NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 3rd January 2009, 12:23     #6401
Mickey

John Travolta lost his son on Friday to a seizure. Hope the media let him grieve without hounding him.
Old 3rd January 2009, 13:11     #6402
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Oscar nominated writer Donald Westlake has died at the age of 75. I hope the media don't hound his family at this sad time.

Former Starsky And Hutch star Bernie Hamilton has died aged 80. Please media....let his family be.
Old 3rd January 2009, 13:56     #6403
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Yeah I'm sure the media watch this thread like hawks and will be sure to comply with your heartfelt wishes.

o.O
Old 3rd January 2009, 16:31     #6404
Helious

I'm atm watching Top Gun on Bluray and jesus christ.. Tom Cruise has a monobrow !
Old 3rd January 2009, 16:34     #6405
dead goon

I hope you're wearing pants this time!
Old 3rd January 2009, 19:14     #6406
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
I'm atm watching Top Gun on Bluray and jesus christ.. Tom Cruise has a monobrow !
Totally. I don't get his status as a 'sex symbol'. He's vertically challenged, weird, short, has a big nose, stocky, has eyes really close together is too close to the ground, and has a monobrow. Oh, and he's not tall enough. What's to like?
Old 3rd January 2009, 19:19     #6407
Helious

To add to that -- he has a weird chest, he looks like he has breasts. His teeth are fucked, his top middle-right tooth is where a normal persons top middle-left would be and it appears to be about 1.5x the normal size.

I guess it's his Charisma.
Old 3rd January 2009, 19:23     #6408
chiQ
Frag-muff

He has no charisma

And he's totally going to have a hump when he gets old. That man has the worst posture. I'm amazed his publicist hasn't sorted that out. They waxed the brow.
Old 3rd January 2009, 19:38     #6409
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

ITS OVER 9000!!!!
Old 3rd January 2009, 21:34     #6410
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
Totally. I don't get his status as a 'sex symbol'. He's vertically challenged, weird, short, has a big nose, stocky, has eyes really close together is too close to the ground, and has a monobrow. Oh, and he's not tall enough. What's to like?
He's an alpha male. Before he was blasted everywhere for being scientology he was cool.
Old 3rd January 2009, 21:44     #6411
xor

Just checked out prices to rent out a 2 person campervan with a shower/toilet. It costs about $200 per day. It's cheaper to drive from town to town and stay in nice hotels rather than renting out a cramped campervan where your shit fumes stain the air
Old 3rd January 2009, 21:48     #6412
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
He's an alpha male. Before he was blasted everywhere for being scientology he was cool.
Nah, he's a squib.

When Cruise was young and blasting through Hollywood I preferred Val Kilmer and John Cusack. When he grew up I preferred just about everybody. I was never a Cruise fan, though he's been quite good in one or two things, from memory. I can't name them right now, but I remember enjoying something he was in. He was just never hot.

Funnily enough I remember also thinking he seemed like a nice, sensible dude back in the 90s after seeing a couple of interviews. Boy, was I wrong.
Old 3rd January 2009, 22:16     #6413
xor

Different strokes for different folks. He's still Maverick and nobody can beat that. I've heard some stories of him when he came to nz for the filming of the last Samurai and the locals thought he was a cool genuine guy.
Old 3rd January 2009, 23:13     #6414
Mickey

I loved him in Cocktail but not a lot else since that. Seems like a nice guy but I've never seen him as a sex symbol that half the world seems to think he is.

Last edited by Mickey : 3rd January 2009 at 23:14.
Old 3rd January 2009, 23:56     #6415
Spink

I'm pretty sure cruise is just a sex symbol because he banged kidman and holmes
Old 4th January 2009, 00:56     #6416
caffiend

If Scott Dixon doesn't win the Halberg award this year it will be a travesty.
Old 4th January 2009, 12:32     #6417
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Could it be that Titor was right after all?

http://sec.online.wsj.com/article/SB...709638419.html

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
Old 4th January 2009, 12:42     #6418
Sgt Seb
Up Unt At Dem!

I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) but I can see why Tom Cruise was a sex symbol, at least in the 80s-early 90s. The reason is his smile - the 'million dollar' smile. He is short, yes, but most actors tend to be short, because short people tend to have better symmetry which looks better on camera.
Old 4th January 2009, 13:06     #6419
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Urgh

When Tom Cruise did Top Gun he had crooked teeth and a wonky nose

I was a teenage girl at the time and thought he was hideous. I have never changed my mind.

He got a nose job and his teeth straightened. When he smiles it comes across as fake and a little bit crazy.

And his front two teeth are off to one side so he doesn't have the line between his front teeth line up with the centre of his face.

