NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11th December 2009, 23:56     #4561
TheBender

Back in 2006 I went to Thailand on a junket business conference in Phuket, and did the traditional night out in Patong Beach.

After a while, I got chatting to a tailor who talked me into a few business shirts and a suit !.

So it's 2:00am and I'm getting measured up, and I leave to go back to NZ that evening. No problem Prem says - I bring them to your hotel for fitting at 5:00pm.

What about alterations I ask - he say no issue, I do them if needed (they didn't)

Bloody good fit, and have worn better than any shit I've bought from NZ shops.

$200 for 5 shirts, $300 for a suit + extra pants - not sure if a great price, but I'm real happy with how they've lasted

What oils my gears. Got a pop-up in Skype tonight, and damn, he still has my measurements, and is going to do me a new suit, and a few more shirts.

just starting the material choice/style, then time to barter on price.
Old 14th December 2009, 16:26     #4562
xor

I got A's in all my papers and got an A+ in Microeconomics and enrolled in Game theory next semester. Gears well oiled
Old 14th December 2009, 16:35     #4563
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBender
What oils my gears. Got a pop-up in Skype tonight, and damn, he still has my measurements, and is going to do me a new suit, and a few more shirts.
Hahaha yeap, i have a guy in patong who does the same, He even has a picture of me on the wall modelling my suit, heh.
Old 14th December 2009, 16:37     #4564
Gentl e

Are you the dude in the british flag suit?

btw Patong is fun times.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:08     #4565
Reformed_Quint

Nope... well, i hope not, some days are hazy.

I've never had as much fun as i did in thailand, its win.
Old 15th December 2009, 10:36     #4566
leadinjector

seeing Diego Sanchez spend 5 rounds getting his face pounded in by BJ Penn oils my gears. Sanchez may be an awesome fighter but by god, what an almighty fucking douchebag. small man syndrome taken to an extreme level.
Old 15th December 2009, 11:42     #4567
A Corpse
talkative lurker

I feel the same about Berlusconi. Hopefully he doesn't actually gain any popularity from the incident though.
Old 15th December 2009, 12:58     #4568
doppelgänger of someone

muh Schadenfreude x 3

What do you have against Papa Berlusconi, man? Don't like the result of his latest cosmetic operation? SUCH A HATER!
Old 15th December 2009, 21:52     #4569
leadinjector

What oils my gears is getting an email from one of the guys i used to train when I first started as a fitness instructor who has been AWOL for an entire year, telling me he was gonna get back into it since he just hit 70. trooper.
Old 15th December 2009, 22:12     #4570
Asriel

Just got confirmation that I have an abstract accepted to a fairly important conference next year.
Old 15th December 2009, 22:56     #4571
p01s0n

nothing more satisfying than defeating a stuck, rounded off bolt.

six months ago I first tackled this motherfucker. On and off over that period I have had a crack at undoing it. Then tonight I said NO MORE! and sorted that fucker out.

This was absolutely the worst kind too, where as you apply torque, the socket/wrench/spanner would push itself off the end of the head. it was in a bastard of a place which meant heating the surrounding area was not an option, and it was right up against the firewall so there was no room to smack it with a hammer.
Old 15th December 2009, 23:09     #4572
Juju
get to da choppa

o_O

Cut your fucken fingernails you women. That MX5 is making you all bitch.

Ps. Good work on the bolt.

Old 15th December 2009, 23:14     #4573
madmaxii

Woman
Old 15th December 2009, 23:25     #4574
Helious

Thumbs up

the dirt under the fingernails isn't everyday living~ it's at completion of job~ sif my main man pie is gonna stop to clean his fingernails after his magnificent triumph!
Old 16th December 2009, 00:42     #4575
Thomas Meatball

It's not the dirtiness of his fingernails, it's the length. Look at that thumbnail!
Old 16th December 2009, 01:02     #4576
Helious

i'd like to see you cunts peel an orange
Old 16th December 2009, 01:23     #4577
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

If you don't have a long thumbnail, how do you quickly open a plastic-wrapped Leaning Tower pizza?
Old 16th December 2009, 08:27     #4578
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
If you don't have a long thumbnail, how do you quickly open a plastic-wrapped Leaning Tower pizza?
Why would you want to?
Old 16th December 2009, 09:22     #4579
p01s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
Why would you want to?
girls
Old 16th December 2009, 09:35     #4580
^BITES^

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
This was absolutely the worst kind too, where as you apply torque, the socket/wrench/spanner would push itself off the end of the head. it was in a bastard of a place which meant heating the surrounding area was not an option, and it was right up against the firewall so there was no room to smack it with a hammer.
Fuck I hate those... esp when done by design ...

One similar cunt fucker was my ball joints for the Valiant ... some fucktard thought screw in ones were a good idea ... well tbh its not THAT bad an idea. Except for the fact they are recessed into the upper fucking arm, so you CANNOT get anything on them solid except for some fucking tool from Mopar ... and fuck ordering one of those (shit tons of cash)

To make it even more entertaining, the head is one of those "oh lets put rounded edges on it! With the added bonus of not having grip all the way up the head, to compound this further .... these are the ORIGNAL ball joints from 1972..... ARSE

Ended up doing the overnight soak in CRC etc, next day and 2 Hours later with a fucking monkey wrench and cold chisel, and more swearing than a drunk pirate on fire, we got the bastard(s) out.

Then later on putting the new one in the other side thread fucked out ... had to do it all again. FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK.

