User Name
Password

Old 5th May 2022, 13:35     #2681
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Yeah I broadly agree with that.

There can be a grey area as there's a significant number of privately owned businesses (incl. contractors) that all their work comes from the public sector eg private health services that contract to ACC & MOH.

I would image that ANY work contracted to anything to do with the Govt would have To Triti principles in the contract.

Exactly. And that's fine. You dance with the one that brung you. If you're taking govt money, you abide by the govt's conditions for the money. This is entirely unproblematic unless you work for the sector that is supposed to hold the government to account. You won't criticise the government's policies if it's those policies that pay your mortgage. Would you trust a climate change report prepared by researchers on the payroll of an oil company?
Old 5th May 2022, 14:55     #2682
StN
I have detailed files

Claims that the Fourth Estate were in the pocket of the Govt was one of the rallying cries of the tin foil hat wearing Clown-voy nutters.

"Bugger off Stuff - you're a MSM shill!"

Supporting evidence might be co-incidental to their argument - unless conspiracies are real!
Old 13th May 2022, 20:51     #2683
fixed_truth

North Korea reports first Covid-19 death after 350,000 sickened with fever
Quote:
The rapid spread of the virus highlights the potential for a major crisis in a country that lacks medical resources, has refused international help with vaccinations and has kept its borders shut.
This gonna get messy
Old 16th May 2022, 15:35     #2684
MadMax
Stuff

Or, the world could offer help and so long as they accept the charity …

Stage 3 .. world peace.
Old 16th May 2022, 15:40     #2685
Lightspeed

Well, at least diabetes isn't likely to play a role in the death toll.
Old 21st May 2022, 16:22     #2686
Lightspeed

It looks like tomorrow NZ will hit 1000 deceased with COVID-19, if I'm reading the data right:

https://www.health.govt.nz/covid-19-...-current-cases
Old 25th May 2022, 14:12     #2687
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Government sets aside $473 for 4th vaccine dose

Out of interest, who intends to get a 4th dose/second booster? I don't care if you do or not, I'm just wondering if the mood has changed now that we've all seen the reality of COVID.

Are we still convinced that if you don't get it you're probably going to take up a hospital bed? Is it still a good idea to take the exact same vaccine that you swore was absolutely necessary before because science and look at these numbers? If it was fine before, do you have a problem with having another one just for the sport of it or do you think it might be a bad idea to inject yourself unnecessarily?
Old 25th May 2022, 14:23     #2688
The Edge

I'll probably get a 4th one.
Old 25th May 2022, 14:30     #2689
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Are we still convinced that if you don't get it you're probably going to take up a hospital bed?
Why you gotta misrepresent people's concerns like that?
Old 25th May 2022, 14:39     #2690
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Why you gotta misrepresent people's concerns like that?
That's literally the spin that the likes of the US were broadcasting. IT IS THE SEASON OF DEATH or some such trash.

Quote:
Out of interest, who intends to get a 4th dose/second booster? I don't care if you do or not, I'm just wondering if the mood has changed now that we've all seen the reality of COVID.
It's annoying but i'll get the fourth shot. If they try to mandate it like the other shots then they can go punch sand.

Our family caught the rona' a few weeks ago. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as when i previously caught the flu but it still knocked me down for a day.
Old 25th May 2022, 22:05     #2691
MadMax
Stuff

Don't see my self going out of my way to do so.
Old 26th May 2022, 09:32     #2692
blynk

Quote:
now that we've all seen the reality of COVID.

exact same vaccine that you swore was absolutely necessary before because science and look at these numbers?
Shit DrT. Can you please go read up about virus and how they mutate over time.
It is very different now, compared to year ago, compared to a year before that.
The reality of COVID has changed from being less infectious and more deadly, to more infectious and less deadly.
Old 26th May 2022, 10:54     #2693
sidbo
Raptus regaliter

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7121e1.htm

I'm leaning into getting another booster personally.
Old 26th May 2022, 11:58     #2694
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Bring it on I say.
Old 26th May 2022, 12:17     #2695
Lightspeed

Free medicine to avoid or mitigate a horrible sickness? Hmmm, I wonder what my choice will be?
Old 16th June 2022, 15:44     #2696
Lightspeed

Covid isn’t over, it’s just getting started

Quote:
There is no reason, experts say, why Covid-19 wouldn't continue to kill five to 10 New Zealanders a day for years to come. And that's outside of the context of major seasonal surges, which remain on the cards.
Old 19th June 2022, 21:20     #2697
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

IX Global Baku Forum - Panel 4: Global Health Governance

This is an official forum - Tedros from the WHO is part of it.

At around 42 minutes Jeffrey Sachs (USA) begins to speak... at 46 minutes he talks about the origin of the coronavirus. How originally we were told it was a natural occurrence - but after 2 years, he concludes that in his opinion it was very likely the result of US biotechnology research and could have been released from a lab. "Furin cleavage site" etc. I believe Nich posted about this when it was still conspiracy.

He also concludes the talk (at the end of the video) by emphasizing this point, and the other speakers appear to agree.

It's actually quite an interesting discussion that I listened to while pottering around, but probably not worth watching if you're expecting entertainment.
Old 20th June 2022, 12:25     #2698
_indigo1

What is this guys credentials such that his opinion is worth more than joe blow on this subject?
Old 20th June 2022, 15:38     #2699
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

He is/was part of the UN/WHO. Not a guest on Alex Jones' show. The information he presents is not shocking to anyone who has been paying attention for the last 2 years. What's shocking is that he's saying it out loud, and acknowledging that COVID was likely man-made and urging the world to take dangerous bioresearch done in secret seriously.
Old 20th June 2022, 15:54     #2700
Lightspeed

Nothing new or shocking here. It was being said before the pandemic when Trump gutted existing oversights that they were needed.

