Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 11th September 2016, 15:35     #1
CCS
Stunt Pants

NZ v Argies

C'mon, how 'bout that shit eh?

Much more interesting to watch than the Aus game. 57 points - due to AB subs or Pumas getting tired? Or a bit of both?

Kudos to the Argies though. Good performance. I'd been thinking they could beat the Aussies after that game, but somehow the Aussies found the testicular fortitude to beat the Saffas. Now it's looking like SA is the easy beat. All my assumptions have been turned upside down! Arg could still pull it off against Aus though.
Old 11th September 2016, 19:30     #2
fixed_truth

For the first 50mins the puma's thought they were allblacks. Even though the score blew out still the most entertaining game in ages.
Old 12th September 2016, 12:15     #3
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

The ABs are dominating games in second halves - entertaining first-half tusslesturn in to blowouts by fulltime - because the ABs are just fitter than the other teams they're playing. It seems really obvious.
Old 12th September 2016, 20:04     #4
Macca@Work

Dont write off the saffas when they play the ABs someone waves the magic wand and they play out of their skins and lift their intensity.We're the old foe to them-should be a cracker.
Nisbo said that Ted spent time with the Argies and he told them to stop trying to grind teams down-tries win games and all in all he's bang on.
The exposure the argies get by playing in comps like the super rugby and euro comps-they will only get better.
Old 13th September 2016, 03:45     #5
Fx.

i do hope they can up their fitness to play like that for 80; they'd become a real contender
Old 13th September 2016, 07:37     #6
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
because the ABs are just fitter than the other teams they're playing. It seems really obvious.
The ABs have had that sort of endurance for years now. Probably since the start of Henry. You'd think other teams might have twigged that they need to do the same.

Ag well, I hear there's a very experienced rugby man with expertise in fitness training who will have some time on his hands. Maybe if an international team swallows their pride and asks really nicely, he might agree to help them out. As a bit of a hobby.
Old 18th September 2016, 03:05     #7
JERI

Kinda disappointed with Pumas vs Wallabies game. The Pumas performance against the ABs was nowhere to be seen this week

Last edited by JERI : 18th September 2016 at 03:10.
Old 18th September 2016, 03:08     #8
JERI

sorry double post

Last edited by JERI : 18th September 2016 at 03:10.
Old 19th September 2016, 11:25     #9
fixed_truth

Chris Rattue: Rugby was the loser in Christchurch

He makes some good points
Old 19th September 2016, 12:14     #10
_Incubus_

How quickly we have gone from the AB's must win everything always to "It's not good for the game".....I dunno, I think like in a lot of other sports that having us performing the way we are is laying down a challenge to other teams to catch up. Look at 7's, we got left behind as that game evolved....with 15's we are the current benchmark.

I personally cant wait to see us v England 2018....