User Name
Password

Old 24th May 2022, 21:28     #1362
Lightspeed

Laugh

Old 25th May 2022, 11:13     #1363
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Christopher Rufo seems to be almost autistically focused on his issue -- sexualisation of children by the gender ideology movement -- and feminists should not assume that he supports them.
Old 25th May 2022, 11:16     #1364
Lightspeed

facepalm

Rufo was a guest on Tucker Carlson's show! Surely that's all the information Dansky needed to know shit was going to get toxic.

You don't align with fascists just cause today it looks like they're supporting your pet cause.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 25th May 2022 at 11:18.
Old 25th May 2022, 12:38     #1365
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I learned the other day about John Money, David Reimer and his twin brother

TLDR: The "father of gender identity" (John Money) did an experiment with twin boys, when one's penis was damaged during a failed circumcision. Money convinced the parents to raise one as a girl, the other as a boy, and Money forced the twins to do "sex acts" with each other, and he would also take pictures. The boy twin overdosed on antidepressants, and David/Brenda (the "girl" boy twin) committed suicide after learning of what happened, reverting back to male and having a failed marriage, personal problems and the death of his brother. It is this bizarre experiment which forms the basis of "gender identity".

In summary, this gender identity theory is the work of what we would today call "a pedophile", or perhaps something a little more palatable like "minor attracted person". Of course, I could be wrong about his motives, and he was just taking photos of kids humping each other and examining each others genitals for science.

But I can see how Tucker Carlson is the bad guy in all of this.
Old 25th May 2022, 12:41     #1366
Lightspeed

Question

So you learnt one thing and now you think you're knowledgeable?
Old 25th May 2022, 13:07     #1367
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Wait until the critical theory movement finds out that Michel Foucault was a rapist paedophile.

Just kidding of course, they will pretend that it doesn't matter and that it has no bearing on his writings about (checks notes) power relationships
Old 26th May 2022, 09:48     #1368
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Norwegian woman faces 3 years in jail for tweet questioning whether males can be lesbians

https://reduxx.info/norwegian-femini...e-over-tweets/
Old 26th May 2022, 11:34     #1369
StN
I have detailed files

^^ Have ye watched Gervais' latest yet?

Last edited by StN : 26th May 2022 at 11:35.
Old 26th May 2022, 11:59     #1370
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky
“Oh, women!,” Gervais began. “Not all women, I mean the old-fashioned ones. The old-fashioned women, the ones with wombs. Those fucking dinosaurs. I love the new women. They’re great, aren’t they? The new ones we’ve been seeing lately. The ones with beards and cocks. They’re as good as gold, I love them. And now the old-fashioned ones say, ‘Oh, they want to use our toilets.’ ‘Why shouldn’t they use your toilets?’ ‘For ladies!’ ‘They are ladies — look at their pronouns! What about this person isn’t a lady?’ ‘Well, his penis.’ ‘Her penis, you fucking bigot!’ ‘What if he rapes me?’ ‘What if she rapes you, you fucking TERF whore?’”
Old 26th May 2022, 14:22     #1371
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Watched the first half last night, so good!
Old 27th May 2022, 14:10     #1372
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

This may come as a surprise, but Vox media is offended by the new Gervais special

https://www.vox.com/culture/2022/5/2...pernature-terf
Old 28th May 2022, 00:09     #1373
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Ricky Gervais' special is not political correctness. It doesn't need to be argued. Some lesbian might be offended, but so what.
Old 28th May 2022, 10:35     #1374
fixed_truth

I haven't watched it yet but if the trans community finds it dangerous then I think it's worth the public discourse.

Not having a problem with the content is one thing but someone demanding that it not need argued because they don't find it offensive is just ignorance steming from privilege.
Old 28th May 2022, 13:00     #1375
xor

I watched the first 20mim of Ricky Gervais. The trans jokes have all been done before and kind of meh. Not sure what was 'dangerous' about it though.
Old 28th May 2022, 14:22     #1376
fixed_truth

The argument is that high profile anti-trans messaging legitimizes transphobic attitudes which leads to transphobic behaviour.

An analogy is Donald Trump's racism while in office resulting in an increase in racism towards minorities.
Old 28th May 2022, 14:56     #1377
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I presume there has also now been an increase of timetravellers wanting to kill baby Hitler...?
Old 28th May 2022, 15:09     #1378
Lightspeed

o_O

Are you doing a bit?
Old 28th May 2022, 15:25     #1379
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

In the new special Gervais talks about the trope of timetravellers killing baby Hitler.
Old 28th May 2022, 15:27     #1380
Lightspeed

And referring to that isn't a bit? You're offering genuine insight?
Old 28th May 2022, 17:10     #1381
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I find it offensive that Gervais used the phrase "fucking TERF whore"
Old 28th May 2022, 17:42     #1382
fixed_truth

Yeah? From that do you think that you'll be discriminated against and your identity invalidated?
Old 28th May 2022, 17:44     #1383
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Outrage sells. It's clickbait in today's hyper-sensitive world. Outrage gets attention, and eyeballs, and the controversy is free promotion. The interactions and eyeballs get turned into dollars. Gervais knows this. He's purposely going out of his way to be controversial. Why do you think he made it? As xor points out, his material isn't even particularly clever. It's easy money for Gervais, and lots of easy advertising money generated by the outrage and discussion around the controversy. I'm sure Netflix knows this too, and the likely hundreds of articles written about the special only promotes it, while earning them advertising dollars.

