Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 24th April 2020, 05:33     #42041
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
in times of crisis the Chinese government lies. Do not believe any anything it announces. Even if it admits to lying, that admission will be a lie.
A FEW MINUTES LATER

Quote:

WUHAN, China—Authorities in Wuhan, the coronavirus pandemic’s original center, revised the local death toll upward by 50%, publicly acknowledging for the first time that they had previously omitted many fatalities, including people who died at home.

The number of deaths in Wuhan attributed to Covid-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, increased by 1,290 to 3,869, according to a notice from Wuhan health officials published Friday by China’s state-run Xinhua News Agency.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/wuhans-...ta-11587110435
I presume they deleted one death so a figure of 3870 wouldn't stand out as being so exactly a fifty percent increase.
Old 24th April 2020, 08:38     #42042
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I presume they deleted one death so a figure of 3870 wouldn't stand out as being so exactly a fifty percent increase.
A Thrippling?
Old 24th April 2020, 19:17     #42043
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

They're not even trying, and they don't care that it's obvious that they're not trying.

"OK, announce the scheduled death increase".
"How much?"
"Oh just say we were off by fifty percent."
"No, I meant 'how many deaths'."
"Why does it matter? whatever fifty percent is, say we were off by that number."
"Got it."
Old 27th April 2020, 14:07     #42044
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Big Smile

Level 4 bass restoration complete: https://imgur.com/a/DmgXfWg

Highlight includes making my own bass nut from a graphics card edge protector and a soldering iron!

It's actually less noisy than my China bass - it could be the aftermarket pickups themselves, or the fact I twisted the pickup wires around each other before they get soldered to the control knobs. After leaving it under tension, the neck seems to be a bit better than it was last night, and the fret rattles have gone away! I'm very pleased with the result.
Old 29th April 2020, 00:10     #42045
Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Level 4 bass restoration complete: https://imgur.com/a/DmgXfWg

Highlight includes making my own bass nut from a graphics card edge protector and a soldering iron!

It's actually less noisy than my China bass - it could be the aftermarket pickups themselves, or the fact I twisted the pickup wires around each other before they get soldered to the control knobs. After leaving it under tension, the neck seems to be a bit better than it was last night, and the fret rattles have gone away! I'm very pleased with the result.
Thats awesome, thanks for sharing the detail, the pictures, and the fuckups. Great end result.
Old 29th April 2020, 20:32     #42046
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-...ights/12180704

Quote:
I'm in downtown Warsaw in the middle of Europe's biggest far-right rally and it's messing with my mind.

The weird part isn't the souvenir stands selling anti-Muslim t-shirts or the angry young men wearing skull masks and chanting "faggots forbidden".

That's standard for an ultranationalist rally.

What's really jarring is the sight of priests standing behind them clutching rosaries.

Then there are the old ladies singing songs about bashing Marxists and the young families who've brought their babies out in prams to celebrate the parade.

In Poland, ultranationalists aren't just obsessed with white civilisation and getting rid of foreigners.

They're also big on Catholic family values and determined to stamp out what they see as decadent Western liberalism.

"You know what Marxists and Lefties are afraid of?" far-right leader Robert Bakiewicz shouts to the crowd of 60,000.

"They are afraid of this," he says, holding up a crucifix and kissing it.
well that all sounds super great
Old 30th April 2020, 00:45     #42047
drl

So apparently gameplanet died, but fuck gameplanet. I immediately wanted to see if nzgames was still going and it was, even though I was never a big part of the community or anything under my many aliases and haven''t even logged in for years.

In short, hi all, and probably see you in a decade or whatever.
Old 30th April 2020, 01:08     #42048
Lightspeed

Well, at least you picked a more appropriate thread for your fly-by comment than some.
Old 30th April 2020, 12:18     #42049
Cyberbob

Company's asking for voluntary salary reductions, and in the same breath saying those that don't volunteer will have their roles disestablished through restructure. That sounds not quite legal. Any armchair employment lawyers want to chip in?
Old 30th April 2020, 12:26     #42050
crocos

This armchair lawyer says yes it is illegal if they're outright saying that. If they DON'T outright say that? Then they have wriggle-room.

Also if they have actually said that, diarise it carefully and get an ACTUAL employment lawyer only if they put your job on the block.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية

Last edited by crocos : 30th April 2020 at 12:28.
Old 30th April 2020, 15:12     #42051
blynk

Agreed, keep every communication with them and notes of any verbal conversations (you could ask for it to written in email from them).

One of my friends working for a Travel company was told some things around the allowance which I believe were not lawful, but he didn't want to rock the boat because he may lose his job.

While it's hard because Im not in the situation, the company can't be unlawful, and can't threaten their job to do something.

Even if you do what is asked now and take it to an employment lawyer after.
Old 1st May 2020, 14:29     #42052
MadMax
Stuff

Lawl who just knocked out the internet for Wellington + Upper Hutt. Might be Vodafone only ...
Old 2nd May 2020, 00:38     #42053
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Epic

https://twitter.com/KimHelt/status/1247901645771431936
Old 2nd May 2020, 01:03     #42054
crocos

Perfect!

Old 2nd May 2020, 10:47     #42055
Ajax
Architeuthis

Today a few tweets by Elon Musk wiped off $14 billion USD in value from Tesla stock.
Old 2nd May 2020, 13:34     #42056
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

He's a clever guy so I presume his tweets have some ulterior motive.
Old 2nd May 2020, 14:05     #42057
crocos

Probably intending a stock buy. Why else fuck your stock price like that?

