NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 10th August 2011, 17:50     #1
Macca@Work

Monney Bill Willams to play for Reds?

So the rumour mill is up and running again..personally I hope he does go to the Reds. (citing not enough playing time for the ABs..)
Old 10th August 2011, 23:23     #2
fixed_truth

Got link?

I'd like to see him play for a NZ team tbh.
Old 11th August 2011, 00:00     #3
blynk

Really. I heard the warratahs this morning. And blues & chiefs yesterday.
Tomorrow will be the Sharks
Old 11th August 2011, 09:17     #4
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

WGAF. I think he's completely failed to impress and been nothing but a media darling.
Old 11th August 2011, 10:15     #5
PhX

Hes got his ab shirt to hang on the wall, time to make some moooooney!
Old 11th August 2011, 10:46     #6
Macca@Work

It was from 7 News in Oz I'll try and dig it up.But..but..Somnny gave his WORD he would stick with the NZRU.
Old 11th August 2011, 10:56     #7
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Once a traitor...
Old 11th August 2011, 11:00     #8
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
Once a traitor...
Who do the players owe allegiance to, exactly?
Old 11th August 2011, 12:42     #9
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Rolling eyes

Oh, I dunno.
Old 11th August 2011, 13:22     #10
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
Who do the players owe allegiance to, exactly?
Themselves.

But yeah, if they're gonna be breaking contracts etc it could end up being against their interests when they're not in such high demand.
Old 11th August 2011, 13:50     #11
xor

Quote:
My understanding with 3.S is that the NRL had no jurisdiction over him if he decided to play outside the NRL.

Either way, breaking a contract doesn't make him a traitor.

This is the age of professional sport. They're looking after themselves. If you want loyalty go watch Otahuhu vs Northcote rugby leage club.
Old 11th August 2011, 16:23     #12
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

He has played for the AB's so can never play for Australia, I am indifferent about what he does ... he's great for the game in terms of fan and media interest but I have not been to impressed with his on field performances. He looks great going forward but on defence he often looks lost ... hopefully he keeps at it as that will only improve over time but the reality is that we cant afford to keep him here.
Old 11th August 2011, 23:56     #13
ZoSo

Damn, might have to start watching the Blues again with Piri & Sonny.
Old 12th August 2011, 01:15     #14
CCS
Stunt Pants

and Nonu.
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:53     #15
_Incubus_

SBW has some absolute fuckwits in his corner, like that wanker Khoder Nasser his agent, upping the ante on NZRFU with a ;sponsorship' deal and now seeking compensation from NZRFU for lost income. He's probably gone to Nike and said "How much for SBW to wear your shes" they offer $$$$$$ and hes on the phone asking for us to cough up.

Now it turns out he is a Muslim who is in the middle of a fasting month, no food or drink between sunrise to sunset..gee thats hardly going to interfere with being a world class athlete and being able to operate at your peak, 19days out from a RWC.

I actually thought SBW would be better for being in the AB's and getting himself away from Mundine and seeing what a massive wanker that guy is, however he cant seem to see the reality of the situation with a petulant abrasive moron that he seems to take inspiration from. He converted after Mundine converted, his boxing 'career' is linked to that douche. Clearly working with guys like DC, Richie, Brad Thorn, Kerian Reid etc hasnt rubbed off on him.

The SBW sideshow is becomming bigger than the AB's something we can do without TBH. He may be a brilliant athlete on the field but NZ rugby can do without the massive side show of his religion, boxing, his wanker agent, and his fuckwit bestmate. Send him to the reds, their team is full of cocky arrogant wankers, whats one more!
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:01     #16
Kryten

/signed.

It's incredible that the AB's allow this entire sideshow to be a part of their organisation.
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:43     #17
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
I actually thought SBW would be better for being in the AB's and getting himself away from Mundine and seeing what a massive wanker that guy is, however he cant seem to see the reality of the situation with a petulant abrasive moron that he seems to take inspiration from. He converted after Mundine converted, his boxing 'career' is linked to that douche.
Who says he's not better off? http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/n...tering-himself

And sure, Mundine is a polarizing figure but love him or loath him he's a role model for young Aborigines, and is and an advocate of Aboriginal rights.

