NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: What's your electorate-vote preference?
National 35 40.70%
Labour 24 27.91%
Green 13 15.12%
ACT 0 0%
Maori 1 1.16%
United Future 1 1.16%
Mana 1 1.16%
Winston First 2 2.33%
other 3 3.49%
abstention 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th October 2011, 23:28     #1
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

What's your electorate-vote preference? (Nov 2011 edition)

Tits are great.
Old 30th October 2011, 23:38     #2
crocos

Norks! Jubblies!

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 30th October 2011, 23:51     #3
Nich

tits are so soft and squishy!
Old 30th October 2011, 23:54     #4
CCS
Stunt Pants

Why isn't tits there as a voting option? WTF?
Old 31st October 2011, 08:59     #5
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

my electorate is crap - Dunne gets in without lifting a finger, and the others are useless.....

Prolly vote Nat, as I think Shanks will be next highest polling candidate, and thus has the only real chance of knocking Dunne out.... sure as hell not voting for Charlie Chavuel
Old 31st October 2011, 09:12     #6
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Hutt South, no way I'm voting for the duck and none else even has a show, so joke candidate if there is one.

Which is also why I'll never vote for an electoral system resembling FPP.

Last edited by Saladin : 31st October 2011 at 09:13.
Old 31st October 2011, 09:21     #7
Furry Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
my electorate is crap - Dunne gets in without lifting a finger, and the others are useless.....

Prolly vote Nat, as I think Shanks will be next highest polling candidate, and thus has the only real chance of knocking Dunne out.... sure as hell not voting for Charlie Chavuel

I'm probably doing the same....Time to vote out Dunne if it can be helped at all.

Old 31st October 2011, 11:15     #8
pxpx

This thread started off with so much promise.
Old 31st October 2011, 11:24     #9
cEvin
Love In Vein

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candida..._by_electorate

Note some MPs haven't decided where they will run yet (Winston).

Still undecided on my vote (Wellington City). I know almost nothing about the candidates other than Grant Robertson, who only won the seat last election by under 2,000 votes.
Old 31st October 2011, 12:35     #10
plaz0r

A swing and a miss for the Greens.

Thought I'd check out the webpages for the Wellington Central candidates and see what they had to say

http://jamesshaw.net.nz/2011/07/jame...central-video/

"This video is private."

Not a good look with the campaigns all kicking off.
Old 31st October 2011, 13:12     #11
xor

Well considering the last local MP for Mangere is just about to get out of jail, i don't think i'll be voting labour.
Old 1st November 2011, 16:23     #12
crocos

I'm in what is possibly the most irritating electorate ever.

The National (Christopher Finlayson), Labour (Annette King) and Green (Russell Norman) MPs will ALL get in, because they're all list MPs - #9, #2 and #2 respectively.

You could not pay me enough to vote NZ First - and that's even with Winston gone.

I also have no desire to vote for the Māori party as I find race-based politics rehensible, even though they DO have some good ideas.

Meaning any candidate vote in my electorate is pointless.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 1st November 2011, 16:28     #13
CCS
Stunt Pants

Just vote for Finlayson anyway.

I'm get to vote for John Key!
Old 1st November 2011, 16:28     #14
CCS
Stunt Pants

Just vote for Finlayson anyway.

Old 1st November 2011, 16:42     #15
cEvin
Love In Vein

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos

The National (Christopher Finlayson), Labour (Annette King) and Green (Russell Norman) MPs will ALL get in, because they're all list MPs - #9, #2 and #2 respectively.

You could not pay me enough to vote NZ First - and that's even with Winston gone.

