Old 30th July 2014, 18:51     #1
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Colin Craig discovers colincraig.co.nz

http://colincraig.co.nz/

so well-done
Old 30th July 2014, 20:36     #2
BoyWonder

His own billboards even look like a pisstake.

Look in the eyes, directly in the eyes, not around the eyes.
Old 30th July 2014, 20:46     #3
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
domain_name: colincraig.co.nz

registrar_name: PDR Ltd
registrar_address1: DirectiPlex
registrar_address2: Next to Andheri Subway, Old Nagardas Road, Anheri (East)
registrar_city: Mumbai

registrant_contact_name: Whois Manager
registrant_contact_address1: PO Box 4120
registrant_contact_city: Portland
registrant_contact_province: OR
registrant_contact_country: US (UNITED STATES)
Quote:
Conservatives leader Colin Craig says he is taking action to shut down a satirical website.

The Electoral Commission admits the website is escaping scrutiny because its owners are anonymous.

A spokeswoman for the commission said that might put it beyond its scrutiny.

"Where the identity of the person responsible for publishing an election-related webpage is unknown, the commission is not in a position to determine whether the exemption for non-commercial expressions of personal political opinions applies or to take the matter further," she said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/di...ty-leader.html
Old 30th July 2014, 22:02     #4
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
damn, just coming in here to post this. Sent to me by my my very leftie, greenie, alternative-lifestyle father-in-law.... he thought it was the funniest thing on the campaign trail so far
Old 8th August 2014, 13:18     #5
CCS
Stunt Pants

Colin Craig launches legal action against TV3
Quote:
Conservative Party leader Colin Craig is taking urgent legal action against TV3 after being left out of a minor parties debate.

TV3's political show The Nation has excluded Mr Craig from the debate tomorrow morning, which will include the Green Party, New Zealand First, the Maori Party, Act, Mana and United Future.

Mr Craig's spokeswoman said he was seeking a last-ditch injunction to stop the programme from being broadcast unless he was included.

His lawyers were filing papers with the High Court this morning.

3 News reported that Craig's party did not meet the criteria to take part in the debate.

A TV3 spokeswoman said tomorrow's leaders debate was focussing on parties which had been represented in Parliament in the last three years.

She said The Nation would not change the format as a result of Mr Craig's legal challenge.

The show was one of a series of political debates, and TV3 planned to invite the Conservatives to a future debate which would include all party leaders.

Conservatives won 2.6 per cent of the party vote in the 2011 general election - more than Maori, Mana, United Future or Act - but did not gain a seat.
Once again, Colin Craig has a waah waah because he isn't getting attention (or at least, the kind of attention he prefers) so he throws his toys out of the cot and gets all legal. The good side for the voting public is that we get to see what sort of person Colin Craig is and what we would have to put up with if he were in parliament.

Maybe we could change this thread title to 'Colin Craig is a dildo'? Hmmm wait... wouldn't want to get sued. 'The thread in which we detail Colin Craig's various shortcomings'?
Old 8th August 2014, 13:54     #6
CCS
Stunt Pants

Alternative thread titles

Colin Craig is a big sook

Colin Craig is DEFINITELY NOT CRAZIER THAN A SHITHOUSE RAT! DEFINITELY!

Precious Colin Craig, his skin so soft, his sensibilities so fragile, like a newborn babe. GAZE UPON HIS INNOCENCE AND HARM HIM NOT!

Poor widdle Colin Cwaig, does baby want biddy?
Old 8th August 2014, 20:10     #7
CCS
Stunt Pants

Oh my christ

Craig wins scrap with TV3
How can a private entity be compelled to invite an idiot to their party when they don't want him there? Is the judge a Conservative voter?
Old 8th August 2014, 20:16     #8
StN
I have detailed files

Awesome pic - surely all TV3 need to do is frame questions around what it is like to be an MP. How plush are the green chairs? Do Bellamys cater for the lactose intolerant? Does anyone really use that open sided lift?
Old 8th August 2014, 21:01     #9
The Edge

Every time I hear his name, I think Col'n...and it reminds me of this guy.

