Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 3rd October 2008, 13:01     #3721
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillHague
It's not just women, it's anyone remotely civilized.
Guess i'm from the outer colonies then, haha.

Nothing wrong with a bit of a skidmark on the bottom of a bowl, better than scrubbing it with that scurbber and then the scrubber having shit on it and then it being put back it its holder to have shit left festering.

Fuck that, a few more flushes and it be gone!
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:22     #3722
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
so when the next woman goes in she'll think that the other woman takes massive man dumps and vice versa (only two woman in the office).

Fuck this cracks me up.... and i am unsure why!
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:34     #3723
Juju
get to da choppa

Traffic fail

So are they going to repair or demolish the Onewa Rd bridge? Anyone know?
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:37     #3724
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

sorry, you northerners are being cut out of auckland.
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:40     #3725
Lightspeed

Hobo Jones.
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:40     #3726
sv
simulationszeitalter

Quote:
Nothing wrong with a bit of a skidmark on the bottom of a bowl
MY GOD MAN, WERE YOU RAISED BY BABOONS?
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:06     #3727
Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
On the news it said it was being assessed and should be sorted by 2.30. Must have been a massive truck that hit it. We just bought a fridge from Wairau, then had a 90 minute drive back to West Harbour. Fun times.

Was the truck driver ok?
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:19     #3728
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
I believe they were eventually going to demolish it anyway - it's the old one that was hit so they'll just be making sure that nothing is going to fall off it and then leave it til demolition time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
On the news it said it was being assessed and should be sorted by 2.30. Must have been a massive truck that hit it.
Nah, just had a digger on the back, so I believe. Or maybe a front end loader.

Quote:
Was the truck driver ok?
Unfortunately, no - he's very very stupid. But he was like that before he drove a tall load into an overpass.
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:41     #3729
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I believe they were eventually going to demolish it anyway - it's the old one that was hit so they'll just be making sure that nothing is going to fall off it and then leave it til demolition time.
Yea I know they were going to demolish it eventually - but NZH says it will be done tomorrow.

Kinda funny cause I was driving that way on tuesday and whilst stuck in normal afternoon traffic was looking at the bridge and admiring all the patch jobs done by previous collisions - I guess this one takes the cake though.
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:58     #3730
CCS
Stunt Pants

No shit? I didn't realise that. I drive past it on the new Onewa overpass today and although I was ambling past at 40kmh, it didn't look like there was major structural damage... but what do I know, I'm not an engineer

I hope they're not going to demolish it during the day and close the motorway down again. The traffic will only queue up to Albany... FUCK OFF! ALBANY IS MY TURF!@
Old 3rd October 2008, 18:16     #3731
Nightcrawler

Thumbs down

So the store owner who was attacked by five youths, one who stabbed the owner in the thigh, has been arrested with intent to injure and all that shit just because he defended himself with a hockey stick and managed to get a few hits on the attackers

One of the attackers suffered some teeth damage, and the other had some swelling around his nose and mouth.. sounds pretty fucking serious to me!

What gets me is how the fuck do those injuries get classed as "excessive" force when he was being attacked by a gang with fucking knives? It makes me incredibly pissed off when the police decide to carry through with that shit
Old 3rd October 2008, 18:20     #3732
Draco T Bastard

Got any links saying he will be charged?
I've only seen that he might be charged.
Old 3rd October 2008, 18:21     #3733
Nightcrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco T Bastard
Got any links saying he will be charged?
I've only seen that he might be charged.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4715121a11.html
The 40-year-old was charged with two counts of injuring with intent to injure over the incident at his Gilbert Road liquor store on September 30.
Old 3rd October 2008, 18:28     #3734
Draco T Bastard

Ah, the use of the weapon has put their self defense over the use of reasonable force. Doubt if any jury will find him guilty but it's still a PITA for him. He better get legal aid.

I hate this type of BS as well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff article
He said the arrest serves a reminder to all that taking the law into their own hands in some circumstances can not be justified.
I don't think defending yourself could be considered taking the law into your own hands

Last edited by Draco T Bastard : 3rd October 2008 at 18:31.
Old 3rd October 2008, 18:36     #3735
CCS
Stunt Pants

Weak. When the attackers had a knife and a fence paling, I think his use of a hockey stick is perfectly reasonable. Is he supposed to go out and windmill his arms around? I suppose the cops would say "You're supposed to crouch behind your counter and fear for your life and then call us so that we can come and set up a cordon."

