Biden your time

Biden: Trickle-down economics "has never worked"

Is Neoliberalism on the ropes?
Old 30th April 2021, 18:10     #2
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Is Neoliberalism on the ropes?
LOL, no. At best some of it's extremes may be tempered a little bit. Remember even Biden would be categorised as right wing in most countries that aren't the USA.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 2nd June 2021, 16:16     #3
Lightspeed

I thought this was interesting:

Biden calls out 2 Democratic lawmakers for blocking agenda

Quote:
Biden, speaking during an event marking the 100th anniversary of the Tulsa race massacre, responded to critics who question why he hasn’t been able to get a wide-reaching voting rights bill passed.

“Well, because Biden only has a majority of effectively four votes in the House, and a tie in the Senate — with two members of the Senate who voted more with my Republican friends,” he lamented.
Old 17th June 2021, 22:30     #4
Nich

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...712424966?s=21

"How would it be if the United States were viewed by the rest of the world as interfering with the elections directly of other countries and everybody knew it? What would it be like if we engaged in activities that he engaged in? It diminishes the standing of a country."

*Puppet meme CIA looks back, looks forward*
Old 18th June 2021, 01:06     #5
Lightspeed

Laugh

/r/selfawarewolves
Old 25th June 2021, 01:22     #6
Nich

Biden not afaid to use F15's and nukes on domestic militias. That'll show em.
Old 6th July 2021, 09:09     #7
Lightspeed

Looks like Afghanistan is about to enter its next phase of the cycle of violence. Biden has achieved a box ticking exercise. I mean, the troop withdrawal is genuine, but the only thing this achieves is Biden can claim he ended an endless war.

Taliban are already sweeping the country, taking US equipment from abandoned Afghan government outposts as soldiers flee.
Old 6th July 2021, 09:48     #8
Ajax
Architeuthis

If I was Ashraf Ghani I'd be gassing up the private jet right about now.
Old 6th July 2021, 19:06     #9
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Looks like Afghanistan is about to enter its next phase of the cycle of violence. Biden has achieved a box ticking exercise. I mean, the troop withdrawal is genuine, but the only thing this achieves is Biden can claim he ended an endless war.

Taliban are already sweeping the country, taking US equipment from abandoned Afghan government outposts as soldiers flee.
The hilarious but in retrospect totally predictable bit: they didn't tell the Afghan troops or govt that they were leaving.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/us...06-p5874x.html

Quote:
The US left Afghanistan’s Bagram Airfield after nearly 20 years by shutting off the electricity and slipping away in the night without notifying the base’s new Afghan commander.

Afghan military officials say they discovered the Americans’ departure more than two hours after they left.
Old 6th July 2021, 19:07     #10
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax
If I was Ashraf Ghani I'd be gassing up the private jet right about now.
Old 6th July 2021, 19:36     #11
Ajax
Architeuthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
The hilarious but in retrospect totally predictable bit: they didn't tell the Afghan troops or govt that they were leaving.
The Afghan govt and army are both thoroughly infiltrated by the Taliban. The US kept their exit a secret to minimise attack risk to the rearguard on the way out.
Old 7th July 2021, 10:49     #12
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

But now they have freedom, right?

Quote:

They had turned off the electricity on the way out, and the sudden darkness served as a signal to the looters, said Abdul Raouf, a soldier of 10 years who has also served in Taliban strongholds of Helmand and Kandahar provinces.

The looters entered from the north, smashing through the first barrier, ransacking buildings, loading anything that was not nailed down into trucks, he told the AP.
Prediction: among the things left behind will inevitably be paper records and personal details of every Afghan who has ever provided a service of any kind to the Americans in the past 20 years, and it will be total coincidence when all those people and their immediate families accidentally brutally stab themselves to death while shaving over the coming months.
Old 7th July 2021, 11:34     #13
Ajax
Architeuthis

I bet the fate of Mohammad Najibullah is weighing on the minds of Ghani and his inner circle right now. Looks to be a very similar setup.
Old 7th July 2021, 14:33     #14
Lightspeed

I think Petraeus's plan would have worked. There was a period of real progress, or at least the appearance of progress. But they went with a cut back version of his bare minimum option, cycled him out, shit fell back to its usual holding pattern.
Old 7th July 2021, 14:45     #15
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

And if Petraeus hadn't been putting his dick in crazy, maybe the plan would have been implemented, and maybe we'd be living in a different world.
Old 7th July 2021, 14:47     #16
Lightspeed

That didn't come out until well after the fact. Right? And that book is great, lolz.
Old 7th July 2021, 20:00     #17
Nich

The Onion … 2011

U.S. Quietly Slips Out Of Afghanistan In Dead Of Night
7/18/11 8:00AM
https://www.theonion.com/u-s-quietly...ght-1819572778
Old 27th August 2021, 09:09     #18
Nich

“Negotiating” with Taliban.

