A mariachi ogre snorkel

Gays thus far

Charles Chauvel: genious.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...-email-hacking
Old 11th October 2011, 13:46     #2
CCS
Stunt Pants

Wacked

Did Chauvel himself actually use the word hacking or did the Dom Post just think that was a great attention grabbing word for the headline? Chauvel talked about "stolen correspondence" which, while still a retarded claim, is very different from an accusation of hacking.

Quote:
"This is what they have to resort to, try to paint me as a rich prick, or gay...
What? Is he claiming he's not gay? If he's gay, then... trying to paint him as gay doesn't exactly require a lot of trying does it?
Old 11th October 2011, 13:58     #3
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
What? Is he claiming he's not gay? If he's gay, then... trying to paint him as gay doesn't exactly require a lot of trying does it?
I think his point is that him being gay shouldn't be something that National use as campaign ammo. Which is true, but are National actually doing this?
Old 11th October 2011, 14:00     #4
CCS
Stunt Pants

He worded it pretty poorly then, eh.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:01     #5
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I like the way he accuses National of hating on rich pricks. Yeah, that sure makes sense.

How about this Charlie: you're a deceitful egotistical liar and a shitty lawyer.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:11     #6
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Don't know this Chauvel fellow, but he sounds like a douche.

Kind of funny that DPF of all people is complaining about astroturfing though.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:13     #7
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
Don't know this Chauvel fellow, but he sounds like a douche.
Another List MP with delusions of importance.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:17     #8
cyc
Objection!

I think he was a former partner at Minter Ellison, either in NZ or Sydney. I have no idea why someone would give that gig up to become a list MP.

Old 11th October 2011, 14:45     #9
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc
I think he was a former partner at Minter Ellison, either in NZ or Sydney. I have no idea why someone would give that gig up to become a list MP.

Quote:
delusions of importance
Old 11th October 2011, 15:35     #10
StN
I have detailed files

Did he mention a pr0n star..?

On a completely unrealted note - the closing words from Parliament this year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speaker
We have also had, though, some wonderfully humorous moments. I will never forget the response of the Hon Gerry Brownlee to the attractive invitation from the Hon David Parker for Mr Brownlee to explore the natural delights of the South Island back country alone with Mr Parker. It was an exquisite response in this House, an exquisite repartee, and one of the moments that one never forgets. Probably the moment when I do not know why I lost control so much was when my colleague—I think he is still here—the Hon Tau Henare interjected something to do with someone called Linda Lovelace. You, my colleagues, seemed to understand what that meant; I had no idea what he was talking about! The Speaker could not possibly have had any idea of what the Hon Tau Henare was on about! But even to today’s consideration of the possible horrible fate of Happy Feet, they are all moments that bring a lighter touch to this House. To me it is important that among the important and serious business we conduct we do maintain at all times the best possible humour.

In recent days we have heard some wonderful valedictories. To those of you, my colleagues, retiring, my best wishes go with you as you reclaim your lives. To those of you heading out to face the voters, good luck to all of you. As Speaker I have kind of developed a fondness of all of you, and I wish you all the very best as you face the voters. My colleagues, you have treated me as Speaker with extraordinary courtesy these last 3 years, and I am humbled by that. It has been a special privilege to serve as your Speaker in this forty-ninth Parliament. Go well, I thank you all, and go the mighty All Blacks.
Old 11th October 2011, 15:59     #11
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I like the way he accuses National of hating on rich pricks. Yeah, that sure makes sense.
Where does he do that? He accuses them of painting him as one sure.
Old 11th October 2011, 16:59     #12
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Chauvel is using "rich prick" as an insult, and insinuating that National is - somehow, fucked if I know how - attempting to paint him as one. Chauvel doesn't seem to realise that "rich prick" is essentially a Labour-internal negative code word. If National was going to try and label him as "$negativething", they sure as hell wouldn't select "rich prick".
Old 11th October 2011, 17:06     #13
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
How about this Charlie: you're a deceitful egotistical liar and a shitty lawyer.
Your typical MP then.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:39     #14
Deadmeat

I'm not sure why they wouldn't try to make him out as one though, since to his supporters being a rich prick could be viewed as $negativething. He probably does realise (although being a listmp I may be wildly overcrediting his intelligence) that it's a Labour-centric thing to view being a 'rich prick' as bad, but i think his mistake is in expecting his rant to gain any traction outside of the most vitriolic of Labours base.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:56     #15
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

He's a high-placed Labour List MP. He doesn't have, or need, supporters. He could stand in the main street dressed as Adolf Hitler while pissing on a picture of Daniel Carter and he'll still get into Parliament.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:58     #16
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Though if you believe his own hype he's poised to displace Peter Dunne in Ohariu, so there is potentially something good to come out of him!
Old 11th October 2011, 18:00     #17
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Even if he doesn't, he still gets back in. Yaaaaay MMP*.

Note: not that I'm saying proportional voting isn't preferable to FPP, just that NZ's implementation of it is fuckin' retarded.