NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 15th November 2011, 12:05     #1
cyc
Objection!

Green Party member allegedly admits to coordinating trashing of National billboards

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10766168

IF this guy is indeed a Green Party member, this would just be totally typical conduct of, well, useless Green Party members. Don't like GE labs? Go trash it. Don't like another party's policies? Trash their billboards!

VOTE GREEN!
Old 15th November 2011, 12:10     #2
Furry Crew

Man you should have seen the reaction I got one time when I told a green peace girl trying to donations that I thought Green Peace were like pirates of the south seas and terrorist.

Was worth it for the LOLs

Old 15th November 2011, 12:17     #3
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Crew
I thought Green Peace were like pirates of the south seas
Hell, now that's worth donating for! Argh!
Old 15th November 2011, 12:25     #4
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
IF this guy is indeed a Green Party member, this would just be totally typical conduct of, well, useless Green Party members. Don't like GE labs? Go trash it. Don't like another party's policies? Trash their billboards!

VOTE GREEN!
Hells yeah!
Old 15th November 2011, 12:42     #5
Torka

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Don't like GE labs? Go trash it. Don't like another party's policies? Trash their billboards!
this but unironically
Old 15th November 2011, 12:52     #6
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

At least they're taking action!

Last edited by DrTiTus : 15th November 2011 at 12:53.
Old 15th November 2011, 12:52     #7
CCS
Stunt Pants

Vote for Green and this is the sort of nut you get. That, and twits doing hunger strikes in Aotea Square.
Old 15th November 2011, 13:09     #8
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

More of the same.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...s-to-newspaper

I want to like the Greens. I really do. But they just keep acting like brainless dipshits.
Old 15th November 2011, 13:16     #9
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

White was not an active member of the Greens and used private networks to co-ordinate the vandalism.
Old 15th November 2011, 13:18     #10
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
White was not an active member of the Greens and used private networks to co-ordinate the vandalism.
Do you realise how pathetic that sounds?
Old 15th November 2011, 13:19     #11
fixed_truth

Quote:
Norman & the Party will be steaming. Way to reinforce ignorant negative stereotypes militant hippie guy.

National should be sympathetic here (lol) and understand the difference between the Party and some extreme individuals *exclusive Brethren smear campaign 2005 election* cough.
Old 15th November 2011, 13:35     #12
Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I want to like the Greens. I really do. But they just keep acting like brainless dipshits.
That is equivalent to saying all gamers are like this guy.
Old 15th November 2011, 13:53     #13
[BT]MikeMan

Quote:
That's the start of a Tui ad surely?
Old 15th November 2011, 13:55     #14
CCS
Stunt Pants

This distracts nicely from the tea recording
Old 15th November 2011, 13:56     #15
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The Green Party is a registered political party. A legal entity.

When its members and representatives get caught out doing dumb shit like

Astroturfing reddit for backlinks
http://www.reddit.com/r/newzealand/c...g_rnewzealand/

and

Misleading reporters to get media coverage
http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times...ate-apologises

and

Making totally irresponsible and untrue comments online along the lines of "OH NOES THE RENA HAS SPLIT IN HALF"
https://twitter.com/#!/GarethMP/stat...45742907322368

and

Taking us back to the 1980s with no-nukes hysteria "OH NOES I HEAR THERE'S SOME RADIATIONS ON THE INTERSHIPS"
http://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/5...rough-NZ-ports

and

Coordinating a nationwide campaign to illegally deface an opponent's political advertisements in the leadup to an election
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/election-2...lery_id=122660

...it makes me think that it, the Party, is collectively a bunch of brainless dipshits. Even if there are sensible people involved somewhere, it's the brainless dipshits who are out there getting headlines.

Edit: oh yeah, who can forget this:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...n-secret-tapes

The Greens leaders seem to spend a lot of their time disavowing any knowledge of their supporters' actions, don't they?
Old 15th November 2011, 14:10     #16
Whiplash
Bobo Fettish

The government should just legalize cannabis. It would certainly stop members of the green party from doing... Anything.
Old 15th November 2011, 14:14     #17
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
...understand the difference between the Party and some extreme individuals *exclusive Brethren smear campaign 2005 election* cough.
Did the actions of those individuals leave you with a negative impression of the Exclusive Brethren as a whole? Well it's kinda like that.

And at least those fuckups had the balls to put a name, address, and authorisation statement on their smear. Greens? not so brave.
Old 15th November 2011, 14:40     #18
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Norman has said he didn't know anything about the defacement, even though his PA knew about it for two months in advance and didn't tell him.

Questions:

So who DID know? Anyone else at head office? Anyone in the Greens leadership group?

This wasn't a one-man job, it was a large group of people coordinated across the country. How many of those people are Green members?

The defacement wasn't done with a vivid marker, it was with large professionally-printed stickers. Who paid for them?
Old 15th November 2011, 14:42     #19
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I did.

