Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12th December 2008, 16:44     #641
Hurtuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
You should know.
Would like to but don't think I'd pass as a nerd. Surely you need good programming skills?
Old 12th December 2008, 16:48     #642
Hurtuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
I'm not

The trouble with telecommuting is you tend to work when you shouldn't. Maybe I should have taken the day off. My day starts at 7 AM so I finish soon. No point piking at this stage.
oh bugger, hope you heal up soon. Good on ya for getting into it, shit there's no way I would have. Turned down helping doing some reading for casting - that would have been horrid. Was surreal, I don't remember ever having had such an incapacitating sickness like that, then feeling fine the next. Well close. Heal!
Old 12th December 2008, 18:55     #643
MadMax
Stuff

what recession?

yesterday: party for customers
today: drinks & lunch for our department
today: beer o clock
tomorrow: social work party
next week: christmas do
Old 12th December 2008, 19:38     #644
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Earlier this year MHG and I were watching the "Sorceror's Apprentice" segment in "Fantasia". When it got to the scene where the splinters of broomstick are growing feet and coming to life, MHG said "Look! The brooms are growing... foots!"

Of course "foots" is a word that he would never have heard in his life, so what he had done was take a rule he already knew (pluralise with an s) and apply it to a new situation. Even though foot/feet is an exception to that rule, the fact that he had gone through the process of working out what the plural of foot SHOULD be based on what he already knew... really oiled my gears
Old 12th December 2008, 19:50     #645
smudge
Ich Bin Ein Grey Lynner

Having an employee post on their facebook status during their lunch break, that they are "enjoying life".
Old 12th December 2008, 19:55     #646
Evoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Earlier this year MHG and I were watching the "Sorceror's Apprentice" segment in "Fantasia". When it got to the scene where the splinters of broomstick are growing feet and coming to life, MHG said "Look! The brooms are growing... foots!"

Of course "foots" is a word that he would never have heard in his life, so what he had done was take a rule he already knew (pluralise with an s) and apply it to a new situation. Even though foot/feet is an exception to that rule, the fact that he had gone through the process of working out what the plural of foot SHOULD be based on what he already knew... really oiled my gears
heh, have you seen the latest Leta video on Dooce? it's much lol
"What did you do at school today?"
"I eated, and playeded, and nappeded, and readed".
Old 12th December 2008, 21:31     #647
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

seen the latest what on what?
Old 12th December 2008, 22:21     #648
chubby

the lack of bleating about a flawed, dishonest govt-

makes for excellent reference point.

http://www.publicaddress.net/5568#post5568
Old 12th December 2008, 22:36     #649
madmaxii

Fuck off Chubby - this is an Oils my gears thread. There's plenty of others to vent your political stuff in.

Now, I'm off to have a wonderful weekend - Cheers all.
Old 13th December 2008, 00:58     #650
Reformed_Quint

In 8 hours i will be in my truck, driving to a guys farm who i met in Thailand.

I have several hundred rounds of ammunition and a rifle.

He has a goat problem and we are going to fix it.

Will be a good manly expedition up onto the prairie.

Thats the kind of weekend i enjoy.

Outdoors,
Good Company,
Manly activities,
Beer and MJ for after.

tops.
Old 13th December 2008, 01:47     #651
dead goon

gay
Old 13th December 2008, 02:31     #652
CCS
Stunt Pants

^^^

Jealous
Old 13th December 2008, 02:34     #653
dead goon

far from it!
Old 13th December 2008, 02:50     #654
CCS
Stunt Pants

LIES! IT IS YOU WHO IS GAY! That's why you don't like killing animals!
Old 13th December 2008, 05:36     #655
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Competent apprentices.
Old 13th December 2008, 08:31     #656
chubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxii
Fuck off Chubby
stick it up yo ass 8)

o.m.g... christmas party with clients and colleagues, featuring lawn bowls in balmoral, followed by BBQ and yarning with old diggers. then when i get home (assuming a certain sobriety) SoASE with a mate offshore.

gonna be a good day.
Old 13th December 2008, 10:59     #657
BF Jax

Being off to xmas work do likely to involve something fun during the day (flying acrobatic aircraft a couple of years ago was ace), then free drink and a nice meal / hotel tonight all paid for.

Then not being back at work until 26th Jan and spending xmas back in the UK with friends / family most of who haven't seen for 5 years.

Tis a good day
Old 13th December 2008, 11:44     #658
buckies

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint

Outdoors,
Good Company,
Manly activities,
Beer and MJ for after.

tops.
Fuck that's awesome. Best post I've read in this thread. Definitely envious.
Old 13th December 2008, 12:24     #659
Hurtuso

Thumbs up

Quote:

Outdoors,
Good Company,
Manly activities,
Beer and MJ for after.

tops.
Old 13th December 2008, 13:06     #660
chiQ
Frag-muff

Yep, that sounds great
Old 13th December 2008, 13:25     #661
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
"foots"
That is very oily of gears.

My son figured out that foots is.. two feet. Whereas the cat, which (still) has 4 feet, has 4 "feets". Feets is more than 2 feet, because only two makes them foots.

Seems totally logical to me!
Old 13th December 2008, 16:08     #662
eff tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp-X
That is very oily of gears.

My son figured out that foots is.. two feet. Whereas the cat, which (still) has 4 feet, has 4 "feets". Feets is more than 2 feet, because only two makes them foots.

