Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 7th October 2014, 12:43     #2801
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
Wow, CCS was right, you do get shitty.
I thought you had been around on the forum for some time? How did you miss that? CCS and the Hate Squad don't have a monopoly on being pathetic.
Old 7th October 2014, 13:19     #2802
Spink

Wait did LS just admit to being pathetic? Most self aware I've ever seen him.
Old 7th October 2014, 13:28     #2803
CCS
Stunt Pants

It's true. I actually have a band called CCS and the Hate Squad.
Old 7th October 2014, 14:53     #2804
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
Wait did LS just admit to being pathetic? Most self aware I've ever seen him.
I've acknowledged my own faults plenty in the past. It's not something I often do as it's a pretty lonely place amongst this group of faultless elites.
Old 7th October 2014, 15:02     #2805
CCS
Stunt Pants

Lolspeed has a doo-wop band called Lolspeed and the Wah-wahs.
Old 7th October 2014, 15:04     #2806
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I've acknowledged my own faults plenty in the past. It's not something I often do as it's a pretty lonely place amongst this group of faultless elites.
Where?
Old 7th October 2014, 15:04     #2807
Lightspeed

It's true, I am sad about the people who have left NZGames citing the acrid vitriolic CCS champions as the reason for leaving.
Old 7th October 2014, 15:05     #2808
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
Where?
This forum.
Old 7th October 2014, 15:11     #2809
Spink

I'm pathetic too guys
Old 7th October 2014, 15:13     #2810
Lightspeed

Indeed.
Old 7th October 2014, 17:12     #2811
fixed_truth

Interesting discussion between Ben Affleck calls Bill Maher:

Quote:
"How about the more than a billion people who are not fanatical, who don't punish women, who just want to go to school, have some sandwiches, pray five times a day and don't do any of the things that 'all Muslims do'?" Said Affleck, leaning across the table, clearly infuriated by Maher and Harris.

"You're stereotyping. You're taking a few bad things and you're painting the whole religion with that same brush," Affleck said.
https://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/...nd-disgusting/
Old 7th October 2014, 17:19     #2812
pxpx

The entire video is much more interesting than that 30s clip. The article glosses over the meat of the conversation too.

Unfortunately it's been blocked on youtube

Affleck is a terrible debater, compared to the others on the panel.
Old 9th October 2014, 12:25     #2813
Omegakai

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...leadership-bid

I actually like this guy, he's very relatable and normal looking.
Old 9th October 2014, 13:14     #2814
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Little is a list mp who barely scraped into parliament and who has been rejected by the voters of his electorate (new plymouth) in 2 consecutive elections. In his time purportedly representing Labour to the good people of that fair city New Plymouth has gone from a wafer-thin marginal (like, 100 votes) to a 4000-vote national win in 2011 to a 9000-vote national win last month.

Little has the Labour-standard work history of student union, union, labour list, parliament. The only reason he is even considered in a leadership contest is the fact that he's the former general secretary of the Engineering, Printing, and Manufacturing Union (EPMU) and thus represents union money - well that and the fact that the EPMU delegate votes are each worth 29 Labour Party member votes.

Little is also the legal genius behind labour's preelection proposal to make cases of alleged sexual assault "guilty unless proven innocent".
Old 9th October 2014, 13:18     #2815
BoyWonder

The poll on that page could read: What role should Andrew Little play in the Labour leadership contest?
  • None - he should keep out
  • Humanitarian aid only
  • Logistical support
  • Full combat
Old 9th October 2014, 13:45     #2816
CCS
Stunt Pants

So we've got Dumb, Dumber and Dumberer.

Or is that Cunt, Useless and Fucktard?
Old 9th October 2014, 15:44     #2817
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegakai
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...leadership-bid

I actually like this guy, he's very relatable and normal looking.
Yeah like Shearer he comes across as a genuine good guy. But out of the three contenders there's only one that can tackle Key. It will be interesting to see how Littles presence effects the voting ie union support.
Old 9th October 2014, 15:49     #2818
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
out of the three contenders there's only one that can tackle Key.
Which is?
Old 9th October 2014, 16:05     #2819
fixed_truth

The guy who won the leaders debates and scored 17.9 on the last preferred leader poll after just 11 months in the job.
Old 9th October 2014, 16:20     #2820
CCS
Stunt Pants

Nah, I'm drawing a blank.
Old 9th October 2014, 19:55     #2821
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The last poll before the election was the Herald's poll of 17 September, which had Cunliffe on 16.2%. The same poll had Labour on 25.9%. In other words even BEFORE the election nearly 40% of Labour voters didn't want Cunliffe.
Old 9th October 2014, 21:10     #2822
fixed_truth

Yeah I knew the ones leading up to the election were relatively good compared to the past few years. For some reason the 17th one hasn't been included on the elections wiki page.

