Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > Games and Mods > Gaming Forum
User Name
Password

Old 23rd September 2014, 17:35     #4401
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Sign him up to NZGames, he never will!
He's not emotionally traumatised enough yet to be burdened with black and white thinking as much as you are.
Old 23rd September 2014, 17:43     #4402
Lightspeed

lolz, I beg your pardon?
Old 23rd September 2014, 18:25     #4403
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Certain words edited because if there's any thread on NZG he's likely to peek in on, it's this one.
Old 23rd September 2014, 22:06     #4404
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

platforms done.

Just think about the water sweep - water flows over slabs now

Need to come up with a plan. The bottom is 16x16 (as it should be), so put cobble in half that. Just want it to flow towards the top end of the stairs. That side will be the Drowning Pool (and Bodies will hit the floor)
Old 23rd September 2014, 23:55     #4405
Rivertrog

Oh dear. yes I think I must have been talking to the fake curses the other night. note to self. don't give diamonds to ANYONE, who knows what will happen.
At least my downstairs chests are intact.
A good reminder to change minecraft pass
Old 24th September 2014, 08:49     #4406
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
platforms done.

Just think about the water sweep - water flows over slabs now

Need to come up with a plan. The bottom is 16x16 (as it should be), so put cobble in half that. Just want it to flow towards the top end of the stairs. That side will be the Drowning Pool (and Bodies will hit the floor)
ok - I think this is how it has to be:
- floor is 16x16, right? Plus 3 on all sides. So 22x22.
- 22 needs 3 levels to get water flowing across (water will flow out 8, then stop, so make the water start points 8 apart)
- floor has to be raised up 3 high, because we are at bedrock.

therefore, might remove the bottom platform to make room for the killing floor & drowning pool.

Reality is: if you want to help, we need (1) that 3x3 outer ring removed from Y=0 to Y=40 *sigh*; (2) the staircase moved toward the main trap, so we can walk straigh down to teh collection pit.... unless you want safefalls + ladders

Last edited by Rince : 24th September 2014 at 08:51.
Old 24th September 2014, 13:16     #4407
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStorm

Harsh but much needed lessons for the boy AB. He seems like a nice kid though!
Chur

He took me for a tour of the slime pit last night, those excavations look pretty fucking massive. He was very proud of his contributions.

Old 24th September 2014, 14:39     #4408
FireStorm
Holmium

Rince and Crocos are the dudes! Both have come up with some pretty epic mob traps / redstone sorting devices.

My current goal is to get an exp farm in the end for Endermen. Has anyone found the stronghold yet? If not, got an spare enderpearls? I have about 10 but will need more to locate and activate the portal.

Might get the stronghold ready and organise a trip into the end to take out the dragon.
Old 24th September 2014, 14:46     #4409
crocos

Hey mate,

According to this there's 3:
-540 -668
884 28
-348 1124

Seed is "BigHairyBalls"

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 24th September 2014, 15:22     #4410
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

water put down for slime. Now started digging out the 3x3 channel around the outside.

it'll be a bigger channel (on teh bottom layer) on the side that the water flows towards - that'll be drowning pool... just need to work out how he (the youtube vid tutorial guy) does the collection part. I've only skimmed thru the tut, and he doesn't really mention it
Old 24th September 2014, 20:11     #4411
FireStorm
Holmium

It seems that slime farms are less efficient now. One suggestion I saw was to look for multiple slime chunks next to each other. I have found a few. Perhaps an option?
Old 25th September 2014, 00:14     #4412
Rivertrog

There's now a tunnel from near spawn - follow the wooden path and the entry is on one of the islands past that - will do some better signage etc later, to the stronghold near 884,28 - goes underground most of the way and comes up near the stronghold - I've put some torches around a pond which is near it and there's a tunnel that goes down to it.

Needs a bit more excavation and so on - there are a ton of annoying spawners nearby
Old 25th September 2014, 07:52     #4413
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
It seems that slime farms are less efficient now. One suggestion I saw was to look for multiple slime chunks next to each other. I have found a few. Perhaps an option?
Ok, I've invested quite a bit time in the current one :-)
I think it'll be fine

Trogs... sweet!
Old 25th September 2014, 07:53     #4414
pxpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivertrog
there are a ton of annoying spawners nearby
Any skeleton spawners? Would be good to make an XP grinder
Old 25th September 2014, 09:57     #4415
FireStorm
Holmium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivertrog
There's now a tunnel from near spawn - follow the wooden path and the entry is on one of the islands past that - will do some better signage etc later, to the stronghold near 884,28 - goes underground most of the way and comes up near the stronghold - I've put some torches around a pond which is near it and there's a tunnel that goes down to it.

