NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 25th August 2010, 12:04     #1
cyc
Objection!

Talking New Zealand Police - setting fine examples!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4057...nsured-officer

Quote:
A senior policeman caught accessing the police computer to pass on information to a private investigator working for convicted pack rapist Brad Shipton has been promoted to head the Police College's investigation and intelligence school.

In 2005, then Senior Sergeant Dave Archibald was reprimanded for accessing the computer system known as National Intelligence Application during the trial of former police officers Shipton, Bob Schollum and two Mt Maunganui residents.

Mr Archibald was looking for information that private investigator and former colleague John Birmingham hoped might help Shipton's defence.

He admitted inappropriately accessing the computer but it was not clear whether Mr Archibald passed information to Shipton's defence team.

Last month Mr Archibald was promoted to the rank of detective inspector as he topped what police described as a very impressive field of candidates to begin his new job at the Royal New Zealand Police College at Porirua.
And these clowns wonder why there's so little respect for the police?
Old 25th August 2010, 12:11     #2
chiQ
Frag-muff

Awesome. That's just scary. Ethics? Wassat then?

Speaking of perceptions of the police, I recently *555ed a member of police brass for driving dangerously and rudely in a "plain-clothes" police car recently. They asked me if I wanted him charged. I just said I wanted him taught to drive defensively rather than offensively. They're going to see what they can do. The cop investigating has been very communicative and straight with me, which made me feel a bit better about the idiot behind the wheel. I guess that's the point though.
Old 25th August 2010, 12:17     #3
xor

Where's Mark when you need him?
Old 25th August 2010, 12:24     #4
Pleb'a

Ethics, isn't that when you can tell the race of the person you're framing ?

(yes I know it's spelled Ethnics)
Old 25th August 2010, 12:50     #5
Warrick
Awesome Ring Master

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Where's Mark when you need him?
still making me laugh
Old 25th August 2010, 14:04     #6
Deadmeat

Quote:
Alexandra police officer Neil Ford said in a 2005 statement he was at the centre line indicating and turning right into a driveway when Mr Cribb (17 at the time) attempted to pass, causing the crash.

However, two witnesses came forward and supported Mr Cribb's evidence that he did not cause the crash.

Last week, Constable Dairne Cassidy, of Alexandra, admitted perverting the course of justice by hiding evidence that could have been vital in the investigation.
'Justice finally done' in perjury case

Two cops perfectly willing to fuck over some poor kid. Another great work story.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:05     #7
cyc
Objection!

Very angry

It's absolutely amazing in the first place that this clownboat wasn't sacked. That's error number 1. Error number 2 is that even if you can't sack a clownboat with zero appreciation of ethics and public duty, you don't promote him. The most egregious error of all is to promote someone who sets an absolutely TERRIBLE example into a teaching/example-setting role.

What's gonna be next? Hire an ex-rapist to teach cops the dynamics of sexual assaults?

Old 25th August 2010, 14:12     #8
StN
I have detailed files

The exception of course being the cybercrime division...
Old 25th August 2010, 14:30     #9
fixed_truth

It was a strange move to promote him after he abused his position.

Quote:
Last month Mr Archibald was promoted to the rank of detective inspector as he topped what police described as a very impressive field of candidates
Yeah right, they can't of been that impressive.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:32     #10
cyc
Objection!

It could have been. Seriously, two years at a government department taught me how assclowns involved in hiring can consistently come to a view that an inferior candidate has beaten out far, far better people for the job.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:35     #11
Juju
get to da choppa

"Oh, yet another thread about a couple of bad apples in the NZ police", I thought. "Wonder who started it? It couldn't be cyc, he doesn't have a massive grudge against them or anything".

Before you go and run off about how I have some love affair with the police, I have no problem with them being brought to justice for abusing their powers. But is it thread worthy? Fuck no.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:50     #12
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
What's gonna be next? Hire an ex-rapist to teach cops the dynamics of sexual assaults?
Yeah man, it's just like hiring a blackhat hacker to teach about security. Who knows the most about sexual assault? A rapist of course! It makes perfect sense.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:57     #13
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
"Oh, yet another thread about a couple of bad apples in the NZ police", I thought. "Wonder who started it? It couldn't be cyc, he doesn't have a massive grudge against them or anything".
A couple of bad apples? Look if you're retarded and can't read, a written discussion board isn't for you. What this one person did as an individual is, I agree, not a big deal institutionally speaking. But when you've got someone like that being able to (1) keep his job, (2) get a promotion, and (3) get a promotion into a TEACHING role, I think that doesn't say a lot about an institution whose purported mission is to serve and protect.