Old 8th August 2014, 21:34     #10
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Craig wins scrap with TV3
How can a private entity be compelled to invite an idiot to their party when they don't want him there? Is the judge a Conservative voter?
I can kinda see his point:

Quote:
Justice Gilbert said MediaWorks had acted unreasonably.

"The Conservatives are polling higher than four of the invited parties and one doesn't have a sitting MP," he said.
They should have planned it better to include him, even just for teh LOLz value....
Old 8th August 2014, 21:38     #11
Lightspeed

Interesting question though. Exactly what legislation gave the judge power to compel TV3?
Old 8th August 2014, 21:55     #12
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rince
I can kinda see his point:
TV3 said their criteria was minor party leaders who have been in parliament in the last 3 years which sounds very reasonable to me. I don't really care for dickbags who can't get elected.

sorry craig you're not really a dickbag. Or crazy. Oh but I didn't say you were crazy... sorry for thinking it
Old 8th August 2014, 23:13     #13
fixed_truth

Old 9th August 2014, 10:47     #14
chiQ
Frag-muff

My understanding of the DNC's rules regarding registrants is that their details must be published. It is against the rules to hide the actual owner's identity.

http://dnc.org.nz/content/registrantcoreterms.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNC
3. Registration of a Domain Name

When a domain name in the .nz domain name space is registered to you, or in your name as directed by you, then you agree:

3.1 that the following information becomes available to any member of the public:

your name,
your contact details and
the domain name, its commencement and expiry dates and addresses/details of the name servers for it, and our name.
Old 9th August 2014, 14:11     #15
crocos

I think the key parts are "registered to you, or in your name"

In this case it's not registered to whomever was behind it, or in their name. Instead it's in the name of a fictitious entity. I can't see anything there saying that the info has to be accurate

Col'n has a better bet of trying to leverage section 2.6 -[You agree that you will:] ensure that the use of any domain name registered to you does not interfere with other users of the Internet.

But even then it's a hard call.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية

Last edited by crocos : 9th August 2014 at 14:15.
Old 10th August 2014, 20:15     #16
chiQ
Frag-muff

It does have to be correct. For example for a web designer to register a domain name for a client, in the web designer's name is a breach of the rules, and the contact information for the registrant needs to be the registrant's contact information. Making up a fictitious registrant makes the registration invalid.
Old 27th August 2014, 17:06     #17
CCS
Stunt Pants

Conservatives close to Parliament in new poll

Quote:
Tonight's 3 News/Reid Research poll shows the Conservative Party is on the verge of making it into the next Parliament, even without an electorate deal with National.

The poll, conducted in the week following the release of Nicky Hager’s Dirty Politics book, has the Conservatives on 4.6 percent, tantalisingly close to the five percent MMP threshold.
Ugh.

I really hope we don't have to put up with 3 years Colin Craig getting his titties in a twist and suing left, right and centre.
Old 27th August 2014, 17:12     #18
Lightspeed

It's just polls lolz, nothing to take too seriously.

I would find it amusing if they managed to cross the threshold, but yeah, that probably wouldn't last.
Old 27th August 2014, 17:13     #19
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Would it be wizard if the main impact of Hager's book was to force National to partner with Colin Craig to form a government?
Old 27th August 2014, 17:31     #20
CCS
Stunt Pants

Wizard? Get your australian slang out of new zealand games

God no, that would be revolting. Part of the appeal (for me) in voting Labour is that we don't end up with a coalition of a bunch of nutty minor parties running on one or two issues.

Of course, Colin Craig has said he "would not form a Government with National unless it agreed to introduce binding referenda." I wonder how far National would be willing to go to accommodate that.
Old 27th August 2014, 17:46     #21
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Sorry. Been on a Doctor Who binge lately.

