https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5y15WjAFD4
~3 minutes

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 20th April 2020, 17:12     #15322
pxpx

now that's pod racing?
Old 21st April 2020, 16:30     #15323
Lightspeed

I'm too lazy to make a meme. So bear with me, or don't.

https://youtu.be/VK693MRfHgY

The worker asleep on the forklift is world leadership. The runaway forklift is ncov19. The easily toppled overloaded shelving is the world economy.
Old 24th April 2020, 04:21     #15324
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

A decade of Kelly Bundy walking into the room

https://gfycat.com/pitifulshimmeringgoldeneye
Old 25th April 2020, 21:59     #15325
crocos

I'm assuming you've all seen The Citizen's Handbook?

Old 26th April 2020, 16:34     #15326
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

unbaleeted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceer
Nope! and thanks!
Old 12th May 2020, 01:44     #15327
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Snarky Puppy: Lingus - Cory Henry's solo on Japanese bamboo flute

what
Old 12th May 2020, 12:05     #15328
crocos

At first I was thinking "Nice", then it got to "DAYMN"

Old 13th May 2020, 16:48     #15329
Nothing

Honest Gov't Ad: Pandemic update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWl7kQZHZE0
Old 13th May 2020, 23:00     #15330
OdditY
Bad Hacker, No Biscuit

Health minister uses Cunts in live stream press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfhmR_uQl8U&
Old 14th May 2020, 13:24     #15331
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocos
I'm assuming you've all seen The Citizen's Handbook?
Part way through it, very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing
Also very good.
Old 14th May 2020, 13:53     #15332
Lightspeed

Original Jiggly Cake Cutting

This video is fascinating. Not so much the content, but that it showed up in my feed at all, along with its view count, and comments like these:
  • YouTube: I bet you’re wondering why I’ve gathered you all here today
  • I see the YouTube algorithm has brought us all together again
  • 2020 going terribly wrong... youtube: here’s a jiggly cake from 2 years ago!! 73 million ppl: 😃

Weird algorithms. Is it a quirk or by design for some reason? Human content curation has its own mysteries of course.
Old 17th May 2020, 18:33     #15333
pxpx

Do not question the algorithm
Old 17th May 2020, 18:51     #15334
Lightspeed

... I did watch the whole video.
Old 18th May 2020, 18:26     #15335
ceer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
... I did watch the whole video.
As did I, not sure why TBH , after the first one was completed it is a replication, still watched the whole thing though weird!
Old 31st May 2020, 13:11     #15336
Nich

The Fourth Turning: Why American 'Crisis' May Last Until 2030
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yfb2zQjKWE
Old 31st May 2020, 14:27     #15337
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Speaking as a jaded history buff: the things that are obvious turning points for society usually turn out to not change very much. Right now the USA is replaying 1968 and 1968 wasn't the end of the Republic. In fact by 1972 it was business as usual and hardly anyone remembered the riots of 1968.

Strauss and Howe's work is not viewed as entirely robust by academics, but if there's one thing that postmodernism has shown us it's that academics are bunch of cunts. I've always been a sucker for a good cyclic history theory, and the mack in this regard is Peter Turchin, whose work I recommend highly.
Old 4th June 2020, 19:13     #15338
Lightspeed

Landslide in northern Norway, 3rd of June 2020

Not something you see every day. There was a dog trapped on bit of land that was rescued by helicopter.

https://www.nrk.no/tromsogfinnmark/f...lta-1.15039598
Old 4th June 2020, 22:26     #15339
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Right now the USA is replaying 1968 and 1968 wasn't the end of the Republic.
I mean, yea, 1968. But also, 1968 + 2008 + 1918. Just sayin'.
Old 4th June 2020, 23:39     #15340
Lightspeed

Quote:
I want to believe: objects on the moon.
I really enjoy Captain Disillusion, his analysis.
Old 5th June 2020, 11:35     #15341
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
I really enjoy Captain Disillusion, his analysis.
Gold
Old 5th June 2020, 16:29     #15342
Lightspeed

CD is very underated.

Quote:
Here's a working link I should have just looked up in the first place:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QcBSbQo4XA
Old 7th June 2020, 16:59     #15343
Cyberbob

"Don't be a Sucker" from 1947 perfectly illustrates why it's taken so long for non-blacks to realize the key reasons behind the BLM movement. It simply doesn't affect them.

Watch the small scene, or the entire film.

It illustrates my key problems with MAGA, Trump, "all lives matter", and people that sympathize with those sorts of viewpoints.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 7th June 2020 at 17:00.
Old 8th June 2020, 16:12     #15344
Nich

The Monopoly On Violence
https://youtu.be/XWAEKQjN-yM
Old 9th June 2020, 08:47     #15345
Cyberbob

Back in 2004, The Daily Show host Jon Stewart appeared on Tucker Carlson and Paul Begala's CNN Crossfire. He perfectly highlighted the problems with the media's role in politics, and every single point is true today, but more so. https://youtu.be/aFQFB5YpDZE
Old 9th June 2020, 10:32     #15346
Nich

Crossfire took the fall for that red pill moment. I think Tucker Carlson has reinvented himself since then, unfortunately all the Daily Show clones (Seth Meyer, Stephen Colbert, The Daily Show, et al) have amplified the partisan hacks that Jon warned against.

The Daily Show died when Obama became president and it too revealed itself to be a partisan hack also.
Old 9th June 2020, 11:45     #15347
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich

The Daily Show died when Obama became president and it too revealed itself to be a partisan hack also.
NB: The Daily Show was a comedy show hosted by comedians on a channel called The Comedy Channel.
Old 9th June 2020, 11:57     #15348
Nich

How many times have you heard "I get my news from The Daily Show, I trust it more than normal news." ... the promoters, producers, and funding of The Daily Show (now Last Week Tonight, et al) were / are well aware that many people trust them as being more truthful than mainstream media. Once you have everyone's ear and trust, it's time to churn out the divisive propaganda.

Take the Trump Russiagate BS: aside from being more entertaining (debatable) is there any difference between Stephen Colbert and Rachel Maddow?
Old 9th June 2020, 13:26     #15349
Cyberbob

I won't agree with you on many of those points, but I will absolutely say there is very little difference, and that's the problem.
Serious news media should not be aligned to a comedy current event show.

I might have my bias blinders on, but I see very minimal propaganda or partisan promotion on Last Week Tonight, Daily Show, etc. I see them point out injustices on account of one party more than another. I see them highlight hypocrisy on one party more than the other. But it's a highlighting of the injustice and hypocrisy, and the inaction of those with the power to change things.

For Jon's Daily Show, the comedy of errors that was the Bush Administration was great material. Stephen Colbert's Colbert Show amplified that with his persona.
For Last Week Tonight, Trump has been a source of material. Funny, yes. Breaking issues down and simplifying so the general population can consume, yes.

But again, these are all entertainment shows. If you recognise that they are level with serious news media, then I'll agree with you. But recognise that as the crux of the problem.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 9th June 2020 at 13:30.
Old 9th June 2020, 13:39     #15350
Cyberbob

Jordan Klepper vs. Trump Supporters | The Daily Show

Did the producers of The Daily Show send a comedian to a Trump rally for content? Yes. Were they able to get enough content to splice together a segment highlighting the insane hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness of Trump supporters. Yes.
Would they get the same quality of content if they took that same comedian to a Biden rally? I'm not sure, and we'll never know.

Is it partisan? I can see how it can come across that way. They're following the content in the name of comedy. Their audience is a reasonably intelligent lot who wish to be more informed on politics, and choose to consume their politics through comedy. Is it filled with confirmation bias? Probably. Does that matter in a comedy show? IMO, no.

Are you going to compare that to a demographic that wish for reinforcement of their current standpoint also through confirmation bias by sitting in their West Palm Beach retirement condo with Fox and Friends playing 24/7?