Old 2nd May 2020, 15:39     #42058
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Elon also knows that it doesn't take much interference from the White House to fuck up his supply chain. A few tweets here and there that make him look like a redneck Trumper may give the share price a wobble but it probably keeps him off the radar of the White House.
Old 6th May 2020, 15:41     #42059
StN
I have detailed files

So, Nasa is going to enable Tom to get close to Xenu?
Old 15th May 2020, 12:40     #42060
Redneck

Playing Pool of Radiance. God those old RPGs are savage

"The monsters rejoice for the party has been destroyed" x1000
Old 15th May 2020, 17:47     #42061
crocos

I blew my nose. Go me right?
My phone interpreted that as "OK Google, view alarms". Smarter they get, the dumber they are.

Old 21st May 2020, 17:27     #42062
MadMax
Stuff

^ Classic android.

My Son borrowed my old Lenovo X200 for his school study during lock down. It performed perfectly and I was super surprised at how well it ran some freebie 3D games he managed to get onto it. It’s running the current version of Windows 10. SSD installed of course.

This got me thinking. That laptop is from 2008 so 12 years old. How long before we see mobile phones that last that long and are still running a current OS with updates? I mean the iPhone 3G was released back in 2008 ffs. Other popular phones of the time were Nokia phones running Symbian and Blackberries.
Old 21st May 2020, 17:31     #42063
Cyberbob

Speaking of random tech, Amazon Echo didn't last a month before I unplugged it and never touched it again. Was a novelty and nothing more.
Old 26th May 2020, 14:53     #42064
Trigga*happY

NZ Gamers - First Class

Hey old timers... gonna get serious on all you guys for a minute. I just commemorated the one year anniversary of my fathers passing. He died after fighting prostate cancer for 17 years, some good, some bad. What it has reminded me - is that we're all gettin old

I can remember most of y'all faces from back in the day - but haven't seen most of you in a very long time. But - regardless of that fact, i'd hate to lose any of you to an early grave.

I'm 43 now, and i know some of you are even older. It's an ugly truth that we all have to face some day. If you haven't done anything about it. Schedule ya man checks. I promise you, prostate cancer is an ugly way to go.

Lotsa man love to you all!

Trig
Old 26th May 2020, 16:11     #42065
Lightspeed

Old 26th May 2020, 17:01     #42066
MadMax
Stuff

^ compulsory reading https://www.whitcoulls.co.nz/product...manual-6248131
Old 27th May 2020, 10:33     #42067
Cyberbob

Work's getting me to retroactively set & score my own goals/KPI's for last year.

How can I have fun with this?
Old 27th May 2020, 12:12     #42068
StN
I have detailed files

Hmm - I have the option of a support person for an upcoming meeting...
Old 27th May 2020, 14:41     #42069
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Oh shit.

Best of luck mate.
Old 27th May 2020, 15:25     #42070
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Ah crap. Reminder: HR are not your friend.
Old 27th May 2020, 18:29     #42071
Trigga*happY

I tend to take someone to "those" meetings. Never mind for the support, but just as a second set of eyes and ears to listen for any crap, or watch for any traps that may be lurking. Also, memory is fallible. Two memories are better than one. Heck if it IS that bad. Ask if you can record the whole meeting maybe?
Old 27th May 2020, 20:11     #42072
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Oh shit.

Best of luck mate.
Some staff impacted, but selfishly Ok.
Old 29th May 2020, 12:29     #42073
Nich

Minnesota is on fire ya'll

https://twitter.com/hellaindividual/...378316802?s=21
Old 29th May 2020, 16:15     #42074
Nich

and The Onion once again is more honest than the mainstream

Protestors Criticized For Looting Businesses Without Forming Private Equity Firm First
https://www.theonion.com/protestors-...eonion_twitter
Old 29th May 2020, 22:09     #42075
Nich

Holy crap

https://twitter.com/EgyptianWeeknd/s...06570041487367

Quote:
LIVE VIDEO: The fire alarms just went off at the third precinct. There are fires everywhere. Ammunition is exploding. #minneapolisriots #BlackLivesMatter

https://twitter.com/Julio_Rosas11/st...14798326464513

Quote:
This is the moment when Minneapolis police officers abandoned the 3rd precinct building. Rioters chased them as they left and continued to throw objects at the police vehicles.
Police buildings being looted and set on fire... shit is escalating
Old 29th May 2020, 22:21     #42076
Lightspeed

I saw a report where a local official was playing things down. "Only" three precincts on fire and a few surrounding buildings.
Old 29th May 2020, 22:59     #42077
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Some staff impacted, but selfishly Ok.
Prepare plans b and c.
Old 30th May 2020, 15:02     #42078
Nich

NYPD police cars on fire now, CNN HQ atlanta getting hammered. Federal building in Washinton DC now spray painted with "FUCK TRUMP".

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ght-nationwide

The police officer responsible for the murder has been sentenced. The nationwide social unrest is no longer about justice, or police brutality. It is now about retribution and may morph into some kind of reform movement.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN2351DF
Old 30th May 2020, 15:06     #42079
Nich

https://twitter.com/TerriGreenUSA/st...173765633?s=20

Quote:
CURRENT RIOTS/PROTESTS

This isn’t going to end well.

Louisville, KY
Minneapolis, MN
Atlanta, GA
Los Angeles, CA
Evansville, IN