xor

Roland Fryer eh
Old 19th February 2024, 15:34     #2242
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

Old 19th February 2024, 16:21     #2243
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Exactly. Like when the organisers of the 2023 Hugo Awards decided to secretly eliminate from award consideration any author who had said or done anything that might be viewed unfavourably by the Chinese Communist Party, that’s not enforcing political correctness; it’s treating people with respect.
Old 19th February 2024, 16:24     #2244
Lightspeed

That was politics and censorship. I get it's convenient to conflate that with political correctness. Pretty much why the term was coined I think, to facilitate that conflation.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 19th February 2024 at 16:25.
Old 21st February 2024, 17:24     #2245
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The Alabama Supreme Court on Friday ruled that frozen embryos are "children," entitled to full personhood rights, and anyone who destroys them could be liable in a wrongful death case.

"Human life cannot be wrongfully destroyed without incurring the wrath of a holy God, who views the destruction of His image as an affront to Himself," Chief Justice Tom Parker wrote. "Even before birth, all human beings bear the image of God, and their lives cannot be destroyed without effacing his glory."

https://arstechnica.com/science/2024...supreme-court/
Old 21st February 2024, 18:07     #2246
Lightspeed

The unintended consequences are going to be glorious.
Old 21st February 2024, 18:41     #2247
fixed_truth

Yeah like when they decide what to do about the millions of unwanted embryos piling up in the freezer. State sanction pregnancies for females over 14, to save the babies.
Old 21st February 2024, 18:51     #2248
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Hundreds of countries in the world, I don't care what that group of people decide for themselves. It doesn't affect me at all.

I don't even have embryos, so it affects me 0%.
Old 21st February 2024, 19:04     #2249
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
The unintended consequences are going to be glorious.
I wonder if the great state of Alabama offers tax concessions to parents of children and if so I wonder if they increase commensurate with the number of children you have...?
Old 21st February 2024, 19:38     #2250
Cyberbob

Claim 300,000 dependents.
Old 26th February 2024, 11:57     #2251
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
When i see someone like Roland Fryer contradict the police violence narrative with data and hear nothing but silence on the side of the left then i know there is a narrative to push.
AKA: "How my bubble reinforces what I already believe."
Old 26th February 2024, 12:08     #2252
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
AKA: "How my bubble reinforces what I already believe."
It's backed by the data. Go debate that.
Old 26th February 2024, 12:12     #2253
Lightspeed

Oh, I missed my last "the left" meeting, so I haven't been informed of the narrative I'm supposed to promote. Sorry!
Old 26th February 2024, 20:02     #2254
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
When i see someone like Roland Fryer contradict the police violence narrative with data and hear nothing but silence on the side of the left then i know there is a narrative to push.
You mean the working paper that wasn't even peer reviewed when conservative media ran with it?

Roland Fryer is wrong: There is racial bias in shootings by police

A 'Harvard Study' Doesn't Disprove Racial Bias in Officer-Involved Shootings

Perhaps you should ask yourself why you're got such a boner to discredit the lived experience of Black People in America.
Old 26th February 2024, 22:43     #2255
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

(moving the "woke AI" stuff to T&T)
Old 26th February 2024, 22:49     #2256
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Well this is inconvenient

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...prisoners-are/

Quote:
More than 70 per cent of transgender prisoners are in for sex offences or violent crimes

More than 70 per cent of transgender prisoners in British jails are serving sentences for sex offences and violent crimes, government figures have revealed.

At least 181 of the 244 transgender inmates, more than 74 per cent, are in jail for crimes including rape, forcing under-age children into having sex, grievous bodily harm and robbery.

Up to 144 transgender women, men who identify as females, are housed in male prisons while five are currently imprisoned in female jails - including at least one top-security institution where murderers and terrorists are being detained.
I think the percentage is actually HIGHER in American prisons.
Old 27th February 2024, 12:10     #2257
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

BREAKING: A woman who filmed herself killing a cat before putting the animal in a blender has been jailed for life for murdering a man four months later

Narrator voice: the killer was not, in fact, a woman
Old 27th February 2024, 12:19     #2258
Lightspeed

"Hey healthy person who has transitioned gender, did you know there are fucked up people who have also transitioned gender? Now what do you have to say for yourself? We're keeping an eye on you. Which totally won't impinge on your ability to stay healthy, so don't make that excuse!"
Old 27th February 2024, 12:36     #2259
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Women deserve an apology.
Old 27th February 2024, 12:43     #2260
Lightspeed

People deserve things? I get rich people deserve things, that makes sense to me. But everyone? Where? How? What? When?

