John Key: 52.4%
Phil Goff: 6.8%
Old 18th April 2011, 06:35     #2
chubby

reminds me of the one that bill lost.
Old 18th April 2011, 08:19     #3
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Without me looking.... Let me guess now.... Chubby will be denying the inevitable?
Old 18th April 2011, 09:08     #4
GM

Source - TV3 (?)
Old 18th April 2011, 09:20     #5
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

while i dont disagree that labour/goff is a failure at the moment, people still think that national/key dont need to gtfo? :/
Old 18th April 2011, 11:35     #6
Brutus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrtigo
while i dont disagree that labour/goff is a failure at the moment, people still think that national/key dont need to gtfo? :/
Yes, My dilemma is that I don't want any of the other parties in either.

National is going to go to town in their next term, and do whatever they want, I'm sure that's going to include stuff I'm going to disagree with.

However I think having any of the other parties in power would screw things up even worse than National will.

So I'm probably going to end up voting for National, as the least bad option.
Old 18th April 2011, 11:51     #7
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Vote Green - National will get in anyway, but the more seats the Greens get the better chance you have of getting an opposition that will hold the Nats to account.
Old 18th April 2011, 11:57     #8
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
Vote Green - National will get in anyway, but the more seats the Greens get the better chance you have of getting an opposition that will hold the Nats to account.
The more chance you'll get crazy ass MPs though. * shiver*
Old 18th April 2011, 13:55     #9
Brutus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
The more chance you'll get crazy ass MPs though. * shiver*
Yes, I've met some Green party members in a social setting. They didn't impress me, for much of the above reason.
Old 18th April 2011, 14:45     #10
BoyWonder

Step 1 - legalise marijuana.
Step 2 - throw enormous party in honour of the Green Party's victory - with enough marijuana present to render the whole party incapable of getting off the couch for 3 years.
Step 3 - reap the benefits of all that sweet, sweet tax coming in.
Old 18th April 2011, 15:16     #11
aR Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyWonder
Step 1 - legalise marijuana.
Step 2 - throw enormous party in honour of the Green Party's victory - with enough marijuana present to render the whole party incapable of getting off the couch for 3 years.
Step 3 - reap the benefits of all that sweet, sweet tax coming in.
lol, it's already sold 'underground'. Why do you think that legalising it is going to have people scrambling to buy it from dairies with 250% tax? (going off ciggie tax... probably a bit low then!)
Old 18th April 2011, 15:39     #12
BoyWonder

I don't know, I wasn't really trying to be serious.
Old 18th April 2011, 15:43     #13
aR Que

Oh, can I claim that I wasn't either?
Old 18th April 2011, 15:47     #14
BoyWonder

If you want to!

And all was well with the woodland creatures once again.
Old 18th April 2011, 19:31     #15
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
green is essentially a communist party. About half of those who vote for them realise this and the rest think they are voting for an environmentally friendly party (based on the colour of the party logo).

I can't image why a mainstream labour voter would go to green; these parties have nothing in common really beyond both being in opposition.

I can see a mainstream labour voter going with National since these parties have similar ideals except labour has lost its way for the time being.

All we're going to see this election is a labour-National alliance. Well in principle anyway. labour haven't got it together to the extent this can happen within their party so their voters will make it happen by just using National as a proxy for something centre and sensible.
Old 18th April 2011, 19:56     #16
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
Without me looking.... Let me guess now.... Chubby will be denying the inevitable?
retard.

Quote:
green is essentially a communist party. About half of those who vote for them realise this and the rest think they are voting for an environmentally friendly party (based on the colour of the party logo).

I can't image why a mainstream labour voter would go to green; these parties have nothing in common really beyond both being in opposition.

I can see a mainstream labour voter going with National since these parties have similar ideals except labour has lost its way for the time being.

All we're going to see this election is a labour-National alliance. Well in principle anyway. labour haven't got it together to the extent this can happen within their party so their voters will make it happen by just using National as a proxy for something centre and sensible.

crazy pompous retard.
Old 18th April 2011, 20:13     #17
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Chris Trotter:

Quote:
John Key, Stephen Joyce and Gerry Brownlee are all pretty likeable guys – but they’re not that likeable. For roughly 15 percentage points of electoral support to have vacated the centre-left camp something else has to be going on. Much as we hate to admit it, what seems to be happening here is not so much a case of people running to something, as it is of people running from something.

And what they are running from, comrades, is us – the centre-left.

