Password

Old 11th September 2013, 11:01     #38121
CCS
Stunt Pants

Team Oracle bitches out. lol.
Old 11th September 2013, 11:14     #38122
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Be careful everyone, or the Nigerians will get you.
Old 11th September 2013, 13:03     #38123
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

nigeria please
Old 12th September 2013, 13:58     #38124
?>Superman

http://store.steampowered.com/sharing/

For those who don't read the gaming forum xD
Old 12th September 2013, 19:15     #38125
MadMax
Stuff

^

ah nope - it's still shit: swapping to a different windows user profile logs you into the last logged in steam account.

Last edited by MadMax : 12th September 2013 at 19:19.
Old 13th September 2013, 01:32     #38126
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Duke Duke Duke, Duke of
Duke Duke Duke, Duke of
Old 13th September 2013, 20:12     #38127
MadMax
Stuff

Lawl, windows update epic fails

TGF wsus
Old 14th September 2013, 19:18     #38128
p01s0n

A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist

”Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!”

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

”How old is this rock, pinhead?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

”Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears. The same tears liberals cry for the “poor” (who today live in such luxury that most own refrigerators) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving job creators. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, DeShawn Washington, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a sophist liberal professor. He wished so much that he had a gun to shoot himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Small Government” flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Semper Fi.
Old 14th September 2013, 19:41     #38129
MadMax
Stuff

anyone still smoking tobacco?
Old 15th September 2013, 09:47     #38130
StN
I have detailed files

Near capsize my arse - that was our boat pulling a browneye.
Old 15th September 2013, 10:11     #38131
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Near capsize my arse - that was our boat pulling a browneye.
lol'd
Old 16th September 2013, 09:28     #38132
aR Que

Local elections. Saw a billboard. Dude looked familiar. Several drive bys later, confirm. Yes, it is that guy you went to school with that got commited of credit card fraud / theft from an employer.

Can't get a job? Run for council.
Old 16th September 2013, 10:48     #38133
pxpx

Thanks TNZ, I now have a heart condition.
Old 16th September 2013, 10:50     #38134
ZoSo

What a race. If you only watch one AC race, watch AC10. Leg 3 was close as fuck. The virtual eye app was good watching.
Old 16th September 2013, 11:04     #38135
StN
I have detailed files

Premature tweet FTL.
Old 17th September 2013, 09:21     #38136
pxpx

For some reason I need to get exec approval to replace a vacating staff member.. I can understand exec approving an increase in headcount but needing it to just to replace?

There's no official sinking-lid policy that I'm aware of.. HR teams really baffle me sometimes.
Old 17th September 2013, 16:12     #38137
chubby

o_O university in lagos

Quote:
In mathematics which is another core area of science, I used what is called the principle of commutativity and idepotency. Commutativity in mathematics is simply the arrangement of numbers or arrangement of letters in which the way you arrange them don’t matter. For example, if you say A + B in mathematics you are going to have B + A. For example, if I say two plus three it will give five. If I start from three, I say three plus two it also give you five showing that two plus three and three plus two are commutative because they gave the same results. That shows that A + B will give you B + A, you see that there is a change. In A + B, A started the journey while in B + A, B started the journey. If we use A as a man and use B as a woman we are going to have B + A that is woman and man showing that there is a reaction. A + B reacted, they interchanged and gave us B + A showing that commutativity obeys that a man should not marry a man and a woman should not marry a woman. If you use idempotency, it’s a reaction in mathematics where A + A = A. Actually in abstract algebra, A + A =2A but we are less concerned with the numerical value two. We are more less concerned with the symbols A, you find out that A + A will give you A showing that the whole thing goes unchanged. It didn’t change unlike commutativity A + B give B + A there is a change. A started the journey in commutativity and A + B gave us B + A and B started the journey after the equality sign. But in the case of idempotency A + A will give you A showing that it goes unreacted. You started with A and you meet A ,the final result is A. Showing that a man meeting a man A + A will produce a man there is no reaction, it goes unreacted and in chemical engineering you have to send the material back to the reactor for the action to be carried out again showing that it goes unreacted. That is how mathematics has shown that gay marriage is wrong because commutativity proves that gay marriage is wrong. Idempotency also proves that gay marriage is wrong. So these are the principles I have used to prove gay marriage wrong in physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics and by the grace of God I am the only one that has proved this in the whole world.
http://io9.com/nigerian-grad-student...rri-1326215449
Old 17th September 2013, 17:05     #38138
StN
I have detailed files

When mailmerge goes bad...

"Jarvis, access the Oracle cloud and compile an email address list of all NZ Olympians..."

