Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 19th April 2013, 13:01     #34081
p01s0n

missed out on a spot at a upcoming track day
Old 22nd April 2013, 16:23     #34082
aR Que

some crazy tax shit. got paid an extra 250 or w/e for doing pies mum, was like chur! after it had gone through the ole govt ringer, $12 came out. can see why everyone around here takes a new vehicle over pay. any other pro tips gt?
Old 24th April 2013, 17:52     #34083
[Malks] Pixie

MSD - in particular Studylink. Is there anything that they cannot monumentally fuck up?

Pixie
Old 24th April 2013, 19:08     #34084
MadMax
Stuff

ask them to put a note on your file that you have stated that the next time they make a balls up, you're going to request a full copy of your entire account under the privacy act, along with requesting a lock be placed on your account(s( - both winz & studylink)).

it's a bunch of work for them as they have to check through all the paperwork before it gets posted to you in case some muppet put someone elses info into the notes (eg, partner/parents/other). the lock means a manager must open your file every time someone wants to make a change.
Old 24th April 2013, 19:19     #34085
[Malks] Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
ask them to put a note on your file that you have stated that the next time they make a balls up, you're going to request a full copy of your entire account under the privacy act, along with requesting a lock be placed on your account(s( - both winz & studylink)).

it's a bunch of work for them as they have to check through all the paperwork before it gets posted to you in case some muppet put someone elses info into the notes (eg, partner/parents/other). the lock means a manager must open your file every time someone wants to make a change.
Already there - requested audio copies of my conversations with their call centre (picking them up on Friday as they don't mail them out any more), requested complete copy of my file notes. Good to know about the lock however - thanks for that.

I've worked government call centres before (a number of them) and I'm pretty gobsmacked that they can be as incompetent as they appear to be.

Pixie
Old 26th April 2013, 12:24     #34086
CCS
Stunt Pants

Rolling eyes

Ugh. Ug Boots. Ecch. They are not fashion wear. They are not for wearing to work either, unless you're a white trash single mum whose idea of work is carrying bubs down to the dairy to get some smokes.
Old 26th April 2013, 15:19     #34087
CCS
Stunt Pants

Useless cunts who are all like "It's Friday! I'm gonna fuck up all my work today!" Newsflash useless cunt, this is a 365 day a year business. Get your shit together and act like a professional
Old 26th April 2013, 15:45     #34088
xor

Try telling that to a doctor :/

"Oh hey, you're dying? Well Dr Robinson will be in some time after 9 on Monday morning"
Old 26th April 2013, 15:55     #34089
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The top 2 articles here:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=10879774
Old 26th April 2013, 16:16     #34090
Evoke

that's the first time I've heard Lenin being described a dictator.
Old 26th April 2013, 16:19     #34091
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Today Robyn Malcolm defended her comments, claiming "There never were any purges under Lenin! And anyway, they were over by 1922!"
Old 26th April 2013, 17:46     #34092
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoke
that's the first time I've heard Lenin being described a dictator.
What do you reckon of Lenin? Good cunt? Bad cunt?
Old 26th April 2013, 18:00     #34093
p01s0n

dead cunt xD
Old 26th April 2013, 18:59     #34094
xor

Embalmed, cunt.
Old 26th April 2013, 23:03     #34095
fidgit
Always itchy

This week my gears are ground by goddam lawyers and goddam thieving dicks.

About a year ago, we were approached by an investigator on behalf of Courier Post, investigating a couple of couriers suspected of stealing stuff. In particular relevance to us was a New World giftcard, that had been stolen and used in-store (and at another store).
She asked if we could review our CCTV footage for the transaction in question, which I did, and subsequently saved the relevant footage and put it on a USB disk for her.

Fast-forward to a bit before Christmas, and out of the blue I get a call from an Officer who is gathering the dotted I's and crossed T's for the prosecution, asking me for a brief of evidence relating to this footage. Easy enough, type it up, sign it off, send it away.

Fast-forward a month later and I get a call from the same Officer - "We need you to make yourself available for the week beginning <date> to give the brief of evidence in person". After a bit of back and forward ("I'm too busy, this is retarded" "aren't we all, I agree, the defence lawyer has all the power") I consent to make myself available to coming to the District Court to give evidence.

Fast-foward to a month later, and the date gets moved. "The defence lawyer has decided she wants the intended recipient of the gift card to be present, but she's out of the country for a month so now it'll be <date>".

Fast-foward to last week. I haven't heard anything for a couple of months but <date> is next Tuesday... better email the coppers. Get a reply "Oh yah thanks for checking, see you next Tuesday - I will call if the Defence Lawyer decides she doesn't want you or the 6 other witnesses, but at this point it looks highly likely she will."

