Old 7th August 2022, 13:31     #1
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Springboks dominate the ABs

Jesus, the media coverage is brutal:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/how...PF5YM3WHN4OPQ/
Old 7th August 2022, 18:52     #2
_Incubus_

I watched the replay this morning and have to agree with many of the brutal assessments. 'Insipid All Blacks' would have been my headline..

Not sure Foster has much longer in charge, I was bemused by living in a state of denial interview comments Fozzie made...
Old 7th August 2022, 19:45     #3
Lightspeed

I'm not really in the scene, perhaps someone can offer some better insight. However from what I've been reading over the years is grass roots rugby in NZ has gone through considerable decline.

Which makes sense, with funding at the community level being what it is, there's no reason to assume rugby clubs would be exempt.
Old 9th August 2022, 08:19     #4
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
I watched the replay this morning and have to agree with many of the brutal assessments. 'Insipid All Blacks' would have been my headline..

Not sure Foster has much longer in charge, I was bemused by living in a state of denial interview comments Fozzie made...
Saying its there best performance of the year was an idiotic comment to make.

Doctor: I'm sorry, your husband died during surgery. But on the bright side, it was my best surgery so far.
Old 14th August 2022, 07:56     #5
_Incubus_

Just finished watching the rematch...not sure I agree with some of the "Awesome All Blacks" headlines...

Definitely some improvement..Will Jordan is the man under the high ball.
Old 19th August 2022, 12:47     #6
_Incubus_

Not surprised that NZRFU stuck with their man...have zero confidence that we will fire at the RWC.
Old 19th August 2022, 18:15     #7
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
Not surprised that NZRFU stuck with their man...have zero confidence that we will fire at the RWC.
They are trying out the reverse of the normal, where we are awesome going into the RWC and we lose. Lets take some pressure off the team, so then they can remain focussed.

I wonder what the discussions with Robertson were.
Old 22nd August 2022, 07:13     #8
_Incubus_

I'd like to think they had that much of a focused plan...I'm not sure being conservative is the same thing...

Razor would be totally within his rights to do the big OE...100% after the next RWC he is coaching at the international level.Might not be for us, but he will be at that level.