Go Back   NZGames.com Forums > General > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 26th April 2019, 16:39     #36121
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
@RealSnarkyPuppy

We are very sad to announce that Snarky Puppy's concert in Adelaide has been cancelled for their upcoming tour. We will make it up to all the fans next time we're on that side of the world, and hope to see you soon. We're so sorry for the inconvenience..
Noooooo
Old 5th May 2019, 16:44     #36122
CCS
Stunt Pants

'Disrespectful' Te Papa museum visitor ignores signs, climbs on $700,000 exhibit
Quote:
A Te Papa museum visitor has been slammed after ignoring warning signs and climbing on a rare $700,000 exhibit on the weekend.

On Saturday exhibit-goer Leon Watson was taking a look around the Britten V1000 motorbike exhibition when he overheard a woman say she was going to climb on the bike.

With a helping hand of another bystander, the woman is seen climbing over the warning barrier and pushing herself onto the exhibit, which is more than 2m high.

The woman then posed for a photo before climbing down.

Watson told Stuff the woman's behaviour was stupid and disrespectful.

Get off the fucking bike, you stupid fucking bitch! It's not a fucking toy!

Quote:
When questioned about her action, Watson said the woman claimed to be a close friend of the late John Britten, the New Zealand mechanical engineer who designed a world-record-setting motorcycle.

That makes it worse, you entitled fucking bitch! If you really did know him, then that actually makes it worse. You're dispresecting his memory and what he achieved by clambering all over his legacy and risking damage to it!

SMFH.
Old 5th May 2019, 17:58     #36123
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

But she needed those Likes!
Old 5th May 2019, 19:33     #36124
StN
I have detailed files

Can't wait for her page to surface and watch her be destroyed.

Stupid bitch. One of ten ever built (albeit potentially the one cobbled together with spares so they kept the good bits for the race bike) and the one that wasn't at the the 9/10(+1 if you count White Lightening) meetup in the US a few years back - because NZ Govt were too stringent on insurance for it to travel.

Obligatory big picture.

No apologies for size!

Old 9th June 2019, 14:47     #36125
Lightspeed

Government's camera plan to protect Māui dolphins divisive among fisheries' stakeholders
Old 17th June 2019, 01:40     #36126
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Google raising G Suite pricing and Dropbox raising pricing and turning into an app I don't want. Pricks.

Moving everything to 365.
Old 17th June 2019, 09:06     #36127
pxpx

<3 u 365 my sweet bb
Old 17th June 2019, 14:27     #36128
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Dropbox 2011: it's a folder that syncs
Dropbox 2019: We’re here to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working

fuuccckkkkk offffffffff
Old 17th June 2019, 15:16     #36129
BoyWonder

Funny how Microsoft has become the "good guy" these days. Except for messing with Windows 10 that is. I don't know what was so wrong with the first release of Windows 10.
Old 20th June 2019, 11:10     #36130
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Dropbox 2011: it's a folder that syncs
Dropbox 2019: We’re here to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working

fuuccckkkkk offffffffff
Folders as a Service (FaaS)
Old 21st June 2019, 19:10     #36131
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Folders as a Service (FaaS)
That's what it was. Now it's god knows / what the fuck is that POS?

وكل يوم كنت تعيش في العبودية
Old 21st June 2019, 21:55     #36132
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

“Look you fuckers stop trying to recreate slack because slack is already slack. I just want a fucking synced folder “
Old 22nd June 2019, 09:13     #36133
Cyberbob

It's a solution desperately looking for a problem.
Old 22nd June 2019, 21:32     #36134
MadMax
Stuff

Got the flu jab only 2 months ago and pretty sure I’ve now got the flu.

This is day 4 of nausea, random heart palpitations, fever, blocked nose, painful sinuses, nearly chocking on phlegm, sore eyes, migraine ... I will say however a single dose of lemsip gives me a good four hours break from almost all of that.

Now, the fun part is that as my bathroom is currently being renovated we have a portaloo outside as the only toilet. Today had a little sun shine which made the plastic room all nice and toasty warm. Just perfect for bringing out the smells from four weeks of deposits into the nostrils of a nauseas flu sufferer right when I really must go.

Last edited by MadMax : 22nd June 2019 at 21:33.
Old 23rd June 2019, 10:06     #36135
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Got the flu jab only 2 months ago and pretty sure I’ve now got the flu.
So far enough apart that one definitely has nothing to do with the other.

