NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 17th November 2011, 09:09     #81
pxpx

What do you lefties reckon could be on the tapes? Serious question. I'd like to hear some theories!

All I can hypothesise are things like JK slagging off Brash or NZ First and that's not really "scandalous" or interesting is it?
Old 17th November 2011, 09:31     #82
BoyWonder

Well according to 3 News the drama is that Key said Winston First's supporters were dying out. I imagine he also said something along the lines of Don Brash not proving to be much help for the Act party.
Old 17th November 2011, 09:35     #83
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Key's playing a game of "Lets make it seem scandalous by dramatizing with secrecy" so that a moment or two before the election he can release it and it turns out to be a discussion about the optimum planting time for polyanthus and shows NZ media as being comprised of a stinky hoard of retarded muppets.

Which they are anyway.

And you should all know this already.
Old 17th November 2011, 10:07     #84
Furry Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
Key's playing a game of "Lets make it seem scandalous by dramatizing with secrecy" so that a moment or two before the election he can release it and it turns out to be a discussion about the optimum planting time for polyanthus and shows NZ media as being comprised of a stinky hoard of retarded muppets.

Which they are anyway.

And you should all know this already.

It's not. Between TV3 and The Herald they've already pretty much released all the relevant bit of information from the recording. So what if Key is saying Winston's power base is dying out and Don Brash may not have much future with ACT. Is he lying?

I'm surprised nothing more has come out about the media leaking the tapes to willy nilly now.

Old 17th November 2011, 10:54     #85
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Crew
It's not. Between TV3 and The Herald they've already pretty much released all the relevant bit of information from the recording. So what if Key is saying Winston's power base is dying out and Don Brash may not have much future with ACT. Is he lying?

I'm surprised nothing more has come out about the media leaking the tapes to willy nilly now.
Probably because it won't make the media much money.

Money.

It's all about the money.
Old 17th November 2011, 11:00     #86
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
shows NZ media as being comprised of a stinky hoard of retarded muppets.
PM's $10 signature puts him on wrong side of the law

The sooner the election is over the better
Old 17th November 2011, 11:01     #87
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth

This.
Old 17th November 2011, 11:04     #88
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:

In before outraged Standard post.
Old 17th November 2011, 11:40     #89
[WanG] Wandarah

Quote:

REALLY?! Oh fucking hell.
Old 17th November 2011, 12:06     #90
Furry Crew

Quote:

realy? Realy? REALY?!?!?!?!

Old 17th November 2011, 12:28     #91
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Brash also conceded ACT's polling showed the party had a vested interest in the release of the tape and said he may have a "quiet word" with the prime minister about it.
Surely if it's in his party's interest, Banks could just give his permision to release the tape? Shouldn't Brash should be talking to him and not JK?
Old 17th November 2011, 12:41     #92
StN
I have detailed files

Bwahahaha - if Dr Brash dug up an old one, I understand he would be allowed to sign it. From memory they amended the law so that you could only sign one if you were depicted on it in some way - that left the Queen, Sir Ed (until he died) and the Governer of the Reserve bank as the only ones allowed to write their names on one.
Old 17th November 2011, 12:49     #93
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Actually, asian dick
Please.
Old 17th November 2011, 12:51     #94
PhX

Media are a bunch of twats. Instead of covering policy or things that might help the general public decide who to vote for (as in how the country will be run) they like to side on tabloid bs. I for one have started giving up reading the herald as of the other day when the 2 top stories were 'a fucken tea tape' and 'a fucken 22 year old gets drunk and is a doosh just like every other 22 year old'. Cool storys paper.
Old 17th November 2011, 13:01     #95
GM

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX
..I for one have started giving up reading the herald...
Not even once.
Old 17th November 2011, 13:27     #96
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX
Media are a bunch of twats. Instead of covering policy or things that might help the general public decide who to vote for (as in how the country will be run) they like to side on tabloid bs. I for one have started giving up reading the herald as of the other day when the 2 top stories were 'a fucken tea tape' and 'a fucken 22 year old gets drunk and is a doosh just like every other 22 year old'. Cool storys paper.
trouble is, the upper-tier politicians we have at present act just as retarded as the media when in the public eye. what the fuck happened to the leaders of old, that actually worked for the good of all, instead of saying they do and really just pandering to a select group? what happened to leaders that said what needs to be said, and not fire broadsides every time they get a chance at a camera or microphone? cant we fire all of the muppets and start from scratch? the whole fucking thing is lunacy these days. there are a bunch of great politicians waiting for a chance, instead we are putting up with children.
Old 17th November 2011, 13:33     #97
[WanG] Wandarah

They didn't exist buddy. They're scrubbed clean, and shined in all the right spots so you can hold them up to the light later on. There are entire industries set up to do this.
Old 17th November 2011, 13:50     #98
CCS
Stunt Pants

Why can't we all just get along?!
Old 17th November 2011, 13:53     #99
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

smash the state! smash the state!
Old 17th November 2011, 14:18     #100
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by [WanG] Wandarah
They didn't exist buddy. They're scrubbed clean, and shined in all the right spots so you can hold them up to the light later on. There are entire industries set up to do this.
QFT

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 17th November 2011, 14:20     #101
doppelgänger of someone

IMO the way to sell more papers/hits isn't more trivial coverage, it is more in-depth analyses of policies. Of course that requires reporters doing some actual research and analysis, instead of tailing politicians to the world's end.