They don’t like us and they don’t trust us. Why? Because long, long ago they got the very strong impression that we don’t like them.

We don’t like their values. We don’t approve of their culture. And we’re so infuriatingly certain that we know – so much better than they do themselves – what’s good for them.

We call them racists if they resist our bicultural programmes. We call them homophobes if they’re less than 100 percent supportive of queer culture. We call them sexist if they energetically celebrate all the delightful differences between men and women. We want their votes – you bet. But we would really rather do without the voters themselves.

Then, amazingly, we’re surprised and hurt when they turn away from us. In truth, what we should really be surprised about is how many ordinary Kiwis, in spite of our insufferable arrogance and condescension, still decide to stick with us!
Old 18th April 2011, 20:15     #18
CCS
Stunt Pants

Shot, Trotter.
Old 18th April 2011, 20:24     #19
chubby

Twitch

yep.
labour is a workers party.

or not.
shit or get off the pot...
what we have at the moment is a toxic rift between the left and right wings of some dysfunctional pro 20thC mistakes old men party.
(and i mean NACT and labour)

ftl
Old 18th April 2011, 20:34     #20
CCS
Stunt Pants

^^^

Stoned.
Old 18th April 2011, 21:31     #21
chubby

to forget.
Old 19th April 2011, 01:22     #22
MrTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
That blog entry was very good.
I get rage with Labour's pro-Maori policy, taking emphasis away from the capitalist-proletariat division.
Old 19th April 2011, 07:40     #23
Jodi

Pfft. I vote green cos everything Labour and the Nats are doing piss me off.

Greens on the other hand have done nothing to piss me off, in fact that got this entire house insulation thing going*, so they are actually +1.

Gee, I guess I must be a commie. This comes as a surprise as I hate communism.

*last time I spoke to people without a clue, all of them thought that national brought in the house insulation grant thingie. *smacks forehead*
Old 19th April 2011, 07:58     #24
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi
last time I spoke to people without a clue, all of them thought that national brought in the house insulation grant thingie.
Anyone can have a rare good idea. But the thing is that parties in opposition can only achieve what those in power support. According to your model of the world you're upset that National supported green on this? Since "everything" they do pisses you off right?

You're a classic camp-two green supporter.
Old 19th April 2011, 10:35     #25
aR Que

Quote:
Gee, I guess I must be a commie. This comes as a surprise as I hate communism.
And what is it you hate about communism but like about the greens, oh so much?
Old 19th April 2011, 12:01     #26
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Pfft. I vote green cos everything Labour and the Nats are doing piss me off.

Greens on the other hand have done nothing to piss me off, in fact that got this entire house insulation thing going*, so they are actually +1.
So it doesn't bother you that the greens are crazy and incompetent?
Old 19th April 2011, 14:11     #27
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Compare the speeches of the Greens on the copyright bill vs, Lee, Hunt & Shanks and tell me who you then think should have those monikers :P
Old 19th April 2011, 14:28     #28
CCS
Stunt Pants

Sure but the greens are the worst and by far the craziest. I'm so glad Locke is going to fuck off.
Old 19th April 2011, 17:00     #29
Jodi

Quote:
Anyone can have a rare good idea. But the thing is that parties in opposition can only achieve what those in power support. According to your model of the world you're upset that National supported green on this?
From what I remember, greens became labour's bitches in exchange for getting the insulation grant happening.

National decided to keep the grant thing happening when they got into power, but cut off a few corners here and there.

What annoys me is that people think this was all National's idea in the first place, rather than started by the greens and labour. So they vote national cos they like a government that comes up with good ideas like that.

Quote:
Since "everything" they do pisses you off right?
Fine: Mostly everything Labour and the Nats are doing piss me off.

Quote:
You're a classic camp-two green supporter.
Old 19th April 2011, 17:04     #30
Jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
And what is it you hate about communism but like about the greens, oh so much?
Generally I like their environmental and technical policies, but their social and business stuff is just wackyville.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
So it doesn't bother you that the greens are crazy and incompetent?
Yes it does. But as they will remain a minor party, I think the crazy has little scope to actually do any damage to NZ. I can't do anything about the incompetence though, they have leader issues just like the labour party.
Old 19th April 2011, 19:43     #31
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Fine: Mostly everything Labour and the Nats are doing piss me off.
I bet if we dig just a little deeper you'll be in trouble with "mostly" too. Perhaps "some" would be a better choice? You can still claim that these things upset you to the point that you'll support another party.