NZGames.com Forums
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 1st September 2023, 09:30     #8081
ePi

... and Ahsoka's deadpan, emotionless, slow-walking, meditation acting has quickly gotten extremely boring.
Old 1st September 2023, 10:14     #8082
Cyberbob

She’s playing too much into the wise old monk tropes imo. I know the character's older, but the way it's being portrayed is just so different from Clone Wars and Rebels.

Let the Ashley Eckstein inside of this Ahsoka out for a bit.
Old 4th September 2023, 17:12     #8083
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Russian version of Married With Children (Happy Together)

It's funny how the house is pretty much the Bundy house, even if it doesn't make sense because they're in an apartment block.
Old 5th September 2023, 14:18     #8084
_Incubus_

First 3eps of Season 2 of Wheel of Time out, enjoying this so far.

Really enjoying the small screen adaptation, sans the endless clothing observations in the books.
Old 8th September 2023, 00:03     #8085
_indigo1

Life/health is pretty bad for me right now, so laughing is not something that really happens; however I just watched the musical episode of StarTrek Strange New Worlds Season 2 - and honestly I think I woke someone up with an actual LOL.

Watching Klingons try to resist and then be forced into singing like a boyband was just too fucking good. 25s saved that entire episode. LOL still laughing.
No wonder they were so wound up to destroy the anomaly.
Old 8th September 2023, 00:21     #8086
Lightspeed

It was a great season overall. I replayed that scene way too many times, it was just hilarious.

Did the Klingons suggest that their grievance with Starfleet is that they only call "when you got your dramas"? La'an said that the phenomena was an intel leak risk. Perhaps we'll see more Klingon-Starfleet piss-ups paving the way for galactic harmony.

I hope you find some more laughter.
Old 8th September 2023, 12:33     #8087
_indigo1

I'm still pissing myself about it this morning.

You find out earlier on that the Klingon's are ready to go on a suicide run to take out the anomaly - and then when that scene drops you realise why, LOL!

The way he tries to fight breaking into song is gold as well - and yeah I've been replaying it too.

Why you always callin us, when you got yo dramas?

One of these days we'll repay you, we'll slay you.

Gonna draw your last breath

At the end of our Mk'Leths

Your eternal torture is every Kingon's dream

You know what I mean

Make your blood SCREEEEEEAM!!!

Old 11th September 2023, 16:23     #8088
wazza
*flex*

heh
Old 12th September 2023, 07:06     #8089
StN
I have detailed files

Hmm - saw the first 10 minutes of that last month - he washed up on a beach that turned out to be the south of France??? Not a spoiler according to that poster...
Old 15th September 2023, 18:02     #8090
Lightspeed

One Piece Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix

Keen to see Usopp and Chopper in live action together. They've done a good job of capturing the absurd humour of the anime.
Old 15th September 2023, 19:15     #8091
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
One Piece Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix

Keen to see Usopp and Chopper in live action together. They've done a good job of capturing the absurd humour of the anime.

Really enjoyed this, glad it hasn't gone the way of Cowboy Bebop.
Old 18th September 2023, 16:28     #8092
Lightspeed

Foundation Season 2 was excellent. So many great performances and scenes.

I particularly liked Ben Daniels as Bel Riose. And Laura Birn as Demerzel, wow. For most of the series she felt so cold and unassailable, but when being vulnerable her energy is so completely different.

And Rachel House FTW!

Last edited by Lightspeed : 18th September 2023 at 16:29.
Old 19th September 2023, 17:54     #8093
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Haven't seen any of it yet. Loved S1, even though my inner Asimov fanchild was triggered by the differences from the books.
Old 20th September 2023, 14:14     #8094
ePi

S2 was great! Much better than S1 I thought. Very enjoyable.
Old 20th September 2023, 15:10     #8095
wazza
*flex*

yeah i buzzed out on s2
i came here to post a couple of times but i'm useless at expressing myself meaningfully so gaps'd that
Old 20th September 2023, 15:39     #8096
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Haven't seen any of it yet. Loved S1, even though my inner Asimov fanchild was triggered by the differences from the books.
I get that, I keep the series on my bookshelf as a kind of transitional object. I was leafing through it after watching season 2 and I get why they've gone the way they have.

I mean, it's old. All the sci-fi ideas that were cool then are well established now. Anyone making something new out of this is inevitably going to weave something more contemporary into it.

One thing that's I've realised is missing from depictions of galactic empires is time dilation is never a factor. The entire empire tends to enjoy a single clock.
Old 21st September 2023, 14:42     #8097
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Yeah that's always going to bug me too.
Old 29th September 2023, 18:50     #8098
wazza
*flex*

From the world of "The Boys" comes "Gen V," which explores the first generation of superheroes to know that their super powers are from Compound V. These heroes put their physical and moral boundaries to the test competing for the school's top ranking.

Old 29th September 2023, 21:19     #8099
Savage

Really quite enjoying Wheel of Time season 2. It's really hit its stride and there have been some great performances E.g. Egwene when initially captured as a damane. Lanfear is good fun too

Still quite strongly dislike the actors in the roles of Rand and Lan though :/
Hoping Rand will improve as he takes on the role of the Dragon. Lan is just reminiscent of Tom Cruise trying to play Jack Reacher
Old 29th September 2023, 22:13     #8100
Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza
From the world of "The Boys" comes "Gen V," which explores the first generation of superheroes to know that their super powers are from Compound V. These heroes put their physical and moral boundaries to the test competing for the school's top ranking.
I hope there is some cameos from the main characters in The Boys, and I think I read that Solider Boy was making an appearance.
Old 4th October 2023, 19:52     #8101
wazza
*flex*

lol at ahsoka ep 8 24mins20secs, the storm trooper falling on the stairs, there's no way that was in the script hahaha. i have an eagle eye!
Old 4th October 2023, 20:12     #8102
Lightspeed

What a great series. Cool mystical vibe, decent live action lightsaber choreography, wall-to-wall epic characters.

