Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 19th March 2008, 16:31     #441
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmodan
Just finished the 2nd season of the wire. Motherfucker this program is the goods.
I just finished the last episode of the 2nd season myself last night. The 3rd season begins!
Old 19th March 2008, 16:52     #442
Kryten

The Wire is one of the best shows to be put on TV. EVER.

If you haven't seen it already or you're not watching it now, you're insane.
Old 19th March 2008, 16:59     #443
?>Superman

I can't believe its taken so long for so many peoples to catch onto it, i remember it being on TV2 at like 11:30 on tuesdays or something...one of the few shows i bothered watching on TV and religiously.

You've got to put in some effort to let the story unravel itself at the beginning(like the first half-hour before you completely love the show).
Old 19th March 2008, 17:39     #444
Solvent

I'm about half way through season four, dreading running out in a short while.

Yeah, I remember watching a scene or two when it was on T.V. a few years ago, but in the same way I watched a scene of Arrested Development and brushed it off, didn't get taken by The Wire then.

On another note, you're also mental if you haven't watched Arrest Development.
Old 19th March 2008, 20:11     #445
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solvent
On another note, you're also mental if you haven't watched Arrest Development.
Currently being replayed on Tv3 Sunday afternoons. Love that show. Another show cut off too soon.
Old 19th March 2008, 22:32     #446
Kryten

Agreed, AD was comedy gold - worth watching, if only to see Henry Winkler jump a shark again.
Old 20th March 2008, 07:53     #447
Trigger
Laserman

Arrested Development is amazingly clever and funny, can watch it multiple times and continuously find new jokes you missed before. Subtle genious
Old 21st March 2008, 02:42     #448
Azmodan

Started on s3 of the wire, good so far.

Holy shit the latest South Park is obscene
Old 21st March 2008, 05:08     #449
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger
Arrested Development is amazingly clever and funny, can watch it multiple times and continuously find new jokes you missed before. Subtle genious

I watched a few episodes of this and loved it. Gotta get more from my flattie
Old 21st March 2008, 10:24     #450
silva^

Quote:
It was fucking lame imo. I realise the message they're trying to make, but jeez, how pathetic a way to do it. It just wasn't funny in the least.
Old 21st March 2008, 10:32     #451
Helious

Quote:
yo! I watched it late last night before going to sleep and I was utterly gob smacked.. I'm not sure how I feel about the episode! I'm going to have to watch it again, I was half asleep the first time.
Old 21st March 2008, 11:09     #452
Fx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva^
It was fucking lame imo. I realise the message they're trying to make, but jeez, how pathetic a way to do it. It just wasn't funny in the least.
i didnt lol at it

at all
-_-

this is like the first ep i haven't found funny
Old 21st March 2008, 12:54     #453
?>Superman

What happened ffs!
Old 21st March 2008, 13:01     #454
Azmodan

Hah, I thought it was hilarious, if a bit raw
Old 21st March 2008, 16:02     #455
Spoon1
Mmm... Sacrilicious

Quote:
Old 22nd March 2008, 21:21     #456
-Dr.J-

Agreed. I had high expectations or something, was a bit formulaic by SP standards

Cartman gets behind a cause he's become a part of then causes a heart attack, nothing new there

Execution was pretty lame too
Old 28th March 2008, 13:09     #457
?>Superman

Thumbs up

Quote:
In March 2008, Presidential hopeful Barack Obama was quoted in US Weekly Magazine as saying that The Wire is his favorite show on television.
Obama approves!
Old 28th March 2008, 13:16     #458
Azmodan

Up to s4 of the wire, this is amazing, i'm gutted its going to end
Old 28th March 2008, 13:28     #459
?>Superman

I know i just fucking found that out! only 5 seasons? So gutted, This show has incredible writing. Too intellectual for the American audience?

They only got 1.5 million viewers for the start of season 5 which is down from 1.9 for season 4, they shoulda given it a better timeslot and a proper shot.

Sadly nothings gonna change the fact that its been ended
Old 28th March 2008, 13:56     #460
Helious

lol @ the latest episode of Beauty and the Geek(the Talent show episode).. one of the Geeks is an actual undercover body builder.. I've never seen anyone that nerdy with that much muscle.. strangest thing was, I couldn't help but think of cEvin when I was watching it -- lol!

This show cracks me up.. major gripe is that they had to get the loud-stereotypical african american female(x2) on the show.. why couldn't they just grab a hot black chick... but no... they had to get the sterotype, the one that actually eats chicken(but she's meant to be hot? lol).

I loves it.
Old 28th March 2008, 14:46     #461
Nuclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?>Superman
I know i just fucking found that out! only 5 seasons? So gutted, This show has incredible writing. Too intellectual for the American audience?

They only got 1.5 million viewers for the start of season 5 which is down from 1.9 for season 4, they shoulda given it a better timeslot and a proper shot.