Strange little man
Old 4th January 2009, 13:06     #6420
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus

hey where is the enclave
Old 4th January 2009, 13:25     #6421
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
hey where is the enclave
Nah, 67 years too soon.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 4th January 2009, 13:31     #6422
crocos

Quote:

LOL. Even his peers in the Russian sociopolitical sciences are calling him a crank.

Last edited by crocos : 4th January 2009 at 13:32.
Old 4th January 2009, 14:12     #6423
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
LOL. Even his peers in the Russian sociopolitical sciences are calling him a crank.
Just like everyone mocked Peter Schiff :P
Old 4th January 2009, 16:31     #6424
Rep

Gaza, poor basturds

http://firedoglake.com/2009/01/03/gaza-ground-invasion/

this is gonna be worse than jenin (2k).
Old 4th January 2009, 17:07     #6425
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

and while were at it, what the fuck is with the braindead palestine supportors who are suddenly everywhere? newsflash: both sides are at fault.

and lets not get into who started it.. who the fuck knows anymore, its too deep. israel is there, and hamas needs to deal with it, not drag the world into MORE war. for what its worth, i think israel should be removed from the region. but rocket attacks against a superior foe is just going to enrage said foe.
Old 4th January 2009, 17:36     #6426
crocos

Quote:
Just like everyone mocked Peter Schiff :P
Granted, but Schiff wasn't talking about wholesale take-over by folks that (for the most part) don't even speak the same language, and that's a VERY short timeframe for the huge level of change that has been predicted.

Old 4th January 2009, 17:45     #6427
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
and while were at it, what the fuck is with the braindead palestine supportors who are suddenly everywhere? newsflash: both sides are at fault.
Yeah I settled back down when they went back to the norm of 100 palestinians dead and around 570+ injured, per 1 Israeli casualty.
Was thinking of doing some more supporting when it initially crept up to around 200-300 per early on, but now it's fine and not worth worrying about.
Old 4th January 2009, 19:00     #6428
Redneck

Israel are an occupying power that should have relinquished control decades ago. Their arrogant, unforgiving tactics ensured the creation of a militant, brutalized population. For the rocket attacks they have no one to blame but themselves.
Old 4th January 2009, 21:00     #6429
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Yep, Israel is an evil country. I'm waiting for Iran to go and sort them out.
Old 4th January 2009, 21:50     #6430
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Granted, but Schiff wasn't talking about wholesale take-over by folks that (for the most part) don't even speak the same language, and that's a VERY short timeframe for the huge level of change that has been predicted.
For sure. I don't trust the prediction - I was just surprised that it's a Titor prediction being spouted by someone other than a time traveller :P
Old 4th January 2009, 22:20     #6431
crocos

Heh, true that

Old 4th January 2009, 22:21     #6432
caffiend

The bitches can get mah door. And while they at it, mah watermelon ay-and mah money.
Old 5th January 2009, 00:31     #6433
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Israel are an occupying power that should have relinquished control decades ago. Their arrogant, unforgiving tactics ensured the creation of a militant, brutalized population. For the rocket attacks they have no one to blame but themselves.
this is what im talking about - who cares who started it, its never going to get any better until both sides sort shit out and forgive. likely? probably not. but hurling attacks at each other isnt going to do much either.
Old 5th January 2009, 07:25     #6434
Spink

Saw this on bluesnews yesterday made me lol.

Subscribers to The Lord of the Rings Online are finding themselves unable to login to Turbine's MMORPG this morning, as an apparent oversight has allowed the game's SSL certificate to expire. As noted in The Lord of the Rings Online Forums, a workaround has been identified, as setting your system clock to a date before today should allow players to enter the game until the SSL situation is cleared up.
Old 5th January 2009, 09:04     #6435
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Seb
I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) but I can see why Tom Cruise was a sex symbol...
I'm not gay either, but he was totally hot in Tropic Thunder - those big forearms, and that killer haircut.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:34     #6436
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
for what its worth, i think israel should be removed from the region
Why?
Old 5th January 2009, 12:25     #6437
chiQ
Frag-muff

It seems like the people here who see why Tom Cruise is/was hot are the guys. That's kind of interesting. I guess he's a "Man's Man"
Old 5th January 2009, 12:33     #6438
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Why?
because it hasnt existed there for 2000 years, so it shouldnt have been replaced there. especially considering muslim control of jerusalem was taken from them. they have every right to be pissed off, but that doesnt mean rocket attacks are considered fair play. the country of israel died 2000 years ago, and should have stayed that way, rather than the ad-hoc frankenstein's monster it is today.
Old 5th January 2009, 12:36     #6439
Mickey

Do guys really find Cate Blanchett hot?
Old 5th January 2009, 12:40     #6440
leadinjector

Cate Blanchett is anti hot. she has the look of someone who is a starfish in bed and also looks much much older than she is (unless she is in fact 50+)

maybe its just taste but she is pretty much the exact opposite of what i would find attractive- skinny, pasty, cold eyes, narrow features.