 2022, 08:11     #75
The Edge

Quote:
So the Auckland march was pretty epic.
They're not winning anyone over in doing that, by the way.
Old 27th February 2022, 09:03     #76
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge
No date has been set for mandates to be removed, that's the date Brian Tamaki wants; maybe it's his birthday and he wants a nice present? Anyway it would be stupid to remove them when we haven't even reached the peak anyway.

In actual news (not wannabe news consisting of press releases from some nobody dressed up as news), the PM has committed to removing them, and gives the impression it will be in 3-6 weeks, once the current stage of the pandemic has peaked.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...-auckland.html
And all the protesters will say how they forced the PM to change the rules, and how they won.
Old 27th February 2022, 09:25     #77
The Edge

Indeed, which couldn't be any further from the truth.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...o-protest.html
Old 27th February 2022, 12:26     #78
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
And all the protesters will say...
If only that's all they'd say - the boy just sent a screen grab of a tweet where they are claiming that the Russian invasion was a direct result of their efforts
Old 27th February 2022, 14:13     #79
blynk

https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-pos...lington-grates

If this is true (and one of the photos certainly looks like it is), that is disgusting.
Storm water goes into the harbour, waste water goes to a treatment plant.

These idiots are now fucking up the water around Wellington.
Old 27th February 2022, 18:19     #80
blynk

Correction, it appears they have connected to the waste water. An illegally connection, but at least its not going into the harbour