Old 4th May 2012, 15:24     #32241
GM

Cables are 'user interface' TIL.
Old 4th May 2012, 15:39     #32242
Stalk3r

NGGames: Reading Comprehension Optional
Old 4th May 2012, 15:44     #32243
p01s0n

lol if you actually read the threads here instead of just flinging posts around at every opportunity
Old 4th May 2012, 15:46     #32244
Brutus

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n
lol if you actually read the threads here instead of just flinging crap posts around at every opportunity
Explains a lot.
Old 4th May 2012, 15:55     #32245
p01s0n

lol just lol
Old 4th May 2012, 16:20     #32246
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Dem cables got you all confused, huh? Damn. Getting old sucks!
I had a biting retort all prepared but then the phone rang and now I've forgotten it.
Old 4th May 2012, 16:21     #32247
Stalk3r

only coz you used up all your memory meds trying to remember where you put the phone right?
Old 4th May 2012, 16:25     #32248
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I had a biting retort all prepared but then the phone rang and now I've forgotten it.
Should've dictated it into your phone before you made the call tbh. You should really be using its advanced recording capabilities to remember everything Memento style before you forget where you live.

So... cables... confused between power cable and hdmi, huh?
Old 4th May 2012, 16:26     #32249
crocos

Man... I knew Ab was getting old, but this is some next-level old-man stuff today.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 4th May 2012, 16:31     #32250
GM

Give the guy a break, the shock of using inferior non Apple technology probably threw him for a loop.
Old 4th May 2012, 17:26     #32251
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalk3r
only coz you used up all your memory meds trying to remember where you put the phone right?
icloud finds your phone for you
Old 4th May 2012, 17:41     #32252
Stalk3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
icloud finds your phone for you
but you have to remember to use it :P
Old 4th May 2012, 19:01     #32253
Spink

Asked my doctor what steps I should regarding prostate cancer since two of my uncles were diagnosed with it in the past year and I don't really know anything about it. The doctor said straight out "Prostate cancer isn't genetic" and that I was too young for it. I happily told my mum (they're her brothers) that the doctor said it isn't genetic so I don't have to worry about it and she said no way he is full of shit. So I just googled it and it looks like family history of it is one of the 3 main factors in determining risk of prostate cancer.

Wonder if it's time to find a new doctor or if I'm bad at google. I mean I'm not exactly dying to get a finger in my butt and I get the too young thing so I probably won't for many years but telling someone something wrong where it's pretty dangerous to be wrong about it isn't a great trait in a doctor.
Old 4th May 2012, 19:50     #32254
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

So get a blood test instead. No finger required.
Old 4th May 2012, 20:15     #32255
dylan
Huh?

I bet it's nowhere near as much fun doing it that way though.
Old 4th May 2012, 20:18     #32256
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
This old man knows what he is talking about.

Flying cars my arse - this is the technological advance that I was waiting to catch up with.
Old 4th May 2012, 20:50     #32257
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalk3r
but you have to remember to use it :P
cheaaah that's true, but he has kids that learn to computer for him
Old 4th May 2012, 20:50     #32258
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
Wonder if it's time to find a new doctor or if I'm bad at google. I mean I'm not exactly dying to get a finger in my butt and I get the too young thing so I probably won't for many years but telling someone something wrong where it's pretty dangerous to be wrong about it isn't a great trait in a doctor.
So go to another doctor. What's wrong with just doing that?

Anyway, you'd probably enjoy a finger up your butt. Tell the doctor to use plenty of lube, go gently and maybe warm the lube up a bit first. Ask him if he'll massage your prostate while he's in there touching it up.
Old 4th May 2012, 21:15     #32259
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

If you shop around, you might even get a doc who uses two fingers at once.
Old 4th May 2012, 21:34     #32260
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
If you shop around, you might even get a doc who uses two hands on your shoulders at once.
Old 4th May 2012, 22:45     #32261
Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Had this discussion with doctor last year because of the age thing. Said will do the test but latest medical theory was that screening/treating prostate cancer didn't significantly decrease mortality rates. And the complications due to biopsies and treatment statistically cancelled out the benefits. Forget the exact stats but something like %80 of men die with (not from) prostate cancer.

Just FYI, nothing wrong (read scary) with a blood test thou...
Old 4th May 2012, 23:10     #32262
xor

A nurse told me the more you use your prostate gland the less chance you have of getting prostate cancer o_O Not sure if she was offering anything though.
Old 4th May 2012, 23:52     #32263
Spink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice
Had this discussion with doctor last year because of the age thing. Said will do the test but latest medical theory was that screening/treating prostate cancer didn't significantly decrease mortality rates. And the complications due to biopsies and treatment statistically cancelled out the benefits. Forget the exact stats but something like %80 of men die with (not from) prostate cancer.

Just FYI, nothing wrong (read scary) with a blood test thou...
I read similar stats but I read that it was due to asymptomatic prostate cancer and dying due to things completely unrelated since you don't generally get prostate cancer until an old age. Actually the thing I read said they didn't know the exact stats but it was estimated that the people that die with it is greater than those that die from it.
Old 5th May 2012, 00:58     #32264
doppelgänger of someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
A nurse told me the more you use your prostate gland the less chance you have of getting prostate cancer o_O Not sure if she was offering anything though.
I thought she was not OFFERING anything but hinting at willingness to RECEIVE something.
Old 5th May 2012, 01:18     #32265
CCS
Stunt Pants

wat
Old 5th May 2012, 03:14     #32266
BillHague

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
I thought she was not OFFERING anything but hinting at willingness to RECEIVE something.
You know where your prostate is, yes?
Old 5th May 2012, 03:53     #32267
doppelgänger of someone

You also know what it DOES, right?
Old 5th May 2012, 06:17     #32268
BillHague

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgänger of someone
You also know what it DOES, right?