And what?
Old 15th November 2011, 14:51     #20
CCS
Stunt Pants

And uhh... and it's an illegal act? So turn yourself in.
Old 15th November 2011, 15:25     #21
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
So who DID know? Anyone else at head office? Anyone in the Greens leadership group?
It's pretty obvious that your average Green Party (aka Law Breakers/Eco-Terrorist) supporters couldn't care less about the truth. It's a MO typical of that camp -- no tactic is below the belt so long as it's directed towards the enemy.
Old 15th November 2011, 15:44     #22
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
The Green Party is a registered political party. A legal entity.

When its members and representatives get caught out doing dumb shit like
There's a world of difference between the usual dumb shit politicians say from time to time and "Coordinating a nationwide campaign to illegally deface an opponent's political advertisements in the leadup to an election"

This type of negative campaigning is totally at odds with their clean political image which they've worked hard over the years to maintain.

But of course there's the possibility that people from their head office and/or leadership group were involved and we'll have to wait and see if anything comes out. But Gareth's prejac tweets and a silly bitch executive assistant (who needs to be fired as soon as yesterday) aren't a smoking gun.
Old 15th November 2011, 16:14     #23
Furry Crew

As much as I dislike most of Tree Hugger politics I do give their leader props for fronting up.

Old 15th November 2011, 16:17     #24
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Didn't have much choice now, did he?
Old 15th November 2011, 16:25     #25
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
There's a world of difference between the usual dumb shit politicians say from time to time and "Coordinating a nationwide campaign to illegally deface an opponent's political advertisements in the leadup to an election"
Yeah my post was a response to Delphinus, so read it as a direct reply to him.

Quote:
silly bitch executive assistant (who needs to be fired as soon as yesterday)
Agreed.

I notice that the Green Party member behind all this shit works for the Anglican Church. What is it with religious nuts doing underhanded shit to influence elections? Is there something in the Bible I missed?
Old 15th November 2011, 16:28     #26
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Didn't have much choice now, did he?
Well there's always the choice to look like a tool instead, which Goff likes to exercise often.
Old 15th November 2011, 18:37     #27
Furry Crew

Just walked passed some greens people waving banners at a stop sign. Succeeded in not saying anything snarky....just...

Old 15th November 2011, 18:42     #28
CCS
Stunt Pants

That's not a success. That's a fail.
Old 15th November 2011, 19:21     #29
A Corpse
talkative lurker

TBH I thought it was amusing.

There's a series of National billboards around with two stop/go guys. Labour one with the stop sign, National one with the go sign.

Makes me want to photoshop "Asset sales" under stop, and "fuck yourself" under go.
Old 15th November 2011, 19:22     #30
CCS
Stunt Pants

DO IT PHAGGOT!
Old 15th November 2011, 20:54     #31
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
There's a series of National billboards around with two stop/go guys. Labour one with the stop sign, National one with the go sign.

Makes me want to photoshop "Asset sales" under stop, and "fuck yourself" under go.
Could you photoshop a picture of Phil Goff in too?
Old 15th November 2011, 21:09     #32
fixed_truth

Cheesy grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
Old 15th November 2011, 21:35     #33
doppelgänger of someone

Two words: Ambush Advertising. That troll should have put his messages in billboards NEXT to National billboard, or IN FRONT, so there would not be vandalism. For extra justice and lol, put his name and address in as well to satisfy the law.

Russell Norman, assuming he and the party hierarchy knew nothing about it before hand, is doing the right thing putting the foot down like that. If not National will be whinging all day and night, and with every right.
Old 15th November 2011, 22:14     #34
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

A Right activist should mount a similar campaign against Labour. Get a bunch of co-conspirators together, coordinate via social networks, and then under cover of darkness sneak around putting stickers of Phil Goff on all the Labour billboards.

Would it count as vandalism?

Would Labour demand they be removed?
Old 15th November 2011, 22:18     #35
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

I wonder how many seats green has sacrificed here?
Old 15th November 2011, 22:21     #36
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

I wonder if f_t appreciates that universally in english speaking countries (and most others) that an arrow to the left implies going backwards?
Old 15th November 2011, 22:26     #37
CCS
Stunt Pants

This Jolyon White guy was on Close Up tonight. Jesus shit what a numpty. He didn't seem to get what all the fuss was about. He said that National's signs weren't defaced because the stickers came off cleanly. Oh, that's alright then! He didn't quite get how bad it would make the Greens look. He said he should've resigned his Green membership long before this stunt. He doesn't seem to think that his girlfriend being the EA to the Greens co-leader really made that much difference. Really Class A intellect right there. This is your Green supporter, people.
Old 16th November 2011, 09:45     #38
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
This Jolyon White guy was on Close Up tonight. Jesus shit what a numpty. He didn't seem to get what all the fuss was about. He said that National's signs weren't defaced because the stickers came off cleanly.
Except they didn't - news report showed one of the attempts at removing the sticker - took half the billboard with it.
Old 16th November 2011, 09:54     #39
ipee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Everytime i even entertain the notion of voting greens, they come up with stupid shit like this.
Old 16th November 2011, 10:15     #40
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
A Right activist
The right doesn't have activists. They have jobs.