But yeah, easily the best of the three contenders.
Old 9th October 2014, 21:15     #2823
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I agree. Cunliffe's the worst campaigner in the history of politics, but he's STILL better than the white unionist guy from Wellington and the other white unionist guy from Wellington.
Old 9th October 2014, 23:11     #2824
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
But out of the three contenders there's only one that can tackle Key.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Seriously, are you really so deluded to think that Cuntliffe has even the slightest chance of upsetting a Key-led government? This leadership contest by Labour is just riveting stuff -- we have dumb, hypocritical fuck; fat gay unionist, and out-moded unionist (even by union standards) leading the charge. Key must be shitting his pants with fear.

I mean, this formula has worked SO well over the last few years
Old 9th October 2014, 23:58     #2825
fixed_truth

Most political commentators seemed to forecast the elections results a lot tighter and that Cunliffe had a chance to upset Key with NZF the kingmaker.
Old 10th October 2014, 00:04     #2826
cyc
Objection!

Quote:
Most political commentators seemed to forecast the elections results a lot tighter and that Cunliffe had a chance to upset Key with NZF the kingmaker.
Err, who cares about FORECASTS when people have actually voted?
Old 10th October 2014, 01:07     #2827
Lightspeed

I think political commentators and the voting public are different sets of people. Why people voted they way they did is complex, not simply because Cuncliffe = wrong guy for job, or any simple equation.
Old 10th October 2014, 08:28     #2828
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
The guy who won the leaders debates and scored 17.9 on the last preferred leader poll after just 11 months in the job.
You're saying Cunliffe won the leaders debates? That's funny.
Old 10th October 2014, 08:56     #2829
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
You're saying Cunliffe won the leaders debates? That's funny.
Not really. The 4 Herald commentators on the debates (which included the comparatively conservative Audrey Young, John Armstrong, Fran O'Sullivan) scored the 4 debates Cunliffe, Key, Cunliffe, Draw.
Old 10th October 2014, 09:14     #2830
CCS
Stunt Pants

You're kind of conflating what the commentators said. You could say he won some debates. But to use that as a pro for Cunliffe over the other Labour leadership contenders is kind of bogus, isn't it? You're comparing them against Cunliffe in something only Cunliffe has taken part in.

Debate 1 winner:
David Cunliffe
David Cunliffe
David Cunliffe
John Key

Debate 2 winner:
John Key
John Key
John Key
John Key

Debate 3 winner:
David Cunliffe
David Cunliffe
John Key
Draw

Debate 4 winner:
David Cunliffe
John Key
Draw
Winston Peters

So that's the opinion of some commentators. If you're judging the winner on who yelled over the top of the other person the most, then definitely Cunliffe wins it. But then again, I think the debates were a shameful spectacle. The loser in these debates is the public. They watch the debates and say "What a pair of cocks. I don't want to vote for either of them but maybe I should just vote for the person I loathe the least."
Old 10th October 2014, 10:24     #2831
Omegakai

"debate" pffffft whatever.
So unimpressed with the so called "debates" . DC is very good at parliamentary debate hes very strong in this area however in the public media he comes across smarmy, car sales , school boy prefect type. Which to most people is not very relatable.
Little is no were as good as DC at debating, but his public persona is way more down to earth and less showman aka more natural.

I’m interested to see what people think about JK resigning at the end of this term, because the vibe I get is he’s setting things up so he can move on with his life.
Its still early days I guess, and its all speculation, but what do our resident right wing nutters think about potential replacements for JK?
Old 10th October 2014, 10:55     #2832
CCS
Stunt Pants

Devil grin ^^^

Judith
Old 10th October 2014, 11:10     #2833
pxpx

The best man for the job is definitely the man who has already failed at that job.
Old 10th October 2014, 12:08     #2834
fixed_truth

^well not definitely, but yeah this has been the case previously.

@omega - yeah I agree on Little, the only thing that worries me is his electorate results. But as long as Robertson doesn't get in then I'll be happy.
Old 10th October 2014, 14:16     #2835
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegakai
Little ... less showman aka more natural.
Ladies and gentlemen I give you the moment that Gangnam Style died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6wBcwj59F4
Old 10th October 2014, 14:43     #2836
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
; fat gay unionist
I never realised that size & sexual orientation mattered.
Old 10th October 2014, 14:44     #2837
Spink

welcome to planet earth. It is inhabited by flawed human beings, not PC aspie automatons.
Old 10th October 2014, 14:47     #2838
Lightspeed

A great reason to act out our bullshit on whoever we please if ever their was one. "I'm only flawed, you PC aspie automaton!"
Old 10th October 2014, 14:56     #2839
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
I never realised that size & sexual orientation mattered.
Ahahaha

wait, serious?
Old 10th October 2014, 15:17     #2840
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
A great reason to act out our bullshit on whoever we please if ever their was one. "I'm only flawed, you PC aspie automaton!"
Who was saying that?