Thanks, pigshits.
Old 3rd October 2008, 18:52     #3736
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I'm afraid the government's position is that it's his own fault for working in a liquor store.
Old 3rd October 2008, 19:12     #3737
Nightcrawler

Just got a call from my mum telling me that the dairy owner up the top of our street (right next to New Windsor pimary school in Aucks) got stabbed today

I've been going to that dairy for around 18 years. The owner and his wife were always so nice and even now when we're at uni/working, they ask how us how it's going etc etc Fuck
Old 3rd October 2008, 19:18     #3738
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

One could say that Auckland is no longer OK...
Old 3rd October 2008, 19:26     #3739
Helious

Too many bored cunts on The Pees
Old 3rd October 2008, 19:29     #3740
Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
Just got a call from my mum telling me that the dairy owner up the top of our street (right next to New Windsor pimary school in Aucks) got stabbed today

I've been going to that dairy for around 18 years. The owner and his wife were always so nice and even now when we're at uni/working, they ask how us how it's going etc etc Fuck
Poor dude, hope hes okay. Isn't that the second stabbing for that area in the space of a week?
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:11     #3741
Nightcrawler

The stabbing that has been on the news was on Otara (which is south aucks - this area is more west/central)

Amazes me that a stabbing could occur in that area. Grew up there all my life and it's really an incredibly nice area! Not nice with a primary school being literally 5 metres away from the incident
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:13     #3742
Helious

I've been stabbed, have pics.
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:13     #3743
Hurtuso

Laugh

Quote:
Just took a massive dump in the ladies bathroom at work.

Mens was in use so i thought 'fuck it, lets DO IT!'

So yup, thats my adventure for the day, made sure it was a doozy so theres a bit of the goods left on the bottom of the bowl (and the side haha), so when the next woman goes in she'll think that the other woman takes massive man dumps and vice versa (only two woman in the office).

Fuck this cracks me up.... and i am unsure why!
lol, the infringer brings equality
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:29     #3744
Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
The stabbing that has been on the news was on Otara (which is south aucks - this area is more west/central)

Amazes me that a stabbing could occur in that area. Grew up there all my life and it's really an incredibly nice area! Not nice with a primary school being literally 5 metres away from the incident
Yeah I know where it is, I grew up in Avondale and went to Avondale College (before catholic college) so I know the area well. I was sure there had been a stabbing there last week as well.
Old 3rd October 2008, 22:06     #3745
BillHague

Quote:
Guess i'm from the outer colonies then, haha.

Nothing wrong with a bit of a skidmark on the bottom of a bowl, better than scrubbing it with that scurbber and then the scrubber having shit on it and then it being put back it its holder to have shit left festering.

Perhaps in a toilet that you use exclusively, if you want something to aim for?

Little tip: Hold the brush in the flushing water, it will be cleaned, and you won't look like a complete neanderthal.
Old 3rd October 2008, 23:22     #3746
fidgit
Always itchy

We bought a fridge today.

When we moved houses 2 weeks ago, the land lady said she had a fridge that would fit in the kitchen (tiny... tiny kitchen). We left it to settle for a while (didn't have a choice, power wasn't on), and plugged it in. Went to get food that had been keeping cold at my parents the next day and bring it back only to find that the fridge wasn't actually cold. At all.

So we abandoned that fridge. Partner went to DTR to rent one (since not having one is a pain in the ass) and discovered just after signing that her workmate had a spare one that they were going to sell on TradeMe. So we cancelled (minus booking fee) the DTR thing, and waited till the weekend and went round to get this fridge.

Get it back, plug it in and it seems fine. Freezer goes (woo!)... but not the 'chiller' part. Wait till mid-week for an appliance tech to come and look (had to wait till we had some money :s). They'd said over the phone it'd probably just be a bung thermostat and could be replaced. Turns out there's big problems with the gas and it needed about $600 worth of repairs.

The fridge we'd used before moving is currently with my parents. It had been used for dad's 60th to store excess beer and wine...and I'm pretty certain it wasn't going at all at the party - the bottles definitely weren't cold. So getting that back was out.

So... I had the afternoon off today and had a look round some places. With all the money I've got left I couldn't afford much in the way of fridges, but eventually found a bunch at Norman Ross in the Hutt that were cheaper than everywhere else (even the Harvey Normans just up stairs o_O).

I work with a guy who's been in Wellington for about 6 months... actually probably longer by now, who hasn't had a fridge the entire time. Granted we work in a supermarket and he's there every day and can buy stuff as he needs it, but holy crap what a huge pain in the ass not having any way to keep food cold is.

Oh on top of that we've found we've got MAD ants going on, so a fridge will probably (hopefully...) be the only safe place to keep things anyway. At least until/unless the bait kicks in...
Old 4th October 2008, 00:53     #3747
Pastor Thug
The Man... The Movie...

As much as Metallica have been dissed, no one strums a phrase cooler than James.
FTW!
Old 4th October 2008, 07:48     #3748
MadMax
Stuff

moving into my current flat i made sure i had a brand new washing machine & fridge. screw having an old fridge with mold growing in places you can't clean, weak seals, poor efficiency etc. same for a washing machine - i don't want to be forever repairing one.

as for ants: they'll always be there. you can help the cause by keeping benches wiped and food properly stored, but slip up and they'll be in. poisons only knock them out for a while.
Old 4th October 2008, 08:07     #3749
Kryten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Thug
As much as Metallica have been dissed, no one strums a phrase cooler than James.
FTW!
What's all this kerfuffle about people ripping the Rock Band/Guitar Hero tracks and actually making the album sound better? (something to do with the CD release being over compressed).

The mental image of Lars raging about people on the Internet because of this makes me lol.

Edit - http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/09/...etallicas.html

Last edited by Kryten : 4th October 2008 at 08:09.
Old 4th October 2008, 08:52     #3750
BathTub

More 'Loudness War' crap, it will be much more interesting to compare when the GHWT side gets cracked and we have access to the seperated tracks like we do with Rock Band and now Rock Band 2.
Kevin: Oh yeah, when we do, I would hope that we're smart enough to attempt a doctrine of appeasement with them, you know we offer them, I don't know, New Zealand in exchange for them not burning down my house,.. Ah, I mean our houses.
Mike: Good Kevin, that's real brave.
Mike Nelson & Kevin Murphy - Reign of Fire Rifftrax
Old 4th October 2008, 09:30     #3751
MadMax
Stuff

http://xkcd.com/ so much funny
Old 4th October 2008, 09:39     #3752
Draco T Bastard

Hope this guy's being charged for the cleanup. Shouldn't run to more than a few million dollars.
Old 4th October 2008, 12:13     #3753
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

The loudness war reaches further than electronica?

I thought it was just a drum and bass thing...
Old 4th October 2008, 13:07     #3754
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
One could say that Auckland is no longer OK...
Auckland's current status: amazing.

Sorry bro
Old 4th October 2008, 17:51     #3755
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
The loudness war reaches further than electronica?

I thought it was just a drum and bass thing...
If only... I don't think there's a been an album by a major commercial 'rock'(and its derivatives) band put out this decade that hasn't had the loud turned up to 11.

LOUDER IS BETTERERER. OR FUCKING ELSE.
Old 4th October 2008, 18:26     #3756
NT_VlaD

What will(should) happen is, he will be charged, he broke the law.
It will go to court and cost those of us who actually work and pay taxes, shitloads.
Then he will be found not guilty by a jury.
Thats pretty much exactly how it will happen

The alternative, not charge him = send a huge message to everyone that its ok to smash some useless cunt in the head with a hockey stick.

Altho the outcome will be that message, the plod have to be seen to be upholding the current law.

Pretty straightforward to me.
Mind you I quite like the new texas law, I shot him in the head because I thought I was in danger.
Oh thats ok then ....

There NO ONE that will find this guy guilty ....
Personally I think he should have just shot them all in the head , done us all a favour ...
Shrug...

oh ps

I see petrol is down slightly.
Last time it was $95 us a barrell, petrol was 1.68 at the pump.

Last edited by NT_VlaD : 4th October 2008 at 18:29.
Old 4th October 2008, 18:51     #3757
BloodDonor

yeah sadly for the police, itd probably mean to them theres a prima facie case against the owner, which means they dont get to decide not to prosecute... and tbh, after the hammering the cops have had in the last 2 years about handling cases (people not being charged), im sure theyre wary of being found to be lacking again

feel sorry for the guy though, im sure id have done the same thing

Old 4th October 2008, 19:54     #3758
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

bday + wild turkey + girlfriend + ghostbusters 2 == win
Old 4th October 2008, 20:25     #3759
Nightcrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_VlaD
send a huge message to everyone that its ok to smash some useless cunt in the head with a hockey stick..
Someone who was one in a group of 5 armed with weapons, and who eventually stabbed him in the leg. Yeah, "useless" is definitely an accurate description
Old 4th October 2008, 20:29     #3760
Sp0nge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
bday + wild turkey + girlfriend + ghostbusters 2 == win

wild turkey?

is that what theyre calling it nowdays?