NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 19th June 2010, 02:21     #22921
Nich

saw Blue Velvet at Academy this eve . 35mm reel sent over from Aus.

anyway, this scene was loaded upside down. So the image was upside down and the audio was backwards. The whole audience kind of accepted it for a moment, then Academy staff started scrambling.

Was kind of awesome and appropriate =)
Old 19th June 2010, 02:28     #22922
CCS
Stunt Pants

Can't believe they didn't check the print first. Retards.
Old 19th June 2010, 02:34     #22923
Nich

i KNOW the guy whose fault it was too. saw him on the way out and he was all like "Sorry about the backwards reel". Dunno how long hes been at the job.
Old 19th June 2010, 10:49     #22924
chiQ
Frag-muff

I want to know what the story is with the 3DS. Have Nintendo really nailed portable 3D before 3D is mainstream in home theatre?
Old 19th June 2010, 11:28     #22925
leadinjector

not racism but continuing the "yeah but he's a nice guy" theme, i bring you some dude who cheated on his wife by nailing one of his students...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10651562

.... but hes a nice guy, really.

Quote:
School board chairman Murray Hamilton, a police officer, said Emery "was a nice guy who had made a very bad decision".
Old 19th June 2010, 11:37     #22926
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
not racism but continuing the "yeah but he's a nice guy" theme, i bring you some dude who cheated on his wife by nailing one of his students...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10651562

.... but hes a nice guy, really.
That dude looks like an aging boy-band reject. Just puttin' that out there.

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 19th June 2010, 12:21     #22927
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
I want to know what the story is with the 3DS. Have Nintendo really nailed portable 3D before 3D is mainstream in home theatre?
I suspect it's the same deal as the joker who made the PowerBeat batteries - two LCDs leyered on top of each other with a bit of a gap. If so, his patent is about to pay off.
Old 19th June 2010, 17:14     #22928
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiQ
It makes sense that they would be able to do this - if it's necessary to view the screen from a specific angle to get a 3D effect from having two images going to different eyes to fake the 3D, it'd be a damn site simpler if you can do it on a handheld, where you know exactly where someones face will be, versus a TV. Plus convincing people to buy a TV that requires you to be viewing from that specific an angle would be difficult.
Old 19th June 2010, 17:19     #22929
MadMax
Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
turns out stem cells can be sourced from fat

fat injected under grafted skin gets feeling back

human immortality in 3 ... 2 ...

(see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telomerase#Aging)

this has implications for Alzheimer's, arthritis, death, ...
http://www.macquariestemcells.com/0f...a3e6bc41f.html
Quote:
Stem cell story
I have been moving fat from one part of the body to another for more than ten years now. When I noticed that patients were getting unexpected benefits I realized that it wasn’t just volume that I was moving. A year later and patients were showing me that wrinkles had softened and pores were tighter. They hadn’t done anything since the fat transfer so it was assumed to be a bonus of fat transfer but why?

I treated a lady who had a split skin graft on her leg. She had no feeling in the graft. After fat transfer she got return of feeling in the skin. Why?
Old 19th June 2010, 18:30     #22930
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
i KNOW the guy whose fault it was too. saw him on the way out and he was all like "Sorry about the backwards reel". Dunno how long hes been at the job.
Should've asked his dumb ass why he didn't check the print :P

It's not the first time the Academy has made elementary screw-ups. I saw The Conversation there years ago. They had the wrong lens on and didn't even realise. Even when I went out to let them know I just got a blank look.
Old 19th June 2010, 18:46     #22931
CCS
Stunt Pants

Excuse me?
Old 19th June 2010, 19:10     #22932
Delphinus

Quote:
no good. i dont have the space to save a 250gig image, compressed or not.

anyone got a compaq presario cq60 recovery cd? doesn't look like its purchasable online.
Can't you just do a clean install using the licence key from the back and install drivers off the website? Much better OS then too.
Old 19th June 2010, 19:40     #22933
MadMax
Stuff

yeah, if i had a spare vista oem disc

and who the hell in a right mind has one of those . i checked torrents but my google fails me.
Old 19th June 2010, 20:24     #22934
fidgit
Always itchy

Quote:
yeah, if i had a spare vista oem disc

and who the hell in a right mind has one of those . i checked torrents but my google fails me.
...really? You... you can't find a torrent for "vista OEM"? That's... quite surprising.

(Honestly, I just checked, but I also recall admins getting (appropriately) ban-hammery for linking to pirated media. But man, it's not hard.)
Old 19th June 2010, 21:19     #22935
MadMax
Stuff

google gives plenty of results, but most of them are links to one of those $paid 100% guaranteed download pages, are torrent sites that only link to other torrent sites, or they're for a torrent that has only 75% available with only a couple of dozen peers.

besides, there's no way of knowing if the pirated copy isn't loaded with malware.

Last edited by MadMax : 19th June 2010 at 21:20.
Old 19th June 2010, 21:27     #22936
fidgit
Always itchy

Fair enough. I'd get serveral copies (different downloads) perhaps so you've got backups. Use a site like... "torrent site that includes ratings from users"... read the comments - it's not too tricky to find an ISO.

Plus if it turns out to be crap-ladden, you can blow it away and start again with another copy. Assuming you have two computers to use.
Old 19th June 2010, 21:32     #22937
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Excuse me?
I think he was commenting on "every" vs "ever".

