Old 17th December 2007, 09:53     #482
Helious

^^^ lol
Old 17th December 2007, 10:28     #483
cEvin
Love In Vein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley
I started at the gym again about 2 months ago, 4 weeks ago I started on PH Correct Creatine, and ive put on 5kg of lean muscle in the last 4 weeks.

Had a family dinner last night and everybody mentioned how much broader i've gotten and how big my arms have gotten

Very hard to see for myself, but I can feel the difference
you are an idiot, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTiTus
I have put on 9kg in a week before accidentally, so why is putting on 5kg over 4 weeks so difficult if that's your goal?
5kg in 4 weeks is totally doable, if you want 4kg fat / 1kg muscle.

Last edited by cEvin : 17th December 2007 at 10:29.
Old 17th December 2007, 11:13     #484
flic
Dee Hast Mish

It's interesting to read that there are just as many skinny's out there trying to bulk up as well as fatty's trying to slim down.
Old 17th December 2007, 11:35     #485
Trigger
Laserman

+1 for trying to bulk up here
Old 17th December 2007, 11:49     #486
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

I went from 69kg (too skinny) to 78kg (the most I have ever been), after a week of beer jugs in the garden bar and two for one roasts at lunchtime. Fo sh0, I ate two roasts a day, as well as dinner and probably a [couple of] bottle[s] of wine at night if I remember the situation :P. It wasn't muscle by any means, I had a belly that I wasn't proud of, but it certainly increased how much I weighed...

Normally I don't worry about my weight like a bitch, I don't give a fuck what the scales say, as long as I'm eating well and my foot can reach your face...
Old 17th December 2007, 11:51     #487
cEvin
Love In Vein

i finished a 9 week lifting cycle about 1 week ago, made about 15-20% gains on most lifts using a 4 day split over 7 days, with 1 or 2 days cardio on top. my weight stayed more or less the same, maybe down slightly - I mostly ate maintenance cals at 40/40/20 split.

after the holidays I'm going to restart the cycle but switch to a 20 day 3800 cal bulk followed by 10 keto diet on monthly cycles and see how it goes - it's all in the before and after pics~
Old 17th December 2007, 12:10     #488
Toksin

Far out, I have no idea what you just said. Whatever happened to just running and staying fit?
Old 17th December 2007, 12:11     #489
cEvin
Love In Vein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toksin
Far out, I have no idea what you just said. Whatever happened to just running and staying fit? :p
lol - yes that also works :D
Old 17th December 2007, 12:22     #490
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Anyone here trying to lose weight and get fit?
Old 17th December 2007, 12:35     #491
Toksin

I'm just trying to get fit and lose a developing gut :/
Old 17th December 2007, 13:17     #492
Helious

Quote:
Originally Posted by cEvin
i finished a 9 week lifting cycle about 1 week ago, made about 15-20% gains on most lifts using a 4 day split over 7 days, with 1 or 2 days cardio on top. my weight stayed more or less the same, maybe down slightly - I mostly ate maintenance cals at 40/40/20 split.

after the holidays I'm going to restart the cycle but switch to a 20 day 3800 cal bulk followed by 10 keto diet on monthly cycles and see how it goes - it's all in the before and after pics~
Jeeze Louise~ You sound extreme boi! I'll be keen to see those pics!

p.s you used tilde :p

what a guy~
Old 17th December 2007, 13:23     #493
Markh

Quote:
Originally Posted by flic
For more than a year now I have been walking at a brisk pace for an hour EVERY* day. (every day defined as more than 350 days out of 365) I think that by walking every day I have ingrained it more as a habit than if I was walking every 2nd day. I am trying to establish a lifetime long habit with this.

So far my belt is in 3 holes more than what it was. I have no idea of what I weighed before or now. I find walking/running/climbing stairs much easier than I did around mid-'06.

