Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion > The year of rugby
User Name
Password

Old 13th August 2015, 09:36     #1
FireStorm
Holmium

HD Rugby Stream - Paid options?

Let me start with saying I hate Sky and as such, I will never get Sky installed. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a decent online streaming service that will show the AB games (and world cup games too I guess) in HD. I'm happy to pay but I'm not willing to pay the $70+ a month that Sky wants. Showing NZ cricket, F1 and V8 supercars would be a bonus too...

I've been watching streams of the rugby/cricket but the res is often terrible with frequent delays/buffering. There seems to be lots of dodgy sites that claim to provide HD paid streams but I would never give them my details.

Any ideas?
Old 13th August 2015, 15:16     #2
spigalau

Sky (sorry had to say it) has announced an online streaming service (Fan Pass) where you can either pay for a day ($14.99) or pay for a week ($19.99) - will allow you to access all sports channels.

No need for a monthly chare, can pick & choose what you pay for. But yeah, they do have you by the short & curlys.

More info here - http://www.skytv.co.nz/Default.aspx?tabid=1920
Old 13th August 2015, 15:20     #3
spigalau

or if you are tight, PrimeTV will be screening all of the AB games - most are live (final, semi, etc) but some pool matches will be delayed. And yes, sorry not in HD.
Old 13th August 2015, 15:41     #4
FireStorm
Holmium

I was wondering about the fan pass, it may be a better option but it's still fairly expensive for essentially one game of rugby (at least as far as the Bledisloe is concerned). Thanks for the info!

I'm still hoping that there's a magical site out there that will do this. $30 a month or something.