Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 9th February 2012, 09:23     #1081
chubby

muh waiting for the cyc whine.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10784346

Quote:
An Electoral Commission ruling due out today has found the Radio Live show hosted by John Key last September was an election programme and therefore a prohibited broadcast.
Old 9th February 2012, 11:23     #1082
cyc
Objection!

Well, there have been two bodies that have released inconsistent decisions. You keep pretending that the decision that went your way is somehow objectively more right. However, being a lawyer I'll be the first to say that Key and National are bound by the Electoral Commission decision unless they successfully overturn it, so all the usual actions consequent upon such a finding by the EC ought to be given their course.
Old 9th February 2012, 18:28     #1083
chubby

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
You keep pretending that the decision that went your way is somehow objectively more right
you really like to belive in some sort of whining chorus of lefties dont you.this is the first reference ive made to this.
Old 16th February 2012, 14:40     #1084
plaz0r

Laugh

Old 16th February 2012, 20:51     #1085
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I've said this before: every time, without fail, just when National is starting to look really shaky on something and the media are starting to hold them to account, one of the usual Labour Muppets will have a fucking brain spasm in an extremely public way and wipe criticism of the Govt off the front pages.
Old 16th February 2012, 21:16     #1086
CCS
Stunt Pants

Are you referring to Mallard or someone else?
Old 16th February 2012, 21:19     #1087
fixed_truth

Not sure if Mallard is really that dumb or just doesn't give a shit. Maybe both.
Old 16th February 2012, 21:39     #1088
chubby

facepalm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I've said this before: every time, without fail, just when National is starting to look really shaky on something and the media are starting to hold them to account, one of the usual Labour Muppets will have a fucking brain spasm in an extremely public way and wipe criticism of the Govt off the front pages.
qfmt.
Old 17th February 2012, 09:52     #1089
plaz0r

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDzxEyGakks

I lol'd
Old 17th February 2012, 16:22     #1090
chubby

Selling assets will cost us more than keeping them - the idiocy of National

Quote:
The ideological ferver of National's free market faith has wedded them to asset sales with a sense of hubris that is creating a yawning credibility gap. It took Labour 9 years to reach this level of arrogance, National have done it in 4.
http://tumeke.blogspot.co.nz/
Old 17th February 2012, 16:24     #1091
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

TREVOR MALLARD SEEMS OK WITH SELLING ASSETS FOR A PROFIT, AMIRITE, LOL
Old 20th February 2012, 09:30     #1092
xor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVEaHcyMesQ

"I fucked up the last word" Genuine lol.
Old 20th February 2012, 10:10     #1093
pxpx

Quote:
The ideological ferver of National's free market faith has wedded them to asset sales with a sense of hubris that is creating a yawning credibility gap.
Bomber trying to sound smart again?
Old 20th February 2012, 10:13     #1094
A Corpse
talkative lurker

That cunt still around? God I was already tired of his egomaniacal ranting when I was at Uni.
Old 20th February 2012, 10:32     #1095
CCS
Stunt Pants

I thought Rudd was supposed to be this rad Mandarin speaker. Turns out he sucks.
Old 20th February 2012, 14:11     #1096
xpandnz

Iwi Claims Crafar Farms
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:10     #1097
chubby

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...m-granted-bail

Quote:
Prosecution acting for the United States Government had said that because Dotcom was "very wealthy" it was probable he had more bank accounts.
do i need to point out the funny?
Old 23rd February 2012, 20:33     #1098
chubby

http://www.kiwipolitico.com/

Quote:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum. Not only has National adopted an incoherent foreign policy in which it attempts to straddle the fence between China and the US by tying its trade fortunes to the former and its security fortunes to the latter (something that it thinks is hedging but which is untenable given the looming strategic conflict between the two great powers). It has now decided that it can dispense with 305 MFAT employees, including diplomatic staff assigned abroad (as it closes embassies and consulates). This, at a time when global interdependence is increasing and the range of international relations is getting more rather than less complex.
Old 24th February 2012, 21:38     #1099
chubby

nice to see that paul buchanan still gets paid work.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL120...th-pacific.htm

Quote:
To this can be added the expansion of diplomatic and military ties between the PRC and PIC nations, to the point that the PRC has the largest diplomatic presence in the region (its embassy in Suva is the largest in the PIC) and has established military-to-military ties with countries such as Fiji (in part to take advantage of the strained ties between the Bainimarama regime and its Antipodean critics). Chinese navy surface vessels now make regular port calls throughout the South Pacific, and its submarines are reported to make 6-10 deployments per year deep into Southern waters, often tailing a growing Chinese fishing fleet that has on-shore processing facilities throughout the region and which is suspected of providing cover for Chinese signals intelligence monitoring.
Old 25th February 2012, 13:47     #1100
chubby

and to finish my week with a chuckle...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10787890

Quote:
Developed by Simon Cowell, the series is famous for discovering unlikely star Susan Boyle in the British series. It will screen on TV One.