The only thing I'm sure people deserve is to die. That's what observation tells me.
Old 27th February 2024, 13:10     #2261
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

UK journalist Louise Tickle wrote an open letter to the editor of the Guardian after seeing that news article. Her entire letter is too long to post here, but here main arguments are (bold mine):

Quote:
Sometimes people suggest that the anger around this kind of factually inaccurate reporting is overblown, performative, unkind, or petty. It is not. Reporting the opposite of the truth as though it was fact has extremely serious repercussions. Though I would have hoped not to have to spell them out, it is so shocking to me that this piece was published in the Guardian that I feel I must. The following list is non-exhaustive:

- News reporters should only report facts, and newspapers should only publish facts in their news sections. To do this, reporters, editors and news management need to be able to recognise what a fact is, and how to distinguish facts from beliefs. If they can't, this is not the job for them, as they will actively deceive their readers, diminish trust in the media, and undermine the ability of journalists who do strive for accuracy to be trusted to report on serious crime and hold power to account.

- The public record is of vital importance in any democratic society (perhaps even more so when democracy and society are under strain). Falsifying the public record because of certain people's beliefs is opposite of the role of a news organisation, and destructive to the public interest.

- This kind of reporting encourages the wrong perception that women are suddenly more aggressive, and increasingly responsible for violent, male-perpetrated crimes. The opposite is the truth, and it is particularly disrespectful and upsetting when women suffer shocking levels of male violence and sexual assault for them to be so blatantly traduced.

- Many news organisations ran the same PA generated story: I think however that only the Guardian did not use the word "transgender" (in the article's first iteration), and from what I could see only the Guardian used the word 'woman' in its original headline. If beliefs are presented as facts — for instance, by the police in press releases, or by PA, in wire copy — it is journalists' job to challenge that, and report the facts along with the response received to their challenge, so that the public understands the reality of what is happening in society.

- Accurate crime statistics are vital for the development of public policy, for victim support and funding, for prevention of future crimes and the protection of future victims. If we cannot accurately report the sex of violent perpetrators, then journalism has failed victims, and will fail future victims. Changing the facts is not just unethical in principle — it has the real world consequence of making risk assessments and safeguarding meaningless.

- Men carry out 90% of all homicides. Violence against women and girls is overwhelmingly perpetrated by men. Violence against men, as in the murder described in this article, is also overwhelmingly perpetrated by men. Sexual crimes against women and men are also primarily perpetrated by men. It is hugely disrespectful of all victims of male violence to write an article that so wrongly describes the perpetrator of their attack — in this case, the person who ended the victim's life. It was a man who committed this murder. Not a woman.
Old 27th February 2024, 13:39     #2262
Lightspeed

Laugh

That's so funny.

Making as if crime reporting is normally so honest and stats gathered represent the best effort to paint an accurate picture of conditions in the community.

As opposed to the reality where stats and reporting are an effort of obfuscation and political manoeuvring. The effort being not to keep the public informed, but to keep the public placated and distracted.

Pretending that forensics is a realistic representation of the nature and volume of harm in the community. Rather than a reflection of the crimes we're fixated on and what's easily able to be proven.

What a joke. I get people have to go to work today and pretend that the value we're producing is for us to enjoy. But come on, we know the truth.
Old 27th February 2024, 15:49     #2263
fixed_truth

^Exactly. Bigots don't care about the quality of data or who is spinning the click-bait headlines. As long as it reinforces their prejudice then it's fine.

Remember the last "data" on
trans prisoners?

Quote:
In a report by the Ministry of Justice, we discover there are currently a total of 70 trans prisoners (that’s different groups of trans people, not just trans women) held in 33 different prisons in England and Wales. This is the first and only official statistic on transgender prisoners in England and Wales.

Yet the Fair Play for Women report somehow comes to a conclusion that there are 113 trans women in prison in England and Wales. Researchers claim to have “identified” these trans women through searching publicly available prison inspection reports.
Quote:
In the report by the Ministry of Justice, there is also no information at all on what type of offences the identified trans prisoners are doing time for. Even the charity Fair Play for Women states: “There is no official information published on the type of offences committed by (transgender women) inmates”.
Old 5th March 2024, 11:50     #2264
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
A young man who was filmed punching a 71-year-old woman in the head during the heated Posie Parker counter-protest in Auckland last year has been granted a discharge without conviction and permanent name suppression.