Haha my bad, I had prostate exams on the mind and completely missed what you were saying.

Apologies.
Old 5th May 2012, 10:59     #32269
CCS
Stunt Pants

Doppefagger seems to have missed that the conversation is about things going into asses, rather than dicks going into vaginas. Net result, nerd tries to make lame joke, fails miserably.
Old 5th May 2012, 19:53     #32270
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
That's a fairly good indicator, rather than definitive test. I got a thorough education about this when my father had it a few years back. Get a proper physical exam too.

Last edited by chiQ : 5th May 2012 at 19:54.
Old 6th May 2012, 14:31     #32271
verve_rat

So I'm working on a group project for uni at the moment. The people in this class are all fourth year or graduate students. I now have the task of copy editing a wiki page.

You're all about to graduate or have already done so. Learn to mother fucking English.

Also, this gem on referencing:

Quote:
We are citing solely The Huffington Post[1] for this work but we have checked and followed their citations, we simply feel that replicating their citations would be pointless duplication. The incidents are taken for the most part in-verbatim. We haven't included quotes because parts may have been arranged to fit our context (without altering what they are truly saying). We could have trimmed and edited the incidents to be more matter of fact and bring about points but we felt that would remove the impact of the incidents and it brings to light some good points on it's own. Quotes are solely from The Huffington Post, most of the time when they are quoting an expert.
What?
Old 6th May 2012, 17:44     #32272
Spink

Went to maccas the other day and the queue was a shambles, there were two semi queues, and then a bunch of people lined up along the counter, I thought their orders had already been taken and they were waiting for them to complete and had stepped aside to let someone else order. Then someone who's leaning against the wall pretty far from the queue starts saying in a faux whisper to the other people who seem to be standing aside "It's because you're maori" and "if you were pink you'd get served" and then after the guy finishes serving the current people there's a bit of a ruckus and then the guy serving is like "Sure I'll serve you guys", he's got a heavy spanish accent so I'm sure he doesn't give a fuck about new zealand racial shit goes down and is just trying to earn his mcjob wage. They ofcourse all have to order individually. I finally get to to the counter 10 minutes later because this queue that looked two families long, and thus didn't warrant putting another staff member on the counter is like the epic queue from hell.

It's was dumb as hell these people trying to turn it into a racial thing because they can't work out how to queue at a mcdonalds.
Old 6th May 2012, 18:05     #32273
CCS
Stunt Pants

Serves you right for living in SA. People know how to queue at McDonald's on the Shore because we're white.
Old 6th May 2012, 19:15     #32274
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by verve_rat
So I'm working on a group project for uni at the moment ... Also, this gem on referencing:
What?
Not going to AUT by any chance are ya?
Old 6th May 2012, 19:21     #32275
CCS
Stunt Pants

So you might have heard about this soccer player who smashed the ref in the mouth and got an indefinite ban and an assault charge.

Now the player's old man reckons his grown up son (36 years old, more than old enough to know better) did nothing wrong.

Assault was just 'a slap' says father
Quote:
The footballer accused of breaking a referee's jaw only "slapped" the official, his father says.

Tama Fasavalu was banned indefinitely from all football this week by Auckland Football and is facing an assault charge.

His father, who is suffering from throat cancer, said that Fasavalu was provoked and had hit referee Len Gattsche with an open hand.

"He didn't do anything wrong," said the father.
Oh yeah, he was provoked and so he slapped the ref, so that was alright. The suggestion seems to be that he was provoked by the ref, and hey, refs shouldn't be provoking players, right? So the ref deserved a bit of a tickle around the face.

Let's just revisit what actually happened to the ref:

Quote:
Gattsche had surgery in Middlemore Hospital on his jaw which was broken in three places and was released from hospital on Saturday, his birthday.

He had a plate inserted, his gums drilled and his wisdom teeth removed.

His wife declined to comment on New Zealand Football's decision, however, earlier this week she said doctors had told her it could take her husband eights months to recover.

She said he was doing "okay" despite not being able to open his mouth.

The couple had planned to go out to dinner on Saturday, but instead stayed home.

"That [dinner] went out the door. He couldn't do anything. We have to puree all his meals because he can't open his mouth properly."

Gattsche is not expected to be able to eat solids for two months.
Yeah... jaw broken in 3 places from a slap. Did nothing wrong, eh? Tama Fasavalu is a fucken dickbag.
Old 7th May 2012, 10:14     #32276
dylan
Huh?

Of course he didn't do anything wrong. His father is suffering from throat cancer you insensitive cunt!
Old 7th May 2012, 10:23     #32277
CCS
Stunt Pants

I'll give that fucker an insensitive slap in the throat!
Old 7th May 2012, 10:40     #32278
leadinjector

i used to be a referee like you, til i got slapped in the mouth
Old 7th May 2012, 11:20     #32279
leadinjector

what grinds my gears today is learning a close mate of mine died in a boxing match in Tahiti :/
Old 7th May 2012, 11:31     #32280
Acido

Yeah found out Wilman died yesterday Childhood friend/went to school together

http://www.rnzi.com/pages/news.php?op=read&id=67971

R.I.P