NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11th April 2009, 20:40     #521
Dusty

Bainimaranimarama - doo do dee do do. Bainimaranimarama - doo do dee do.
Bainimaranimarama - doo do dee do do, dee do do, dee do do, dee do do, dee do do do doo doo.
Old 12th April 2009, 10:58     #522
Dusty

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2330...-new-criticism

Wow - both bun examples looks...well...the same.
Old 12th April 2009, 13:38     #523
Dusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2330...-new-criticism

Wow - both bun examples looks...well...the same.
Bah - they changed it.
Old 12th April 2009, 15:15     #524
sausage

I second what you saw, id definatly looked like the same pic

And who ever follows the recepie to the letter anyway, it's only a guide for you to specialize them the way you want them to taste
Old 12th April 2009, 17:00     #525
combatspoon

CNN proof-reading fail:

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/af...rew/index.html

Quote:
As the men described the clash, a crew member pointed to his shipmate and said, "This guy is a hero, he and the chief engineer they took down the pirate... he led him down there to the engine room and then they jumped him."

The fellow shipmate then added that he stabbed the pirate in the man and tied him up.
Yeah! Stab him in the man!

If you read further up in the article, it's clear he did in fact stab the pirate in the hand. Being stabbed in the man sounds more painful, though.
Old 13th April 2009, 23:23     #526
Dusty

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...pe-arrest-made

"A 34 year-old man has been arrested following the daylight rape of a 13-year-old girl in Auckland yesterday.

A 34-year-old man has been arrested for the daylight rape of a 13-year-old Auckland girl in a bush reserve yesterday morning."

So - let me get this straight...it was a 34-year old man?...
Old 13th April 2009, 23:31     #527
Trigger
Laserman

really grasping at 13-year old rape-straws there
Old 15th April 2009, 15:14     #528
CCS
Stunt Pants

What the hell is this bullshit? (link to shitty MS Paint screen cap)

Is the NZ Herald online selling the rights for branding their front page to whichever fuckwit wants to spam it with whichever make-my-eyes-bleed colour matches their advertising?

Fucken a-holes. If this shit continues I might stop reading that website for good. YOU HEAR ME? Ultimatum time, bitches!

please somebody write a greasemonkey script to kill that shit :(
Old 15th April 2009, 15:29     #529
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I suggest you turn ABP back on.
Old 15th April 2009, 15:38     #530
CCS
Stunt Pants

Nah, that doesn't do jack shit. As far as I can tell, it's not browser specific or anything like that. They've written the page to make those fucken bars red.

With APB on
Old 15th April 2009, 17:21     #531
gentle

Sad

here it comes... goodbye free news, it was nice knowing you.
Old 15th April 2009, 17:46     #532
caffiend

Meh - it's just like paying for newspapers. No biggie.

And in any case, there'll always be some enterprising individual(s) that will start-up new free news websites, get huge traffic and make money through advertising.
Old 15th April 2009, 20:02     #533
Lightspeed

I really hope they do, all news is charged for resulting in new independent news sources for all the many people who don't want to pay for news.
Old 15th April 2009, 21:13     #534
zeekiorage

I just make do with reading Google News. Most of the time I just read the two lines they have with the headlines, there is hardly any more information in the article these days.
Old 16th April 2009, 00:33     #535
CCS
Stunt Pants

Bug Me Not will save us all.
Old 16th April 2009, 12:07     #536
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS CloseVeitch escapes jail, gets commmunity service... details soon
ZOMG what?! Did he bust out of prison and then get sentenced to community service for doing so?!

Nah, I'm just annoyed by the Herald's typical ZOMG EXCITEMENT! breaking news announcement with no actual details. Good one, guys.

"We now cross live to Trisha Takanawa who is at the scene. What's happening, Trish?"
"Nothing eh. Back to you in the studio."
*farts*
Old 16th April 2009, 12:40     #537
gentle

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffiend
Meh - it's just like paying for newspapers. No biggie.

And in any case, there'll always be some enterprising individual(s) that will start-up new free news websites, get huge traffic and make money through advertising.
I suppose they could - if an advertising supported model worked. But it doesn't because once 1 enterprising individual starts a free news source, 50 others hook up the band wagon and attempt to do the same resulting in diminishing returns.

There is the BBC though, and I suspect it will be a bugbear for those publishers that do want to restart the subscription model.
Old 16th April 2009, 14:56     #538
gentle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
ZOMG what?! Did he bust out of prison and then get sentenced to community service for doing so?!

Nah, I'm just annoyed by the Herald's typical ZOMG EXCITEMENT! breaking news announcement with no actual details. Good one, guys.

"We now cross live to Trisha Takanawa who is at the scene. What's happening, Trish?"
"Nothing eh. Back to you in the studio."
*farts*
Yeah, it's almost like you have to READ the article to understand what the full story is!

END OF DAYS.
Old 16th April 2009, 15:10     #539
CCS
Stunt Pants

Well... yeah?
Old 16th April 2009, 15:39     #540
Markh

"He said his assault on Kristin Dunne-Powell had been out of character and that he had misguidedly believed they parted on good terms."

