Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I find that alcohol helps.
Absolutely
Old 16th October 2012, 22:50     #36082
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
It's not worth the trouble of doing even that. I'm getting to a point where I don't feel the need to respond at all most of the time, and when I do feel a reaction I just shrug it off. I only like one of the people who irks me in this forum. The rest I am indifferent to, so it's generally like water off a duck's back. I may be getting old.
I prefer to think of it as growing up than getting old. Growing has a lot more potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink
Did Lightspeed ever send the promised alcohol?
Well if I made such a promise, then it was made foolishly and I regret it because I know I would find it very difficult asking for Ab's address.
Old 16th October 2012, 22:55     #36083
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
I would find it very difficult asking for Ab's address.
No, you'd be able to ask for his address just fine. I suspect what you would find challenging is actually GETTING his address.

/edit: but then maybe that wouldn't turn out to be so challenging either if you actually were intending to send alcohol...?

Last edited by Nothing : 16th October 2012 at 22:57.
Old 16th October 2012, 23:30     #36084
CCS
Stunt Pants

Poor lolspeed, having a waa waa because people on the internet are being mean to him. Playing the victim once again.
Old 17th October 2012, 00:49     #36085
p01s0n

being a beta phaggot once again, u mean
Old 17th October 2012, 01:21     #36086
CCS
Stunt Pants

That too.
Old 17th October 2012, 09:50     #36087
aR Que

Meh, LS is all good.

People read his posts, then read mine and i come off looking golden.

Keep up the good work, champ.
Old 17th October 2012, 11:40     #36088
pxpx

If anything, Ab should be sending all of us alcohol, what with being surrounded by over 9000 wineries/vineyards.
Old 17th October 2012, 12:27     #36089
Baxton

I find LS quite interesting at times. Problem is if someone really calls him out on something he dosn't tend to have the convictions of his arguement to back himself.
Old 17th October 2012, 14:21     #36090
Cyberbob

Oh god I hope Obama wins this one.
Old 17th October 2012, 14:24     #36091
Baxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
Oh god I hope Obama wins this one.
the claim he hasn't done anything pales when you look at team mitt and imagine the unsolicited penetration they would force on the US economy.
Old 17th October 2012, 14:36     #36092
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxton
the claim he hasn't done anything pales when you look at team mitt and imagine the unsolicited penetration they would force on the US economy.
That's fine and dandy, but if Obama doesn't refute Mitts lies and mistakes in the debate, it doesn't matter.
Old 17th October 2012, 14:39     #36093
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I seem to recall a bottle of whisky being mentioned; however when we actually got together at NZGalbraithapalooza Jan 2011 (shit was it that long ago?), the best he could do was a pint of Steinlager light.

To be fair, that's what I asked for when Lightspeed said it was his shout. Didn't want to start the year by getting busted DIC eh
Old 17th October 2012, 14:40     #36094
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I seem to recall a bottle of whisky being mentioned; however when we actually got together at NZGalbraithapalooza Jan 2011 (shit was it that long ago?), the best he could do was a pint of Steinlager light.
When are you coming back for another one of these?
Old 17th October 2012, 14:47     #36095
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi
When are you coming back for another one of these?
Forsooth.
Old 17th October 2012, 19:10     #36096
CCS
Stunt Pants

ABs using technology to thwart espionage

Quote:
The All Blacks have employed cutting edge technology to carry tactical messages from the coaching box to the playing field.

New Christchurch-designed radios virtually eliminate the threat of espionage by making hacking of transmissions virtually impossible.

Digital encryption of the radios' frequencies make much more difficult any oppositions' covert attempts to listen in on Steve Hansen's top secret communications to his players and staff at ground level.
I'm a bit lost there... what's cutting edge about encrypting radios?
Old 17th October 2012, 19:49     #36097
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Well given that it's the NZRU, with its level of all-round professional competence, I expect that up until now they've been using a Dora the Explorer Walkie-Talkie set purchased at The Warehouse.
Old 17th October 2012, 19:53     #36098
CCS
Stunt Pants

Fuck mate, she'll be right.
Old 17th October 2012, 20:16     #36099
mpx

Can pregnant women eat icing? Like butter + icing sugar + vanilla extract? Or what about cream and chocolate to make a ganache? I know creamcheese icing is out so I'm not sure.
Old 17th October 2012, 20:24     #36100
Spink

Asking NZG is about as safe as googling it if you're taking the life of a baby in your hands, this says that cream cheese is fine, http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnanc.../cheeseexpert/

This other thing I read said that cream, as well as cream cheese, is bad if you aren't sure if it has been freshly opened or not - http://www.ohbaby.co.nz/pregnancy/di...cy/eating-out/
Old 17th October 2012, 20:30     #36101
Spink

http://www.babble.com/pregnancy/preg...egnancy-myths/
fun read after going through all that trash on google
Old 18th October 2012, 08:59     #36102
xor

It's weird seeing new houses go up in places like Epsom and Mt Eden. I would have thought that medium density housing would be the way forward by now. There's one block of land on Mt Eden rd, it's probably 1600-1800m2 and they are building four houses on it.
Old 18th October 2012, 09:01     #36103
Baxton

from what I remember most of the problem is the freshness of stuff. i.e food that degrades and has been sitting around is a no-no.

is what if you are going make make/cook something and eat right away it is generally safe.
Old 18th October 2012, 09:36     #36104
chiQ
Frag-muff

I want one of these, for those frosty mornings:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ec0a/?cpg=47833710
Old 18th October 2012, 11:24     #36105
MadMax
Stuff

Random request from the latest pc build ... They want to build the pc themselves with me telling them how to do it, watching over their shoulder. They want the 'I built this myself' bonus points.
Old 18th October 2012, 11:29     #36106
A Corpse
talkative lurker

OK, that'll take twice as long (I'm being generous here) than if it were to be built normally, so assembly fee is doubled.
Old 18th October 2012, 12:04     #36107
Stalk3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Random request from the latest pc build ... They want to build the pc themselves with me telling them how to do it, watching over their shoulder. They want the 'I built this myself' bonus points.
relatively common
Old 18th October 2012, 13:32     #36108
xor

Bet they're all dooodz though right? No hawt bitches wanna see you insert your ram into their box
Old 18th October 2012, 14:03     #36109
[fe]

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
There's one block of land on Mt Eden rd, it's probably 1600-1800m2 and they are building four houses on it.
More of these <ockham> please.
Old 18th October 2012, 14:04     #36110
aR Que

hahaha
Quote:
Developing the orginal the design to the door, and making sure it is both practical in construction terms as well as cost effeictive.
Recruitment companies, glad they're top notch, eh.
useless mother fuckers.
Old 18th October 2012, 20:19     #36111
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
There's one block of land on Mt Eden rd, it's probably 1600-1800m2 and they are building four houses on it.
In the last year we moved out into the country, well sort of the country - we're 3 minutes to the mall but our section is 26,000m2 or so. Now I know real rural would be 100 times that amount or more but there is a feeling a separation which suits me nonetheless.

I now find the suburbs decidedly claustrophobic and the thought of moving back to a postage stamp barely big enough to fit the house isn't appealing at all. And, even before we moved I thought it was sad that so many people are choosing to live in a house with no garden - I particularly don't get why in this country there is a need to build terraced housing; there is ghetto being built down the road which seems insane given barely a kilometer away there is acreage aplenty.
Old 18th October 2012, 21:47     #36112
madmaxii

One word:

Councils
Old 19th October 2012, 09:51     #36113
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Teapot
In the last year we moved out into the country, well sort of the country - we're 3 minutes to the mall but our section is 26,000m2 or so. Now I know real rural would be 100 times that amount or more but there is a feeling a separation which suits me nonetheless.

I now find the suburbs decidedly claustrophobic and the thought of moving back to a postage stamp barely big enough to fit the house isn't appealing at all. And, even before we moved I thought it was sad that so many people are choosing to live in a house with no garden - I particularly don't get why in this country there is a need to build terraced housing; there is ghetto being built down the road which seems insane given barely a kilometer away there is acreage aplenty.
I'm gonna take an educated guess and say the ghetto you are referring to is the development next to Albany pub.
It's called zoning, as I am sure you are aware. Not to mention the cost of your property will be in the millions.
Old 19th October 2012, 10:08     #36114
aR Que

Something about infill housing and density.
Old 19th October 2012, 10:53     #36115
doppelgänger of someone

Something about public transport becoming more attractive for higher density housing, => less motorway extensions. Pah, this stuff is for peons.
Old 19th October 2012, 12:47     #36116
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Did my public service and shaved the head/beard of a homeless sort of guy. He does have a home, but it's a council flat, and it's grotty as - kittens, dirtbox, windows shut. He's a Newtown loopy, looks like Charles Manson.

Yuck, the fucking scalp flakes that were buried in that matted mess. Had to try not to gag, and I didn't inhale in case I smelt his head. It looked like you could get a teaspoon and scrape off the dead skin. Disgusting! Even nicked a pimple/mole and drew blood. Yuck.

Did a full teardown/cleanse/rebuild of my clippers after that shit.

Some people are fucking gross.
Old 19th October 2012, 13:11     #36117
Pepsi
Konnichiwa, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Did my public service and shaved the head/beard of a homeless sort of guy. He does have a home, but it's a council flat, and it's grotty as - kittens, dirtbox, windows shut. He's a Newtown loopy, looks like Charles Manson.

Yuck, the fucking scalp flakes that were buried in that matted mess. Had to try not to gag, and I didn't inhale in case I smelt his head. It looked like you could get a teaspoon and scrape off the dead skin. Disgusting! Even nicked a pimple/mole and drew blood. Yuck.

Did a full teardown/cleanse/rebuild of my clippers after that shit.

Some people are fucking gross.
Yikes
Old 19th October 2012, 13:15     #36118
Deadmeat

I suggest in the future you use fire instead.
Old 19th October 2012, 14:41     #36119
p01s0n

yup, sloots are gonna sloot
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-Twitter.html
Old 19th October 2012, 14:42     #36120
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
I'm gonna take an educated guess and say the ghetto you are referring to is the development next to Albany.
No I'd forgotten about that. I meant the development where centrepoint used to be. It's tiny footprint terraced housing going up accross most of it. Zoning is a problem since as you know rural land is worth almost nothing on the scale a homeowner normally wants.

Mine was not all that expensive - lifestyle is out of fashion at the moment. The poor previous owner paid $400k more than we paid them; they bought in 2007 and had their business fail as far as I can determine and so had to sell at the very worst time.