Fast-forward to Tuesday. I took the day of work, since I've never done this before and didn't know what to expect. Also, because parking anywhere near the District Court in Wellington is minimal, and I didn't want to be stuck trying to find a park while I was meant to be in a courtroom going "Yup, I sure put that thur footage on that thur USB stick your Honour".
The Officer in Charge has said she will contact us "after 10" - I assume because before 10 the courts are busy with sorting our juries, and the hearings start after 10. I mill around Lambton Quay, never wandering too far in case I need to get back in a hurray. Eventually, about 11, I get a text from the OC "Oh hai gauise - defendant one pled guilty, defendant two didn't show up, looks like you wont be needed just waiting for the defence lawyer to agree. Will confirm shortly.". Yay. (Although boo, I've never been in a courtroom, and was kind of looking forward to seeing one from the inside, not just on TV). About an hour later, a call - "thanks, we wont need you. second guy not showing up means the case gets bumped up the food chain and all you witnesses from this hearing wont be needed".

So: why on earth did the defence lawyer maintain this ridiculous charade, for 6 months at least, that it was necessary to get myself, my counter-part from another store, the woman who's only involvement was not receiving stolen property, and several people from Auckland that had to fly down (and would have been in Wellington that morning, though I didn't end up getting to meet them in person), for what such a blindingly clear-cut crime?

I agree that there are almost certainly hearings where it is necessary to be able to question everyone providing evidence, but goddam woman, this wasn't one of them.

(edit - the guy that pled guilty got diversion, the guy that no-showed is... up for deportation? I can see why he didn't come to court lol...)

Also GMG - after I got the 'wont be needed' I went and saw Olympus has Fallen (since R16 meant I would avoid the kids on holidays), and it just wasn't that great a movie. At all.
Old 30th April 2013, 16:29     #34096
xor

A female azn(lol) driver scraped my wife's car yesterday.

She said not to deal with the insurance company as she doesn't won't cover her excess (warning 1)
She then asked my wife to pay the panel beater and she would pay my wife back (warning 2). My wife said that seeing as the azn scraped her car that she would need to pay for the damage.
She then told me to take it to a specific panel beater that she knew (warning 3)
I pulled up to the panel beater and he said 'are you from the childcare centre?' (warning 4)
He then said that he'd buff over the deep scratch and he'd paint half the bumper (warning 5)
I then drove around the corner to another panel beater who said if you painted half a bumper that it would look like shit and that you couldn't buff out a scrape that deep.
So I called that lady and told her I wasn't comfortable to see her panel beater because he offered a substandard fix, to which she replied 'he's a good family friend, i'll ask him to do a good job'
I lol'd and said I got a quote for $350 to get my bumper and panel repainted and she could either give me cash or deal with my insurance company.
She then asked if her husband could meet me at the panel beater of my choosing, to which I replied 'yes, i'll see him at 4:30pm'. But no, that time didn't suit so she sent me a text message asking if I could find somewhere else and try to get a discount.

Fucking lol, called the insurance company and now they can deal with it. Which is what I should have done to begin with.
Old 30th April 2013, 17:11     #34097
CCS
Stunt Pants

GG TBH. Go to directly to insurance company, do not pass go. Azns (and injuns) who were not raised to our way of life are typically devious cunts. I mean, I've been dicked about enough by white people to refuse to deal with anyone but the insurance people, but with Azn/Injn it's a way of life to be devious because that's how they get ahead in their own countries.

Reminds me of when an Azn fella wiped out off the motorway in front of me. Wet road, speeding, dude nearly crashes into a car, fish tails, goes off motorway, leaves gouge through grass shoulder and smashes into armco. I stop to make sure he's alright and not drunk etc. First thing I do is call 111 so that there's no delay in emergency response. Azn is straight out of his car saying "Oh you don't need to do that. I'll call the police. You can go." Haha yeah right buddy. At the very least you need to be breathalysed.
Old 30th April 2013, 17:13     #34098
p01s0n

azns are so fucking crafty.

today everything is grinding my gears. i think it's just one of those days.
Old 30th April 2013, 18:26     #34099
Luse

On Saturday this guy (coincidentally an Asian guy) pushed his door open in a car park and put a dent in mine while I was loading gear into it on the other side. I had a go at him about being careful and walked around to check out the damage when he just walked off. I was shouting after him for his details but he just replied with "Sorry" and walked off.

I couldn't leave all my stuff in the rain so I packed it in the car, called my insurance company who told me to call the police. Got an email from them 5 minutes after laying the complaint with "willful damage" blah blah.

Gears ground and oiled.
Old 30th April 2013, 19:12     #34100
p01s0n

lol owned, chink.
Old 30th April 2013, 19:43     #34101
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luse
On Saturday this guy (coincidentally an Asian guy) pushed his door open in a car park and put a dent in mine while I was loading gear into it on the other side. I had a go at him about being careful and walked around to check out the damage when he just walked off. I was shouting after him for his details but he just replied with "Sorry" and walked off.

I couldn't leave all my stuff in the rain so I packed it in the car, called my insurance company who told me to call the police. Got an email from them 5 minutes after laying the complaint with "willful damage" blah blah.

Gears ground and oiled.
Out of curiosity, because I've never been in this situation (only been the guy doing the ding-ing :s [and left a note with several ways to contact me, including that I was inside the pub next to where I'd just scrapped him]) - did you just give the Police his licence place number?
Old 30th April 2013, 20:30     #34102
xor

Charlie is one slippery SOB
Old 1st May 2013, 20:06     #34103
MadMax
Stuff

C'mon tvnz get your shit together. Your background screen is peeling off the wall, you can't synchronise your slide show videos with the dicta-text and constant studio noise. Shambles.
Old 1st May 2013, 22:46     #34104
CCS
Stunt Pants

Guy has no idea what he's talking about ^^^
Old 2nd May 2013, 09:44     #34105
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Again.
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:10     #34106
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
A female azn(lol) driver scraped my wife's car yesterday.

She said not to deal with the insurance company as she doesn't won't cover her excess (warning 1)
She then asked my wife to pay the panel beater and she would pay my wife back (warning 2). My wife said that seeing as the azn scraped her car that she would need to pay for the damage.
She then told me to take it to a specific panel beater that she knew (warning 3)
I pulled up to the panel beater and he said 'are you from the childcare centre?' (warning 4)
He then said that he'd buff over the deep scratch and he'd paint half the bumper (warning 5)
I then drove around the corner to another panel beater who said if you painted half a bumper that it would look like shit and that you couldn't buff out a scrape that deep.
So I called that lady and told her I wasn't comfortable to see her panel beater because he offered a substandard fix, to which she replied 'he's a good family friend, i'll ask him to do a good job'
I lol'd and said I got a quote for $350 to get my bumper and panel repainted and she could either give me cash or deal with my insurance company.
She then asked if her husband could meet me at the panel beater of my choosing, to which I replied 'yes, i'll see him at 4:30pm'. But no, that time didn't suit so she sent me a text message asking if I could find somewhere else and try to get a discount.

Fucking lol, called the insurance company and now they can deal with it. Which is what I should have done to begin with.
yeah i dont get involved at all anymore, its straight to insurance company for me everytime since i had an incident way back in high school- some fucking idiot (azn too, lolol) pulled out of a carpark (a parallel park too so hecould easily see me) right into the side of me as i drove down a road. did it in front of two teachers.

took fucking ages to sort it out because i tried to sort it out minus insurance and he gave me the runaround for a while- referred me on to his pastor (he was a honestay or something), his pastor was leaving the country for a month the next day (?!? who the fuck was gonna look after him then?) and asked to sort it out when he get back, they tried to get me to go to some dodgy mechanic, and then finally tried to say it was my fault. ended up just giving the info to the insurance company, but what a goddamn headache.
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:18     #34107
Cyberbob

FYI, next time I get dinged by a person of European descent, I'm going to expressly note that he was white. You know, for reference.
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:47     #34108
CCS
Stunt Pants

Alright, let us know when that happens. I've been hit only by white people, but it's chinks that I see doing the dumbest/scariest shit on the road.

In other gmg:

Quote:
So let me tell you about the shittiest parent on the motherfucking planet.

I work at a grocery store and this man comes in with his 11 year old son. He buys a pack a cigarettes and a two cases of beer. The son was holding a two dollar drawing pad and placed it on the belt and I guess the dad didn’t notice it at first but when I was about to scan the pad he asked where’d it have come from and turned towards the kid and asked “Did you put that shit up there?”. He told me to put it back and then told his 11 year old child that he “ain’t paying for that gay ass notebook.”. So I looked at the kid, who was close to tears and saying how he ran out of paper at home and my heart broke. So I gave the pad to him, for free, and told the dad I would take care of it. I gave the kid some tokens for a game outside and said I would look forward to buying some of his drawings and paintings when he’s all famous. He kids face was so priceless and I thought everything was good. But then, about 10 ten minutes after giving the kid his notebook, I walked outside and saw this. The drawing pad all ripped up and tossed on the pavement. I could only imagine what happened in the parking lot, but I know that that poor kid heart is fucking ripped apart, just like this pad.

I’m fucking horrified that there are parents like this, who, just because it’s not masculine or gender specificthey won’t let their children follow their true passions or explore interests that lead to their happiness. Even more so, I’m horrified that parents don’t care about the fine arts anymore because it doesn’t have job security. Since when did it ever matter to a child if their passion makes them money or not? Parenting is about supporting whatever makes your child happy. Have some fucking consideration for your child’s wants not your homophobic and anti-art ideals.

Cunt
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:54     #34109
Luse

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgit
Out of curiosity, because I've never been in this situation (only been the guy doing the ding-ing :s [and left a note with several ways to contact me, including that I was inside the pub next to where I'd just scrapped him]) - did you just give the Police his licence place number?
Yeah. I called them and gave them the plate number, they looked it up and confirmed the colour, make, and model of the car then took my details and a brief statement. Then about 10 minutes later I got a copy of the complaint form emailed to me.

I still haven't heard back from AMI though :/
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:03     #34110
pxpx

hottie of day thread has been updated and i'm at work
Old 2nd May 2013, 20:16     #34111
aR Que

thought, fuckit, will get one of those taxrefund mother fuckers to do me a tax refund, you know, get refunded some tax, choice. (way to lazy to figure that shit out myself) Log on and all that shit, realise i can't find my RWT certificate, so give up, and have a beer instead.

Day later, check email, email from tax refunds "HI, WE FORWARDED SOME STUFF TO IRD, YOU OWE THEM SOME MONEY, KTHNXBYE". and sure enough, an email from IRD with a bill attached.

Yeap. Good one cunts. Need to get on their fucking ad:
"What's your woohoo monet?"
"Oh, you know, the part where you dobbed me into IRD."

Going to abuse the shit out of them tomorrow, will be sweet.
Old 3rd May 2013, 00:46     #34112
CCS
Stunt Pants

That's sure to work out in your favour!
Old 3rd May 2013, 09:14     #34113
aR Que

i don't expect to win anything if that's what you mean? but, i Will be able to call the cunts cunts, which will make me feel a bit better about coughing up $500
Old 3rd May 2013, 09:29     #34114
Cyberbob

I did my aussie tax estimate through H&R last year.
Was hoping for a nice return, but nope. I owed them $800. Didn't have to pay it until the ATO sent me letters half a year later, so it was less of a surprise when that rolled around.
But still, sucks.

Thanks Obama.
Old 3rd May 2013, 09:36     #34115
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by aR Que
i don't expect to win anything if that's what you mean? but, i Will be able to call the cunts cunts, which will make me feel a bit better about coughing up $500
Reckon you should read your Ts and Cs eh.
Old 3rd May 2013, 12:01     #34116
Trigger
Laserman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Thanks Obama.
Old 3rd May 2013, 12:09     #34117
Trigger
Laserman

Quote:
thought, fuckit, will get one of those taxrefund mother fuckers to do me a tax refund, you know, get refunded some tax, choice. (way to lazy to figure that shit out myself) Log on and all that shit, realise i can't find my RWT certificate, so give up, and have a beer instead.

Day later, check email, email from tax refunds "HI, WE FORWARDED SOME STUFF TO IRD, YOU OWE THEM SOME MONEY, KTHNXBYE". and sure enough, an email from IRD with a bill attached.
loled as, way to pick the right tax refund provider

how about this one?
https://www.taxrefunds.co.nz/faq_cla...efund.aspx#q08

Quote:
What If I Owe the IRD?
Don’t worry. If you owe tax, you don’t pay — we only calculate how much your refund might be. If our calculation reveals you owe tax, then we don’t submit your claim for processing.
poor RQ :<
Old 3rd May 2013, 19:26     #34118
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
thought, fuckit, will get one of those taxrefund mother fuckers to do me a tax refund, you know, get refunded some tax, choice. (way to lazy to figure that shit out myself)
idgi

why would you pay a third party to do it for you when you can do EXACTLY THE SAME THING ON THE IRD WEBSITE AND GET 100% OF YOUR MONEY INSTEAD

(unless you're derp and somehow think you'll get away with not paying your shortfall)

Last edited by MadMax : 3rd May 2013 at 19:27.
Old 3rd May 2013, 19:27     #34119
aR Que

that's the kicker, i never asked them to 'help' me at all, i merely logged on. they took it upon themselves to make my day.
Old 3rd May 2013, 19:29     #34120
MadMax
Stuff

^ result probably still the same, unless you can wrangle out of it somehow saying you were just playing with the figures and that the info wasn't correct/complete.

If i were you i'd use the ird website to resubmit your info, or else ring the ird and state that what was submitted by them was possibly incorrect. They're actually quite helpful these days. call during your lunch break even - wait time is good even at 12.30pm

Last edited by MadMax : 3rd May 2013 at 19:31.