Lol - he broke her back, but thought she was OK with it now.
Old 16th April 2009, 15:41     #541
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
"He said his assault on Kristin Dunne-Powell had been out of character and that he had misguidedly believed they parted on good terms."

Lol - he broke her back, but thought she was OK with it now.
Didn't he pay her out though?

I said it before and i'll say it again, i'd take a hiding for cash.
Old 16th April 2009, 21:12     #542
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint

A hiding? Or a hiding leading to a broken back?
Old 16th April 2009, 21:22     #543
Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint

She got money but she also had medical bills and a shit load of time off work. Surely that just covered that. She has a high paying job and to take time off from that would have been costly. Damn right he should have paid, she didn't break her own back.

How much money would you want for a broken back?
Old 16th April 2009, 21:32     #544
CCS
Stunt Pants

Hai u guyz, mind if I direct you to the appropriate thread?

This thread is for whining about how shitty newspapers keep being shitty. Cheers guys!!
Old 17th April 2009, 10:30     #545
gentle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
She got money but she also had medical bills and a shit load of time off work. Surely that just covered that. She has a high paying job and to take time off from that would have been costly. Damn right he should have paid, she didn't break her own back.

How much money would you want for a broken back?
ACC does pay 80% iirc, the amount was hush money only. It was a totally selfish measure on his behalf to keep his highly paid job - she did what any person with an ounce of self respect does when some loser tries to bribe another without any collateral.
Old 17th April 2009, 10:36     #546
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle
ACC does pay 80% iirc, the amount was hush money only. It was a totally selfish measure on his behalf to keep his highly paid job - she did what any person with an ounce of self respect does when some loser tries to bribe another without any collateral.
No, if she had an ounce of self-respect she'd have rejected the money and had him charged.
Old 17th April 2009, 10:41     #547
gentle

I suppose you could call it a stupid tax. She still took him to court, so if I were in the same situation and a drongo tried to bribe me I'd take the money and turn around still pole axe them with court proceedings.
Old 17th April 2009, 10:41     #548
Dusty

Hey hey hey - as CCS already said - wrong thread guys.
Old 17th April 2009, 11:01     #549
Reformed_Quint

I POST WHERE I WANT TO!
Old 17th April 2009, 11:06     #550
gentle

OK don't have a ninny about it.

I'd like to add an on topic response from the press council regarding accuracy for those proof-reading trainspotters / losers:

"It is unfortunate when an error makes it into a news publication. It does happen that people are inconvenienced and sometimes this is of significant import. However, it is neither possible nor reasonable to expect that every fact of every story is checked prior to publication. There would be no news reporting if verification of every single fact had to occur. Some information must be taken on face value." [my emphasis]
Old 17th April 2009, 12:11     #551
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
However, it is neither possible nor reasonable to expect that every fact of every story is checked prior to publication.
This actually GMG - because if any organisation other than the media put out information without checking it's accuracy they would be hauled over hot coals.

In fact (pun intended) it's not a "fact" unless it has been confirmed as such through a reputable source.

Pixie
Old 17th April 2009, 12:16     #552
StN
I have detailed files

I think Egon Spengler got it right 25 years ago - the press just don't know it yet.
Old 17th April 2009, 12:31     #553
Cyberbob

don't cross the streams?
Old 17th April 2009, 12:38     #554
StN
I have detailed files

Something like that.
Old 17th April 2009, 12:52     #555
Cyberbob

Ah, figured it was either that or your facination with spores, molds, and fungus.
Old 17th April 2009, 13:20     #556
BaM
Freeloader

This is pretty crazy:

http://www.businessinsider.com/2009/...-a-free-kindle
Old 17th April 2009, 13:23     #557
gentle

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Something like that.
I sense a large degree of triteness behind that link.

<checks>

Yup, it's a blog post. Vhat a suprize!
Old 17th April 2009, 13:29     #558
StN
I have detailed files

Meh - I just Googled the quote, and was surprised to find several articles using it in reference to the demise of printed media in the digital age.
Old 17th April 2009, 13:42     #559
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
I sense a large degree of triteness behind that link.

<checks>

Yup, it's a blog post. Vhat a suprize!
Here's a template so you can spot them in the future.

Quote:
$ATTENTION-GRABBING HEADLINE

$pop-culture reference

$wussy half-hearted distancing of self from point in headline

$attempt at sounding relevant and request for comment

$social media linkwhoring
e.g.

Quote:
FOBSKI LOVES THE COCK

(Just like Bronson Pinchot's character in Beverly Hills Cop!)

I've known fob for a while, and while I'm pretty sure he has a certain fondness for the cock, I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say he loves the cock. But he might. I guess.

What you you think? Issues of cock-loving are only going to increase in importance in these troubled times. Does anyone out there have anything they want to share about fobski? Or cocks?

LEAVE A REPLY

DIGG THIS
TECHNORATI
BOOKMARK THIS ON DELICIO.US
SUBSCRIBE TO MY RSS FEED
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
SEE ME ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
HTH.
Old 17th April 2009, 13:46     #560
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Quote: