NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 24th October 2008, 12:48     #4561
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

bob, radio waves are the longest wavelengths, and as such are the longest range electromagnetic wave. now, this is assuming that teh aliens are using eletromagnetic waves for communication at all, but if they were, and for long range comms, itd be radio waves.

but who knows. perhaps they use quantum entanglement.
Old 24th October 2008, 13:16     #4562
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10539177
new zealand kids, our pride and joy, our future
Old 24th October 2008, 13:27     #4563
Hurtuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10539177
new zealand kids, our pride and joy, our future
yeah, gee pretty disgusting. I wonder what their 'message from earth' would have been?
http://www.bebo.com/amessagefromearth
Old 24th October 2008, 13:30     #4564
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Sprung and with no room left to move, Doyle replied to the boss: "HAHAHA LMAO [laughing my ass off] epic fail. No worries man."
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4737394a28.html
Old 24th October 2008, 13:48     #4565
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Sick of always hearing about other people winning stuff. I decided two weeks ago to start entering more competitions.

I won a $25 Eco Store Voucher today.

Need to start buying lotto more often I think.
Old 24th October 2008, 21:47     #4566
MadMax
Stuff

would a poor economy see an increase in competition subscriptions as people try their luck more often, or would there be a decrease as people start choosing the budget brands (sans-competitions) to try and make their dollar go further?
Old 24th October 2008, 22:45     #4567
madmaxii

Oh Dear

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4738596a26642.html
Old 24th October 2008, 22:48     #4568
Helious

hahaha, that's hilarious
Old 24th October 2008, 22:53     #4569
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flic
Sick of always hearing about other people winning stuff. I decided two weeks ago to start entering more competitions.

I started entering online competitions when I had taken leave in expectation of my daughter being born. Since then I've won about $300 of grocery vouchers, a 12Mpix digital camera, a $300 blender, four crates of beer, several bottles of Baileys, countless food vouchers and all sorts of other little prizes.
Old 25th October 2008, 12:28     #4570
MadMax
Stuff

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4738253a6003.html

displays incorrectly in firefox for some reason. hitting shift-refresh shows Whoops! There's been a stuff-up... The page you requested is no longer available. Please click here to return to the STUFF homepage, If you would like to send us feedback, click here.

the page shows when refreshing normally

loads and refreshes fine in ie

Last edited by MadMax : 25th October 2008 at 12:29.
Old 25th October 2008, 13:05     #4571
Helious

I reckon a Hell's Pizza in Mangere Bridge would own. I'm sick of Domino's Onehunga/Mangere. Domino's is gross.
Old 25th October 2008, 13:12     #4572
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
So if you ninja your guild bank, you could be up for IRL charges? what the fuck's up with that?
The US dollar amount only comes from a "if he chose to sell the virtual currency to crazy shit people that are willing to pay real money for fake money, he could have a turned a nice profit"
It's a short step from giving legal protection to your virtural possessions to taxing them.
Old 25th October 2008, 16:25     #4573
curses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
bob, radio waves are the longest wavelengths, and as such are the longest range electromagnetic wave. now, this is assuming that teh aliens are using eletromagnetic waves for communication at all, but if they were, and for long range comms, itd be radio waves.

but who knows. perhaps they use quantum entanglement.
I think it's something to do with the frequency, being that there's no 'natural' emissions in the band that they measure, and any sufficiently intelligent civilization should have figured out the same and should be transmitting at that frequency.
Old 25th October 2008, 16:40     #4574
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
I reckon a Hell's Pizza in Mangere Bridge would own. I'm sick of Domino's Onehunga/Mangere. Domino's is gross.
Hell Pizza. HELL PIZZA. Goddammit.
Old 25th October 2008, 17:06     #4575
MadMax
Stuff

"a hell's pizza" sounds better
Old 25th October 2008, 17:20     #4576
CCS
Stunt Pants

No, it sounds stupid.
Old 25th October 2008, 17:36     #4577
Azmodan

WELL IF YOU SAY SO
Old 25th October 2008, 17:41     #4578
CCS
Stunt Pants

AND I DO.
Old 25th October 2008, 17:50     #4579
Azmodan

DONE.
Old 25th October 2008, 21:17     #4580
MadMax
Stuff

who's this azmo guy anyway? why is he interrupting other people's conversations? shouldn't he have a tf game to attend?
Old 25th October 2008, 22:46     #4581
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

iiNEMESISii, kRAdENkO, QywyMohebi, vorlon
ultimate lurkers.
Old 26th October 2008, 00:12     #4582
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
who's this azmo guy anyway? why is he interrupting other people's conversations? shouldn't he have a tf game to attend?
you're a few months behind the ball there bro
Old 26th October 2008, 10:35     #4583
StN
I have detailed files

Bwahahahaha!

I was sure Hannah Hodson was the one that sent the fax to the cops and exposed the secret informant in that taxi/cop callout thing - but had to get to the last paragraph to confirm that.

Sounds like it isn't the interview that is the trainwreck...
Old 26th October 2008, 10:41     #4584
Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Bwahahahaha!

I was sure Hannah Hodson was the one that sent the fax to the cops and exposed the secret informant in that taxi/cop callout thing - but had to get to the last paragraph to confirm that.