Last edited by Cyberbob : 9th June 2020 at 13:43.
Old 9th June 2020, 21:07     #15351
Nich

Now, this is just my opinion, but they stopped being "just a comedy show" when Trump became president. Up until that point I thoroughly enjoyed Last Week Tonight for their depth of research. They went all in just like Rachel Maddow in trying to assassinate Trump with pee pee tapes, Muller report, Putin friendship, banana republic blah blah.

I felt like Jon Stewart in that segment. "Just please stop." It ceased to be entertaining or funny for me and I felt like they were no longer selecting topics, but rather having the topics selected for them. I was being propagandised by a "comedy show".

So I stopped watching.

I think it is comparable to a Fox and Friends these days. But it used to be comparable to a 60 Minutes or 4 Corners, with more naughty words.

Last edited by Nich : 9th June 2020 at 21:08.
Old 9th June 2020, 21:51     #15352
Nothing

I mean, you don't think that the response is in any way proportional to the level of absurdity in the administration?
Old 10th June 2020, 21:19     #15353
Nich

I agree that Trump as a president goes against many norms, and he is extremely unpresidential. It may just be that he puts an ugly face on the imperialist institution and that is enough to turn the entire system against him.

Why hasn't anything come of any of the daily "bombshell" revelations, or "evidence" of collusion? If he is truly criminal and corrupt, why the need to fabricate ellaborate stories of crimes that never happened? and why send the FBI after a red herring?

The news media, and comedy news has cried wolf so many times that if there was a real crime to report on it would be washed away the following day by whatever fake crime or disgusting behaviour he did next.

There's no oxygen left for stories of real corruption and crime by elites. No space for stories on:
- Obama using FBI to spy on Trump and Flynn
- Epstein didn't kill himself, who might have wanted him dead? Prince Andrew will not cooperate with FBI inquiry.
- US congress wants to make encryption illegal
- The Central banks around the world are inflating the money supply by hundreds of billions each week. Stock markets going up but real economy is suffering mass unemployment and bankruptcies

I agree with the many people who say Trump is a symptom. Trump's election was an opportunity to ask what disease allowed Trump to get into power. I guess we'll have to wait for Trump's time in office to come to an end.
Old 11th June 2020, 12:27     #15354
blynk

Unfortunately because the US is so partisan that it won't happen.
And its not just the Right. It's both sides.

So when people on the one side complain, the otherside just sees it as it's because its from the other side.
And half the complaining is baseless because its from the otherside.

I think you need a seismic event to make a change, otherwise people just go on with their lives. They are too busy to actually do anything.

Covid could be the event that pushes governments a little more to the left, or to show that employees can get by WFH, or a change to work/life balance.
George Floyd could be the event that helps with Racism.
Old 11th June 2020, 14:00     #15355
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
George Floyd could be the event that helps with Racism.
You have a far more optimistic view of human nature than I do. My hot take: in 3 months we will remember George Floyd the same way we remember that other black guy that got killed by police, whatever his name was, and that other one.
Old 11th June 2020, 14:00     #15356
Nich

The Day Today - WAR!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BO6GP9NMY
Old 11th June 2020, 15:06     #15357
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
You have a far more optimistic view of human nature than I do. My hot take: in 3 months we will remember George Floyd the same way we remember that other black guy that got killed by police, whatever his name was, and that other one.
Ahh - you mean this guy?
Old 15th June 2020, 16:03     #15358
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
You are right, the first (I know he wasn't the first), was a bit of - what the fuck, we are angry, and got a small amount of traction.
This now gets more traction. Maybe this is the one that causes it (although having another black man shot so close might).

I guess it could be similar to school shooting.
"Another school shooting. I'm outrag.... oh look a shiny new phone to buy"
Old 17th June 2020, 19:49     #15359
Know me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avjL...&start_radio=1

Iron Maiden fans ever wondered why Steve Harris said that the sound on the first album was shit? Few mistakes but the sound is awesome. Transylvania...
Old 2nd July 2020, 23:15     #15360
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Not work safe

NZK - A ZU ZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMdc0ct4TCc

Russian music video about a goat. Probably not safe for work.