Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 27th November 2012, 11:55     #1
blur^

seal shooting to whale clubbing

ok i saw that and chuckled..
but seriously, its not tiddlywinks

i dont know what hore was up to, whether it was malicious or not but holy shit chill the fuck out world media, its not the first time someone has thrown a punch or whatever in rugby and it wont be the last. the welsh coach is acting like they have never been cited or red carded in the history of the game, shut the fuck up! take your rubbish team back to the paddock and run some drills and eat your words about the world cup final

and as for the english media, prepare to be fucking destroyed

Last edited by blur^ : 27th November 2012 at 11:56.
Old 27th November 2012, 12:26     #2
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

I believe he should be cited. (http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...attack-on-Hore among other stuff links show it from 3-4 different camera angles and it was uncalled for. Total brain fade on Hore's part).
I also think it's a shame that's all the Northern Hemisphere press can talk about post-game....
Old 27th November 2012, 12:31     #3
xor

He should be gone for 6 weeks minimum.
Old 27th November 2012, 12:53     #4
ZoSo

Can't agree man. The guy is a munter and it's a cheapshot from behind. You can't expect him to get a free ride after we've all had a whinge about cheap shots on our legendary McCaw.
Like xor says, give the clown a long stint.
Old 27th November 2012, 12:54     #5
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

clearly premeditated. why do players even attempt these biffs? its just going to be analyzed over and over in replays...
Old 27th November 2012, 13:03     #6
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

An act of cheap thuggery, bring on a long suspension.

Zo's right, if this was done against us you'd never hear the end of the crying about it.
Old 27th November 2012, 14:15     #7
blynk

I had a quick look at the video. It was a bit stupid, but I didn't think he was trying to slug the guy. Maybe more to try to grab him into the ruck so he was there in the defensive line.

Also, I don't believe that hit knocked him out. It was the accidental knee as Hore when into the ruck that would have knocked him out.
Old 27th November 2012, 14:22     #8
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Oh please, Hore king hit the guy from behind and then "oh whoops your head just happened to be where my knee landed when I illegally dived into a ruck".

Fuck him.
Old 27th November 2012, 14:28     #9
BoyWonder

The BBC have apparently released a video which shows the Welshman looking over his shoulder a couple of times and changing direction to deliberately impede Hore. Not that it really means "feel free to knock me out" but it might be a mitigating factor in the decision.
Old 27th November 2012, 14:31     #10
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Oh BULLSHIT, Davies was just doing his job. The overhead view shows Davies running a good line to prevent Hore getting to the breakdown quickly and Hore just has a fucking roidrage moment.
Old 27th November 2012, 14:34     #11
ZoSo

Yeah that's gotta be one of the funniest things I've read all year. Either eyes tested or pass around the green stuff, pronto. edit: re blynk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=3sWG2eHDPTg#!

Not sure how you think an All Black trained no.2's swinging arm from behind, connecting with the jawline, isn't going to knock someone out.
Old 27th November 2012, 14:38     #12
Baxton

moronic. even more so when you look at our hooker situation atm.
Old 27th November 2012, 15:48     #13
Deadmeat

I was a bit pissed at Jane getting a yellow, kind of felt like the refs getting their own back for missing Hore. Yes he intentionally tapped the ball, but he was also looking to regain it as he's done a number of times before. Penalty sure, yellow? Sour grapes imo.
Old 27th November 2012, 16:03     #14
Deadmeat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/20487856
About halfway through the video on that page you see what caused Hore to get stupid, Davis changes his line 2-3 times and tries to hold Hore back. Not to excuse Hore's stupidity, but Davis was kind of asking for a hit of some sort having seen that replay.
Old 27th November 2012, 16:23     #15
blur^

whoa whoa, i didnt mean he shouldnt be punished
but its turning into a lynching, he doesnt have a history (that i know of) so its his first offense. also deadmeat is right, the guy was lazy running and obstructing the defender getting to the ruck, he didnt deserve to get smashed in the head but getting nailed from behind to clear him off the ruck was fully justified imo

i am just sick of the media labelling the all blacks as a whole a team of thugs etc etc, that interview from the welsh coach sounded like he was deflecting the fact his team is fucking SHIT and trying to focus everything on hore

Last edited by blur^ : 27th November 2012 at 16:27.
Old 27th November 2012, 16:26     #16
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/20487856
About halfway through the video on that page you see what caused Hore to get stupid, Davis changes his line 2-3 times and tries to hold Hore back. Not to excuse Hore's stupidity, but Davis was kind of asking for a hit of some sort having seen that replay.
what? fuck off. thats proper rugby.

hores lucky he didnt fucking kill the guy - a chop like that to the side of the neck can cause big neck and spine injuries.
Old 27th November 2012, 16:33     #17
blur^

watched it again, it was early and i was drunk so was misremembering
wasnt a ruck and im not defending the swinging arm, should be treated like any other striking case

but the english media need to get off the lynch bandwagon, the all blacks are one of, if not the best disciplined side in the world. thats not what our game is about
Old 27th November 2012, 17:03     #18
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Also, I don't believe that hit knocked him out. It was the accidental knee as Hore when into the ruck that would have knocked him out.
I've been wondering the same thing. It looks as though Hore clobbered Davis around the face with his forearm, which brought him to the ground. Then it looks as though his left knee smacked the guy in the head once he was on the ground, delivering the knockout blow.