Government agency New Zealand On Air said its support was a smart use of the public purse.
Old 25th February 2012, 13:53     #1101
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
The Crown, acting on behalf of the US Government...
Old 25th February 2012, 14:52     #1102
Lightspeed

What have they done for us lately? I think we should demand half and part ways.
Old 26th February 2012, 09:42     #1103
chubby

Thumbs up

'sir' doug graham=GUILTY AS CHARGED. derp.

lombard, funny name..
Lots Of Money But A Real Dick.
Old 26th February 2012, 15:51     #1104
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The Right Honourable Sir Douglas Graham. I reckon there will be calls for more than one word to removed from that.
Old 27th February 2012, 09:27     #1105
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby
and to finish my week with a chuckle...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10787890
god, the html/formatting at the end listed the possible panelists is worse than the content of the article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
What have they done for us lately? .
the aqueduct?
Old 29th February 2012, 15:48     #1106
[BT]MikeMan

Posted at Kiwiblog, this covers my sentiments exactly and I would love to see some or all of these items entered into legislation.

Quote:
“The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living”

This was written by a 21 yr old female who gets it. It’s her future she’s worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare that she’s being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.
Nov 18, 2011

Put me in charge . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I’d get rid of cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho’s, just money for 50kg bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicare. The first thing I’d do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we’ll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks?
You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your “home” will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a “government” job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”

Before you write that I’ve violated someone’s rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before you say that this would be “demeaning” and ruin their “self esteem,” consider that it wasn’t that long ago that taking someone else’s money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people’s mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov’t subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov’t welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.
Old 29th February 2012, 16:39     #1107
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BT]MikeMan
I would love to see some or all of these items entered into legislation.
Unfortunately for you even today's National Party aren't conservative enough to introduce policy like that.

Oh, and the next Labour Government with a strong Green influence sure won't be entertaining such silly (imo) legislation either.

Old 29th February 2012, 18:11     #1108
Torka

That's a really nasty hateful screed written by an idiot and if you support it you're probably a cunt.
Old 29th February 2012, 18:32     #1109
chubby

Twitch

^^ absotively.
didya read paulas "it was different when i recieved it" bullshit in the herald today?nauseating.
and smile and wave cutting housing?
his mother would be ashamed.
Old 29th February 2012, 19:36     #1110
chubby

Tasty

Quote:
Hilariously Paula Bennett was 15 mins late for her NZ Herald Live Chat today, hastily arranged in an attempt to counter the claim of hypocrisy. If she was unemployed and late for an interview, she'd have her benefit cancelled! The irony is simply too delicious, lap it up folks.
Old 29th February 2012, 20:09     #1111
chubby

Holy crap from kiwiblog.

Quote:
I think these changes are well overdue. I note almost no other party is attacking the changes per se, but arguing against the timing saying there are not jobs for people to go into.
First of all in the last 12 months, 35,000 new jobs were created, so the job market is not static.
But more importantly having those on welfare move into work, actually creates jobs in itself. Moving into work increases the household income, and this leads to higher levels of spending which boosts GDP and jobs.
ab...you actually take this retard seriously?
he obviously does this for a living,and this is the way he manipulates(or misrepresents) stats?
Old 29th February 2012, 20:11     #1112
A Corpse
talkative lurker

It was different when she received it. She was a hardworking, well-intentioned person simply caught in unexpected circumstances.

But these days, purely coincidentally while she's an MP, all beneficiaries are exploitative, lazy scumbags.
Old 29th February 2012, 20:18     #1113
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

That would seem entirely reasonable to anyone who net pays tax. I'd possibly modify a little:
1. Some extra freedom for say 3 months if the person has been a net tax payer for the preceding sixty months, and;
2. Allowing one vote for each cadastral parcel owned. No land = no vote. People who own more land get more votes, and;
3. Compulsory residential rehab for anyone who continues to vote green or further left.
Old 29th February 2012, 21:17     #1114
chubby

muh

^^quintessential.

thank fuck for the last 400 years.
Old 29th February 2012, 21:33     #1115
Jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
2. Allowing one vote for each cadastral parcel owned. No land = no vote. People who own more land get more votes, and;
LOL, Mexico!
Old 29th February 2012, 21:37     #1116
chubby

Quote:
So, it’s all very well for Key and Bennett to say ‘there’s 10,000 jobs on Trademe’. I should bloody well hope there are because we need that level of churn just to stay in one place. But, if we are really to see a reduction in the number of people jobless and on benefits, up 60,000 and 80,000 respectively since National came to power, then we’ll need a lot more than 10,000 jobs advertised at a given point in time.
Old 29th February 2012, 21:41     #1117
chubby

Laugh

Quote:
That would seem entirely reasonable to anyone who net pays tax. I'd possibly modify a little:
1. Some extra freedom for say 3 months if the person has been a net tax payer for the preceding sixty months, and;
3. Compulsory residential rehab for anyone who continues to vote green or further left.
so, would you ever consider it reasonable for those with no vote to say-'fuck you,i wont do what you tell me'? (even though i think its kiddie music)

serious question.
Old 29th February 2012, 22:33     #1118
crocos

Quote:
Why? You're seeking policies that favour the rich at the expense of everyone that isn't rich if you do that. Owning land already gives you extra votes that non-land-owners do not have - the vote in your local body elections.

Quote:
Tempting, but I don't see it happening.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 1st March 2012, 00:03     #1119
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Owning land already gives you extra votes that non-land-owners do not have - the vote in your local body elections.
What does local body elections have to do owning land?
Old 1st March 2012, 06:52     #1120
Jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
What does local body elections have to do owning land?
Only rate payers can vote?