Last edited by fixed_truth : 22nd August 2011 at 11:45.
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:37     #18
Macca@Work

lol so he feels bad about not giving some kids some game teckets but it doesn't bother him breaking signed contrcts when he feels like it.Er ok.
And regardless of what Mundine stands for and believes in,it doesn't excuse him from being an ass wipe and teaching SBW to do the same.
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:24     #19
fixed_truth

He wasn't happy where he was back then, so good on him for doing what's best for him. And who said that decision didn't bother him? But anyway my whole point is that he's come along way from then and is happy with the positive direction his life is taking.

And how exactly is Mundine being an "ass wipe" and "teaching SBW to do the same"?
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:29     #20
Rocket

i dunno why everyone thinks mundine is a bad influence on sonny bill. clearly u dont remmember sonnys bills first few years in the NRL. He was a mess. leave the bugger alone. aussie hate mundine because they are racist, dont know what kiwis are on the band wagon.

sonny bill turns up trains and plays. wheres the problem? he doesnt drink he doesnt do drugs. so he fasts so what? not even on the radar compared to a hung over player. you had all blacks at the world cup, golden boys, jumping up and down on hoods of cars, off there face and apologizing to the public on national tv hung over the next day. Mate i'd take a team of muslims over a bunch of rugby club beer guzzling bums any day of the week. some of the best sportman in the world are muslim. get a grip.

Last edited by Rocket : 22nd August 2011 at 16:32.
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:33     #21
TnT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
And how exactly is Mundine being an "ass wipe"
I think the same way Ali was an ass wipe. People don't like someon who has unwavering belief in themself... and let others know about it publicly.

Mundine is a twat. He has a tendency to shoot his mouth of first and think later. I think he lives by the Kid Rock credo 'It ain't bragging motherfucker if you back it up'.

Buuuuut he also has a tendency to achieve whatever it is he sets out to do.
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:40     #22
Rocket

its boxing, its the way they draw a crowd, big talk big fight, big loss. gives you someone to cut down and mock. awlays been the way. i put it down to showmanship. its all pay per view and they have to build the hype.
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:10     #23
xor

Quote:
He wasn't happy where he was back then, so good on him for doing what's best for him. And who said that decision didn't bother him? But anyway my whole point is that he's come along way from then and is happy with the positive direction his life is taking.

And how exactly is Mundine being an "ass wipe" and "teaching SBW to do the same"?
If I recall the bulldogs were gang fucking girls around the same time right? I'd leave as well.
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:35     #24
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket
its boxing, its the way they draw a crowd, big talk big fight, big loss. gives you someone to cut down and mock. awlays been the way. i put it down to showmanship. its all pay per view and they have to build the hype.
He's been doing that since he was playing in the NRL for the Dragons...missed out on national selection and went on a media blitz citing on grounds of racism and decided to go in to boxing...which a few years later we all got to enjoy watching him get knocked out.
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:49     #25
fixed_truth

Quote:
aussie hate mundine because they are racist, dont know what kiwis are on the band wagon.
Maybe they're kiwis living in Australia. I hear that the racism is quite contagious.
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:51     #26
TnT

Quote:
its boxing, its the way they draw a crowd, big talk big fight, big loss.
You've got a very short memory then, as Inc says, he's being a big mouthed smart arse since waaaaaaaaaaay before he got into boxing.
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:58     #27
Rocket

who gives a shit?
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:04     #28
_Incubus_

Quote:
Maybe they're kiwis living in Australia. I hear that the racism is quite contagious.
It's something the put in the water here!
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:05     #29
CCS
Stunt Pants

Minimum threshold for caring about this thread has been reached. No longer able to give a single fuck.