Needs a bit more excavation and so on - there are a ton of annoying spawners nearby
Nice Trogs. I have plenty of enderpearls now. Just need a few blaze rods and we can dominate the end. Been refreshing my memory in regards to the best techniques for endermen farming and as of 1.8, it seems to involve lots of slimecubes.

Last night, I hunted for a 3chunk slime chunk and I found one under the ocean. Not too far from our spawn. I managed to setup a good area with easy access to/from the ocean surface. The beauty of this, the ocean goes down to Y=43. So there's no mobs able to spawn above the slime chunks. Found a few ravines/caves near by and lit them up. Already had 3 LARGE slimes spawn while I've been excavating the top/first level. Definitely something to consider Rince, as my old slime chunk near my base basically spawns nothing. . It's also not affected by the mob spawner, as that's so close to your slime chunks, it may affect the spawning rate.
Old 25th September 2014, 12:48     #4416
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Strange yours doesn't spawn slime.
As I work on mine, I'm having to stop working constantly to kill off Slime.

Up to you, obviously I like the location mine is in :-)
Old 25th September 2014, 13:20     #4417
FireStorm
Holmium

Mine was situated near mineshafts, probably too many spawning in the mineshafts. If yours is working, then great! Lets keep up with that one.
Old 25th September 2014, 13:32     #4418
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
Any skeleton spawners? Would be good to make an XP grinder
There's a skele spawner behind the trap (look for + shaped derp pillar behind and to the right in the water). Actually considered destroying it as it may conflict with spawner, but torched it up instead for now.

Old 25th September 2014, 18:14     #4419
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

I was talking to FS in-game. My slime trap is too low - the drowning pool is lined with hoppers, connected to a chest - thats how they get slimeballs out without smallest slimes getting out too. And I'm down to bedrock

he came up with a good solution: "creatively" remove some bedrock... *cough*

plus - signs in mid-air? Apparently hold shift while placing the sign on another sign
Old 25th September 2014, 18:24     #4420
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

hmm... can't log onto th realm server to test though
Old 26th September 2014, 10:20     #4421
FireStorm
Holmium

I found a blaze spawner in the nether fortress and enclosed it in cobble. Blazes are now easy to farm and I got 21 blaze rods in about 10 minutes. If you want me to show you where it is, let me know. It's fairly safe. Please don't destroy the spawner!

Trogs showed me where the stronghold portal is, might be an idea if Crocos could create a TP to it? It seems quite far away. Otherwise, not a huge problem. I have all the eye of enders needed to open the portal. Just wondering who is wanting to join me to take on the Ender Dragon?
Old 26th September 2014, 10:51     #4422
crocos

Quote:
I was talking to FS in-game. My slime trap is too low [...] solution: "creatively" remove some bedrock... *cough*
Ooor just fill in the bottom spawning floor But seriously, unless you want to go down to the bottom of the trap to collect any slimeballs each time, if the trap is so low that we're needing to take out the bedrock, we will be unable to have any form of item elevator to pump the items to the top again.

Quote:
I found a blaze spawner [...]Please don't destroy the spawner!
If it does get destroyed by accident I've figured out how to create another

Quote:
stronghold portal [...] create a TP to it?
Can do. Will hit up yourself or Trogs for the location.

Quote:
Just wondering who is wanting to join me to take on the Ender Dragon?
I'd definitely be up for it - remember to bring pumpkins so the endermen don't target ya. Suggestions for time & day?

I can also do a /spawnpoint @a so that if we die we'll all arrive back at the entry to the portal (rather than needing to trek from our various beds) along with an armor equipper with a basic iron armor set (and not by Commandblock either) to get people back to the fight quickly.

Last edited by crocos : 26th September 2014 at 10:55.
Old 26th September 2014, 11:10     #4423
FireStorm
Holmium

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Can do. Will hit up yourself or Trogs for the location.

I'd definitely be up for it - remember to bring pumpkins so the endermen don't target ya. Suggestions for time & day?

I can also do a /spawnpoint @a so that if we die we'll all arrive back at the entry to the portal (rather than needing to trek from our various beds) along with an armor equipper with a basic iron armor set (and not by Commandblock either) to get people back to the fight quickly.
The loc for the stronghold is: x892, y70, z35. I've setup a jack'o'lantern tower next to it.

Time/Day, I suppose any evening will be fine. Depends if you guys are free? Maybe 8pm NZT tonight/tomorrow/sun? Not sure how hard the end will be with the new endermites. They only appear if an enderman TPs I believe.
Old 26th September 2014, 15:45     #4424
crocos

I could do 8:30 or after tonight, pretty much anytime tomorrow night, but Sundays I'm usually out with the folks.
If I do some set-up work tonight for backup equippage & TP, how about we hit this tomorrow night?

