NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 28th April 2010, 18:06     #81
Lightspeed

She doesn't mind migrants. She just doesn't like the ones that aren't white.
Old 28th April 2010, 18:15     #82
StN
I have detailed files

Oh well, at least we can sleep at night safely knowing she is one of the soulless.
Old 28th April 2010, 20:18     #83
MoP

Not quite racist, but you wanna explain this one to us Ab?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/gay-do...-1225857841237
Old 29th April 2010, 00:08     #84
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoP
Not quite racist, but you wanna explain this one to us Ab?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/gay-do...-1225857841237
They were Thai's, if they were Koreans they would have gladly let the dog in gay or not.
Old 18th May 2010, 14:39     #85
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

"Top blokes, totally out of character"

Summary: five totally not racist guys "repeatedly terrorised Aboriginal people for being Aboriginal, before getting a gun to terrorise them further, ending the night by beating a man to death, and then casually driving away without checking if their victim was okay".

Judge tells the court what great guys the defendants are before deciding that the "crime is toward the lower end of the scale of seriousness for crimes of manslaughter".
Old 18th May 2010, 14:55     #86
ChaosWulf
Don't worry, be harpy

Old 18th May 2010, 15:10     #87
Thomas Meatball

Ahh yes, the lucky country.
Old 18th May 2010, 16:41     #88
fixed_truth

See, this is why New Zealand > Australia. If this happened in New Zealand there would be a fucken shit storm.
Old 18th May 2010, 16:43     #89
xor

Like the 4year old kid beaten for wearing the wrong colours?
Old 18th May 2010, 16:54     #90
fixed_truth

If the 4yr old had of been physically harmed then yeah, there would of been an even bigger public outcry.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:09     #91
Thomas Meatball

would HAVE, you fucken child rapist.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:23     #92
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
If the 4yr old had of been physically harmed then yeah, there would of been an even bigger public outcry demanding the return of Sue Bradford.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:24     #93
Nothing

@TM just up there... u mad?
Old 18th May 2010, 17:49     #94
Cyberbob

Quote:
See, this is why New Zealand > Australia. If this happened in New Zealand there would be a fucken shit storm.
In NZ it'd be worse than a usual whitey on whitey crime, because it's against a minority.

Damn Labou..oh wait.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:53     #95
Thomas Meatball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
@TM just up there... u mad?
Not really, I just like calling people child rapists.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:15     #96
Trigger
Laserman

I don't see any problems with that, after all, they're not racist
Old 18th May 2010, 20:52     #97
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
In NZ it'd be worse than a usual whitey on whitey crime, because it's against a minority.

Damn Labou..oh wait.
Well I don't think white boys hate on other white boys about being white.
Old 18th May 2010, 22:16     #98
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger
I don't see any problems with that, after all, they're not racist
lol, Croatia
Old 13th June 2010, 14:52     #99
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Look, Andrew Johns isn't a racist, he just thinks Greg Inglis is a black cunt.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/s...0612-y4xj.html
Old 13th June 2010, 15:05     #100
fixed_truth

To Johns & the NRl's credit they do seem to be taking it very seriously. Hopefully it can make some headway against this type of language as being part of the everyday Aussie vernacular.

Meanwhile back in multi-cultural paradise NZ - Andy Hayden is still a Rugby World Cup Ambassador.
Old 13th June 2010, 15:16     #101
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Meanwhile back in multi-cultural paradise NZ - Andy Hayden is still a Rugby World Cup Ambassador.
And why shouldn't he be?
Old 13th June 2010, 15:28     #102
EvilLumpy

I've taken to using the "I'm not a racist, but" phrase much more liberally in any context.

It really livens up the place.

"I'm not a racist, but I'm just going down the shops for some chips. Want anything?"

"I'm not a racist, but can you please pass the tomato sauce?"

"I'm not a racist, but I much prefer livejournal over facebook."
Old 13th June 2010, 15:58     #103
TnT

Got a mild giggle out of me... think I might throw it around a bit more myself.

'I'm not a racist but, have you clicked on the start button and then selected control panel?'
Old 13th June 2010, 17:55     #104
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
And why shouldn't he be?
Because people who represent NZ shouldn't be racist old attention whores.

duh.
Old 13th June 2010, 18:01     #105
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

IIRC correctly, Haden claimed that the Crusaders had a "no more than 3 darkies" team policy. What's racist about that?
Old 13th June 2010, 18:15     #106
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
IIRC correctly, Haden claimed that the Crusaders had a "no more than 3 darkies" team policy. What's racist about that?
1. 'Darkies' is a derogatory term.