Someone wake me when SBW signs for Blues kthx.
Old 22nd August 2011, 20:25     #30
leadinjector

Quote:
i dunno why everyone thinks mundine is a bad influence on sonny bill. clearly u dont remmember sonnys bills first few years in the NRL. He was a mess. leave the bugger alone. aussie hate mundine because they are racist, dont know what kiwis are on the band wagon.

sonny bill turns up trains and plays. wheres the problem? he doesnt drink he doesnt do drugs. so he fasts so what? not even on the radar compared to a hung over player. you had all blacks at the world cup, golden boys, jumping up and down on hoods of cars, off there face and apologizing to the public on national tv hung over the next day. Mate i'd take a team of muslims over a bunch of rugby club beer guzzling bums any day of the week. some of the best sportman in the world are muslim. get a grip.
yeah really SBW is one of the few in aussie league who has managed to stay out of that fucked up culture, maybe it was part of the reason for him leaving. wouldnt be surprising. whether mundine is a cunt is a different story but it hasnt infected SBW.
Old 28th August 2011, 10:43     #31
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
If I recall the bulldogs were gang fucking girls around the same time right? I'd leave as well.
He was playing for the Dragons.
Old 28th August 2011, 10:44     #32
_Incubus_

Quote:
Mundines latest tweet...around SBW's non selection and looks like he's pulling the strings.

"Bra the more I think of this bullshit the more I think I gotta get yu [sic] out of that environment," Mundine messaged
Old 28th August 2011, 10:58     #33
xor

Quote:
He was playing for the Dragons.
sheet, my bad
Old 28th August 2011, 11:24     #34
fixed_truth

Quote:
Mundines latest tweet...around SBW's non selection and looks like he's pulling the strings.

"Bra the more I think of this bullshit the more I think I gotta get yu [sic] out of that environment," Mundine messaged
Of course Mundine is pissed off with the bullshit double standards around sponsorship deals. Other players are allowed to endorse competitors products but SB isn't wtf?

And again, hating Mundine's outspokenness isn't evidence that "he's pulling the strings". SB has said on multiple occasions that "I am my own man now, I can think for myself".
Old 28th August 2011, 17:02     #35
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Of course Mundine is pissed off with the bullshit double standards around sponsorship deals. Other players are allowed to endorse competitors products but SB isn't wtf?
It's not as if this is a new thing. In 1996 Jeff Wilson, Josh Kronfeld, and Ian Jones wore Nike boots while the ABs had Mizuno sponsorship, much wailing and gnashing of teeth ensued.

Let's be honest, if there's a contractual screwup or an endorsement clash or some sort of public relations incompetence my instinctive reaction is that it's totally 100% the NZRU's fault. If there's one thing that the professional era of the game has taught us it's that that bunch of muppets couldn't arrange a pissup in a brewery.
Old 29th August 2011, 09:44     #36
blynk

Quote:

I like how they put [sic] around the "yu", but nothing around "bra".

Quote:
Forgive me as I have not kept up to date, but are they actually saying that he is not allowed? or are they just still working on his contract?
Old 29th August 2011, 15:28     #37
blur^

'entitled to change his mind' huh

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...hange-his-mind

goodluck in france SBW
Old 29th August 2011, 15:48     #38
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Anyone who thinks he wanted to be an All Black for anything other than marketability is naive. I'm assuming he would have liked to have been in the RWC-winning team just to be able to ask for more Euros but hey, them's the breaks.
Old 29th August 2011, 15:54     #39
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
Forgive me as I have not kept up to date, but are they actually saying that he is not allowed? or are they just still working on his contract?
He hasn't signed yet, he's been fucked around for the last few months by the NZRU & Coca-Cola.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBW
People have been pushing me to make a decision, but for me it's about doing what's best for myself and my family.
True that.
Old 29th August 2011, 16:04     #40
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Anyone who thinks he wanted to be an All Black for anything other than marketability is naive. I'm assuming he would have liked to have been in the RWC-winning team just to be able to ask for more Euros but hey, them's the breaks.
Hell, anyone would think rugby had gone professional!