Seems totally logical to me!
Actual LOL. That's so cute. Little kids are bloody funny.
My 8 year old has what we call a "charm offensive" which means lots of tight-lipped grimaces between Sid and I over the top of Max's head in an effort not to lol. He told me before not to be an "igranamous", and though the pronunciation needs work, the context was correct and it OMG. So cool when they're learning stuff.
Old 13th December 2008, 16:17     #663
p01s0n

After spending a few hours to sit down and work out the mess of a wiring harness left in the FX-GT by the previous owner, managing to seperate the bits that I need, plug em all in, switch around as required for the battery setup and then quickly confirm things with a multimeter.

it really oiled my gears to have the starter crank over at first turn of the key. I truly expected to hear a fuse go pop instead (electrics is probably the weakest of my abilitys when working on cars).

Now I just gotta get the Link adjusted to support the 4AGZE CAS, locate a switched 12v, hook up the relays and hopefully fire it up!
Old 13th December 2008, 20:13     #664
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

My son intentionally throwing the frog under the bus in Frogger then laughing like a maniac, Oils My Gears.
Old 14th December 2008, 22:15     #665
Reformed_Quint

Quote:

Outdoors,
Good Company,
Manly activities,
Beer and MJ for after.

tops.
Completed as i thought!

Some dense bush up in the waimata ranges tho, PHEW, hard work. Also discovered a HUGE plantation of stinging nettle, if you have never found this plant, you are damn lucky, brushing against it stings like a bee sting but lasts for days. Found some bushes that had TRUNKS, frickin huge, got stung badly when i broke a log i was walking on and it got thrust up my leg (leg is still a bit numb!!)

My new .22 carbine 17 shot is , fearsome for a 22 at least :P.

Goats and pigs galore need a week to get all the goats and something larger for the pigs >_<. tracked them down and there was no way a .22 would end 'em!

Very cool weekend, spent alot of sat night talking shit at a village pub with the locals, all good cunts.

Gears = oiled.
Old 15th December 2008, 01:23     #666
eff tee

Reading a gossip magazine attached to NZ Fashion Quarterly and recognising a name of a woman I think I went to primary school with in Australia 28 years ago. Enquired via Facebook, and it's bloody her. Such a buzz (because I went to 11 schools in 2 countries, so actually finding someone from my childhood is quite a feat)
Old 15th December 2008, 01:29     #667
CCS
Stunt Pants

Wacked

I would've thought that going to lots of schools would improve your chances of finding someone from your childhood.
Old 15th December 2008, 02:09     #668
eff tee

I should have written "finding someone from my childhood *that I remember or remembers me* is quite a feat". By the time I was 9 I was onto my 5th school. It's all kind of a blur 'til 4th form (after that it's the stuff I wish I could forget!)
Old 15th December 2008, 10:52     #669
crocos

Quote:
My son turning into Dexter by intentionally throwing the frog under the bus in Frogger then laughing like a maniac, Oils My Gears.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 15th December 2008, 11:16     #670
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
My son intentionally throwing the frog under the bus in Frogger then laughing like a maniac, Oils My Gears.
Old 15th December 2008, 12:16     #671
Mickey

Being on holiday from today until Feb 2nd 2009. Such a good feeling.
Old 15th December 2008, 14:14     #672
chiQ
Frag-muff

I was going to post to gmg about the cricket being rained out, but the beach cricket they're playing rocks (omg)
Old 15th December 2008, 14:19     #673
ZoSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
I was going to post to gmg about the cricket being rained out, but the beach cricket they're playing rocks (omg)
The montage of great League tries beforehand, oiled my gears.
Old 15th December 2008, 15:26     #674
JP

Getting drunk while I play Wow all day. Then a little later this avo when i'm bored of that, playing some guitar and smoking some nice rastagrown hydro. Then my fiance who works 9 - 5 will come home, be pissed that i'm pissed, but fuck me anyway. Then wait for her to fall asleep, crack a beer and start all over for the evening.

Fuck. It can only go down hill from here. But my life oils my gears. Since when did being a nerd feel so good?
Old 15th December 2008, 15:41     #675
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Getting drunk while I play Wow all day. Then a little later this avo when i'm bored of that, playing some guitar and smoking some nice rastagrown hydro. Then my fiance who works 9 - 5 will come home, be pissed that i'm pissed, but fuck me anyway. Then wait for her to fall asleep, crack a beer and start all over for the evening.

Fuck. It can only go down hill from here. But my life oils my gears. Since when did being a nerd feel so good?
<- JEALOUS
Old 15th December 2008, 16:14     #676
JP

Quote:
<- JEALOUS
If it makes you feel better, I only have a 2 months of student life left. Then I have to enter the workforce. Lame. Maybe the economic crisis will allow me to not find a job and enter the realm of the dole bludger, and basically retain my current day to day cycle without the learning part.
Old 15th December 2008, 16:17     #677
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
basically retain my current day to day cycle without the learning part.
Tried that... i failed, now i work for the man
Old 15th December 2008, 17:48     #678
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP

Nerds don't get laid. You're a geek.
Old 15th December 2008, 20:53     #679
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP
Living the dream, JP.
Old 15th December 2008, 20:55     #680
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The price of RAM oils my gears.

Just bought 4 gigs for the new Imac, eighty-one bucks