Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Buy/Sell/Exchange
User Name
Password

Old 6th May 2008, 13:06     #401
wugambino
Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lay
For a couple of times now most recently, I have used Aquilatech http://www.aquilatech.co.nz/ and while it has only been about two orders so far, they definitely have good customer service and are prompt. They are Lower Hutt based and I have only had stuff sent to Welly, so I'm not sure what they are like for stuff out of town.

I got recommended to them by a work mate who has used them for a couple of year and he has always had great service from them.
We use them for all our purchasing of miscellaneous shit at work , they are very good.

compulink are , stalk3r smokes a pipe

oczone are pretty shit , I ordered something from them a few weeks ago and got an e-mail the following day saying " lols we forgot to charge you a courier feel ^^KEKEKE^^ , Can you please give us 6 more dollars " :\
Old 7th May 2008, 07:54     #402
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Ascent is a bit shit at the moment. Ordered a brand new system for my brother. Couple pieces were on back order for a week which was fine but once they had all the components it took an extra 10 days before everything arrived. The system arrived and the LCD display on the case was smashed. Sent it back for replacement. It's been 14 days and it STILL hasn't been replaced despite numerous emails and a phone call. Eventually one of the managers rung and said they'd double the RAM for free ($85 value) and he would make sure it was on it's way ASAP. Entire system has dropped in value by $4.05 since it was ordered too :P

Okay I suppose but my previous experiences with Ascent have been MUCH MUCH better than this.
Old 7th May 2008, 12:09     #403
Nuclear

I ordered a system from Ascent for my parents last week. Built it using their system builder, ordered and paid on a tuesday, had all items by friday.

One of the RAM sticks was faulty though, hopefully it wont take long to sort out.
Old 7th May 2008, 12:25     #404
Helious

Wink

I ordered a system from Ascent on a Tuesday at 4pm -- had it delivered at 7:55am the following morning.

Everything was in working order!

Go figure.
Old 7th May 2008, 13:19     #405
CCS
Stunt Pants

I ordered a video card from Ascent once. It was hand delivered 2 mins later by a midget in a string bikini who gave me a rimjob. If that isn't great service, I don't know what is.
Old 7th May 2008, 14:32     #406
Nuclear

Well some kid in a delorean just dropped off the computer from ascent i was thinking about ordering in about 6 months.
Old 7th May 2008, 15:38     #407
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Placed an order for 512M RAM at 3pm Friday, then cancelled it 20 mins later when I realised the m0b0 took SD not DDR.

Got an email on Monday to say "Your order has been shipped!"

Seems the cancellations are done manually and didn't happen in time. Oh well~ They offered to let me return it, but I'm just gonna hang on to it for future use.

Ordered a 250GB SATA laptop drive for my Macbook on Monday which arrived today.

No problems here.
Old 7th May 2008, 15:49     #408
Helious

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
I ordered a video card from Ascent once. It was hand delivered 2 mins later by a midget in a string bikini who gave me a rimjob. If that isn't great service, I don't know what is.
oh, 2hours and 30mins for me to see this gem!

lawlers
Old 7th May 2008, 17:01     #409
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear
Well some kid in a delorean just dropped off the computer from ascent i was thinking about ordering in about 6 months.
So you don't need to order it then? But then you won't get the computer. But then you will place the order. But then the universe will explode!

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 8th May 2008, 08:24     #410
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
I ordered a system from Ascent on a Tuesday at 4pm -- had it delivered at 7:55am the following morning.

Everything was in working order!

Go figure.
Are you saying I'm a fucking liar Helious?
Old 8th May 2008, 11:40     #411
Jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
Are you saying I'm a fucking liar Helious?
Oooh, I haven't been to galbraiths for a while.
Old 20th May 2008, 14:08     #412
RedeviL

Well, ordered a CPU and RAM from OC zone yesterday.
Get a response back, both are unavailable due to stock.

After 5 changes of both CPU and RAM we get to one which IS in stock this morning. Sweet, I think, I can deposit the cash directly into the account and have it shipped today!

Did that, reply to the email saying as much.
Get the response that they only check the account in the morning, they will confirm tomorrow. WTF! :/

I found their website aweful to navigate, it was easier finding stuff on Pricespy then using the link to the items on their site! Guess we'll see once the goods arrive.

I also dealt with Computer Lounge and PlayTech.
Both of them where very helpful, speedy and the goods shipped the same day I ordered because I cash deposited.
Old 20th May 2008, 20:07     #413
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeviL
Sweet, I think, I can deposit the cash directly into the account and have it shipped today!
Uh, no. If doing cash deposit most businesses won't ship until they see it in their account - usually the next business day (or upto 3 business days if either account is Westpac).

The "Will check in the morning" thing is actually fairly normal, as it means they're checking at the earliest time that it will show in their account.

Old 21st May 2008, 06:55     #414
Deff
I felt shocked

Quote:
oc zone order
WHY!
The place doesn't even exist as such, they hide down the back of another computer shop (super services), have no signs out, nothing!!!!!!!!

Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy!

Lots of bad feedback, will not trade again!

CHEAPEST IS NOT ALWAYS BEST!
Old 21st May 2008, 08:24     #415
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Well, ordered a CPU and RAM from OC zone yesterday.
Get a response back, both are unavailable due to stock.

After 5 changes of both CPU and RAM we get to one which IS in stock this morning. Sweet, I think, I can deposit the cash directly into the account and have it shipped today!

Did that, reply to the email saying as much.
Get the response that they only check the account in the morning, they will confirm tomorrow. WTF! :/

I found their website aweful to navigate, it was easier finding stuff on Pricespy then using the link to the items on their site! Guess we'll see once the goods arrive.

I also dealt with Computer Lounge and PlayTech.
Both of them where very helpful, speedy and the goods shipped the same day I ordered because I cash deposited.
After your 2nd paragraph I'm astouned you stil purchased from them, can't have saved you that much money.
Old 21st May 2008, 09:21     #416
RedeviL

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
Uh, no. If doing cash deposit most businesses won't ship until they see it in their account - usually the next business day (or upto 3 business days if either account is Westpac).

The "Will check in the morning" thing is actually fairly normal, as it means they're checking at the earliest time that it will show in their account.
It's normal for internet banking and transfers which take that long.
But I went into their bank (ASB) and deposited cash directly into their account so that it would appear instantly.

But yeah - after seeing this thread I regret using them, to rub salt in the wound in the end I didn't save ANYTHING using them. It would have cost just as much to use Computer Lounge. Less even, due to combined shipping!
Old 21st May 2008, 20:00     #417
crocos

Quote:
I went into their bank (ASB) and deposited cash directly into their account so that it would appear instantly.
Ah, OK then - as you were.

Old 21st May 2008, 20:14     #418
Native
I... err - F*ck It.

Thumbs up Ascent

Ordered a PSU @ 8:45pm in Auckland.

11am the next day it was on my desk @ work.
Old 22nd May 2008, 08:55     #419
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native
Ordered a PSU @ 8:45pm in Auckland.

11am the next day it was on my desk @ work.
Yep they're quick as, as long as you don't request they assemble anything for you No matter what the order says, they'll just leave it sitting on the bench waiting for parts they assume a build should have even if you haven't ordered them. e.g. my brother ordered a system minus hard drives. All the parts at with them for a week before they rung and asked why no hard drives were ordered before they bothered assembling. When I ordered my system they called me to ask where the CPU was instead of just assembling everything else. *sigh*
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:21     #420
Nuclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear
I ordered a system from Ascent for my parents last week. Built it using their system builder, ordered and paid on a tuesday, had all items by friday.

One of the RAM sticks was faulty though, hopefully it wont take long to sort out.

Yeah so its 2 weeks later and I havent got my replacement yet. Apparently it was sent on tuesday, after much pissing around.
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:28     #421
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Similar experience to mine, sounds like their RMT process is not so shit hot at the moment.
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:49     #422
Nuclear

Thumbs up

I got an email from Eliot, the operations manager who happened to see my post on here. He is sorting out my replacement for me. Kudos.
Old 22nd May 2008, 14:57     #423
Helious

Thumbs up

NZGames. Where membership gets results.
Old 22nd May 2008, 15:10     #424
Nuclear

I started buying from ascent years ago because of what was said on nzgames about them. we're like the ascent fan club.
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:07     #425
RedeviL

Well, all my parts arrived yesterday.
Well packed and no issues - even with OC zone one.

While after having a bumpy start, and it not saving me any money - I did get what I paid for and promptly.

My rating:
Playtech - A+
Fast, helpful and well priced. Got the goods to me first.
Website is easy to use and wrangle.

Computer Lounge - A
Well packaged, got there a day after Playtech. Exactly as I wanted!
Very nice website to navigate and use.

OC zone - B
Arrived same day at Computer Lounge, packed well and sold me exactly what I ordered - getting there was a job in itself. Website while appearing OK, lacked any real depth in usability - 2 columns of items = shite. It definitly needed stock notification on the items PRIOR to purchasing.
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:02     #426
Nuclear

Thumbs up

Saga is over. My replacement arrived this morning and system is now finished. Many thanks to the lurkers from Ascent
Old 26th May 2008, 19:45     #427
eliot

*cough*
Old 10th July 2008, 15:05     #428
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

are oem computers still ok?
Old 12th August 2008, 14:46     #429
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Another purchase from ExtremePC.

Deposited the cash through online banking at 11am. Status says shipped at 2.40pm, that's FAST for an online payment isn't it? Even if we are the same bank.
Old 12th August 2008, 17:58     #430
crocos

Same bank being the key: It's a bank-internal transaction. Still takes overnight to officially clear, but the tx shows up pretty quick.

Old 20th September 2008, 11:08     #431
Rep

For me, instant gratification is the key, if I can walk off the street and just,
"I came, I saw, I purchased" I will always do it.

Got my new LG w2252TQ like that, paid $80 more than the cheapest in NZ but fuck it, I achieved gratification.
Old 20th September 2008, 11:53     #432
BloodDonor

big fan of ascent, been ordering from them for 6~ years

ordered a video card from OC Zone, got an automated email accepting order with a "confirmation of stock/price" email to follow, i waited 2 days, emailed them, and then waited 2 more days and emailed them again... never got 1 reply

Old 28th January 2009, 10:51     #433
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

OMG! Don't buy anything online from JayCar!!! 7 January I placed my order, still not arrived what the hell? I've called 5 times and every time they've said they need to call me back because their server is down or they're having IT issues. I swear to God if they don't call me back this time I'm going to scream, I don't even want my order anymore I just want a refund, waste of time. Don't bother.
Old 28th January 2009, 10:53     #434
Pimp-X
Drunken Annoying
Superhero Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr selfdestruct
OMG! Don't buy anything online from JayCar!!! 7 January I placed my order, still not arrived what the hell? I've called 5 times and every time they've said they need to call me back because their server is down or they're having IT issues. I swear to God if they don't call me back this time I'm going to scream, I don't even want my order anymore I just want a refund, waste of time. Don't bother.
This mirrors my experiences.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:00     #435
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

They're impossible, they can't even open my order to see what I ordered ??? Could I tell my bank to just reverse the charges? Probably not eh?
Old 28th January 2009, 13:02     #436
mr selfdestruct
The Deliverator

Get through to them again after they failed to ring me back.. AGAIN. He puts me on hold for 5 minutes after I give him the order number, comes back and says, "The stock has just arrived so we'll ship that overnight, goodbye" *click* !!! 3 weeks, my ass it just arrived, it's probably been sitting in a box in the corner of the room since the day after I ordered!
Old 31st March 2009, 17:43     #437
daleson

www.dbcdirect.co.nz

mainly deal with small to medium size businesses but drop me an email at [email protected] and mention you from NZG and ill hook you up with lowest markup
Old 31st March 2009, 18:14     #438
crocos

It amuses me that with all three of your posts so far you're trying to sell stuff.

Old 23rd April 2009, 14:19     #439
Cyberbob

If I want to help JoeNotaNerd build a pc, whats a good pick-your-own-components website that won't just throw together a $4k pc with a neon case?
I'm wanting to build a 2D CAD orientated pc on a budget

Last edited by Cyberbob : 23rd April 2009 at 14:21.
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:47     #440
eliot

Ascent.co.nz/PCBuild.aspx

I would say that though.