Working with computers or any other job that entails sitting on your arse all day long exercising your brain and not your body - is not good for your physical health. Anyone that gets no exercise from normal daily activity needs to make an effort to get out and work their body somehow IMO.
Old 17th December 2007, 14:07     #494
Helious

Holy crap

Just watched I Am Legend.

Ho-ly shit Will Smith looks dynamite. He looks about the same bf% as he was back in the Fresh Prince of Bel Air days, but ho-ly, he has mean muscle rocking on his body, he looks like Arnold in Pumping Iron or something - haha!

I remember when I saw him in Ali, I thought "shit, he's massif, but he's carrying a little more bf than usual". You can forget that, he looks INSANE in I Am Legend.
Old 17th December 2007, 14:27     #495
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadinjector
9kg in a week sounds a little unlikely, even if it was fat that is still a huge amount
4 weeks.

xor - well its not ENTIRELY lean, my body fat has increased by 1% and thats it. And b. Yes. I've done worse fat wise before.
Old 17th December 2007, 14:40     #496
Helious

Ashley, just challenge xor to an armwrestle and fuck him up

I did
Old 17th December 2007, 14:56     #497
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

GALBRAITHS!
Old 17th December 2007, 14:59     #498
Erazhure

Quote:
yup. will be starting in about 2 weeks.
sick of being a fat boy... although, i know ill never be skinny.. im just a big guy. but i need to lose a good 50kg.
Old 17th December 2007, 15:20     #499
flic
Dee Hast Mish

I've lost 22 kg in the last 4.5 months. A little more to go but so far so good
Old 17th December 2007, 15:37     #500
cEvin
Love In Vein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erazhure
yup. will be starting in about 2 weeks.
sick of being a fat boy... although, i know ill never be skinny.. im just a big guy. but i need to lose a good 50kg.
50?? wow, stop typing immediately and start running
you're already losing by telling yourself you can't be slim - stop that shit.

Quote:
4 weeks.

xor - well its not ENTIRELY lean, my body fat has increased by 1% and thats it. And b. Yes. I've done worse fat wise before.
sorry to burst your bulking bubble, but even roids + coleman genetics + perfect diet + perfect training could add 2-3 lean kgs max in 4 weeks.

you've gained water weight from the creatine - should help your lifts either way.

Quote:
nice work! before/after pics?

Last edited by cEvin : 17th December 2007 at 15:42.
Old 17th December 2007, 15:41     #501
JP

Quote:
Wow! That's awesome, great work! Bet you look totally different.
Old 17th December 2007, 15:47     #502
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Crikey - you've got the anorexia?
Old 17th December 2007, 16:12     #503
flic
Dee Hast Mish

I'll do the before and after pics when I reach my goal.

Give me a few months

And no, not anorexic, by far
Old 17th December 2007, 16:19     #504
Erazhure

Quote:
50?? wow, stop typing immediately and start running
you're already losing by telling yourself you can't be slim - stop that shit.

hehe.. well, im a big person though.
lasttime i weighed myself, i weigh as much as a lineman in American football.
330 pounds, and im 6ft 3".
its been so long since ive dealt with KiloGs, i have no idea how many KGs that is but maybe 50kg was too much, but 50 pounds off would be great.

I have alot of muscle though, which i is heavier than fat, correct?
Often people are suprised at how much i weigh, and i cant even tell you how many T-shirts i get for Xmas that dont fit! just gimmie money dammit!

[edit] great job flic!! good inspiration!! thanx!
Old 17th December 2007, 16:27     #505
cEvin
Love In Vein

Quote:
hehe.. well, im a big person though.
lasttime i weighed myself, i weigh as much as a lineman in American football.
330 pounds, and im 6ft 3".
its been so long since ive dealt with KiloGs, i have no idea how many KGs that is but maybe 50kg was too much, but 50 pounds off would be great.

I have alot of muscle though, which i is heavier than fat, correct?
Often people are suprised at how much i weigh, and i cant even tell you how many T-shirts i get for Xmas that dont fit! just gimmie money dammit!