Juju fail = yes. Juju retarded? Absolutely.
Old 25th August 2010, 15:13     #14
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Yeah man, it's just like hiring a blackhat hacker to teach about security. Who knows the most about sexual assault? A rapist of course! It makes perfect sense.
Gotta be careful. Guys like Juju might take you literally!
Old 25th August 2010, 16:14     #15
madmaxii

Cyc - I love how you make personal attacks on those who don't agree with you.

I'd like to see you make similar comments in a courtroom when a judge makes a decision you don't agree with.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:18     #16
cyc
Objection!

YAWN.

Here, Madmaxii, for the last fucking time: I have no issue with people disagreeing with me. I have an issue with idiots like Juju simply responding with useless one-liners that don't address the issue. He accuses me of having a personal beef with the police when all I did was reference an article with contents that obviously spoke for itself for everyone else. Either get yourself a pair of glasses or get the fuck over the fact that I don't post to seek your approval.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:39     #17
madmaxii

Ok - just this once I'm getting down to your level.

You're so fucking bitter I bet you've been sticking almonds up your arse for the last 20 years.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:42     #18
cyc
Objection!

lame, lame, lame.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:43     #19
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

i have to agree with cyc on the OP, but he could do a better job of not being a prick to everyone himself
Old 25th August 2010, 18:13     #20
Juju
get to da choppa

Sure, I missed the bit about the guy being promoted (Which doesn't look terribly good) due to skim reading the article. But the rest of what I said stands.
You do seem to make a song and dance about the Police all the time on here - it's getting old.
So is the old "I disagree with you therefore you are completely stupid and retarded. Plus I'll throw in some other childish insults for good measure" rebuttal you always seem to have.

"Haha, retard is as retard does."
"How old are you, retard?"
"Retard!"
"Send in the retard rescue squad!"

I know you are you said you are so what am iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii?
Old 25th August 2010, 18:31     #21
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

cyc: you sir are one ANGRY man!! Get laid dude.
Old 25th August 2010, 18:49     #22
pxpx

Thread is now threadworthy.
Old 25th August 2010, 19:03     #23
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Sure, I missed the bit about the guy being promoted (Which doesn't look terribly good) due to skim reading the article. But the rest of what I said stands.
No, you didn't even read ANYTHING. You just added your shitty one-liner because of the fact that I posted something. On the first line of the text I quoted out of the article, it was made clear that this guy got promoted. If you don't like to read what others write properly, at least have the courtesy of shutting the fuck up and crawl back into the shithole from which you pea- brained self popped out.

retard
Old 25th August 2010, 19:49     #24
JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
Look if you're retarded and can't read, a written discussion board isn't for you. .
I liked this bit.

I mean it's not like Juju came in and made a substantial argument, he literally attacked the fact that it was made by cyc, rather than any content within. Yes cyc should be nicer, but it's not exactly like Juju came on and argued with him about something other than attacking the argument on the basis it was made by him.
Old 25th August 2010, 20:03     #25
xor

FWIW I have a couple of lawyer friends and I know never to argue with them because I know I'll never win.
Old 25th August 2010, 21:42     #26
madmaxii

Last post to Cyc - fuck you're a dick. Night night poor little prick.

And an old, old saying - I suspect it's as old as the oldest profession.

Quote:
90% percent of lawyers give the other 10% a bad name.
Hasta la vista baby
Old 25th August 2010, 22:15     #27
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxii
Last post to Cyc - fuck you're a dick. Night night poor little prick.

And an old, old saying - I suspect it's as old as the oldest profession.