U.S. officials provided Taliban with names of Americans, Afghan allies to evacuate
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...vacuate-506957

“ In written and verbal communications, Gen. Frank McKenzie, commander of U.S. Central Command, and Rear Adm. Peter Vasely, head of U.S. forces on the ground in Afghanistan, have referred to the Taliban as “our Afghan partners,” according to two defense officials.”

Last edited by Nich : 27th August 2021 at 09:13.
Old 27th August 2021, 09:46     #19
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

BENGHAZI'D

At least 12 US soldiers dead in a suicide bombing at Kabul airport.
Old 27th August 2021, 11:31     #20
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Prediction: among the things left behind will inevitably be paper records and personal details of every Afghan who has ever provided a service of any kind to the Americans in the past 20 years, and it will be total coincidence when all those people and their immediate families accidentally brutally stab themselves to death while shaving over the coming months.
From Jonas's linked article:

Quote:
U.S. officials in Kabul gave the Taliban a list of names of American citizens, green card holders and Afghan allies to grant entry into the militant-controlled outer perimeter of the city’s airport, a choice that's prompted outrage behind the scenes from lawmakers and military officials.
Old 31st August 2021, 20:00     #21
Nich

Taliban now hanging "traitors" from helicopters instead of the usual bridges and cranes.
Old 31st August 2021, 21:06     #22
crocos

Regarding the safe passage list, Beau of the Fifth Column has a pretty sensible take.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-ZmHozdDTU

Will be interesting to see what actually happens.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 16th September 2021, 13:45     #23
Lightspeed

Biden announces Indo-Pacific alliance with UK, Australia

It's not mentioned in the article, but Biden mentioned it during the announcement, which is that the alliance will include working together on quantum and AI tech.

I for one welcome our new quantum AI overlords.
Old 16th September 2021, 14:49     #24
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Also not announced: NZ declined involvement.

I dunno, I've been following this story all day and something about it seems more "dead cat on the table" attention-grabber than actual international realpolitik.
Old 16th September 2021, 19:18     #25
StN
I have detailed files

And yet Jacinda was quick to say no change to 5-eyes. Might just be Lange throwback - like we could afford a nuclear sub anyway.

We can still send up US defence force rockets though.

Then again, it might be weighted on CCP affiliations too...

Last edited by StN : 16th September 2021 at 19:20.
Old 16th September 2021, 19:28     #26
Nich

Tell me you're at war with China without telling me you're at war with China.

also "that guy down under." lol.
Old 18th September 2021, 17:25     #27
Lightspeed

The French are pissed. Aus just went yeah/nah on a big submarine deal that was already underway in France in favour of being in the big boys club.

Maybe we could ask France for a hookup?
Old 18th September 2021, 17:26     #28
Lightspeed

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-...deal/100473106
Old 19th September 2021, 13:48     #29
Lightspeed

I love the burn France gave the UK. Pulled diplomats from Aus and US. Said it didn't need to worry about the "junior partner".
Old 21st October 2021, 10:54     #30
Nich

Chappelle news cycle has lasted longer than Afghanistan news cycle.
Old 23rd October 2021, 18:55     #31
Nich

JFK records reburied. Gotta wait until all CIA assassins involved are dead, I guess.
Old 24th October 2021, 10:30     #32
Nich

Youtube just banned "Lets go Brandon", ensuring millions more people will listen to it. Only repeat approved double speak, plebs!
Old 30th October 2021, 14:33     #33
Lightspeed

Quote:
The French are pissed. Aus just went yeah/nah on a big submarine deal that was already underway in France in favour of being in the big boys club.

Maybe we could ask France for a hookup?
Aaand Australia takes the blame, US claims they didn't know Aus was already in bed with France. That does fit the Aussies.
Old 2nd November 2021, 19:55     #34
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I see sleepy Joe is making an impression in Glasgow.
Old 2nd November 2021, 22:28     #35
Nich

the height of hypocricy and he couldn't even be bothered to take a No Doz during the event.
Old 2nd November 2021, 23:37     #36
Lightspeed

I dunno, I feel for the guy. He's trying to do right by the people of the US, but he just can't overcome all that cash. The US going down the gurgler is bad for all of us.

He could get $trillions if he was going to war in a snap, but money for the American people? Yeah, nah to that.

We gonna see the US show up more and more in /r/catastrophicfailure as shit crumbles.
Old 20th March 2022, 15:08     #37
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

So the Hunter Biden laptop story which was "debunked" and called "Russian disinformation", and got publishers banned from social media for running it - is actually legit.
Old 20th March 2022, 15:25     #38
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
So the Hunter Biden laptop story which was "debunked" and called "Russian disinformation", and got publishers banned from social media for running it - is actually legit.
No surprise there. But will everything that Clinton & family did/apparently did, and everything that Trump & family did/apparently did, and everything that Biden & family did/apparently did going to change anything in US politics.

Not likely the cycle will go on and on. Left says fake, right says real. Right says fake, left says real.
Old 20th March 2022, 15:35     #39
_indigo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
Who cares?
Old 20th March 2022, 15:52     #40
Lightspeed

I've taken the time to understand the situation. It's one of those things that whatever the actual case is, I'll never know. About as worth investing energy in as gossip.