You do realise that there are literally billions of varieties of influenza and the boffins can only immunise against the 4-5 strains that is their best guess for what will most likely impact the majority of the white areas of the northern hemisphere.

Also the "White areas" comment is not racist but instead a realistic reflection that the bloodwork that the majority of vaccines are tested against are from white folks. There are active movements to change that.

Last edited by crocos : 23rd June 2019 at 10:07.
Old 23rd June 2019, 21:28     #36136
MadMax
Stuff

Wholey shit dude, I was not suggesting the jab was the cause of my sickness Aaand I’m fully aware of the science. It’s irony that adds to the gear grind, that’s all
Old 25th June 2019, 20:17     #36137
crocos

Right. The way you posted made it look like you were implying one led to the other.

Anyway... my gear grind for the evening: Looks like I've got a job for the weekend: Replace my front door knob. The barrel seems to have stopped working (jammed, had to jimmy it to get it open) and pulled out WAAAY too easily.

Old 1st July 2019, 21:11     #36138
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Fuck Japan

Quote:
Japan has resumed commercial whaling after 31 years, meeting a long-cherished goal of traditionalists that's seen as a largely lost cause.
Whaling boats embarked today on their first commercial hunts since 1988, when Japan switched to so-called research whaling, but will stay within the country's exclusive economic waters. Japan's six-month notice to withdraw from the International Whaling Commission took effect on Sunday.
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:08     #36139
MadMax
Stuff

YUO=LAME

Am I the only one that indicates when exiting a driveway or car park?

Oh hai there i see you’re trying to exit that there petrol station onto a busy road and no one is letting you in. WELL MAYBE IF YOU GAVE A CLUE WHERE YOU WERE GOING
Old 23rd July 2019, 13:41     #36140
blynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Am I the only one that indicates when exiting a driveway or car park?

Oh hai there i see you’re trying to exit that there petrol station onto a busy road and no one is letting you in. WELL MAYBE IF YOU GAVE A CLUE WHERE YOU WERE GOING
Me, often.
"Well I can't see your right hand indicator so your left one must be on, I will let you in.
Why are you not going, fuck you I will go. Oh I see, you don't either indicator on you fucktard. You are never going to get onto the other side of the road like that"
Old 29th July 2019, 13:47     #36141
blynk

GMG, the idiots on facebook Marketplace.

My rant is far too long for here. But people are fucktards on that place
Old 30th July 2019, 16:27     #36142
leadinjector

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
GMG, the idiots on facebook Marketplace.

My rant is far too long for here. But people are fucktards on that place
after 5 years in the polis, i can tell you with certainty that nobody should ever use FB marketplace. ever. for anything. unless your kink is getting rolled for an iphone you are trying to sell or buying stolen shit.
Old 31st July 2019, 11:40     #36143
blynk

Its generally used when it hasn't sold through Trademe
Old 3rd August 2019, 18:12     #36144
crocos

FB market place amuses the heck out of me seeing some of the ridiculous shit people are trying to fob off at stupid prices.

Old 8th August 2019, 19:22     #36145
MadMax
Stuff

Kid’s school asking us to fill out what his iwi, boat, river etc is. Ahhh that’s great but doesn’t work if you’re non-Maori. Any nearby mountain is not ours to claim and to write something down on the form I feel would be offensive to whoever might actually claim to be their mountain.
Old 8th August 2019, 20:56     #36146
Cyberbob

Pepeha.nz suggest that it's for all New Zealanders, but I absolutely feel the same way about it.
Old 8th August 2019, 21:10     #36147
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Ngāti NZG, Serenity, Anduin
Old 10th August 2019, 16:02     #36148
MadMax
Stuff

Turns out it doesn’t really matter. Your local river/mount is “yours” if that’s where you’re from. As for waka, well his mum is from overseas so his waka will be wakarere Quantas
Old 10th August 2019, 18:26     #36149
Cyberbob

It appears that my vdsl splitter has stopped working. The noise on the line went up, and speed i'm syncing at dropped dramatically a few days ago.

I've just put the line in place without the splitter, and it's no worse, so yea, the splitter's just stopped doing its job.

Never heard of this before.

I'll get a new splitter tomorrow I guess.