[edit] great job flic!! good inspiration!! thanx!
what about getting a cross trainer?
you mentioned snack food - try celery or other fresh veges.

weren't you a chef at one stage? or am i thinking of someone else?
Old 17th December 2007, 16:35     #506
flic
Dee Hast Mish

There's 2.2 pounds per Kilo.

50kg is 110 pounds.

A good weight for someone who is 6'3" would be around 200 pounds. That's give or take depending on your frame size and things. It's hard to give a definite weight to achieve just based on height. (BMI is not a great calculation really)
Old 17th December 2007, 17:30     #507
Jamiepo

Erazhure:

I would probaly say that for some one of around 6'3 with a naturally fairly large build dropping 110 pounds (50 kilos) would be a fairly big ask. Dropping down to 110 kg which is ~245lb would put you in fairly good stead. I am about 5'91/2 and weigh about 200lb and don't consider myself that big or unfit. I feel that weight to height guides should always be taken with a grain of salt. I am at a weight were I can do everything that my job requires of me and so for me I am fairly happy at this weight. My advice is instead of having a specific weight goal to work towards (because a lot of people who are "scale watching" do a lot of dumb shit to get to thier "ideal weight" and end up losing more muscle thatn fat) give yourself a goal of things that you want to be able to do for example x amount of push ups and run x amount of miles in x amount of time or play a whole game of soccer. Then work towards these goals but getting fitter and losing weight.
Old 17th December 2007, 17:35     #508
Erazhure

Quote:
what about getting a cross trainer?
you mentioned snack food - try celery or other fresh veges.

weren't you a chef at one stage? or am i thinking of someone else?
er.. 'scuze my ignorance here, but whats a "cross trainer"?... exersize equip?...
snack foods really wont be a problem for me.. i was just looking for anyones tasty (but healthy) suggestions. but i love friuts and veges, so no probs there.

yea i was the chef.. that was a while ago now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flic
50kg is 110 pounds.

A good weight for someone who is 6'3" would be around 200 pounds. That's give or take depending on your frame size and things. It's hard to give a definite weight to achieve just based on height. (BMI is not a great calculation really)
at 200 pounds i would be pretty thin for my frame size i feel.
If i was 250, i would look pretty good i think, and certainly is a gettable goal.

looking forward to getting started! wooot!
Old 17th December 2007, 17:37     #509
Helious

Quote:
er.. 'scuze my ignorance here, but whats a "cross trainer"?... exersize equip?...
A X-Trainer provides a no impact workout, much like swimming(except you obviously aren't going to get wet!). At your weight clearly you wanna do cardio/aerobic exercises but you would definitely need to minimise the impact on your joints. X-Trainer = perfect
Old 17th December 2007, 18:06     #510
flic
Dee Hast Mish

Cross trainer

Old 17th December 2007, 18:35     #511
Erazhure

hells yea. thats me right there...

sadly, they are big $, and im leaving the country in less than 6 months... so.. hehe.. but certainly what im looking for! thanx
Old 17th December 2007, 18:36     #512
flic
Dee Hast Mish

you should be able to hire one for a nominal fee per month
Old 17th December 2007, 21:18     #513
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Quote:
sorry to burst your bulking bubble, but even roids + coleman genetics + perfect diet + perfect training could add 2-3 lean kgs max in 4 weeks.

you've gained water weight from the creatine - should help your lifts either

Yar my trainer explained it today, he estimated about 2 to 2.5kgs and the rest water weight. Someones been reading lots

p.s - Elliptical trainer is great for recovering from broken bones. I broke my leg + knee cap a few years back and that thing was a goddess.