His lawyer Emma Priest said the man, aged 20 at the time of the assault, was caught up in what she described as the “frenzy” of the counter-protest in March last year and had now taken full responsibility.

He suffered from ADHD and autism and had undertaken counselling and rehabilitation (...)

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/auckla...NGYEH7V77BE2Q/
Yeah, nah, I'm pretty sure ADHD and autism don't make you punchy elderly women in the face.

Note: even though this trans activist does not go to jail for violently assaulting a 71-year-old woman, the victim goes to jail if she mentions his name! Patriarchowned, bitch!

Note: no sharing his name here either please.
Old 5th March 2024, 12:17     #2265
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Act MP Laura Trask said in a statement last night the sentencing was a “tragedy for women”.

“A 71-year-old woman attending a women’s rights event was physically attacked by a man who thought his political opinion trumped her right to safety.

“Using violence to suppress opinions you disagree with is a singularly ugly act, and this discharge without conviction sets a disappointing precedent for the consequences of political violence.”
Old 5th March 2024, 20:22     #2266
fixed_truth

Hurricanes investigate Poua over 'redneck' haka
Quote:
The Hurricanes are investigating the women's team haka that criticised the coalition government, labelling it 'redneck'.
Old 6th March 2024, 12:25     #2267
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS

This memorandum requests the removal of the "V-J Day in Times Square" photograph from all Veterans Health Administration facilities in alignment with the Department of Veterans Affairs' commitment to maintaining a safe, respectful, and trauma-informed environment. This action is promoted by the recognition that the photograph, which depicts a non-consensual act, is inconsistent with the VA's no-tolerance policy towards sexual harassment and assault

Update: nek minit,

Quote:
Veterans Affairs Secretary Denis McDonough is overruling plans to ban the famous Times Square kiss photo marking the end of World War II from all department health care facilities, a move criticized as political correctness run amok.

https://www.militarytimes.com/vetera...medical-sites/
Old 7th March 2024, 07:35     #2268
fixed_truth

What's wrong with forcing yourself on someone? Especially in the armed forces. Grab her by the pussy.
Old 8th March 2024, 13:50     #2269
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Spain recently increased the government pensions and salaries of women in hazardous professions such as police and the military, and also passed "Self ID" legislation allowing people to easily change their official gender.

You'll never guess what Spain's male policemen and soldiers have started doing. Actually, you probably will.

Spanish soldiers change gender to gain benefits intended for women
Old 9th March 2024, 21:42     #2270
fixed_truth

Poua win thriller after again calling out government with haka
Quote:
The side caused a massive controversy this week, after their pre-match haka against Manawa made reference to a "redneck government".

Hurricanes CEO Avan Lee earlier told RNZ the franchise would apologise for the haka, and that it would not happen again.
Gold. Your move corporate entity that has cashed in on Maori culture for years.
Old 13th March 2024, 09:45     #2271
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

British National Health Service bans puberty blockers

Visible from SPACE
Old 13th March 2024, 12:46     #2272
xor

Asian woman exaggerates Asian accent and is a racist.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/ray-wh...KZ6LKWPIKMM34/
Old 13th March 2024, 13:19     #2273
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Exactly. Like when the organisers of the 2023 Hugo Awards decided to secretly eliminate from award consideration any author who had said or done anything that might be viewed unfavourably by the Chinese Communist Party, that’s not enforcing political correctness; it’s treating people with respect.
The CCP has been in full propaganda mode for a while now and it's getting worse.

They're employing naive and gullible shills left right and center.

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/...ntroversy.html

Last edited by MadMax : 13th March 2024 at 13:20.
Old 17th March 2024, 11:15     #2274
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Trans, Racist & Woke: How Psychology Went MAD

How Psychology Went Mad looks at the impact of ideology on psychotherapy, psychology, and psychiatry. It charts the development of the ‘talking cure’ and how this has become corrupted by far-left dogma and identity politics. In an era of increased censorship, political correctness, and infringements of freedom of speech, how can a profession based on being able to talk freely survive?
Old 19th March 2024, 13:11     #2275
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

What... sort... of person would be the most interested in an industry producing individuals who are legally over the age of consent but physically pre-pubescent children?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/p...tion-tzp6md8g6

(edit: doh, paywalled)

I ron't row Raggy