NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12th March 2011, 02:45     #28161
tilde

GMG that im stuck at work for implementation and im not needed until 5 hours later... can't sleep either as people keep walking past. *groan*
Old 12th March 2011, 03:27     #28162
Erazhure

emergency tooth extractions GMG.

having to wait till tuesday to actually get it done really GMG!

pain meds that are meant to tie me over till the extraction having the same effect as water - GRINDS THE TEETH IN MY GEARS!

Its gonna be a looong weekend.
Old 12th March 2011, 11:29     #28163
tilde

GMG that i'm still at work... thats been pretty much a 12 hour shift, and considering i did a full day's work prior i'm pretty much running on caffiene and sugar...
Old 12th March 2011, 11:55     #28164
SumJaun
Cogito Ergo Sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erazhure

pain meds that are meant to tie me over till the extraction having the same effect as water - GRINDS THE TEETH IN MY GEARS!

Not sure where you are in NZ but I visited an emergency dentist (White Cross Emergency Dental Otahuhu) and the tooth was extracted on a Saturday within 30 mins. (20 min of that in the waiting room) Check Google/Yellow Pages, beats 3 days in pain.

Last edited by SumJaun : 12th March 2011 at 11:56.
Old 12th March 2011, 14:14     #28165
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumJaun
Not sure where you are in NZ but I visited an emergency dentist (White Cross Emergency Dental Otahuhu) and the tooth was extracted on a Saturday within 30 mins. (20 min of that in the waiting room) Check Google/Yellow Pages, beats 3 days in pain.
If it's swollen/infected (usually the cause of pain), then the meds are also going to include antibots that will reduce inflammation so that tooth can be pulled out. They wouldn't usually try to yank it out if it's still inflamed I believe.

If it's actually broken (ie: hit in the face with a kiwi cricket bat and half of it's smashed off), then that's a bit shit they're not finding a way to do it immediately. From what I could see my old dentist used to leave a time slot open each day for emergency stuff, since so many kiwis are rubbish at getting their teeth checked before they go bad. (nb: not suggesting this is the case with Erazhure, but I'm sure we all know people with 'sore' teeth that wont go to a dentist because they're worried about the cost or being scolded for not arriving sooner).
Old 12th March 2011, 16:12     #28166
Erazhure

Im in Taranaki.. only reason i cant get in on Monday is its Taranaki anniversary, and the only reason i couldnt get in on friday was coz i was in the damn winz office all day getting approval to get it removed, (im on the sickness benefit) and the dentist was all filled for the day.
There is no emergency tooth pulling at the local hospital.. they will just refer me to the dentist im booked in with. apprently, they will only give me pain meds and send me on my way until i can get in.
This tooth has been its way out for a while. it broke years ago (cant remember how) but was never painfull.
One day when i was living alone i woke up with some sickening pain, and with no car or transport, i took to it with a hammer and a hard rubber object.
heard a nice crack (im guessing i broke the nerve that was giving me gripe) and the pain immediatly stopped.
1 year down the track, i woke with the horrid pain again, this time taking to it with needle nose pliers, and removed most of the tooth. but it was super fragile and just trying to get a good grip broke the tooth off at the gums. but again, the pain stopped.
It hadnt hurt for years... until thursday night. i knew this time was coming eventually.

i can quite easily say this is all because of when i was young, opening bottles and doing shit i shouldnt be doing with this certain tooth.
the things we dont think about when we were younger, certainly coming back to bite. (hah)
Old 12th March 2011, 16:19     #28167
CCS
Stunt Pants

Amber Heard. Fucking dyke. I'll rape her mouth.
Old 12th March 2011, 16:52     #28168
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Im in Taranaki.. only reason i cant get in on Monday is its Taranaki anniversary, and the only reason i couldnt get in on friday was coz i was in the damn winz office all day getting approval to get it removed, (im on the sickness benefit) and the dentist was all filled for the day.
There is no emergency tooth pulling at the local hospital.. they will just refer me to the dentist im booked in with. apprently, they will only give me pain meds and send me on my way until i can get in.
This tooth has been its way out for a while. it broke years ago (cant remember how) but was never painfull.
One day when i was living alone i woke up with some sickening pain, and with no car or transport, i took to it with a hammer and a hard rubber object.
heard a nice crack (im guessing i broke the nerve that was giving me gripe) and the pain immediatly stopped.
1 year down the track, i woke with the horrid pain again, this time taking to it with needle nose pliers, and removed most of the tooth. but it was super fragile and just trying to get a good grip broke the tooth off at the gums. but again, the pain stopped.
It hadnt hurt for years... until thursday night. i knew this time was coming eventually.

i can quite easily say this is all because of when i was young, opening bottles and doing shit i shouldnt be doing with this certain tooth.
the things we dont think about when we were younger, certainly coming back to bite. (hah)
The moral is (with apologise to Ab): Teeth you don't get checked regularly by a dentist, are teeth you don't care about.
Old 12th March 2011, 17:07     #28169
tor

Quote:
i took to it with a hammer and a hard rubber object.
taking to it with needle nose pliers, and removed most of the tooth.
So you think you are dentist and just blacked out during the entire training. Must suck to find that you aren't.
Old 13th March 2011, 00:20     #28170
StN
I have detailed files

GMG working out how to be a parent.

Daughter's best mate's family have decided to bug out of shakey town and head North back home. She's a bit miffed, but I said she can call and Skype as much as she wants, and I'll probably get her a nebook of her own to keep in touch.

But it's nasty, and she's young, and Daddy should make it all go away. But he can't. Someone mentioned that we could have a holiday up there, and it would be cool.

Yeah.

Norway.
Old 13th March 2011, 00:49     #28171
Erazhure

Quote:
Originally Posted by tor
So you think you are dentist and just blacked out during the entire training. Must suck to find that you aren't.
nah.. but when you are in that much pain, and its an Ice storm out there,(not allowed on the roads) you do what you gotta do to stop that kinda pain.
Old 13th March 2011, 01:51     #28172
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Considering that nerves are basically organic electrical cabling, you don't break them by hitting yourself in the tooth with a hammer.
Old 13th March 2011, 02:05     #28173
Erazhure

*shrug* as Tor pointed out, im not a dentist. but after i heard that crack, the pain sure was gone instantly.
dont see why pushing a tooth one direction wouldn't break nerves though.
explain?
fyi, i put a hard rubber "cup" type thing, that i placed on the tooth and hit that. i didnt hit the tooth directly.

it worked though, thats better than waiting for the snow to melt while in intense pain.
had to do what i had to do.

paying for it all now.

Last edited by Erazhure : 13th March 2011 at 02:06.
Old 13th March 2011, 02:44     #28174
tor

Quote:
...i put a hard rubber "cup" type thing
You mean a massive dildo right? Hammer and rubber, all in one. Choke it back man!
Quote:
paying for it all now.
We all get that after swallowing massive dildos that chip our teeth.
Old 13th March 2011, 13:03     #28175
Lightspeed

The truth in this article really GMG.

The Careless Language of Sexual Violence

Pretty hard reading.
Old 13th March 2011, 14:27     #28176
lektronimo

Idiots who type text messages like eleven year old morons GMG. My olds are selling their car on TM and every time somebody wants to look at the car they get a message like it was written by a South Auckland teenage girl. You would think that purchasing a car would require some level of formal communication or at least written in full words/sentences even if their spelling and punctuation is not 100%.
Old 13th March 2011, 14:42     #28177
Erazhure

Quote:
Originally Posted by tor
You mean a massive dildo right? Hammer and rubber, all in one. Choke it back man!