UFB can't come fast enough.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 10th August 2019 at 18:28.
Old 16th September 2019, 18:46     #36150
crocos

I kinda want to move to Aussie now, because it seems everything I need to arrange demands that I already have an Aussie address.

Fuck.

Old 16th September 2019, 19:13     #36151
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Rent a PO Box from Australia Post at a post office close to somewhere you know you'll be regularly (e.g. the new job).

https://m.auspost.com.au/m-static/me...ine-access.pdf

Give your employer's address as your street address on the application.

I've found a PO Box so useful I couldn't imagine being without it. Giving people my home address? Fuck offfff.
Old 16th September 2019, 20:10     #36152
crocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Rent a PO Box from Australia Post at a post office close to somewhere you know you'll be regularly (e.g. the new job).

https://m.auspost.com.au/m-static/me...ine-access.pdf

Give your employer's address as your street address on the application.

I've found a PO Box so useful I couldn't imagine being without it. Giving people my home address? Fuck offfff.
Yeah, my application with Australia Post for my TFN requires proof of address, so <shrug>.

But yeah, the plan is for general mail & smol packages it's get a PO Box.

Old 27th September 2019, 12:50     #36153
Nich

I want to make more music away from computer screens. So I ordered an Aphex 661 Compressor from the states. It has an easy fuse slot for 120v or 240v connections. So I knew I needed more parts. Oh well, work it out when the unit arrives.

It arrived, and on the weekend I was screwing gear into the rack, velcro up all the cables nice and neat, powered up the rack. All gear powers up except the Aphex, then I remember it has the wrong fuse in place! Turn it off and all LEDs on Aphex flash. Fuck.

I may have cooked my compressor running 0.375 amps through when it should be 0.25 amps. Cannot attempt to power it on yet, the correct fuses are in the mail. I am a fucking idiot.

I'm trying to console myself with videos of people throwing their $1,000 iphones into the toilet, ocean, sewer. And thinking stupid shit like the difference between 0.375 amps and 0.25 amps is so small and couldn't possibly kill the device.
Old 27th September 2019, 16:20     #36154
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Nich makes pop. Good luck with that... I imagine a repair MIGHT be justifiable if it's a unit you really wanted (and already sunk $$ into). Probably better to have a slightly more expensive compressor than a very expensive doorstop.
Old 27th September 2019, 21:22     #36155
kRAdENkO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
I want to make more music away from computer screens. So I ordered an Aphex 661 Compressor from the states. It has an easy fuse slot for 120v or 240v connections. So I knew I needed more parts. Oh well, work it out when the unit arrives.

It arrived, and on the weekend I was screwing gear into the rack, velcro up all the cables nice and neat, powered up the rack. All gear powers up except the Aphex, then I remember it has the wrong fuse in place! Turn it off and all LEDs on Aphex flash. Fuck.

I may have cooked my compressor running 0.375 amps through when it should be 0.25 amps. Cannot attempt to power it on yet, the correct fuses are in the mail. I am a fucking idiot.

I'm trying to console myself with videos of people throwing their $1,000 iphones into the toilet, ocean, sewer. And thinking stupid shit like the difference between 0.375 amps and 0.25 amps is so small and couldn't possibly kill the device.
So you had it setup expecting 120V but supplied 230V?
Old 28th September 2019, 10:31     #36156
Nich

yep.

good news is that current fuse is dead. no smoke got let out, and all components inside appear uncooked.

After taking it to a few repair shops, the fix may be a transformer 240v to 120v
Old 3rd October 2019, 14:09     #36157
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Here's that hippie, pro-privacy, pro-freedom Apple y'all so love: Hong Kong protest safety app banned from iOS store

Tim Cook: I know we're supposed to be the good guys but China has so much money
Old 9th October 2019, 13:05     #36158
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

groundhog day

Blizzard has removed Hong Kong Hearthstone competition winner blitzchung from Hearthstone Grand Masters, revoked all his prize money, and have banned him from pro play for stating his support for Hong Kong democracy protestors.

Blizzard Entertainment: I know we're supposed to be the good guys but China has so much money
Old 9th October 2019, 16:49     #36159
Cyberbob

Reddit's going absolutely nuts about it. /r/Blizzard has been set to private, and any/all gaming subreddits are posting hundreds of screenshots of people deleting Blizzard related accounts, cancelling subscriptions, etc etc.

It's full meltdown mode.