Old 19th June 2010, 21:39     #22938
MadMax
Stuff

does everyone need to explain everything to ccs set by step?
Old 19th June 2010, 21:46     #22939
madmaxii

Just had a thought.

We've never seen a photo of CCS/TM.

Visualise this:

Liz Shaw in drag
Old 19th June 2010, 22:28     #22940
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
I think he was commenting on "every" vs "ever".
Quote:
No, Madmax, what I need is for people to explain why they say stupid shit. You tried your "OH LOL NEWSFAIL! WHY DOES CCS NEED IT EXPLAINED?!" and then owned yourself. TnT tried to burn me on a typo. I would have thought TnT was smarter than to post a face-palm pic in response to a simple typo, but nope - he went and did exactly that. I actually gave him the benefit of the doubt it opening the door to a more sophisticated explanation.
Old 19th June 2010, 22:31     #22941
Lightspeed

Quote:
It's a trap.
Old 19th June 2010, 22:59     #22942
Nothing

I suspect TnT wouldn't have done it for just any typo. He probably made a point of doing it with that particular typo because it was a spelling mistake which occurred in the specific context of calling a whole country of people stupid. His post is as if to say: "Well if you're going to call all of those people stupid, the least you can do is get the spelling / words right in your condemnation of their intellectual abilities, because if you fail to do so then it will look like it is, in fact, you who is the stupid one."

I like this game of explaining everything to CCS step by step, what a fun game!
Old 19th June 2010, 23:03     #22943
CCS
Stunt Pants

That fails on the fact that you don't need to be stupid to make a typo. Any person of any intelligence can make a typo. So if TnT's great burn is to say "Lol facepalm cos you made a typo when you called people stupid!!!" then he has resulted in nothing but a burn fail. It's kind of a primary school level attempt at a burn.

So I guess if you feel you're having to explain it to me, what you're explaining is "Is TnT really that thick?"
Old 19th June 2010, 23:08     #22944
Nothing

Well, ultimately I suppose you can interpret it any way you want to, and I don't care anyway, so I'll just say that sometimes you don't need to be completely right for the burn to succeed. All you need to do is win the audience.
Old 19th June 2010, 23:46     #22945
CCS
Stunt Pants

This isn't one of those times.
Old 20th June 2010, 10:07     #22946
Endymion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
Any person of any intelligence can make a typo.
Any person of intelligence can also read their post before they hit submit...
Old 20th June 2010, 12:31     #22947
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endymion
Any person of intelligence can install the After the Deadline plug-in for Chrome and Firefox to check their post before they hit submit.
Ctrl-shift-S, bitches!

Old 20th June 2010, 13:46     #22948
Vrtigo
Marginal Poster

chilli + hash browns + bacon + frankfurter + pasta
OMNOMNOMNOMNOM
Old 20th June 2010, 14:04     #22949
crocos

I basically had that for breakfast, just with poached eggs instead of the franks

Old 20th June 2010, 14:10     #22950
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS
This isn't one of those times.
Quote:
I dunno man, from where I'm sitting, it looks like it is one of those times. I think that this is probably one of those subjective things, where each member of the audience decides for themselves, in which case you don't really have the final decision on whether it's one of those times or not. I think your lack of authority in this case is exacerbated by the fact that you are the target of the burn and, hence, not a member of the audience.
Old 20th June 2010, 14:49     #22951
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Indeed. Which doesn't make it inherently dumb to make a typo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
I dunno man, from where I'm sitting, it looks like it is one of those times. I think that this is probably one of those subjective things, where each member of the audience decides for themselves, in which case you don't really have the final decision on whether it's one of those times or not. I think your lack of authority in this case is exacerbated by the fact that you are the target of the burn and, hence, not a member of the audience.
Can't believe you're still going on about this.

6. Nothing.
Old 20th June 2010, 15:04     #22952
CCS
Stunt Pants

What did you have for lunch, bro?
Old 20th June 2010, 15:11     #22953
CCS
Stunt Pants

More stupid people fall for scams.

Scammers cream $447m

Quote:
Scammers often play on emotional heartstrings, such as in the case of an Auckland woman who was fleeced of $33,000 by an African she met in Auckland through a dating website.

He left for the United Kingdom, where he claimed he had been robbed, and involved in a car accident.

He then asked for money so he could return home to West Africa and work on an oil well.

He provided a certificate of the oil well's authenticity and his flight details.

The woman parted with $33,000 in 14 payments over four days.
"Okay stranger, I feel sorry for you and I will give you lots of money! Promise to give it back later? Okay cheerz!"

If you're having money problems, I feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but a scam ain't one
Old 20th June 2010, 15:42     #22954
MadMax
Stuff

everytime someone quotes ccs, ccs has an orgasm
Old 20th June 2010, 15:43     #22955
Nothing

1. CCS
Old 20th June 2010, 16:15     #22956
madmaxii

2. CCS
Old 20th June 2010, 16:46     #22957
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
That looks like the fucking business. I hope it is, it'll make writing essays a hell of a lot easier.
Old 20th June 2010, 18:48     #22958
crocos

It's not as mature as the one in MS Word, but it ain't half bad either!

Old 20th June 2010, 20:26     #22959
fixed_truth

Someone has been writing Tea Party signs on the side.
Old 21st June 2010, 02:11     #22960
doppelgänger of someone

Fluffy international news of the day

Swedish Crown Princess married her formal personal trainer