Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 18th August 2013, 11:16     #1
Savage

South Africa destroy Argentina

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/i...t-of-Argentina

While I'm not happy to see Argentina get so thoroughly put down, it gives me hope that there might be some decent competition in the Boks for the ABs this season. Australia are just spinning their wheels at the moment.
Old 19th August 2013, 11:48     #2
Baxton

man it was an ugly, boring game though
Old 19th August 2013, 12:04     #3
orpheus
Jedi Knight

yeah pretty keen to see NZ v SA now.
Old 14th September 2013, 22:36     #4
StN
I have detailed files

Well, that was brutal.
Old 14th September 2013, 23:28     #5
CCS
Stunt Pants

BOOSH! Best game all year.
Old 15th September 2013, 00:41     #6
BoyWonder

Did Kieran Read get sent off for pulling someone's jersey up over their head? Hilarious! Best part will be the SA media spitting tacks over Du Plessis getting sent off for tackling the golden boy. But then... it's South Africa - suck it!!!
Old 15th September 2013, 00:47     #7
CCS
Stunt Pants

Lol, Saffas are spewing! Petition To Stop Romain Poite Ever Reffing A Rugby Game Again

Okay, bad call from ref. But it's not like it's a World Cup final or anything, eh. First rule of rugby: you're not allowed to tackle Dan Carter.
Old 15th September 2013, 01:42     #8
CCS
Stunt Pants

Old 15th September 2013, 10:31     #9
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Okay, bad call from ref. But it's not like it's a World Cup final or anything, eh. First rule of rugby: you're not allowed to tackle Dan Carter.
Yea, while I think it he went into the tackle intending to injure (he definitely leads with his shoulder and the arm only comes in after the hit) he also effected a technically legal tackle. Dangerous maybe but still legal.

As the man said:

Rugby:

Not Rugby:
Old 15th September 2013, 11:23     #10
pxpx

Was he offside when he made the tackle?

If he wasn't offside, then yeah - totally wrong call to make.

Last edited by pxpx : 15th September 2013 at 11:24.
Old 16th September 2013, 00:01     #11
BoyWonder

Well the real competition has now started. NZ held serve at Eden Park, so lets see if SA can respond on their home turf and add a bonus point. I'm guessing they will destroy Australia and get 5 points, and then the challenge for the ABs is to beat Argentina convincingly on their home ground and then hold on for a gritty win in SA. Dis goin' to be good
Old 16th September 2013, 02:53     #12
CCS
Stunt Pants

Old 16th September 2013, 07:58     #13
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Yea, while I think it he went into the tackle intending to injure (he definitely leads with his shoulder and the arm only comes in after the hit) he also effected a technically legal tackle. Dangerous maybe but still legal.
No, Bismark read the play beautifully. He lined up the ball receiver with absolute perfection. As soon as DC received the ball, Bismark put the hit in with the intention of taking the ball from him.

I'm pretty sure I've seen beautifully timed hits by Umaga which were never penalised.

I was let down with the yellow card he was given because he's got such a physical presence on the field.
Old 16th September 2013, 15:13     #14
Baxton

You have earned an underserved yellow card, do you...

play within the rules and take careful note that getting the ref's negative attention could be the end of your night
or
elbow a tackler in the throat

Whole thing would be a minor blip on the night if the dude hadn't Nonu'ed it up
Old 6th October 2013, 09:47     #15
BoyWonder

That was one of the best matches I have ever watched. Hands down.

How about the presenter at the end - Reid collects his man of the match award and the presenter says "not ideal". Reid is like WTF???
Old 6th October 2013, 10:08     #16
BoyWonder

And by Reid I mean Read...
Old 6th October 2013, 12:10     #17
Baxton

was an amazing game. Probably SA having to get 4 tries made them open it up like they did.
easily one of the best games I have ever seen.
Old 7th October 2013, 09:02     #18
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Boks won't be the same on their end of year tour without Steyn and Du Preez. Dagg has been so average this year Piutau should have got more of a shot.

WTF is going to happen at Centre next week?!

Barrett was amazing, he needs a start.
Old 8th October 2013, 22:06     #19
JERI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
Boks won't be the same on their end of year tour without Steyn and Du Preez. Dagg has been so average this year Piutau should have got more of a shot. .
Dude, Dagg has been a solid rock under the high ball all year. Though yes Piutau should have gotten more game time