Oh how I miss the days when people can agree to disagree. Wait, when you talk to people on the street they still have that civility.
Old 17th November 2011, 15:35     #102
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTTTT
The bit about the delusions of grandeur is true about cyc! He forgets he is merely a mediocre lawyer in NZ.
Poor pathetic broken record. Are you still emo over the fact that you're on the minimum wage?
Old 17th November 2011, 15:59     #103
SickBo@Work

Quote:
Actually, asian dick
Pathetic, regardless of provocation.
Old 17th November 2011, 16:03     #104
CCS
Stunt Pants

Laugh

Can cyc's user tag be Asian Dick? Please? Pretty please?
Old 17th November 2011, 19:19     #105
fixed_truth

Well yeah, considering it turns out that he actually is Asian (right?) then perhaps baby dick or chilito would have been a better term.
Old 17th November 2011, 19:26     #106
Omegakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Anyone else think cyc was white?
I thought everyone here was white, other than fob, i thought he was brown.
Old 17th November 2011, 19:33     #107
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Well yeah, considering it turns out that he actually is Asian (right?) then perhaps baby dick or chilito would have been a better term.
Maybe Dick Nose could be your user tag?
Old 17th November 2011, 19:54     #108
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickBo@Work
Pathetic, regardless of provocation.
Old 17th November 2011, 20:30     #109
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Fixed_truth, in case you haven't noticed, no one other than your fellow left shits* are particularly impressed with your Victorian-style behaviour. You've constantly tried putting on this nonsensical "I am a good person who cares about the poor and oppressed" front on here and your little outbursts on this thread is rather showing up your real self.

Who's the one with a small dick and brain? The one who has to descend to racial insults. Now go back to sleep.

* Defined as those who simply will never admit anything "left" ("left" as defined by them) or anybody "left" can ever do anything wrong or is inclined towards mindless defences of things/POVs from the left.
Old 17th November 2011, 20:44     #110
cyc
Objection!

Cameraman seeking court declaration that tape recording = legal

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10766703

How on earth could the court rule that you didn't intentionally record something just on the basis of your assertion?
Old 17th November 2011, 20:53     #111
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
The one who has to descend to racial insults.
Nice try chump. It's not a racial insult if I didn't know that you were Asian. Otherwise it's a derogatory term for someone overcompensating for their lack of manhood. Stop being such a jew.

And your typical hypocrisy is a joke. You're the most abusive insulting guy on here. Must be your hair-trigger temper.
Old 17th November 2011, 21:00     #112
Deadmeat

If he wanted to have a private conversation, why not go somewhere private? Instead of to a cafe currently serving the public, while inviting all the media outlets (but then telling them they can only look, dance puppets). Sure recording them without their knowledge is illegal, but the idea that this was an invasion of privacy seems to stretch the definition of privacy to near farcical levels.
Old 17th November 2011, 21:01     #113
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Nice try chump. It's not a racial insult if I didn't know that you were Asian. Otherwise it's a derogatory term for someone overcompensating for their lack of manhood. Stop being such a jew.

And your typical hypocrisy is a joke. You're the most abusive insulting guy on here. Must be your hair-trigger temper.
Nice try at spinning. Using jokes that are based on ethnic/racial stereotyping is, well, a sign of bigotry and that you like to play ethnic/racial cards. And stop with the one-liners already, loser.

So you've proven what I said about you all along: in addition to being extremely stupid, you're also a gutter rat. So what made you such a gutter rat?
Old 17th November 2011, 21:25     #114
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Nice try at spinning. Using jokes that are based on ethnic/racial stereotyping is, well, a sign of bigotry and that you like to play ethnic/racial cards. And stop with the one-liners already, loser.
You're right, your awesome inductive reasoning is as good as fact.

Now you can get along with your life, anal-retentive guy.

Last edited by fixed_truth : 17th November 2011 at 21:28.
Old 17th November 2011, 21:48     #115
[WanG] Wandarah

Quote:
Nice try chump. It's not a racial insult if I didn't know that you were Asian.
Dude, I appreciate your presence around here. Calling someone a nigger, and saying it isn't racist because you didn't know they were black, is weak as fuck.
Old 17th November 2011, 22:17     #116
SickBo@Work

Quote:
Nice try chump. It's not a racial insult if I didn't know that you were Asian. Otherwise it's a derogatory term for someone overcompensating for their lack of manhood.
Old 17th November 2011, 23:19     #117
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by [WanG] Wandarah
Dude, I appreciate your presence around here. Calling someone a nigger, and saying it isn't racist because you didn't know they were black, is weak as fuck.
I don't think that 'asian dick' is used as a disrespectful nickname for a racial group like 'nigger' is. It's obviously not a true stereotype and through media it's become a bit of a meme. But nonetheless it's still an ethnic-stereotype and I'm willing to take on board that other people might find it offensive and not use it.

When small dick jokes go bad.
Old 17th November 2011, 23:31     #118
[WanG] Wandarah

Ah, the racial insult you used is not popular enough to be considered truly offensive by anyone who watches TV for long enough.

Understood.

Last edited by [WanG] Wandarah : 17th November 2011 at 23:32.
Old 17th November 2011, 23:31     #119
MrTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Poor pathetic broken record. Are you still emo over the fact that you're on the minimum wage?
I'll give you a sneaky hint, I'm not actually a toilet cleaner
But I do like how much of a judgmental prick you are towards those in less fortunate positions than you!
Old 17th November 2011, 23:49     #120
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTTTT
But I do like how much of a judgmental prick you are towards those in less fortunate positions than you!
Well, if by "less fortunate positions than [i]", you mean those who are voluntarily retarded and endlessly repeat themselves like you then it's pretty hard not to treat such vermins with contempt.

Go and emo yourself some more, chum.