Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 5th February 2012, 12:26     #1
Savage

Key leaves Waitangi due to protesters

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6368...-to-protesters

How is the govt supposed to talk with these clowns when all they want to do is rant and rave and puff their chests out and "give someone the bash"? According to the article, three men tried to charge at Key early in the morning, and on a second attempt to approach the Marae, it took both police and Maori wardens to (unsuccessfully) try and hold back crowds of protesters, forcing the PM to leave.

IIRC the meeting was supposed to happen at the Copthorne Hotel in the first place, and he was following THEIR Kaumatua's suggestion that the meeting be held at Ti Tii Marae instead.

I realise that a lot of people have valid concerns around the asset sales, relative to the Treaty of Waitangi and the clause everyone has been discussing, but how can they seriously not see that all they're doing is making things worse when they carry on like angry, rebellious teenagers? The PM himself had stated that the clause was NOT going to be discarded, and yet they still carried on like this.

Last edited by Savage : 5th February 2012 at 12:27.
Old 5th February 2012, 12:35     #2
?>Superman

Quote:
he called Sharples a "nigger"
lol.
Old 5th February 2012, 12:39     #3
MrTTTT

great example to young maori children too.
fight your battles with aggression and intimidation...

Sound familiar?
Old 5th February 2012, 12:55     #4
Deff
I felt shocked

Go Maoris
Old 5th February 2012, 13:00     #5
Lightspeed

Hahah, you fucking pathetic cunt-trolls.
Old 5th February 2012, 13:12     #6
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Waitangi has become a rallying post for radicals and the associated idiots who just want violence and to demonstrate how often they can repeat the word "fuck" in one sentence. Just let them have their face-spitting and flag-shooting there and let civilised people meet elsewhere.
Old 5th February 2012, 13:17     #7
Torka

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6368974/Key-leaves-Waitangi-due-to-protesters
Many of the protesters are armed with banners and flags.
"Armed"?
Old 5th February 2012, 13:34     #8
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

This works for me. The consultation with this group of people has been undertaken and the outcome is that they were not interested in contributing anything that could sensibly be used. The Government can now return to instruct those drafting new legislation to carry on with their original brief.
Old 5th February 2012, 14:59     #9
fixed_truth

Those pesky uncivilized savages!

I know, let's do this the proper way. Let's have a referendum on whether or not New Zealand should have any kind of asset sales.
Old 5th February 2012, 15:26     #10
Lightspeed

Excuse me, the proper way is to grasp power and then do whatever the fuck you want.
Old 5th February 2012, 17:31     #11
fixed_truth

Cheesy grin

Quote:
When he was Leader of the Opposition, Mr Key had criticised then-Prime Minister Helen Clark for stopping the visits to the Lower Marae after she was jostled one year.

"I come to pay my respects to the elders of the marae and at the end of the day I'm just not a Prime Minister that cuts and runs."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10783561
Old 5th February 2012, 18:24     #12
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yay selective quoting.

Quote:
Mr Key said he would to return Te Tii Marae next year despite the verbal barrage he was subjected to.
Old 5th February 2012, 18:55     #13
doppelgänger of someone

Once upon a time I did not understand why Helen Clark would be reduced to tears by Titewhai Harawira on Waitiangi Day 1998. Now I do.

For all its flaws, ideologically Labour has always been, and will be, the party that fights for social justice for Maori. Helen Clark, I imagine, believes that as much. But then some utterly rude person claiming to represent Maori questioned her, and by extension Labour Party's, right to speak in marae. That's what you get for standing up for Maori for a LIFETIME? A slap in the face by the very people you are defending? Of course that hurt.

Random Waitangi Day thought.
Old 6th February 2012, 02:24     #14
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6368...-to-protesters

How is the govt supposed to talk with these clowns when all they want to do is rant and rave and puff their chests out ....
What did you/they expect, it's Waitangi weekend.
Old 6th February 2012, 12:17     #15
_Incubus_

Did they steal his shoe?