NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 20th July 2010, 16:21     #241
Bandalador

After listening to the wiggles for way too long you get pretty well fucking sick of the Aussie accent. Not sure how anyone who isn't born to it has the tolerance to put up with it.
Old 20th July 2010, 16:23     #242
Torka

fush and chups tastes better than feesh and cheeps
Old 20th July 2010, 16:27     #243
doppelgänger of someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
He may be five now but I've been watching in amazement as females melt over this kid for at least two and a half years already. [...] "Look, this isn't healthy, Marshall needs to be disciplined, we're not paying money to have someone gaze dreamily into his eyes while letting him do whatever he wants, we need him TO HAVE A TEACHER."
Give him a buzz cut, that will make him an ugly duckling. When he is ready, let him keep his hair and become a swan again. Problem solved.

PS I notice Lightspeed's title is now FLASHING, nice...
Old 20th July 2010, 16:40     #244
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
Give him a buzz cut, that will make him an ugly duckling. When he is ready, let him keep his hair and become a swan again. Problem solved.
Unless you're suggesting his face be buzz-cut I don't see that working.
Old 20th July 2010, 16:41     #245
Bandalador

Nah, a good skin head will make the softest face harder.
Old 20th July 2010, 16:43     #246
chiQ
Frag-muff

But no less gorgeous.
Old 20th July 2010, 19:11     #247
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I bow before the master
And it goes a little something like this...

Old 21st July 2010, 01:39     #248
eff tee

Haha awesome!
Old 21st July 2010, 01:46     #249
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

It's an epic mashup of awesome and suicidal.
Old 21st July 2010, 08:14     #250
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
It's an epic mashup of awesome and suicidal.
It is fortunate for me that my wife's teenage history involved the latter stages of the popular 70's/80's punk movement.

However, this was a friday haircut and he spent the weekend at my folks place. Their opinion of this haircut was not high. Not high at all.
Old 21st July 2010, 09:41     #251
chiQ
Frag-muff

Awesome
Old 21st July 2010, 12:09     #252
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
However, this was a friday haircut and he spent the weekend at my folks place. Their opinion of this haircut was not high. Not high at all.
A job well done then. Great pic.
Old 21st July 2010, 13:47     #253
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

So the boy is at school today. Fuck me.
Old 21st July 2010, 13:51     #254
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Hope he's loving it
... also hope Princess & you are doing ok. That first week of school is always surreal.
Old 21st July 2010, 16:04     #255
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I was reading back over the past day of comments and chatting to Princess (as we twiddle our thumbs waiting for the end of the school day) and I realised that I've not expressed something that I really should have. When I said
Quote:
There's been an unbroken line of female daycare workers, kindy helpers, and preschool teachers who have fallen in love with him, it went from funny to facepalm fast
...I failed to point out that it has been fucking awesome. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Having to put your kid in daycare so you can work to pay the bills is a fucking shitty thing to have to do, and even after the daycare years finish it's still hard to place him in the care of other people at kindy and preschool. The whole experience has been slightly less shitty for us because we were leaving Marshall in the care of a succession of women each of whom we knew was absolutely in love with him. I'd much rather leave Marshall in the care of a woman who kept a photo of him on her desk than someone to whom he was just Child X on the year's headcount spreadsheet. Sometimes the only thing that got Princess and I through our working days was the knowledge that he was with someone who thought he was tits.

On an intellectual level it's been fascinating to watch the boy's cuckoo-like ability to get people he's not related to want to look after him. That's one hell of an evolutionary survival trait. But on a personal subjective level, especially being over here with no family support structure around, it's been fucking great. We couldn't have survived without the assistance of people who've fallen in love with the boy.
Old 21st July 2010, 16:28     #256
Fx.

hopefully male teachers dont put quite as much love in to the girl when shes older

doubt you'd like that quite as much haha
Old 21st July 2010, 16:45     #257
CCS
Stunt Pants

o_O

Still kinda creepy when they want to come to the boy's birthday party.
Old 21st July 2010, 16:53     #258
drac0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx.
hopefully male teachers dont put quite as much love in to the girl when shes older

Male Teachers actually still exist? especially at that age of kids, i'd be surprised.
Old 21st July 2010, 17:10     #259
Fx.

wondered that after i posted heh
Old 21st July 2010, 17:17     #260
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac0s
Male Teachers actually still exist? especially at that age of kids, i'd be surprised.
There aren't many but there are some o_O
Old 21st July 2010, 17:39     #261
chiQ
Frag-muff

Poor bastards.
Old 21st July 2010, 18:08     #262
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx.

Yeah. I think I'd feel quite a bit different about that sort of relationship.

When Marshall was at daycare around 3 years old one of his classmates was this beautiful little girl, very friendly and chatty. Over the course of about a year she became one of Marshall's best daycare friends and she grew used to seeing me come in to do drop-off or pick-up, and she would run up to me and babble on about what all the kids had been doing that day (while Marshall was off being fussed over by the female staff somewhere).

One day I turned up to get the boy and this little girl's father was there doing pick-up himself. I walked in the door of the daycare centre and the little girl launched herself at me, gave me a hug, and started babbling on about her day and what she and Marshall had done. I looked up and her father, a guy I'd never met or even seen before, had this look on his face of "STEP AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER RIGHT FUCKING NOW I AM NOT KIDDING RIGHT FUCKING NOW".

I imagine I'd react the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Still kinda creepy when they want to come to the boy's birthday party.
Nah, it's been choice.
Old 21st July 2010, 18:11     #263
CCS
Stunt Pants

Have you invited any of them to his birthday party?
Old 21st July 2010, 23:33     #264
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac0s
Our boy is in creche and the head of the place is a man (his grandaughter attends there too) and looks after the over 2s. One of the 3 that look after the under 2s is a guy too and they're both great value and valuable I reckon in providing a different role model.

I realise we're lucky in this regard.
Old 21st July 2010, 23:36     #265
chiQ
Frag-muff

Hell yeah
Old 30th August 2010, 12:50     #266
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Oh god. I have a daughter.
Happy birthday little girl I might have to delete this site forever by the time you are able to find and read this.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:25     #267
chiQ
Frag-muff

Holy crap, that went by quickly!

HB, Princess Ab 1.0.
Old 5th July 2011, 14:21     #268
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

When I was a boy I got to play with a stick! or my penis if I was lucky!
Old 5th July 2011, 14:29     #269
CCS
Stunt Pants

Kids with cellphones
Old 5th July 2011, 14:32     #270
cEvin
Love In Vein

Angrybirds
Old 5th July 2011, 14:40     #271
StN
I have detailed files

Lefties ( )
Old 5th July 2011, 14:45     #272
doppelgänger of someone

With that flowing long hair, that boy can be mistaken for a GIRL.
Old 17th August 2011, 00:18     #273
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Somehow this little guy

Is now this still-little-but-not-so-little guy.

How did that happen?
Old 17th August 2011, 00:47     #274
CCS
Stunt Pants

Cheesy grin

Gonna play Super15 for the Aussies, eh?
Old 17th August 2011, 00:50     #275
chiQ
Frag-muff

OMG! Where's the little hellion in the pink hairband?
Old 17th August 2011, 00:52     #276
CCS
Stunt Pants

Ab beat the queer out of that hellion and told him to be a man, play rugby.
Old 17th August 2011, 00:59     #277
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

You may notice that he's wearing gold and navy socks instead of the rugby team's black and red. That's because he had a soccer game for his school straight after rugby and he was wearing his soccer socks.

But he's wearing a Waikato NPC jersey under his club jersey, as the red and black was about 3 sizes too big. So that kinda makes up for the soccer socks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Gonna play Super15 for the Aussies, eh?
Long as he's playing
Old 17th August 2011, 01:25     #278
CCS
Stunt Pants

TRAITOR!

Ah well, sounds like he's gonna be playing for the 1st Eleven rather than the Super 15 anyhow.
Old 17th August 2011, 02:28     #279
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

It's jarring going from kiddie rugby to kiddie soccer. It may be a reflection of Adelaide's demographics, but fuck me, the rugby is a bunch of good cunts cheering on all the littlies while the soccer often suffers from Soccer Parent Syndrome. The moment I see some swarthy guy in a shiny nylon tracksuit I mentally facepalm and hope the kids can handle the screaming.
Old 16th April 2012, 15:32     #280
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
Give him a buzz cut, that will make him an ugly duckling.

I am so living vicariously through this kid in ten years