No one is listening to the discourse. No one is changing their mind as a result of discussions. It's just a way for people to make money. People need to remember that the almighty dollar runs the world, not morals or inclusivity. We now use the word "woke" to describe hyper-sensitive people. It's not used in a positive sense. Being easily offended is not a good thing. If I was an employer I wouldn't want to hire "woke" people because I'd expect to be dealing with HR issues all the time, and not on producing things to make money. "Everything woke turns to shit".

I've had great times hanging out with gay and transgender people, but I've never wanted to spend time with a woke person. If anything, I'm a woke-phobe because their personalities and sense of humour (or lack of) are unbearable.

Last edited by DrTiTus : 28th May 2022 at 17:45.
Old 28th May 2022, 18:33     #1384
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTitus
Outrage sells. It's clickbait in today's hyper-sensitive world. Outrage gets attention, and eyeballs, and the controversy is free promotion. The interactions and eyeballs get turned into dollars. Gervais knows this.
No shit Gervais is doing it for the money. At the expense of a vulnerable group. Punching down.
Quote:
No one is listening to the discourse. No one is changing their mind as a result of discussions. It's just a way for people to make money.
Discourse is how people's views change. That's how society becomes more progressive on on issues like this. It's not like lqbtqia rights & status becomes more acceptable over time without it being something talked about.

Quote:
We now use the word "woke" to describe hyper-sensitive people. It's not used in a positive sense. Being easily offended is not a good thing. If I was an employer I wouldn't want to hire "woke" people because I'd expect to be dealing with HR issues all the time, and not on producing things to make money. "Everything woke turns to shit".
Who's we? Middle aged right wing culture warriors on the road to boomer status? The usual hypocritical free speech advocates but also self appointed arbitrators of what people can and can't speak out against?!

That you think an employer would think it's constructive to quiz people on their socio political status based on some meme stereotype of woke is just bizarre.
Old 28th May 2022, 18:59     #1385
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Gervais is doing it for the money. At the expense of a vulnerable group. Punching down.
You should have seen the bit where he beat up a disabled toddler
Old 28th May 2022, 19:54     #1386
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
No shit Gervais is doing it for the money. At the expense of a vulnerable group. Punching down.
Wait til you hear what Jimmy Carr has to say about Africans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcBRePwOPPI
Old 29th May 2022, 08:50     #1387
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
You should have seen the bit where he beat up a disabled toddler
Perfect.

Both him and Jimmy Carr have the same approach. They're making a joke about the bad thing. They're not actually doing the bad thing. Making a Holocaust joke isn't as bad as the Holocaust.
Old 29th May 2022, 11:32     #1388
Lightspeed

o_O

Are all holocaust jokes equal? There's no way I could push my agenda to deny the holocaust by telling jokes?

Can I get away with calling Maori lazy bludgers if I do it in joke form?
Old 29th May 2022, 15:01     #1389
xor

Dunno, try going to an open mic night and find out.
Old 29th May 2022, 23:48     #1390
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

TW: transphobia, erasure, punching down

If a lesbian only desires same-sex dates that’s not bigotry, it’s her right

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...box=1653811530
Old 30th May 2022, 10:35     #1391
Lightspeed

Rolling eyes

Personal choices? Don't people understand our sports industry depends on choices being made for us?! Ooh, the humanity!
Old 30th May 2022, 11:33     #1392
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Last week, a QC on the Bar Council’s ethics committee defended the concept of overcoming the “cotton ceiling” – the offensive idea that a lesbian’s lack of desire for trans women is rooted in bigotry rather than their same-sex attraction – and compared it to initiatives to promote racial integration in post-apartheid South Africa.
The Stonewall charity was literally running "persuasion courses" giving transgender males tips on how to coerce lesbians into having sex with them. In what world is that not fucked up?
Old 30th May 2022, 11:39     #1393
Lightspeed

Creepers creepin' is about the creepers. Except where we have an agenda then it's about our agenda, amirite?
Old 30th May 2022, 12:03     #1394
Cyberbob

The old joke of "I think I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body" is more relatable than ever.
Old 30th May 2022, 12:07     #1395
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
the chief executive of LGBT charity Stonewall recently said in relation to a BBC story about lesbians feeling pressured into dropping their boundaries: “Sexuality is personal… but if, when dating, you are writing off entire groups like people of colour or trans people, it’s worth considering how societal prejudices may have shaped your attraction.”
You're not same-sex attracted, you're a BIGOT.
Old 30th May 2022, 12:14     #1396
Lightspeed

At MediaWorks if you're not willing to put up with a bit of rape you're just not cut out for the industry.

*shrug*
Old 30th May 2022, 16:30     #1397
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Sounds like they didn't want to sit on Santa's knee after all
Old 31st May 2022, 07:01     #1398
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
I watched the first 20mim of Ricky Gervais. The trans jokes have all been done before and kind of meh. Not sure what was 'dangerous' about it though.
I got through about 5mins and turned it off. mehhhhh, indeed.
Old 31st May 2022, 09:54     #1399
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Now this is an interesting thread:

https://twitter.com/epkaufm/status/1531264150231470080
Old 31st May 2022, 21:25     #1400
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:

The BBC changed the testimony of a rape victim after a debate over the pronouns of her transgender attacker, The Times has learnt.

The woman referred to her alleged rapist as “him” but insiders said that her words were changed to avoid “misgendering” the abuser in an article on the corporation’s website.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...laim-3cqj73tq5
This is fine