Saying what the source of the pandemic likely was is still saying that we don't know the source of the pandemic.
Old 20th June 2022, 16:39     #2701
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

No one was saying what the source of the pandemic was before the pandemic.
Old 20th June 2022, 17:38     #2702
Lightspeed

And they're only guessing afterwards.

Concerns about the nature of viral research have been around for more than the last couple of years.

I recall in early 2020 there being complaints about funding being cut to a critical pandemic response team by the Trump administration, but I more vaguely recall there being earlier cuts, specifically to US oversight in China. Pre-2020.
Old 20th June 2022, 17:43     #2703
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
No one was saying what the source of the pandemic was before the pandemic.
Dunno about that, man, even in this thread we were talking about the Wuhan contagion before it left China.
Old 20th June 2022, 18:56     #2704
Cyberbob

We were absolutely talking about the coronavirus from Wuhan before WHO declared a global health emergency at the end of Jan.

First mention of a pandemic was Feb 6th.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 20th June 2022 at 18:57.
Old 20th June 2022, 21:12     #2705
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

OK the specific date of the WHO declaring a worldwide pandemic came later than us knowing there was a mystery virus in China. "You got me". But what I intended, even if I was not clear in my wording, was before the virus was known to exist, no one was talking about where it originated from, because obviously you can't talk about something that no one knows exists. Except of course the simulation that was done prior to war-game the coronavirus scenario, but we're still not quite ready to accept the implication of what that might mean just yet.

The story we were told, and had to believe, was "it came from the wet markets, from a bat, omg the Chinese eat bats" etc. Anyone who mentioned the lab-leak theory was of course a conspiracy theorist and spreading misinformation. They even went around testing animals in China, but found nothing that would indicate it was natural. So now the lab leak theory does seem to be the most likely origin and officials are ready to accept that. I think that's substantial. Maybe you don't. OK, cool.
Old 20th June 2022, 23:58     #2706
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

In this thread , 19 Feb 2020:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Lol there wouldn’t happen to be an advanced virology lab with links to bioweapons research in Wuhan would there? I mean I hate internet gossip but that would be a helluva coincidence
Old 21st June 2022, 03:26     #2707
LFC

Still not got covid, is it even real bro?
Old 21st June 2022, 12:59     #2708
_indigo1

Quote:
OK the specific date of the WHO declaring ... ... substantial. Maybe you don't. OK, cool.
Woah there buddy. Give that , key a rest.
Old 8th July 2022, 14:21     #2709
Lightspeed

Not liking this look of this:

Old 8th July 2022, 14:40     #2710
StN
I have detailed files

Not one to AKL bash...

*waits for laughter to subside*

...but I can't help thinking that the extended lockdowns in AKL may have contributed to mask apathy - they went for so long at home without them, that now using them outside is an inconvenience. Other parts of NZ that have been at Orange longer seem to have been more accepting?

I dunno. I don't scan anymore, but have BT on in case someone actually reports that they have it and I was within ping range. Wear a mask everywhere except the pub and movies. Still socially distance in queues. Has worked so far. So far.

4th shot scheduled for next weekend.

Might get to go on a plane in a couple of weeks. That'll be interesting.
Old 8th July 2022, 14:45     #2711
Lightspeed

It could be the variant or the season, Australia is seeing similar increases in transmission.
Old 8th July 2022, 15:04     #2712
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Shit's exploding here.
Old 9th July 2022, 00:18     #2713
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Lucky everyone got vaccinated. Now the pandemic is over.

Everyone who didn't is at fault. Remember?
Old 9th July 2022, 00:35     #2714
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
4th shot scheduled for next weekend.
I'm installing Norton Antivirus 2018 3 times to make sure I'm protected from the latest threats. Once obviously wouldn't work, but 3 times is a charm.
Old 9th July 2022, 07:20     #2715
Trigga*happY

Quote:
I'm installing Norton Antivirus 2018 3 times to make sure I'm protected from the latest threats. Once obviously wouldn't work, but 3 times is a charm.
Biggest face palm ever Question... Do you install Norton Antivirus and then NEVER update your virus definitions??
Old 9th July 2022, 08:57     #2716
blynk

Lol, what are your saying. He doesn't update it, because he doesn't install it in the first place.
It's all a con by silicon valley to make us all sheep.
Old 9th July 2022, 09:09     #2717
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Not liking this look of this:

Yeah, winter is not going to help (Same as every year for flu). Stuck inside more.
But we are about to go on school holidays for 2 weeks, which should help reduce a big cause of infections. However we also have a shit load of people going overseas, so will probably bring a lot back home in time for Term 3
Old 11th July 2022, 22:07     #2718
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Lol, what are your saying. He doesn't update it, because he doesn't install it in the first place.
It's all a con by silicon valley to make us all sheep.
Linux. I was a dick to StN, I'm sorry. I got drunk to go out with workmates to save my job, and I'm cynical about life.
Old 11th July 2022, 22:11     #2719
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...P=share_btn_tw
Old 12th July 2022, 06:01     #2720
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Linux. I was a dick to StN, I'm sorry. I got drunk to go out with workmates to save my job, and I'm cynical about life.
Dr T - if we had to apologise for all the posts made whilst pissed, this forum database would take forever to backup!