Sadly nothings gonna change the fact that its been ended
five seasons is a pretty good run.. especially taking into consideration that HBO is a pay network.
Its a shame that the more 'high brow' shows don't get the ratings that they deserve. Although it is obvious why- americans are stupid.
Old 28th March 2008, 15:13     #462
?>Superman

Yeah 5 seasons is a decent run, usually shows drop off in quality after awhile(ie: simpsons which is fucking terrible now in my opinion - maybe i've just grown[unlikely])

5 still feels short though! Ah well, guess i'll have to savour every episode.
Old 28th March 2008, 15:37     #463
Helious

Yeah, call.. The Simpsons is fucking weak now.. even the latest episode of Southpark left me thinking they're grasping at straws; cheesing?! argh..
Old 28th March 2008, 15:45     #464
Haydos

Last three episodes of Southpark have been fucking weak.
Old 28th March 2008, 16:01     #465
Saladin
Nothing to See Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
lol @ the latest episode of Beauty and the Geek(the Talent show episode).
The latest one with the football match is even better!
Old 28th March 2008, 16:40     #466
Solvent

Haters can't get we out, The Simpsons is on fine form!
Old 29th March 2008, 12:49     #467
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin
The latest one with the football match is even better!
Ahh.. I knew I had it wrong. I watched ep 2 and ep 3 right after one another~

Yeah! The football match is actually one of the funniest things I've personally ever seen -- haha!~
Old 29th March 2008, 12:55     #468
Wally Simmonds

Been watching a bit of underbelly, not a bad show. Reccomended.
Old 29th March 2008, 14:47     #469
Caesar

Cheesy grin

T minus 7 days (April the 4th) tilll BSG starts up again peoples.

C
Old 29th March 2008, 15:08     #470
silva^

There are some shocking reality tv shows out there, and Beauty & the Geek probably is one of those, yet its compelling viewing You could call it a guilty pleasure
Old 29th March 2008, 15:23     #471
Kryten

Final episode of Ashes to Ashes today (for this season) - thankfully it's been renewed.
Old 30th March 2008, 01:14     #472
Nuclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar
T minus 7 days (April the 4th) tilll BSG starts up again peoples.

C

fuck yeah!
Old 30th March 2008, 12:20     #473
Helious

s07e15 of Smallville is easily the best episode of this show ever!
Old 30th March 2008, 12:37     #474
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
There are some shocking reality tv shows out there, and Beauty & the Geek probably is one of those, yet its compelling viewing You could call it a guilty pleasure
Lol, shame on you Silva. The only reality shows I watch are Project Runway (LOVE it, and apparently the Canadian version with Iman is fierce), So You Think You Can Dance, and Top Chef (if I'm in the right mood). I like my reality shows to involve actual talent...well that's how I justify it anyway
Old 30th March 2008, 12:47     #475
Gentl e

Top Chef - the first 3 ep of the new season are out and one of the chefs is a NZer, pretty good as well. Looking forward to seeing him in the final, tho' not without the odd cultrual cringe moment.
Old 30th March 2008, 13:49     #476
Nightcrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helious-
s07e15 of Smallville is easily the best episode of this show ever!
Is this a fake post? Fucking shit episode just like every other - gave up expecting ANYTHING after season 2
Old 30th March 2008, 16:47     #477
-Dr.J-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquelet
Lol, shame on you Silva. The only reality shows I watch are Project Runway (LOVE it, and apparently the Canadian version with Iman is fierce), So You Think You Can Dance, and Top Chef (if I'm in the right mood). I like my reality shows to involve actual talent...well that's how I justify it anyway
Haha, you put the boot into his guilty pleasure and you watch THOSE shows?
Old 30th March 2008, 17:13     #478
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dr.J-
Haha, you put the boot into his guilty pleasure and you watch THOSE shows?
Hah, well Project Runway is quality reality (seriously, I'm not in denial). Beauty and the Geek? Not so much. It's like comparing 2 and a Half Men and Arrested Development - not even in the same league. There is way too much reality tv out there, most of it utter shite. I don't think I could ever be bored enough to watch The Singing Bee or Dirty Cows, yet obviously people watch them or else they'd have been yanked off the air by now. I think viewers need to have a lot more discretion when it comes to their tv viewing. If we act like idiots, we get treated like idiots, and more shit reality shows clog the waves. We only got a couple of eps of Medium this season before Tv3 replaced it with some rubbish (seriously, wtf?). I'm probably part of the problem by even watching reality tv, but I do think they're not all created equal, so we can't paint them all with the "it's shit" brush.

Right, I think there's a thesis in there somewhere. Who knew I had so much pent up anger towards reality tv lol.
Old 30th March 2008, 17:23     #479
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Christian Siriano would be proud to know you've caught on to his "fierce" catchphrase

Still thought Jillian should have won
Old 30th March 2008, 17:40     #480
chiquelet
Mrs Colin Farrell

Well I could feign indignation that you'd just ruined the new season for me (will watch it when it airs on 3), but I accidentally found out who won a few days after the finale even though I was trying really hard not to *sigh* But lol, my use of fierce was actually channeling Jay Manuel