2. 'Darkies' lumps all people of 'dark' skin into one group. Polynesian people are not a distinct group & also many people of Polynesian decent aren't 'dark'.

3. 'Three darkies, no more' makes the the false assumption that when it comes to successful rugby there is an inherent superiority in non Polynesian players.
Old 13th June 2010, 18:23     #107
Nothing

Okay, so did Andy Haden simply quote the stated policy of the Crusaders team as he had been told it, or was it his personal choice to use the word "darkies" in the statement? If he was just quoting someone else verbatim to make some kind of point, then you can hardly accuse him of being racist for his usage of the word.
Old 13th June 2010, 18:48     #108
Nine_of_Hearts

Quote:
1. 'Darkies' is a derogatory term.

2. 'Darkies' lumps all people of 'dark' skin into one group. Polynesian people are not a distinct group & also many people of Polynesian decent aren't 'dark'.

3. 'Three darkies, no more' makes the the false assumption that when it comes to successful rugby there is an inherent superiority in non Polynesian players.

Oooooh, I see.

Now that you've explained the inherent racism in what I previously thought was an entirely harmless statement, do you think you could explain the sarcasm in Abs post?

Because I think that most people will have missed it if you don't.
Old 13th June 2010, 18:52     #109
gentle

There wasn't any sarcasm in Ab's post - iirc he's a minority so has first dibs on what's racist or not.
Old 13th June 2010, 19:11     #110
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
Okay, so did Andy Haden simply quote the stated policy of the Crusaders team as he had been told it, or was it his personal choice to use the word "darkies" in the statement? If he was just quoting someone else verbatim to make some kind of point, then you can hardly accuse him of being racist for his usage of the word.
Haden hasn't said that he was quoting someone else verbatim, he hasn't said that he disagrees with the alleged policy and he has stated publicly that he has no problem with the term 'darkie'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haden
Haden stood by his comments on Radio New Zealand's Nine to Noon this morning but softened slightly, saying he was referring only to Polynesian players, not Maori.

"I'm aware that they have people in the franchise who have discussed this selection method, not including Polynesians, particularly across the academy," Haden told Newstalk ZB.
It seems darkie was his term.
Old 13th June 2010, 19:13     #111
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine_of_Hearts
Now that you've explained the inherent racism in what I previously thought was an entirely harmless statement
Excuse me what entirely harmless statement now?
Old 13th June 2010, 19:46     #112
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
It seems darkie was his term.
This whole situation is fucking crazy. A guy says that there is an official policy of racist team selection criteria at one of New Zealand's most prestigious sporting organisations, a policy which he describes as one of "no more than three darkies".

NZ's reaction:

PUBLIC 1: OMG that's terrible! Hold on, let's not fly off the handle, we need to be sure of that facts. Has there been any confirmation of this?

PUBLIC 2: Yes, it's confirmed. He really did say "darkies".

PUBLIC 1: BURN HIM!!!
Old 13th June 2010, 19:55     #113
Nothing

^Actual LOL.
Old 13th June 2010, 19:58     #114
Nine_of_Hearts

Quote:
Excuse me what entirely harmless statement now?
never mind, my bad
Old 14th June 2010, 03:42     #115
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Look, Andrew Johns isn't a racist, he just thinks Greg Inglis is a black cunt.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/s...0612-y4xj.html
Lol, from the first newspaper article, "Johns denied he was a racist."
Old 14th June 2010, 11:04     #116
Cynos

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy 'Fucktard' Haden
only to Polynesian players, not Maori.
This fucks me off. I'm fairly certain Maoris are Polynesians.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:10     #117
Bandalador

This just in:
Classic Australian group sings extremely racist ditty!
Old 14th June 2010, 11:14     #118
herp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynos
This fucks me off. I'm fairly certain Maoris are Polynesians.
Technically, all New Zealanders are Polynesian.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:26     #119
Lylmik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandalador
This just in:
Classic Australian group sings extremely racist ditty!
" looks like a sugar and a plum" ?
I am aware of who the target audience for The Wiggles is, but nothing about that song makes sense to me at all.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:49     #120
MrTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Lol, from the first newspaper article, "Johns denied he was a racist."
Andrew Johns deserves to be dropped as NSW assistant coach - woeful actions from a coach. He's left from his own accord anyway, good.

But I've gotta say the way Tahu went about it was utterly woeful. Couldn't he have just pulled Johns aside instead of going to the media? Tahu is a complete dick (he is - judging by the bullshit he spun about league when he defected to union), but I wonder if there wasn't something else going on for him to go to the media... I wonder if it was a grudge against Johns, or if he had already complained to staff and nothing was done about it, or... Who knows. But it seems weird.