Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 4th March 2014, 13:12     #41
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Cunliffe secret trust clusterfuck rolls on

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11213703

David Cunliffe is truly the greatest Labour leader in the history of the National Party.
Old 4th March 2014, 14:58     #42
Juju
get to da choppa

Why, in this day and age where there is so much pressure on transparency and doing things by the book - would you do anything that could even come close to resembling 'fiddling the books' or such.

oh lolbour.
Old 4th March 2014, 15:13     #43
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

On what planet could this possibly have been a good idea? Why isn't this plastered up in every Labour office in the country?

Quote:
LABOUR QUESTIONNAIRE

Does the thing you are considering involve anonymous donations laundered through a trust? Y/N

If you answered yes above, kill yourself.
Old 4th March 2014, 16:53     #44
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

LABOUR
WAT R U DOING
STAHP

Quote:
Telecom is bristling at the suggestion Labour could impose a "content levy" on internet providers.

Labour was left red-faced today after MP Clare Curran’s ideas on ICT policy were accidentally emailed to her National Party counterpart, Communications Minister Amy Adams.

These include imposing a revenue-based levy on telecommunications carriers to create a contestable fund to support the “creation and accessible distribution of New Zealand digital content”.

Another suggestion is a “digital bill of rights” policed by the Human Rights Commission that would “guarantee a citizen privacy”.

Curran, who is associate communications and information technology spokeswoman and Labour’s spokeswoman on “open government”, said the ideas titled “ICT Policy Framework 2014” were sent to Adams’ office this morning. She did not personally send the email, she said.

They were not official Labour policy and it at least showed Labour had ideas, she said.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/di...d-content-levy

I bet her "electronic mails" were "hacked"
Old 4th March 2014, 19:35     #45
CCS
Stunt Pants

facepalm

ugh
Old 4th March 2014, 19:47     #46
BoyWonder

It's OK, it shows Labour has ideas...
Old 5th March 2014, 13:39     #47
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Comment from David Farrar:

Quote:
What is even more interesting is where all these policy ideas came from. I understand that they are very similiar to policies that will be announced by the Internet/DotCom Party and that they may have been discussed between Dotcom and Curran. The purpose being to have policy alignment between the parties, so they could be endorsed when he winds his party up just before the election and asks his supporters to vote for whichever parties he endorses.

So a simple question is whether these policy ideas were ever discussed with Kim Dotcom, and what input has he had into them.
Old 5th March 2014, 13:44     #48
Lightspeed

A simple question I am uninterested in an answer to.
Old 5th March 2014, 15:27     #49
CCS
Stunt Pants

Labour ICT doc sent from Cunliffe's office, not Curran's

WWAAAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAUGH!
Old 5th March 2014, 15:50     #50
ZoSo

Looks like 'The Stranded' is indeed apt after lapdog Presland - Mickysavage, drops him in it.
Old 5th March 2014, 16:30     #51
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
A simple question I am uninterested in an answer to.
I'm definitely interested in it as part of this little sequence:

Cunliffe elected Labour leader after campaign financed by ANON

Kim Dotcom announces political party

Internet expert Clare Curran has meetings with Kim Dotcom

Kim Dotcom announces his party might direct supporters to strategically vote for other parties

Cunliffe, after money-laundering trust is uncovered, refuses to identify 2 of the donors

Labour Internet policy leaked, and is discovered to bear an uncanny resemblance to earlier "Internet Party" proposals

Leaked Labour Internet policy also features taxpayer-funded net services like "KiwiCloud" (lol) that would require a partner with massive bandwidth and expertise in cloud storage
Old 5th March 2014, 16:41     #52
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Old 5th March 2014, 16:42     #53
Lightspeed

What's the interesting part? Sounds all like election year faff to me.
Old 5th March 2014, 16:46     #54
pxpx

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11214425

There's no way Cuntlips and co can defeat JK now.
Old 5th March 2014, 17:54     #55
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo
Looks like 'The Stranded' is indeed apt after lapdog Presland - Mickysavage, drops him in it.
It'll be even funnier if today's twitter gossip is correct and it's Rob "irishbill" Egan who leaked the net policy.
Old 5th March 2014, 21:12     #56
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Oh fuck I'm dying here

Cunliffe in crosshairs over trust issue

note: this is an entirely new secret trust that Cunliffe kept hidden!

Jeez, I'm almost at the point of feeling sorry for the guy.

But not really.
Old 7th March 2014, 16:38     #57
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Just when you thought David Cunliffe could make it to COB without making another embarrassing gaffe in public:

https://twitter.com/DavidCunliffeMP/...702784/photo/1

Sweet zombie jesus, you know what Matt McCarten should do? Close every fucking twitter and fb account in the entire Labour Party.
Old 7th March 2014, 16:55     #58
CCS
Stunt Pants

looly

Old 7th March 2014, 16:58     #59
pxpx

I don't understand NZ Power.

"First, there is a lack of competition in the electricity market."

"Labour will fix this problem by introducing a new agency, NZ Power, to act as a single buyer of power for households."