We all get that after swallowing massive dildos that chip our teeth.
oh, ouch, burn on me.
Old 13th March 2011, 16:25     #28178
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Fingers not happening today, tone not happening today, musical ideas not happening today, gears ground.
Old 13th March 2011, 16:40     #28179
MadMax
Stuff

write a song about not being able to write a song.
Old 13th March 2011, 21:21     #28180
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
cut yourself & write a song about not being able to write a song.
fixed
Old 13th March 2011, 22:55     #28181
cyc
Objection!

Very angry Michael Laws sinks to a new low

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sunday-star-t...beral-bleaters

Quote:
IN ALL disasters, the rubble attracts rats. Whether it is physical and fatal, like the Christchurch earthquake, or metaphysical and mystical, like the Paul Henry affair, there are always ferals prepared to feed on the misery of others.

When these rodents are eventually apprehended and exposed to the light, we are always amazed by how nondescript and petty they seem. As was the case with Arie Smith – Cornelis Arie Smith-Voorkamp to give him his full title – the 25-year-old arrested for looting a damaged house days after the Canterbury tragedy.

In fact, the published photos accentuated such feral features – an unusual angularity offset by a blackened eye and the demeanour of one who spends much of his life in the darkness. Overnight, Arie Smith became the face of looting, and a figure of public contempt.

Quote:
But the Arie Smith affair does raise the wider issue of whether having a psychological/behavioural disorder can ever be an excuse for crime. The "oh, you poor dear" response from too many bleeding hearts is exactly why New Zealand's justice system is so weak and ineffective – and why the rights of criminals are considered more important than the rights of their victims.

Smith has Asperger's. Big deal. It was not severe enough for him to require care, nor for him not to be unaware that stealing was wrong. So he had a compulsion. Many people do. But they don't take advantage of others' misery or exploit a natural disaster to satisfy that compulsion.

Even worse is coming

Quote:
In the end, justice has been done, blackened eye and all. Now let's similarly identify the other Christchurch looters and mete out similar justice.
The fact that Michael Laws is breathing grinds my gears.
Old 17th March 2011, 00:08     #28182
MadMax
Stuff

p651

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Cyclist killed taking evasive action to avoid a motorist who opened a car door.

Fucking, fucking retard. I hope the person who opened their took faces charges.
charged http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10712712
Old 17th March 2011, 01:56     #28183
Maulmonk

Quote:

People like this grind my gears.

If i got a dollar for every patient i see that leave getting dental treatment until its giving them extreme pain then i wouldn't need to bother working.

What do you think is going to happen to a shitty mouldy tooth? Regrow? Unless you have some freak regeneration abilities then I think not.

People need to learn that just because it doesn't hurt; doesn't mean that its automatically fixed. If its not hurting, then its probaly going to be easy to fix. By the time it hurts, its 80% of the time too late, and then you're going to have the fun experience of a root canal or an extraction.

Reap what you sow. Don't fucking complain.

PS: going at the tooth using a hammer and thus making the dentists job (and your own experience) of getting the tooth out 100x more difficult grinds my gears even more. What you did was probaly crack the tooth and thereby relieved the pressure a bit and now instead of the exo taking 20 minutes, the dentists probaly going to have to cut your gum, cut bone, and then suture you up. Good luck.
Old 17th March 2011, 08:49     #28184
MadMax
Stuff

... what's a return flight to india worth?
Old 17th March 2011, 09:40     #28185
[WanG] Wandarah

I really need to get my chipped tooth to a dentist.

Maulmonk is scary.
Old 17th March 2011, 10:10     #28186
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by [WanG] Wandarah
I really need to get my chipped tooth to a dentist.

Maulmonk is scary.
I chipped a tooth on wasabi peas a couple of years ago. Went to the dentist immediately, and he said "it's not a problem, but I want to take your wisdom tooth out" ha fun times. So a chip isn't necessarily an impending tooth disaster.
Old 17th March 2011, 10:16     #28187
wazza
*flex*

Doesn't really GMG, but Twitter isn't working at the moment and I need my Joe Rogan fix ;p
Old 17th March 2011, 10:49     #28188
A Corpse
talkative lurker

Angry talking

Spacemonkey grinds my gears. I guess the old adage "you get what you pay for" is true in more ways than one.