I also have no desire to vote for the Māori party as I find race-based politics rehensible, even though they DO have some good ideas.

i guess this is one downside to the current MMP system.
Old 2nd November 2011, 11:53     #16
[WanG] Wandarah

Quote:

Rongotai Representing!
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:12     #17
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Technically the fair seat of Hamilton West is my home electorate, presently held by National's Tim Macindoe by (IIRC) a slim majority. He (or his office) has responded to me quickly when I've emailed him, so no complain of product.
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:26     #18
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Same
Old 2nd November 2011, 20:11     #19
zeekiorage

Quote:

Similar situation in my electorate but with just Labour and National. The only time I see both of them is in the election week when they are standing at the traffic lights on main intersection, begging for votes. IMHO they are both less useful than the guys with squeegee running around cleaning windscreen of people's cars.
Old 4th November 2011, 11:43     #20
cEvin
Love In Vein

for Wellington electorate voters: http://wellingtonista.com/2011/11/02...hear-from-you/
Old 4th November 2011, 12:00     #21
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Interesting: Tane Woodley (listed as someone that have sent the questions to) is a civil servant....
Old 4th November 2011, 12:07     #22
Brandoo

Quote:

You ever checked out Gareth Hughes on Twitter?

Last edited by Brandoo : 4th November 2011 at 12:10.
Old 4th November 2011, 21:20     #23
OY636

Te Atatu South

And I have no idea. Tau Henare for National or Phil Twyford for Labour.
I would vote Twyford but he was anti supercity, wants a republic and is promising a new north western motorway with bus lanes. He might as well promise me unicorns, fairys and a Nigerian prince that really does need my help.
But Tau is....... we got rid of Chris Carter don't give us another joke.
Old 7th November 2011, 20:58     #24
plaz0r

(Wellington Central; party vote National)

To my surprise, I find myself leaning towards voting for Grant Robertson. By all accounts he's a pretty decent guy, and actually seems to be visible in the community - whereas Paul Foster-Bell (national) seems to be pretty much the most boring person in the world, and the Youtube video on James Shaw (greens)'s website that's supposed to tell me all about him is still private. Faaaail.
Old 7th November 2011, 21:41     #25
cEvin
Love In Vein

plaz0r try this: http://www.facebook.com/jamesshaw.greenparty
Old 8th November 2011, 19:54     #26
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Mana (the electorate, not the party) has traditionally been strongly Labour, by there was a by-election held last year and Kris Faafoi only just squeaked in ahead of National's Hekia Parata.

Amazingly, apart from Kris Faafoi, I have no idea who's running for my electorate. The only non-Labour billboard I have seen is for Green, and fuck knows who their candidate is. I have no idea if Hekia's giving it another shot since I haven't seen a Nat awning anywhere.

I'm still planning on placing a protest vote - it's a shit/diahhrea situation in NZ politics atm.
Old 15th November 2011, 11:27     #27
[BT]MikeMan

Also voting for Mr Key in the electorate.

Helensville FTW
Old 24th November 2011, 19:34     #28
Wally Simmonds

Quote:

Have you heard that silly woman talk? There's a reason why she won't poll well. It's a shame Gareth Hughes isn't bothering, as I'd probably vote for him..

Why the hate for Chavuell? They're all pretty shit, but I'm actually quite surprised you'd consider voting for old skanks
Old 25th November 2011, 11:40     #29
plaz0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Simmonds
Why the hate for Chavuell?
You mean aside from writing anonymous* emails to lawyers saying "Hey, don't you think Charles Chauvel is great? You should write to the dom post saying so!". Oh yeah, and then getting all "they hacked my email because I'm gay!" when he got called out on it. The guy's unstable.

Old 25th November 2011, 11:42     #30
CCS
Stunt Pants

And he thinks stealing cars is a minor crime. Fuck that guy. Steal his queer little Mercedes and he'll be jumping up and down spewing rage.
Old 25th November 2011, 11:45     #31
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Charles Chauvel is just a fatter version of Chris Carter. A gay Labour MP slurping away at the trough, full of self-importance, and if anyone criticises him for being a lazy arrogant bludger his reply is "HOMOPHOBIA! I'M BEING OPPRESSED!"

That's what MMP gets you. Please vote to be rid of that shit.
Old 25th November 2011, 12:02     #32
Wally Simmonds

Okay, fair enough. But Katrina 'the internet is a series of tubes' Shanks is just as bad.
Old 27th November 2011, 08:34     #33
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

looking how the numbers fell, it is probably best (for National's benefit, and the ability to govern) that Dunne made it back in.

(There I said it.)

If Charlie had got in, then nothing could be achieved in Parliament in the next 3 years.....