That said, the footage I've seen on the web is too low quality to show decisively whether his knee made contact with Davis's head. Whilst I wouldn't expect a forearm to the face to knock a person out, the guy does go down almost instantly. So... I dunno... knock out from forearm? Or Davis running into a forearm creating a pivot which sent him to the ground violently, followed by knee to the head? Cumulative effect of two blows>

Anyway, it's all academic. Net result: Hore caused the guy to get knocked out. He'll get his beans and the British sports press will carry on as though Hore is the first person to knock a guy out in rugby.
Old 27th November 2012, 17:08     #19
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrtigo
what? fuck off. thats proper rugby.

hores lucky he didnt fucking kill the guy - a chop like that to the side of the neck can cause big neck and spine injuries.
Yes, and so is brutally clearing out a player that's intentionally put himself in the wrong place. Now stop acting like you're trying out for a job with the english press and wipe the foam from your mouth.
Old 27th November 2012, 17:27     #20
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur^
the guy was lazy running and obstructing the defender getting to the ruck, he didnt deserve to get smashed in the head but getting nailed from behind to clear him off the ruck was fully justified imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Davis changes his line 2-3 times and tries to hold Hore back ... Davis was kind of asking for a hit of some sort having seen that replay.
You're both retarded. Please learn the rules of the beautiful game of rugby before you embarrass yourselves further.

Hore made an unprovoked attack on an opposition player, striking him in the head from behind with no warning and for no reason. That makes him a fucking gutless little bitch, and I hope he takes a long break. Hey, could Davies lay a criminal complaint of assault? That would be even better.
Old 27th November 2012, 17:37     #21
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Hey, could Davies lay a criminal complaint of assault? That would be even better.
The BBC panellists seemed to think this was a possibility
Old 27th November 2012, 17:45     #22
blur^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
You're both retarded. Please learn the rules of the beautiful game of rugby before you embarrass yourselves further.

Hore made an unprovoked attack on an opposition player, striking him in the head from behind with no warning and for no reason. That makes him a fucking gutless little bitch, and I hope he takes a long break. Hey, could Davies lay a criminal complaint of assault? That would be even better.
um so "an offside player may not enter a ruck, maul or scrum" is not a rule in union?
he was in an offside position running towards a maul that was forming a ruck
clearing out an offside player is justified, using a forearm to the face is not
Old 27th November 2012, 17:47     #23
Deadmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I'm truly interested in why you think knowing the rules to soccer will help?
Old 27th November 2012, 17:47     #24
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur^
um so "an offside player may not enter a ruck, maul or scrum" is not a rule in union?
he was in an offside position running towards a maul that was forming a ruck
clearing out an offside player is justified, using a forearm to the face is not
I see you have failed in the two tasks set for you: learning the rules of rugby, and not embarrassing yourself further.
Old 27th November 2012, 17:49     #25
blur^

Quote:
Players joining the maul. Players joining a maul must do so from behind the foot of the
hindmost team-mate in the maul. The player may join alongside this player. If the player
joins the maul from the opponents’ side, or in front of the hindmost team-mate, the player is
offside.
http://www.irblaws.com/downloads/EN/Law_17_EN.pdf
Old 27th November 2012, 17:50     #26
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Old 27th November 2012, 18:21     #27
CCS
Stunt Pants

Uncertain if blur = srs.
Old 27th November 2012, 19:13     #28
fixed_truth

Looks to me like Hore was going into the ruck, Davis was in his path, so he decided to give him a big swinging stiff-arm to the back of the neck.

Stupid & careless from Hore. So yeah 4 - 6 weeks.
Old 27th November 2012, 19:24     #29
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Careless is "I was swinging my arm at head height and I didn't notice that someone was standing in the path of my swing". What Hore did was intentional.
Old 27th November 2012, 19:45     #30
fixed_truth

Yeah the swinging arm was a deliberate act. Careless in that I'm not sure he intended to fuck the guy up so bad but should have realized that when you're a powerhouse Allblack and you try and take a guy out like that there's a chance you're gonna more than just knock him over.
Old 29th November 2012, 09:24     #31
blur^

8 weeks, reduced to 5 due to his record and remorse
ruled that he did not intend to connect with his head
Old 29th November 2012, 09:39     #32
Baxton

seems fair. reading about it, some of the international commentators were calling for a life time ban....haha wtf
Old 29th November 2012, 10:55     #33
blur^

yeah what a joke
they seem to forget that this guy back in feb got 7 weeks for a dangerous tip tackle, which could be argued is more serious than a swinging arm and hore having never been cited in his career

classic high horse, cant wait for the english media to condemn the decision

Last edited by blur^ : 29th November 2012 at 10:57.