Sounds like it isn't the interview that is the trainwreck...
Stuff is about 5 days late. The herald had this story very early on in the week. Was weird reading about it on Stuff like it was new news.
Old 26th October 2008, 10:50     #4585
Helious

Holy crap

I was on the bus this morning heading up Manukau Road, approaching Greenwoods Corner and I got a massive fright. Out the corner of my peripheral vision I see a cyclist get taken out by a car. The cyclist was riding along the footpath and some car came bolting out of a driveway and *SMACK* , the cyclist went flying. It was a shame I was on the bus, would've been good to see what sort of injuries the cyclist sustained and how messed up the bike was.

Kids, this is why you should ride on the road and not the footpath.
Old 26th October 2008, 11:41     #4586
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Did someone say Greenwoods!?

Mmm chicken pie
Old 26th October 2008, 12:20     #4587
Rangoon Attack

Quote:
I was on the bus this morning heading up Manukau Road, approaching Greenwoods Corner and I got a massive fright. Out the corner of my peripheral vision I see a cyclist get taken out by a car. The cyclist was riding along the footpath and some car came bolting out of a driveway and *SMACK* , the cyclist went flying. It was a shame I was on the bus, would've been good to see what sort of injuries the cyclist sustained and how messed up the bike was.

I very nearly did this to a couple of cyclists yesterday.
When driving out of my driveway I can't see anything coming up or down the footpath as there is a nice big fence in the way.
I always drive very slowly out of the driveway to allow anyone walking along plenty of time to notice my car.
Anyway, I'm slowly reversing out and all of a sudden in my mirror is these 2 cyclists whizzing past on the footpath.
If I had moved out of the driveway a few seconds earlier it could've been a different story.
Old 26th October 2008, 12:40     #4588
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by flic

The best competitions are the ones you enter and forget about, then win. Even better when the thing you win is a car
Old 26th October 2008, 12:48     #4589
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:

I had this happen to me. I wasn't going that fast so only got a bit of gravel rash - but the lady who hit me was a mess (emotionally...).
Old 26th October 2008, 12:56     #4590
chiQ
Frag-muff

BaM bought a bunny. It's half lop, literally. The left ear stands up, and the right ear hangs down. Very cute, but kind of kooky.
Old 26th October 2008, 12:59     #4591
BloodDonor

in the last week ive dodged 4 car doors opening, and 2 cars not giving way while turning

in every case, i think had it been a young kid riding, and not paying too much attention, i.e., not knowing what to look for, theyd have gotten hurt each time

Old 26th October 2008, 16:04     #4592
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangoon Attack
I very nearly did this to a couple of cyclists yesterday.
When driving out of my driveway I can't see anything coming up or down the footpath as there is a nice big fence in the way.
I always drive very slowly out of the driveway to allow anyone walking along plenty of time to notice my car.
Anyway, I'm slowly reversing out and all of a sudden in my mirror is these 2 cyclists whizzing past on the footpath.
If I had moved out of the driveway a few seconds earlier it could've been a different story.
When I was 12, this idiot sped out of their fenced-in driveway onto the road and sent me flying clean across their bonnet, onto the road on the other side. I was fine (minor scratches) but my bike was a write-off.

Idiot gets out of their car, starts yelling at me because I dented her car.

Mum was about 10(ish) meters behind me when it happened, saw everything, came up to the bitch and basically (after much yelling) pointed out that she wouldn't have been able to stop (due to the speed that she came out of the drive) if it was a car coming along anyway, said she was calling the cops.

So a day off school, much fuss and 2 months later, Mum told me the silly bitch was being prosecuted for reckless driving, and her the insurance company were paying for a new bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
BaM bought a bunny. It's half lop, literally. The left ear stands up, and the right ear hangs down. Very cute, but kind of kooky.
So... It suits BaM well then?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 26th October 2008, 19:24     #4593
chiQ
Frag-muff

Yeah
Old 26th October 2008, 20:04     #4594
Synergist@
Steppin' Razor

I was just in Jaycar buying some cables, walked out side and found two bags of weed on the ground. Just sitting there in baggies with Playboy logos on the side.

Anyone lose some weed?
Old 26th October 2008, 20:11     #4595
Helious

Is it good quality skunk or just some bush crap? You in Auckland? I know some people looking for some shit.

edit: hell, it doesn't necessarily have to be "good quality skunk" - just as long as it's buds and not some cab.

Last edited by Helious : 26th October 2008 at 20:12.
Old 26th October 2008, 20:53     #4596
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Mean bro! Roll us a joint, see you in 15! :P
Old 26th October 2008, 22:20     #4597
MadMax
Stuff

http://update.microsoft.com/ does that work or fail for anyone?
Old 26th October 2008, 22:21     #4598
BloodDonor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
http://update.microsoft.com/ does that work or fail for anyone?
Quote:
Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site.

To use this site, you must be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or later.
yep, kinda

Old 26th October 2008, 22:28     #4599
MadMax
Stuff

hmm, moments after posting it starts working again, after being down or flaky all day. typical. i could have had a machine sorted earlier today instead of at bed time.
Old 26th October 2008, 22:36     #4600
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Don't you just love computers?