Hasta la vista baby
Yawn. Go fix up your broken record.
Old 25th August 2010, 23:35     #28
Lightspeed

Quote:
I have no problem with them being brought to justice for abusing their powers. But is it thread worthy?
Yes.
Old 26th August 2010, 00:24     #29
adonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Yes.
Most definitely.
Old 26th August 2010, 00:28     #30
cyc
Objection!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10668781

Either Howard Broad is putting on The Greatest Act Ever or he genuinely has a clue. Let's hope it's the latter.
Old 26th August 2010, 01:22     #31
CCS
Stunt Pants

Fucken pigs.

Quote:
But is it thread worthy? Fuck no.
Yeah true. It hasn't really met the very high standard for thread worthiness.
Old 26th August 2010, 09:24     #32
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

If every thread needed to pass some criteria for 'thread worthiness' before a thread was opened well..... there wouldn't be much going on would there?! :P
Old 26th August 2010, 09:36     #33
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

I think CCS might have been exercising sarcasm. Of course, I don't know for sure as he didn't use italics.
Old 26th August 2010, 10:06     #34
?>Superman

cyc's all good tbh, he needs a cigar, a shatner mask and some intro music.

BOW WOW CHIKA WOW WOW WOOOOWWWW

<3
Old 26th August 2010, 11:38     #35
JP

The entire justice system really needs to be redone. It is fairly self defeating and illogical, people are just attached to the concept of revenge and punishment, even if it is not what is most effective at reducing crime, which is the apparent goal of the system.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're all judged by our childrens children for our ongoing unwillingness to readdress our judgmental, hypocritical and borderline pseudo masochistic attitude towards poverty, social issues and their symptoms.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:35     #36
CCS
Stunt Pants

YUO=LAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosWulf
I think CCS might have been exercising sarcasm. Of course, I don't know for sure as he didn't use italics.
Nor a smiley that says "I'm really just joking! Please don't hate me!"
Old 26th August 2010, 12:41     #37
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
The entire justice system really needs to be redone....
m0f0's don't want to hear problems, they want solutions.

Please elaborate, or STFU.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:50     #38
Fluffer

Old 26th August 2010, 13:03     #39
Lylmik

Wacked

Quote:

Before you go and run off about how I have some love affair with the police, I have no problem with them being brought to justice for abusing their powers. But is it thread worthy? Fuck no.
What exactly were you trying to achieve by posting here? Did you just want to have a go at cyc? Did you want some attention?

Clearly you had absolutely no interest in knowing what the story was about, by your own admission, otherwise you would have seen that it was about the guy being promoted, not just about 'some bad cop doing something'.

Not that it has any relevance, but now that you know what the thread is about, do you feel it is "thread worthy"?

Even if it was "just" about a cop doing something shit, does that mean that it shouldn't be a thread? Are 'bad cops' so common now that news of them is mundane?
Wait, that is basically what you said.

Quote:
no problem with them being brought to justice for abusing their powers. But is it thread worthy? Fuck no.
So...... people shouldn't talk about cops being arrested/tried/convicted for abusing the power and trust given to them? What else isn't thread worthy, in your opinion? Politicians abusing expenses? Priests/teachers/doctors touching children? [P.S. I don't actually care what you think is thread worthy]
Guess what? It's a discussion board. People are talking about stuff (when not rubbing one out in the Pic of the Day thread).

I was interested in the story, as, it appeared, were everybody else until you interjected, but, as you stated from the state, your objection was really just because cyc created the thread.
Hot tip: If you don't care about the topic, then don't click on the thread. It's that simple. I don't give a fuck about the Touchless carwash thread, but I'm not going to go and post in it just to say "CARWASHES AREN'T THREAD WORTHY. STOP WASTING MY SCREEN REAL ESTATE WITH THAT THREAD TITLE."

Just in case you weren't aware, it tells you on the main screen who started the thread - it's right below the thread title [I assume it's the same in both colour schemes]; you didn't need to open the thread to find out that it was cyc who started it.

Final note: A thread is defined by its posts, and "kept alive" / brought to the top by each new post added. Your main point appears to be that you think the topic wasn't "thread worthy", yet by posting in the thread (repetitively) you perpetuate it's existence.
Old 26th August 2010, 13:31     #40
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

This thread needs more kiss and make-up.