Quote:
Dear *************,

This is the second notice that your invoice no. ******** which was generated on
03/03/2011 is now overdue.

Invoice # ********
Amount Due: $0.00 NZD
Due Date: 03/03/2011

Invoice Items
------------------------------------------------------

Sub Total: $0.00 NZD

Credit: $0.00 NZD

Total: $0.00 NZD
------------------------------------------------------

**SNIP**

Important Notes to Web Hosting &amp; Web Management Account Holders
- 14 days after 03/03/2011, Late Payment Fee will be added to the Invoice # ********.
- 21 days after 03/03/2011, your account will be suspended and then unsuspended
immediately upon clearance of the Invoice # ******** with Account Suspension Fee of
$10.00 on top of Late Payment Fee.
- 28 days after 03/03/2011, your account will be terminated and then reinstated
immediately upon clearance of the Invoice # ******** with Account Termination Fee of
$20.00 on top of Late Payment Fee &amp; Account Suspension Fee.

I've had a support case open for 3 weeks about this and have simply not had any response.

Fucking retards.
Old 17th March 2011, 11:12     #28189
Juju
get to da choppa

I'm normally immune to corporate speak... shit I even use it a few times myself ('Ducks in a row' seems to be the weekly favourite).
But I just got a confirmation email from a client following a phone conversation, where he started with "As per our telecon...."

hrm :/
Old 17th March 2011, 11:16     #28190
BillHague

What the problem is?
Old 17th March 2011, 11:39     #28191
CCS
Stunt Pants

What was your reaction? Call him a fucking faggot? Tell him to pull his head out of his arse? Or just a silent facepalm?
Old 17th March 2011, 11:51     #28192
crocos

Quote:
And if you read the last paragraph, quite aside from any actions taken by the driver, it was entirely preventable.

Does this mean the council that decided against the Cyclist Action advice should be brought up on charges? Well, no, but it does point out that there needs to be more knowledge and thought put into roading infrastructure if they are serious about cyclists sharing the roads.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 17th March 2011, 17:48     #28193
Jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
if they are serious about cyclists sharing the roads.
LOL!
Old 17th March 2011, 18:00     #28194
Xanatos
Antagonist Prime

Quote:
Every second I have to spend on the road with my bike convinces me that cars and cyclists will never be compatible. The only solution is dedicated bike tracks which thankfully I live near, gets me into town in a fraction of the time of a car during peak hour and with almost no time on the road.

What we need is this: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006...ty_cycle_1.php

Last edited by Xanatos : 17th March 2011 at 18:01.
Old 17th March 2011, 18:10     #28195
xor

I had the misfortune of driving on the gravel road past Colville while a mountain bike race was taking place. The lane is about 1.5 cars wide meaning there's fuck all room. I had several cyclists go nuts at me, even though I was as far left as I could possibly be. I actually couldn't believe it.

In short, fuck cyclists.
Old 17th March 2011, 18:22     #28196
dylan
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanatos

Awesome! Uhh - where do you get off?
Old 17th March 2011, 18:47     #28197
Cynos

The second looting of Christchurch by landlords, especially commercial ones. We'll remember what you did, you fuckers.
Old 17th March 2011, 18:57     #28198
Xanatos
Antagonist Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan
Awesome! Uhh - where do you get off?
The sweet jump.
Old 17th March 2011, 19:53     #28199
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynos
The second looting of Christchurch by landlords, especially commercial ones. We'll remember what you did, you fuckers.
wat?
Old 17th March 2011, 20:12     #28200
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynos
And do absolutely nothing about it, since, you know, they own all the buildings.