Quote:
Not sure how hard the end will be with the new endermites. They only appear if an enderman TPs I believe.
Nope.
Quote:
Endermites do not currently spawn naturally in any biome or dimension. Instead they occasionally appear when the player throws an Ender Pearl. Ender Pearls have a 5% chance of spawning an Endermite when used.

Last edited by crocos : 26th September 2014 at 15:48.
Old 26th September 2014, 16:01     #4425
pxpx

I could probably do tomorrow night... Got tickets to Cirque du Soleil tonight!

9pm Sat?
Old 26th September 2014, 16:47     #4426
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
9pm Sat?
Works for me. Anyone else?

Old 26th September 2014, 19:44     #4427
FireStorm
Holmium

9pm Sat sounds good to me too!
Old 26th September 2014, 21:00     #4428
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Ooor just fill in the bottom spawning floor But seriously, unless you want to go down to the bottom of the trap to collect any slimeballs each time, if the trap is so low that we're needing to take out the bedrock, we will be unable to have any form of item elevator to pump the items to the top again.
I think you need to take a look then you'll see what i mean. As for a item elevator, it was never a consideration. You need to be close to get them spawning. I'll try to sketch something and see if I can explain my thoughts better :-)
Old 26th September 2014, 21:09     #4429
crocos

You need to be within the chunk range to get them to spawn; as long as your Y value is not greater than 128 you're golden.

Too drunk right now to remember that chunk range, I'll admit, lol

Last edited by crocos : 26th September 2014 at 21:14.
Old 26th September 2014, 23:02     #4430
FireStorm
Holmium

Crocos, when you get a chance, mind checking your emails. More stuff has gone missing from my base. Need you to check logs for me please.
Old 27th September 2014, 02:57     #4431
crocos

OK folks: One of MHGNZG, Trogs, Pxpx, Rince, Holmium or Waldo has been trolling since I was last on going by how the nether portal has been vandalised.

Holmium is also complaining of stuff missing - again - and thought it must have been MHGNZG (this is a fair assumption given I've checked the logs and the only one on between the times Holmium specified was himself and MHG)

That being said, Holmium/Firestorm's activity is the most like Curses was when his acct was hijacked by trolls, so change your password man.

I don't really care who did what, but this needs to stop or I'm happy to take my toys and storm off back to my own little nest. I'm happy to keep this instance running as long as it's not annoying; as long as it's low effort to maintain. I do not like it when people wreck other folks hard work.

Old 27th September 2014, 09:22     #4432
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

might change my password - 'tis a good reminder on security.

but - sucks things get vandalised. I would hate to think it is one of us. That defeats teh purpose
Everyone should probably change their passwords, eh? :/
Old 27th September 2014, 10:12     #4433
crocos

Quote:
Everyone should probably change their passwords, eh? :/
Yep, maybe the email password too if it's EVER been the same as your Mojang password.

Old 27th September 2014, 12:41     #4434
FireStorm
Holmium

My password is a 16 digit random password. Changed last week. My email is protected with 2 factor authentication. At 7:30 I logged out to goto dinner. I logged off in the nether next to the blaze farm. Around 8:45 or so I logged back in and I was still there with same gear etc. Crocos, did I log in again between those two times?

One other thing to consider, the nether blaze farm is some distance from the portal. My house is not in the spawn portal region, it's at the eastern outpost, which means if my account was accessed by someone else, they'd need to know all of this, including my secret entrance to my base. It seems rather unlikely.
Old 27th September 2014, 13:01     #4435
FireStorm
Holmium

Oh one thing. The guys I showed the way to get into my base, I've added another layer of security. It's pretty dangerous now. Let me show you the way in or you probably will lose your gear.
Old 27th September 2014, 15:03     #4436
crocos

Quote:
Crocos, did I log in again between those two times?
Sessons were:
Holmium 19:10 to 19:45
MHGNZG 21:05 - 21:54
Holmium 21:39 to 22:27
trogs2010 23:02 to 23:13
Holmium 23:16 to 00:19
trogs2010 23:30 to 23:51

Old 27th September 2014, 16:21     #4437
FireStorm
Holmium

Quote:
Sessons were:
Holmium 19:10 to 19:45
MHGNZG 21:05 - 21:54
Holmium 21:39 to 22:27
trogs2010 23:02 to 23:13
Holmium 23:16 to 00:19
trogs2010 23:30 to 23:51
Yeah, those were the times I logged in/out.
Old 27th September 2014, 18:39     #4438
Spink

No IP logs crocos?
Old 27th September 2014, 18:53     #4439
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
No IP logs crocos?
Not with Realms, no.

Old 28th September 2014, 13:32     #4440
MHG

hi everyone, it was me and i am sorry for taking holmiums things. i found coal in the hill under holmium's house and i took some things i am very sorry and i will never and i mean NEVER take anything again and i will put everything back in holmiums house ok sorry =[