So there's a lack of competition in the market, so they'll fix it by removing all competition?

Does this stuff even get proof read?
Old 7th March 2014, 17:04     #60
ZoSo

Old 7th March 2014, 17:42     #61
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx

So there's a lack of competition in the market, so they'll fix it by removing all competition?
Why do you think a single buyer of power = removing all competition?

The idea behind it is that competing power companies would have a greater incentive to undercut each other ie that this type of market would encourage and reward energy efficiency and minimisation of often bloated operating costs.
Old 7th March 2014, 17:49     #62
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Holy shit, what happened in New Zealand between 1999 and 2008?
Old 7th March 2014, 18:08     #63
fixed_truth

I'm more concerned with what happened between 2001 - now.

But you're right. Something needs to change.
Old 7th March 2014, 18:39     #64
pxpx

Isn't it supposed to be KiwiPower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
Why do you think a single buyer of power = removing all competition?

The idea behind it is that competing power companies would have a greater incentive to undercut each other ie that this type of market would encourage and reward energy efficiency and minimisation of often bloated operating costs.
Power companies want customers to buy power from them. They compete against each other for a greater number of customers.

KiwiPower means there is only 1 customer.

That's not competition.

(edit: I realise it's not as simple as that - it's still a terrible idea!)

Last edited by pxpx : 7th March 2014 at 18:42.
Old 7th March 2014, 18:49     #65
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Labour can't communicate for shit and its comms team are muppets, episode 3452345

Old 7th March 2014, 18:54     #66
pxpx

Students of Councils MUST BE KICKED

VOTE LABOUR - 2014.
Old 7th March 2014, 19:05     #67
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Even the rightwing bloggers are starting to feel the feels

Quote:
David Farrar
I'm going to try really really hard not to point out any more Labour Party fuck ups until at least Monday. Not because there won't be any more, but because I'm starting to feel bad about it. It's like the tenth graders beating up the fifth grader. It's almost become bullying. They obviously can't help fucking up, and it has got to the point that highlighting every time they do it is getting sadistic. To use a cricket analogy, it is the political equivalent of Brett Lee bowling to Piers Morgan. It doesn't matter that they agreed to it. The bigger man should walk away when the damage is getting so bruising. So I'm going to try and not expose any more fuckups until at least Monday.
Old 7th March 2014, 19:06     #68
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

There's not a face or palm large enough to express Labour's fail in recent times.

I have officially given up and accept it will be a National government again - possibly by themselves even.
Old 7th March 2014, 19:18     #69
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpx
Power companies want customers to buy power from them. They compete against each other for a greater number of customers.
Yes. But with nzpower or kiwipower or whatever it's called, they're still competing against each other for a greater number of customers.
Old 7th March 2014, 20:12     #70
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Labour can't communicate for shit and its comms team are muppets, episode 3455145

APOSTROPHE'S MOTHERFUCKER'S, LEARN HOW TO US'E THEM.
Old 7th March 2014, 20:58     #71
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

It's a small thing I know but I've just given them $20 to help them keep pumping this stuff out.
Old 7th March 2014, 21:39     #72
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Labour can't communicate for shit and its comms team are muppets, episode 3455145

APOSTROPHE'S MOTHERFUCKER'S, LEARN HOW TO US'E THEM.
What if the kids only have one parent?
Old 8th March 2014, 03:45     #73
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Then somewhere, an apostrophe dies... Cold and alone.
Old 8th March 2014, 21:26     #74
fixed_truth

Key 'tricky' with donation dinner details

Old 8th March 2014, 21:56     #75
CCS
Stunt Pants

Oh, fixed_truth. You didn't...
Old 8th March 2014, 22:00     #76
fixed_truth

Posted a link to a 3 news article? Yeah I did.
Old 8th March 2014, 22:41     #77
CCS
Stunt Pants

Is the concept of fundraising dinners new to you?
Old 8th March 2014, 22:45     #78
fixed_truth

Not at all. That's a weird assumption.

Key’s fundraising dinner looks to be all above board. No arguments there.

It’s Key’s politicking that has come back to bite him ie him implying that Cunliffe should reveal the two other donors although Cunliffe doesn’t know who they and (afaik) isn’t required to as they wish not to be named and their donations are being refunded.

So this:
Quote:
"Clearly there's something going on there about people who gave money but know that if their identity is in the public domain, that would be very untidy for the Labour Party, maybe the policies that they've developed who knows, but three of his donors have come out and said it's ok.
Quote:
"David Cunliffe has a responsibility to make sure he tells the public who the other two are or he's going to guilty of being labelled as having a secret agenda which none of us can verify either way."
-Gave the media an opportunity to run it as: “After demanding that David Cunliffe name donors to his trust” “hypocrite” etc etc and explaining is losing and all that.
Old 8th March 2014, 22:52     #79
CCS
Stunt Pants

So you would expect Labour to declare all of their donations/donors for their fundraising dinners?
Old 8th March 2014, 23:02     #80
fixed_truth

Not unless Parliamentary rules required it.