RIP Ray Stevenson.
Old 6th October 2023, 18:30     #8103
wazza
*flex*

Loki S02E01 is out. can't even remember if i finished season 1
Old 8th October 2023, 14:49     #8104
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

The Old Man

Started watching it for John Lithgow, and it's so good.

It's basically CIA shit, but with spiritualism and mysticism. (Not praise Jebus spiritualism, but meaning, purpose, identity, legacy type spiritualism.)

Jeff Bridges is obviously Jeff Bridges, Alia Shawkat is great too. Loads of sympathetic characters. Loads of great acting and emoting. Brutal violence.

The story always seems to framed by a dichotomy. Whether it's power and vulnerability, life and death, trust and betrayal, parent and child, truth and darkness, love and loss.

Season 2 is confirmed!

Last edited by Lightspeed : 8th October 2023 at 14:51.
Old 8th October 2023, 19:39     #8105
StN
I have detailed files

I don't think I ever worked out who the titulare character was! Seem to evolve with the story...
Old 8th October 2023, 20:58     #8106
Lightspeed

It's not an old man. It's "the old man". The cliffhanger revelation I think makes that clear.
Old 9th October 2023, 07:18     #8107
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza

Why did I think sitting down to watch this with my daughter in the room was a good idea... It's been so long since Termite and the Herogasm.
Old 12th October 2023, 12:05     #8108
_Incubus_

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
First 3eps of Season 2 of Wheel of Time out, enjoying this so far.

Really enjoying the small screen adaptation, sans the endless clothing observations in the books.
Full Season out now, vast improvement over the sluggish Season 1. Season 3 has a greenlight, have high hopes this is only going to get better.
Old 12th October 2023, 12:30     #8109
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

I'm not really feeling Gen V at all, but went back and started The Boys from the start, and OMG it is so good. How the hell Antony Starr has not been nom'd for awards I don't know.
Old 14th October 2023, 12:31     #8110
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I'm not really feeling Gen V at all, but went back and started The Boys from the start, and OMG it is so good. How the hell Antony Starr has not been nom'd for awards I don't know.
Well the format of it really for old dudes. It is very much a younger audience type of show about teens.

Except because it relates to The Boys its extremely graphic. If you took that out of it, and have it as a show about teens with powers, it definitely would be as boring as shit.
Old 14th October 2023, 17:19     #8111
wazza
*flex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I'm not really feeling Gen V
yeah, it's crap
Old 14th October 2023, 21:17     #8112
ePi

Loki has lost me, I have no idea whats going on - but its entertaining.
Old 16th October 2023, 15:58     #8113
Lightspeed

Rick & Morty Ultimate Timeline
Old 16th October 2023, 16:15     #8114
Lightspeed

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ePi
Loki has lost me, I have no idea whats going on - but its entertaining.
Sames.
Old 16th October 2023, 19:05     #8115
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Sames.
There was a clip in the ep2 recap that I don't even recall. It was when Sylvie was ordering takeaways. I don't recall when that happened
Old 16th October 2023, 19:12     #8116
Lightspeed

That was post-credits episode one. Before the final credits, but after the... stylised credits? Freaking Marvel making me figure out how to distinguish between different types of media credits, haha.
Old 22nd October 2023, 17:17     #8117
Kryten

Been away too long, so coming back with a TV recommendation:

Harley.

Fucking.

Quinn.

Do the needful in order to to watch this. Absolutely wild that DC managed to release something this good.
Old 22nd October 2023, 20:44     #8118
Cyberbob

It's awesome. This is the tiny clip that convinced me to give it a go.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/hMPtdpesje0
Old 24th October 2023, 15:33     #8119
[fe]

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Incubus_
Full Season out now, vast improvement over the sluggish Season 1. Season 3 has a greenlight, have high hopes this is only going to get better.
Wheel of Time S2 was defintely speedier. Not familiar with the books but wasn't overwhelmed with detail (thankfully it didnt get bogged down down in tedium like The Witcher) Will check out S3 for sure.

Also finished The Bear S2, Good sharp kick in the nuts but kind of lost steam towards the end. The (very-special) christmas-episode was a bit ott, but loved the cousin centric ep. Wouldnt be in a hurry to watch S3.

Bring on Good Omens S3. The leads are just too good.
Old 24th October 2023, 15:49     #8120
Kryten

Quote:
Originally Posted by [fe]
Wheel of Time S2 was defintely speedier. Not familiar with the books but wasn't overwhelmed with detail (thankfully it didnt get bogged down down in tedium like The Witcher) Will check out S3 for sure.

Also finished The Bear S2, Good sharp kick in the nuts but kind of lost steam towards the end. The (very-special) christmas-episode was a bit ott, but loved the cousin centric ep. Wouldnt be in a hurry to watch S3.

Bring on Good Omens S3. The leads are just too good.
If you'd told me that I was going to be in tears during either of "Fishes" (Christmas) or "Forks" (Richie) I would never have guessed correctly which one it would have been. That shit was intense.