Last edited by Ashley : 17th December 2007 at 21:20.
Old 17th December 2007, 22:41     #514
Juju
get to da choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju
www.nutritionexpress.co.nz is a good place if you want EAS protein powder.
Hrm, having just received my latest bucket of powder, I now realise why they have good EAS deals. The shipment came with a return address of "www.nutritionexpress.co.nz, C/O EAS New Zealand, Albany."
Old 17th December 2007, 23:08     #515
Ashley
Fuck up Ashley

Fonterra 25kg 100% whey protein = win
Old 18th December 2007, 00:06     #516
Heresy
yawn.

Quote:
I'll do the before and after pics when I reach my goal.

Give me a few months

And no, not anorexic, by far
wow that's awesome! huge congratulations flic, 22kgs is brilliant. be proud!

cEvin: your dedication to the cause is completely admirable, you seem to have your head completely around the whole fitness thing. well done man.

me - slacking off. Gymming regularly but not working out as hard as I could, and not eating as well as I know I can. Not too fussed though - rather than making excuses and blaming external factors, it simply comes down to my willingness to forgo healthy eating & exercise in lieu of other things, essentially drinking and the poor diet and lack of energy and exercise that comes with it. This is influenced by the hectic time of year, esp in London.

Going to try my first proper cut once it starts to warm up in March/April so I can start running in the mornings when it's not pitch black and I won't freeze, and will give up alcohol for the duration.
Old 18th December 2007, 00:16     #517
exo

Quote:
Fonterra 25kg 100% whey protein = win
From davis trading? Isolate or concentrate, what are the prices recently?
Old 18th December 2007, 01:42     #518
xor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heresy
wow that's awesome! huge congratulations flic, 22kgs is brilliant. be proud!

cEvin: your dedication to the cause is completely admirable, you seem to have your head completely around the whole fitness thing. well done man.

me - slacking off. Gymming regularly but not working out as hard as I could, and not eating as well as I know I can. Not too fussed though - rather than making excuses and blaming external factors, it simply comes down to my willingness to forgo healthy eating & exercise in lieu of other things, essentially drinking and the poor diet and lack of energy and exercise that comes with it. This is influenced by the hectic time of year, esp in London.

Going to try my first proper cut once it starts to warm up in March/April so I can start running in the mornings when it's not pitch black and I won't freeze, and will give up alcohol for the duration.

x2 Congrats flic.

cEvin - You not doing rippetoe's at all now?

Heresy - Harden up.
Old 18th December 2007, 01:57     #519
Hooker

Well, been travelling over July/August and most of Sep. Since I got back I've been feeling REALLY tired (hopefully not a case of ME!), so I figured I could put it down to not exercising for 3 months and eating a crap load for three months...which in contrast prior to travelling I ran 5/6 days a week and had a pretty tight diet. I went from 73kg to 78kg.

So, about 3 weeks ago I've been trying a Paleo type diet (grains/dairy/wheat/gluten/potatos/rice...kinda like Atkins but for a different POV). Started going to Gym 2x a week (need to go more but got a cold which took me out), running outside would causing permanent nipple damage. Down to 75Kg - initial aim was 74Kg by Xmas day.

Then I will eating a 10 pack of Sainsbury's donuts (best donuts ever, 99p!...needless to say they are injected with raspberry jam)...craving breads! Will eat truck loads of toast/sandwiches/rolls/PIZZA.

I've never been on a diet change...one thing that I never really thought about was how pominent wheatflour is...it is almost in everything I use to eat.

Kinda getting over Veges/Meat, although it means I cook curries about 4 times a week so I'm not complaining. Going out for meals is a real pain in the arse, unless you're going to a poshy restaurant where they have gluten free meals and the waiter doesn't look at you weird.

Last edited by Hooker : 18th December 2007 at 01:58.
Old 18th December 2007, 02:41     #520
Heresy
yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xor
x2 Congrats flic.

cEvin - You not doing rippetoe's at all now?

Heresy - Harden up.
harden up? pfft, I've simply got better things to do with my time at the moment. :>

Hoox: any particular health reason for removing all that from your diet?

Last edited by Heresy : 18th December 2007 at 02:42.