Old 27th August 2014, 18:08     #22
CCS
Stunt Pants

o_O

weren't aussies saying that long before dr who?

either way, shut up
Old 27th August 2014, 18:31     #23
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Part of the appeal (for me) in voting Labour is that we don't end up with a coalition of a bunch of nutty minor parties running on one or two issues.
Same here.
Old 27th August 2014, 18:41     #24
CCS
Stunt Pants

Clearly I mistyped. That should have been "part of the appeal (for me) in NOT voting Labour"

Well done, though. You caught me out on a typo.
Old 27th August 2014, 22:25     #25
madmaxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Clearly I mistyped. That should have been "part of the appeal (for me) in NOT voting Labour"

Well done, though. You caught me out on a typo.
Phew! For a minute there I thought you'd changed your spots. Welcome back into the fold.
Old 27th August 2014, 22:56     #26
CCS
Stunt Pants

'Sif! Vote for National and you get one strong party and some minor hangers on. National needs them but they still only represent a few seats. They can't demand too much from Key because they know that he only has to put up with them for 3 years. In the meantime, he's working on improving Nationals numbers so that he relies on them less and less. Key will always reward those minnows for their loyalty by inviting them back into the fold because it's good to have them on side. But the balance of give and take is in National's favour.

Vote for Labour and you get the coalition of the losers, the crazies and the also-rans. There needs to be a lot more compromise and that gives rise to bullshit policies like restrictions on shower heads and lightbulbs.
Old 29th August 2014, 13:14     #27
Omegakai

So the right might be
United future.
ACT
Conservatives
Maori party
The king maker NZ first in the middle
Left might be
Internet mana
Labour
Greens
Seems much in muchness about “multi headed monsters”
Would be interesting to see how National got around some of the issues of
Repealing the same sex marriage law.
Reintroduction of the church into the public school sector.
In the same context if the left won, how would the left get around the KDC blocking etc.

Crazys on both sides, making the middle jump :P
Old 29th August 2014, 15:06     #28
CCS
Stunt Pants

I don't think it's a sure thing that the Conservatives will be part of a National government. Nats are clearly luke-warm to cold on Cons, this should be evident after refusing do a deal in East Coast Bays.

ACT and UF would only give one seat each to a National coalition. That means they can't demand for much compromise. National could well govern alone, which means an even safer better for a government free of having to kowtow to crazies.

On the other hand, a coalition of Lab/Green both bringing a bunch of seats and Winston being Kingmaker, well that requires a lot more compromise.
Old 29th August 2014, 15:38     #29
Omegakai

agreed, however I don't see any issue with compromising. In fact parties that tend to be uncompromising are the scary ones.
Old 29th August 2014, 15:42     #30
CCS
Stunt Pants

Oh sure, politics is all about compromise. But when the compromises made are for the sake of power rather for the good of the people, you end up with bullshit like shower heads and lightbulbs. I dread the thought of National ever being in a position where a compromise they have to make with the Cons is binding citizen initiated referendums. *spit*
Old 29th August 2014, 16:11     #31
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Winston's the one you have to worry about because he does not compromise. If he has you in a position where he can fuck you, he fucks you. And if you object he will bring down the government and send the country back to the polls rather than let you object to being fucked.
Old 29th August 2014, 16:20     #32
CCS
Stunt Pants

Yeah, him too :/
Old 29th August 2014, 16:23     #33
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Winston's the one you have to worry about because he does not compromise. If he has you in a position where he can fuck you, he fucks you. And if you object he will bring down the government and send the country back to the polls rather than let you object to being fucked.
He behaved when he was relied on for confidence and supply, didn't he? It was only that first MMP election cycle where he messed with things?

I might be wrong, that's just my recollection.
Old 29th August 2014, 16:23     #34
Omegakai

Id takes light bulbs and shower heads over a government that devoid of transparency
Pretty tired of hearing Collins lie herself into a hole.
Old 31st August 2014, 17:03     #35
adonis

Figured I'd post this here since instead of polluting other threads with conservative lols

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...s-suicide-link

"The anti-smacking law is to blame for youth suicide, youth prostitution and even sexually-transmitted infections, a leading Conservative party candidate claims."

"Nnnnyyyerrch" -the sound my brain made after reading this.
Old 19th September 2014, 19:32     #36
Giblets

Hey CCS, I figure the CC stands for Colin Craig, but I can't figure out the S?
Old 19th September 2014, 19:34     #37
CCS
Stunt Pants

SIR