NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > Games and Mods > Role-Playing Games > NZ WoW Guild stuff
User Name
Password

Old 29th December 2008, 09:43     #1
StN
I have detailed files

Ok - How much..?

The lad picked up a copy of WoW and wants to have a crack - but before he chews up all his pocket money, what does it cost per month to run an account?

He also wants to get into StarWars Galaxies - similar question.

Last edited by StN : 29th December 2008 at 09:46.
Old 29th December 2008, 10:31     #2
luke sky walker

40-50$ for a gamecard from the shops which lasts for 60 days otherwise credit card don't know how much that is someone else will,cheers ! world of warcraft
Old 29th December 2008, 11:42     #3
MadMax
Stuff

cc monthly,

BLIZZARD ENT*WOW SUB BLIZZARD.COM 14.99USD $29.10-
Old 29th December 2008, 11:44     #4
Draco T Bastard

CC is US$15/month. ATM, it's cheaper to buy the time card. DSE had them on special about a month back - don't know about now as their website seems to be down.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:07     #5
StN
I have detailed files

Thanks guys - now he just has to pull down all the updates...
Old 30th December 2008, 15:34     #6
Savage

If you know someone else who already plays, you can save your data and just copy their wow directory.
Old 30th December 2008, 22:18     #7
Mickey

We paid 6 months at a time on the credit card, was heaps cheaper. its like crack though, super addictive.

There is also a friend deal going where if he knows someone he is able to level faster. Details are on the website. Worth a look cos I think there is a mount involved as well.

Last edited by Mickey : 30th December 2008 at 22:20.
Old 30th December 2008, 23:59     #8
crocos

WoW's Hidden Cost:

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 31st December 2008, 09:34     #9
SID|DensitY

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
WoW's Hidden Cost:
Bang on the money.

Just Don't, for the love of god, get interested in end game such as hardcore pvp or raiding. you WILL lose alot of time. 2005 and most of 2006 just is blank for me due to wow raiding :S
Old 8th January 2009, 13:28     #10
-Statik

Raiding isn't a huge time sink now, we currently clear all 25 man raid content in between 6-8 hours.

And PVP is so broke at the moment its not even worth playing.
Old 8th January 2009, 14:08     #11
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

my girlfriend raced to level 70 (about the same time i quit at 45), did all the raids and got the gear she wanted, then there was nothing left to do. same thing happened when the level cap to 80 came about. now she logs in, wanders around, logs off, then doesnt know what to do. when i suggest we go out, i get blank stares, lol. then she logs back in.
Old 8th January 2009, 14:31     #12
Baal

time for an upgrade!
Old 21st January 2009, 19:24     #13
Logik
Mate, feed, kill, repeat

I love how people blame WoW for their own addictive personalities / over-indulgence.

But yeah I drank the WoW kool-aid for around a year and a half, only quit because my clan broke up. I took like 6 weeks off work once and ended up PvPing for like 10 hrs / day :> Not good now that I look back on it.

Statik: I'm curious about your comment - how is PvP broken? Is Arena still as retarded as it was 2 years ago? I pretty much boycotted everything except my weekly 5v5 because of #@$@#% druids and warlocks. And those pillars.. omg

I still think they need to make PvP into a separate game, where everyone has the same gear and you just open up a game and join a battleground, but you can pick and class/spec (ala. most modern fps games). Would be all the coolness of WoW PvP without all the extremeness of having to keep up with the gear rat-race.

Last edited by Logik : 21st January 2009 at 19:25.
Old 22nd January 2009, 14:18     #14
-Statik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logik
Statik: I'm curious about your comment - how is PvP broken? Is Arena still as retarded as it was 2 years ago? I pretty much boycotted everything except my weekly 5v5 because of #@$@#% druids and warlocks. And those pillars.. omg

I still think they need to make PvP into a separate game, where everyone has the same gear and you just open up a game and join a battleground, but you can pick and class/spec (ala. most modern fps games). Would be all the coolness of WoW PvP without all the extremeness of having to keep up with the gear rat-race.
PVP is mainly broken because damage is just out of control, glaring class imbalance (worse so than TBC), its getting better with people getting more pvp gear but so many changes need to be made. The recent change to the dispel system seems good in theory, how it works out in the next few weeks will be interesting.

At least blizz removed lots of the RNG that was in PVP (mace stun etc) but then they just add more with glyphs and shit, its hard to see what blizzard is trying to achieve with their pvp system when they do things like that.

Warlocks weren't bad in TBC, druids, well, I can't believe blizzard let them sit at the top for so long without nerfs.

Blizz did have tournament realms which were premade characters which could purchase any s2/t5 gear in the game, don't think they are around anymore though.
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:28     #15
Logik
Mate, feed, kill, repeat

Warlocks weren't that bad but I played a Mage so they were particularly annoying, esp in 2v2. You would have a Warlock with like 12k health after stones n shit and the best mana you would have as a Mage in arena gear was like 8-9k, lol. Impossible to kill.

But yeah Blizzard never really seemed to have a direction for PvP. I don't think they realise it's potential.
Old 27th January 2009, 23:04     #16
jb

Anyone want to avoid the grind? I've stopped playing again after a short stint - no time. PM me if you're interested, 80 mage on blackrock.