Elbows in LOL.
Old 17th September 2013, 18:04     #38139
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

That's not mailmerge going bad, that's the NZOC being incompetent.
Old 17th September 2013, 18:53     #38140
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
For some reason I need to get exec approval to replace a vacating staff member.
That seems reasonable to me; if you've a sound case for needing to replace the person then I imagine this will be easy if not then you'll be asked to tighten your belt.

HR don't set policy - they just execute it. Your exec want this to happen and so it does.
Old 17th September 2013, 19:50     #38141
aR Que

shaking hands.

just grab my hand, it is that easy.
Old 17th September 2013, 20:33     #38142
CCS
Stunt Pants

o_O

I hope you're not one of those people that grab the other person by the fingers.
Old 17th September 2013, 20:54     #38143
aR Que

if you get your fingers grabbed, you are at fault.
Old 17th September 2013, 21:20     #38144
CCS
Stunt Pants

I'd wager both parties have a certain amount of responsibility. You should be aiming for webbing between thumb and forefinger to meet up with the same on the other hand. Some people (possibly quint?) are hasty shakers and just grab the closest thing to them and shake it. Usually it's the fingers; heaven forbid any other appendage is closer.
Old 17th September 2013, 21:28     #38145
MadMax
Stuff

shake hands enough and slipups will happen. if you're quick, grab the other person's wrist until you shake properly.
Old 17th September 2013, 22:03     #38146
aR Que

I'll grab a wrist if someone comes in too flat.

Love it when you get a solid pop.
Old 18th September 2013, 19:00     #38147
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Pat them on the shoulder while you're at it; that will make most people submissive.
Old 18th September 2013, 19:39     #38148
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Old 18th September 2013, 19:55     #38149
GM

Debbie Lundy, has issues.
Old 18th September 2013, 21:45     #38150
MadMax
Stuff

gotta be fake. i mean where's the bible one line quote (with compulsory book/chapter reference) or the reflection section?
Old 19th September 2013, 03:30     #38151
creamcheese

Jesus, that movie's gonna be EPIC
Old 19th September 2013, 07:08     #38152
Trigga*happY

Ios7

Domain error looking for update ... Apple just DoS'd themselves
Old 19th September 2013, 13:42     #38153
mpx

If there's one thing I've learnt from my job over the years is that if you ever want free counselling, support, programmes, psychologist and psychiatrist assessments and other such supervision that you can't afford, just commit a crime. Shit gets handed to you on a silver fucking platter.

I understand that there's a need for it for rehabilitative purposes and it's absolutely better than locking everyone up and giving no support which would make an even bigger revolving door at prisons. However, every time I hear it (averaging a dozen times a day) it puts a nice, "fuck you" knife into the heart of people who are actively trying to better themselves to stay in the community and out of the justice system that can't afford that shit - until they reach breaking point and either get admitted under an Act or are put on intensive supervision as a result of release conditions.
Old 19th September 2013, 16:17     #38154
Lightspeed

Yeah, it's completely fucking awful. To make things worse, we end up wasting resources on those who aren't likely to respond to the support they're getting instead of offering it to those who are eager to make the most of anything offered to them.
Old 19th September 2013, 17:08     #38155
mpx

I will say that there have been cases where people have completely turned their lives around due to the rehabilitative procedures of intensive supervision after sentence, and there's also some that come back after a massive period of being clean and straight - usually due to stressors in their life that make them go down the wrong path again.

All people deserve help, even the ones who won't respond to it (because realistically we won't know until we try) but it does gut me that there are people who could've been prevented going so far down that rabbit hole due to not being able to get support they needed until it was too late.

I also acknowledge that there *is* free help out there, but at most it's underqualified and overworked counsellors, and the qualified and certified psychologists have year long waiting lists for three to six sesssions, sometimes only subsidised, not free. It's no fault of the actual people in those professions, and I don't really have an opinion on how to change it for the better, it just kinda sucks how it is right now for the people who are looking for help before they get to that breaking point.

In other news, I was late for work today because I spent too long looking at a pretty bird saying to myself, "you go little bird, you get that white fluffy shit and make yourself a badass nest".
Old 19th September 2013, 17:19     #38156
Lightspeed

I agree with all your points. My issue is with essentially criminal psychopaths being pushed into treatments they don't want, which a) takes up resource that could be used by those wanting help and b) disrupts any group work these psychos are made to participate in.

Just because it's easier and cheaper to put angry violent men together than it is to differentiate those with severe personality disorder and those with severe emotional disorder.
Old 19th September 2013, 21:08     #38157
aR Que

I can just never figure out which one i am.
Old 19th September 2013, 22:23     #38158
Lightspeed

That's a psychotic disorder. Or maybe a some kind of dissociative, self/identity issues? You seem to be coping very well.
Old 19th September 2013, 22:42     #38159
mpx

The most hilariously weird cases always come from Whangarei.
Old 20th September 2013, 07:33     #38160
StN
I have detailed files

RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi.