NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 3rd July 2008, 18:03     #4041
CCS
Stunt Pants

It's enforced by the give way rules for pulling out of a driveway and onto a thoroughfare. The stop sign doesn't need to be there... but it is. Possibly to cater for simpletons.
Old 3rd July 2008, 20:38     #4042
Delphinus

Yeah wasn't sure if it was something the cops could pull you up on, the actual coming to a complete halt thing.
Old 4th July 2008, 17:05     #4043
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
It's enforced by the give way rules for pulling out of a driveway and onto a thoroughfare. The stop sign doesn't need to be there... but it is. Possibly to cater for simpletons.
I enjoy licking simpletons, they secrete sugar like aphids.
Old 4th July 2008, 17:09     #4044
[Malks] Pixie

Today has ground my gears - just seems like everything is pissing me off.

And that grinds my gears, I hate my gears grinding because of ground gears.

Pixie
Old 4th July 2008, 22:23     #4045
dead goon

Work putting me up in a hotel for a few nights, with dinner.

Go to check out, find out that OH, I HAVE TO PAY and claim it back from the office.

Yeah thanks guys, I'm not exactly rich at the moment, now I've got crap all money till pay day mid July. Sure I can claim it back, but it will take weeks until it hits my account. Previously it's all been paid for.

bastards.
Old 4th July 2008, 22:39     #4046
crocos

Hah, gogo gadget Corporate Card!

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 4th July 2008, 22:41     #4047
dead goon

Yeah we had that, until one bad apple ruined it for everyone.

I've got to deal with exchange rates, and shit. blah. hate doing expenses.
Old 4th July 2008, 22:56     #4048
dylan
Huh?

In your case it sounds like they should be willing to compromise and let you claim the money early rather than waiting till the normal expense claim period rolls round.

They either give you (back) a company card, allow the hotel to be charged back to them, or let you claim early...anything else is pretty unfair on a regular employee
Old 4th July 2008, 23:01     #4049
dead goon

Too true. I will talk to my boss about it.
Old 5th July 2008, 00:25     #4050
Delphinus

2 ads on the radio that fucking grind my gears... plates... because everyone on there that gets "amazing advertising from a personalised plate" sound like retards and probably are.
And vouchermate, with their subliminal keyboard typing and stopwatch sounds in the background...
Old 5th July 2008, 11:07     #4051
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead goon
Yeah we had that, until one bad apple ruined it for everyone.
We've got a series of checks on our CC usage - anything needs to be signed off by the manager of the cost-centre, anything else is potentially grounds for instant dismissal & criminal charges.

Old 5th July 2008, 13:50     #4052
Rince
SLUTS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
We've got a series of checks on our CC usage - anything needs to be signed off by the manager of the cost-centre, anything else is potentially grounds for instant dismissal & criminal charges.
thats why in my Dulux days, out on the piss on the Co CC, teh big boss man would get one of his underlings to use his CC, then big boss man would sign off on it, and teh really big boss man would be none the wiser

I miss private sector shenanigans, now I'm public sector I don't see anything like that cos we always too scared you lot (ie tax payers) will feel a bit miffed
Old 7th July 2008, 12:14     #4053
Lightspeed

Whatever Google has done to Google News grinds my gears.
Old 7th July 2008, 12:17     #4054
CCS
Stunt Pants

Works fine for me
Old 7th July 2008, 12:17     #4055
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

The idiot kids on answers.yahoo.com grind my gears.
Old 7th July 2008, 12:18     #4056
Reformed_Quint

Stupid ulcer preventing me from drinking piping hot caffiene beverages.
Old 7th July 2008, 12:34     #4057
SpaceCowboy
Here be dragons

also, superman, you dont grind my gears. youre awesome mate, keep it real. much lol.
Old 7th July 2008, 12:48     #4058
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
Stupid ulcer preventing me from drinking piping hot caffiene beverages.
You're getting OLD, Quint. Poor bastard.

Old 7th July 2008, 19:47     #4059
duckmannz

Apple-R in virtualbox reseting the virtual machine instead of refreshing the browser in the virtual machine. Again.
Old 7th July 2008, 19:53     #4060
lektronimo

When news use Youtube videos in broadcast. Do they credit the authors?

Also Alt TV and shitty policy of not displaying band names on beginning AND the end now!
Old 7th July 2008, 23:56     #4061
Sgt Seb
Up Unt At Dem!

sensing murder. cunts cunts cunts cunts! i wonder if in a hundred years if what they do will be viewed as a crime. here's hoping...
Old 8th July 2008, 02:25     #4062
Spore

What grinds my gears? Stupid ho's that bitch to me how all guys are cocks that cheat on them, and then always cheat on me. They need to jump off a bridge..
Old 8th July 2008, 03:22     #4063
MoP

Stupid ho's that say they're gonna meet you for a drink, and then turn up with another dude

Fuck em, bitches ain't shit
Old 8th July 2008, 12:36     #4064
Vaelenu

WGMG: How when someone dies doing something moderately stupid, or as a result of a poor decision, people clamour to say how clever and smart the deceased was, and how they were not the sort of person to do stupid things. Darwin apparently would beg to differ.

While this is tragic for the family and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and it is natural to want to focus on the positive aspects of the life wasted at such a sad time, its pretty ironic and a little distasteful to crap on about what a genious they were.
Old 8th July 2008, 12:49     #4065
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spore
What grinds my gears? Stupid ho's that bitch to me how all guys are cocks that cheat on them, and then always cheat on me. They need to jump off a bridge..
Welcome friend, Welcome to modern society.

Moral of the story, Fuck whoever, whenver.

I'm here for the money and the bitchs. Everyone else is selfish, you might as well join them.

/EMO RAAAAAAANT.

Though i will be donating my rare blood.
Old 8th July 2008, 12:54     #4066
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelenu
WGMG: How when someone dies doing something moderately stupid, or as a result of a poor decision, people clamour to say how clever and smart the deceased was, and how they were not the sort of person to do stupid things. Darwin apparently would beg to differ.

While this is tragic for the family and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and it is natural to want to focus on the positive aspects of the life wasted at such a sad time, its pretty ironic and a little distasteful to crap on about what a genious they were.
Death by misadventure - not everyone gets out of their teens alive.
Old 8th July 2008, 13:35     #4067
fixed_truth

Quote:
Darwin apparently would beg to differ
imo this sounds more like bad luck than anything else
Old 8th July 2008, 13:36     #4068
dylan
Huh?

Quote:

Alcohol makes a person stupid.

Just because someone does something retarded while drunk doesn't mean they're not a brainiac when not under the influence.

Assuming they're right about him drinking.

Last edited by dylan : 8th July 2008 at 13:37.
Old 8th July 2008, 13:45     #4069
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan
Alcohol makes a person stupid.

Just because someone does something retarded while drunk doesn't mean they're not a brainiac when not under the influence.

Assuming they're right about him drinking.
Thats a retarded arguement.

If you do stupid shit when you are drunk, and you drink to get drunk, then you are stupid.

Drunk = stupid
Drinking to much = drunk
Choice = brain power
Drinking to much = choice

~ They are stupid for choosing too much to drink, Simple.
Old 8th July 2008, 13:51     #4070
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Someone at work (who sits near me) sent me the pic of the dude with his mobile phone attached to his head with a rubber band.

My instant reaction was to say "That was the first picture I received by email - back in 1995!"

They'd emailed it to a lot of people in the office and slowly I could hear people laughing out loud as they read the email.

I then got sent it again 5 times over the course of the next hour.

it GMG that not everyone everywhere is as internet savvy as myself
Old 8th July 2008, 14:09     #4071
Sgt Seb
Up Unt At Dem!

lol that pic is awesome, therefore will never die. ive had the internet since 1998 ...and i only saw it last year.
Old 8th July 2008, 14:35     #4072
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by flic
Someone at work (who sits near me) sent me the pic of the dude with his mobile phone attached to his head with a rubber band.

My instant reaction was to say "That was the first picture I received by email - back in 1995!"

They'd emailed it to a lot of people in the office and slowly I could hear people laughing out loud as they read the email.

I then got sent it again 5 times over the course of the next hour.

it GMG that not everyone everywhere is as internet savvy as myself
But it would be sooo much worse if you worked with tech savvy young people at an Internet Service Provider...
Old 8th July 2008, 14:52     #4073
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Don't get me started :|
Old 8th July 2008, 14:53     #4074
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed_Quint
If you do stupid shit when you are drunk, and you drink to get drunk, then you are stupid.
I would say "If you do stupid shit when you are drunk, and you get drunk, then you are drinking to ensure that you are able to do stupid shit".
Old 8th July 2008, 16:03     #4075
[Malks] Pixie

Drop down lists on websites which list regions of New Zealand in geographical order. What the hell is wrong with having them in alphabetical order - like everything else. Sure it may be slightly more intuitive for those people in NZ, but for international visitors to the site it must be bloody confusing.

Pixie
Old 8th July 2008, 16:25     #4076
p01s0n

Attention vodafone; your iPhone pricing scheme has my gears thoroughly ground to the point of complete and total drivetrain failure
Old 8th July 2008, 16:26     #4077
Baal

iphone weenies
Old 8th July 2008, 16:27     #4078
lektronimo

New Caledonia pisses me off, having to go that one extra down when it gets to "New..."
Old 8th July 2008, 16:28     #4079
Reformed_Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I would say "If you do stupid shit when you are drunk, and you get drunk, then you are drinking to ensure that you are able to do stupid shit".
Yea, But its gotten to the stage now that if you do something dumb, you just laugh and say 'Fuck, i was just wasted' and then everyone claps, slaps you on the back and tells you about that time they were 'that drunk'.

Its just become a big stupid scam.
Old 8th July 2008, 16:39     #4080
buckies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lektronimo
New Caledonia pisses me off, having to go that one extra down when it gets to "New..."
Agreed. We should nuke these c*nts to oblivion as you always type in new and then have to hit one down.