NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > Games and Mods > Console Forum
User Name
Password

Old 8th August 2014, 21:18     #1
p-b

Destiny

These forums are pretty quiet these days.

Anyone pre-ordered Destiny?
Old 9th August 2014, 10:55     #2
IoriDyson

bought a ps4 and got my preorder all paid up. the beta was amazing.
Old 9th August 2014, 11:20     #3
p-b

Yeah, I really enjoyed it.

A bit worried that the extent of the content will be based mostly on replaying missions at different/higher levels, but it was fun to play with mates.
Old 13th August 2014, 16:25     #4
FireStorm
Holmium

Played it on Xbox One. I enjoyed it. Haven't pre-ordered it but seriously considering it. Felt a bit like borderlands 2 but more serious. I likey.
Old 22nd August 2014, 07:21     #5
xpandnz

Got it preordered on Xbox One. Been jamming D3 on that lately. Pretty sweet.
Old 8th September 2014, 13:29     #6
IoriDyson

Woo, picking it up tomorrow! Also got Tuesday and Wednesday off work.
Old 11th September 2014, 16:28     #7
p-b

How are we all finding it so far?

I am enjoying it but I only planned to play it with a few friends (on Xbox One). As a result, I'm finding it hard to get into when they are not there - which is quite often. The whole reason I got it was so that I could play it co-op but the only matchmaking that exists is on the strikes missions, of which there aren't terribly many.

God knows how I'm every going to get my friends in one place for the raids.

Lack of general or proximity voice chat also seems to make it harder to join up with randoms.
Old 28th October 2014, 18:20     #8
_Incubus_

My group finished the Vault of Glass, man that was insane..around 13 hours of hard out gaming..

I have not enjoyed playing anything this much since back in the old quake days..
Old 28th October 2014, 21:21     #9
Blizzard

Well that's good to hear, I'm planning on picking up a PS4 for the main family Xmas present this year.
Skylanders for the kids and thinking of games for me (that I can't play on the new PC)..Destiny was the only one that stood out (even though I loath to play an FPS with a controller).
Old 1st June 2015, 07:35     #10
Blizzard

So is anyone still playing this?
I got the trial version when I got my PS4 @ Xmas - but after a painful few attempts to play through the starting area on a controller I gave up.
I gave it another attempt in the last month and finally something clicked with using the controller, and I started to enjoy it and ended up levelling all 3 classes to nearly 7 (trial limit).

It was at this stage that I had to make a decision...to buy the full game or not. Then I heard about the XIM4, and the decision was as good as made. Managed to find someone selling one on Trademe, and I got the Warehouse to match NZGameshop's price on the game (still surprised it's full price).

So now I'm just about level 11 on my Hunter (main)...and finding it hugely more fun with a M&K...(perhaps this is frowned upon in the hardcore community, but it got me playing anyway)...and wonder if any NZG'rs are online?

Last edited by Blizzard : 1st June 2015 at 07:39.
Old 9th June 2015, 21:42     #11
Blizzard

I guess the sound of the tumbleweed blowing by is my answer

Old 1st July 2015, 20:22     #12
_Incubus_

Once you reach end game there is no variety...its the same fucking thing over and over again, the drop rate on items is fucked, there isnt a story...its basically the gaming version of playing the pokies...bright and colorful, no substance and you feel like you wasted your money at the end of the day.