Worst design ever.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Old 16th December 2009, 09:39     #4581
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Like any man would, with a machete
Old 16th December 2009, 09:50     #4582
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
nothing more satisfying than defeating a stuck, rounded off bolt.
With ones like that I get a coal chisel, place it slightly off centre on the right hand side of its centre axis (on the head of the bolt) and whack it with a hammer, a small 'groove' where the chisel is being hit will apear, you can then angle the chisel so that you are forcing the bolt around in an anti clockwise rotation. HATE, rounded bolts, or rounded screws, WHY WOULD YOU PUT SCREWS ON GAURD LINERS,THEY JUST RUST!! FUCK, it stresses me out.

BTW, i always grow one thumb nail long, once the other gets to a suitable size i chop the other off, goes in cycles. One long thumb nail has many uses. A few for chiq;
-Scrapping things clean, so you can see the itching on the metal.
-Peeling things.
-Cutting things.
-Prying things.

Its like a flat head screw driver, ON YOUR THUMB!!!
Old 16th December 2009, 09:54     #4583
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
With ones like that I get a coal chisel

Quote:
BTW, i always grow one thumb nail long, once the other gets to a suitable size i chop the other off, goes in cycles. One long thumb nail has many uses. A few for chiq;
-Scrapping things clean, so you can see the itching on the metal.
-Peeling things.
-Cutting things.
-Prying things.
-Cat fights

Its like a flat head screw driver, ON YOUR THUMB!!!
Hmmm
Old 16th December 2009, 12:54     #4584
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Meatball
??
Old 16th December 2009, 12:57     #4585
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
A knife, a big fuck off shiny one!
For me opening food wrapping is usually done in the kitchen where I have scissors and various knives close at hand. If I am out somewhere and need to open something then I always have a Swiss Army Knife on my belt, so still no problem.

That having been said I actually keep a little length of the nails on my thumb and forefinger on both hands. You need some thumbnail to open a pocket knife and there are various other tasks that a little fingernail is useful for. I do trim my nails regularly, I just don't trim the thumb & forefinger ones quite so close.
Old 16th December 2009, 13:06     #4586
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
??
Jimmy Barnes, being the working class man that he is, is turning in his mine...
Old 16th December 2009, 13:10     #4587
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
Why would you want to?
Nostalgia
Old 16th December 2009, 13:11     #4588
Reformed_Quint

Ho, shame, i've always called it a 'coal' chisel. Even when i was working in a factory, lol.

Old 16th December 2009, 13:11     #4589
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
??
Do you use your cold chisel to chip away at coal?
Old 16th December 2009, 13:32     #4590
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Meatball
Do you use your cold chisel to chip away at coal?
If i had a mine... i might! Nah, who am i kidding, i've got a pick for that kinda shit.
Old 16th December 2009, 14:28     #4591
p01s0n

I tried the coald chisel approach with no luck, twas too rounded by then and the chisel would just slip off. It was the top bolt that holds the waterneck in place on the 4ag/ze engines, for those who are familiar.
Old 16th December 2009, 21:19     #4592
Helious

I sold $1700 worth of books in the last 24hours(14 books) via Amazon. Boss is pretty happy, it's quite an intricate operation, tbh. On one hand I was happy I was able to Get It Done, on the other hand I'll fucking lose the plot if I have to keep doing this shit, I can't stand being on a computer as a requirement for my job, it's extremely unhealthy for me. Books aren't so bad though, it's almost like playing DrugWars! Apparently it's seasonal. We've got 70 cars coming in in the next 6 days, so I'm going to be WAY too busy for books. Apparently the books don't pick up until January anyways and the cars then go quiet(no one travels in NZ from January until just before Winter).

Wait a minute, is this random thoughts?

Oh yeah, my car storage website generated $600 in sales today, I only listed it using Google Ad words yesterday. So things are looking good.

I told my boss "10% of books/website goes to me" -- he said he'll think it over. Could be quite a good little earner. The profit on the books is around 30%.

What Oils My Gears? I'm the happiest I've been in over a decade.

Last edited by Helious : 16th December 2009 at 21:22.
Old 16th December 2009, 21:45     #4593
AcidFang
Impatient Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious
Oh yeah, my car storage website generated $600 in sales today, I only listed it using Google Ad words yesterday. So things are looking good.
If I wanted to store my car on your website , how do i upload it?
Old 16th December 2009, 21:57     #4594
Helious

I'd have to ring your mother and see if she could fit something that large(and she probably could) in her arse.
Old 16th December 2009, 22:13     #4595
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
girls
Oh! Riiight. Sorry poppet.

Simon: believe me, the memories are better than the pizza.
Old 16th December 2009, 23:05     #4596
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
punch the plastic, then pull at it placing stress on the heat seal.
Old 16th December 2009, 23:52     #4597
BaM
Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Do they taste better if you take the plastic off?
Old 17th December 2009, 00:04     #4598
Foggerty

Cashing in my piggy bank from this year - yes, its an actual ceramic piggy bank my dad made for me years (an years) back - and getting $322.40 to spend on a slap up dinner for me and my girlie

Plus, BBQ sauce. Oils My Gears and lubes my guts. Its fantastic.
Old 17th December 2009, 01:15     #4599
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaM
Do they taste better if you take the plastic off?
No, but you don't get the burnt plastic smell as bad.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 17th December 2009, 10:23     #4600
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggerty
Cashing in my piggy bank from this year - yes, its an actual ceramic piggy bank my dad made for me years (an years) back - and getting $322.40 to spend on a slap up dinner for me and my girlie

Plus, BBQ sauce. Oils My Gears and lubes my guts. Its fantastic.

I have an old ASB Kashun Elephant which I found a few months ago half full of 5c coins. Anyone know if the bank will take them?